Re: Game 3 : Dallas Mavericks (0-2) @ Los Angeles Clippers (2-0) - 3:30 PM 

Post#101 » by TheNewEra » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:30 pm

Good looks
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#102 » by TheNewEra » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:47 pm

Kabengele still working his ass off setting screens and running plays you need to reward that man with minutes
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 533

Post#103 » by Kelphus » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:51 pm

Awful
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 533

Post#104 » by Kelphus » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:54 pm

Wow, what a steaming pile. Did they just decide without Leonard there was no point? Bench looked horrible, poor ball movement by scrubs.

And now MTV says that Doc is like a virus, and the current coaches are infected. So outlandish, but expected. At least this genius waited all the way until first loss to unfurl his idiocy.
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,956

Post#105 » by ejftw » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:55 pm

TheNewEra wrote:Kabengele still working his ass off setting screens and running plays you need to reward that man with minutes

Agreed, Oturu also was a bully. I'd like to see Lue rotate those two with PPatt as the third big. Also, more Mann/Coffey and less RJackson
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#106 » by TheNewEra » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:59 pm

Kelphus wrote:Wow, what a steaming pile. Did they just decide without Leonard there was no point? Bench looked horrible, poor ball movement by scrubs.

And now MTV says that Doc is like a virus, and the current coaches are infected. So outlandish, but expected. At least this genius waited all the way until first loss to unfurl his idiocy.

Everyone looked horrible really. Biggest concerns

-Kennard needs so much work it’s not even funny

-With Beverly giving no care about fouling and the rest of the guards we have we are going to need to add some defense

-Batum is a good player but stop having him guard guards faster and quicker than him

-Paul George can’t be the primary playmaker especially with no Kawhi

-Kabengele and Oturu might be our only good prospects. I’m about done with Mann and Coffey non shooting issues and suspect defense
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#107 » by TheNewEra » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:01 pm

ejftw wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:Kabengele still working his ass off setting screens and running plays you need to reward that man with minutes

Agreed, Oturu also was a bully. I'd like to see Lue rotate those two with PPatt as the third big. Also, more Mann/Coffey and less RJackson

Coffey might need to get a chance but as a 2Way he can only play so much. Mann’s lack of confidence and ability to shoot is killing him when his defense off ball is so weak he’s almost unplayable. Reggie is Reggie but even when he hits a shot he’s going to get bullied by bigger guards
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#108 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:05 pm

Kelphus wrote:Wow, what a steaming pile. Did they just decide without Leonard there was no point? Bench looked horrible, poor ball movement by scrubs.

Not true. I have consistently argued since Doc was fired that promoting one of his assistants wouldn't be enough of a culture change. This isn't just something I'm saying because we lost.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#109 » by TheNewEra » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:18 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:

Not true. I have consistently argued since Doc was fired that promoting one of his assistants wouldn't be enough of a culture change. This isn't just something I'm saying because we lost.

It’s a bad loss just don’t give ammo for anything else because you are mad. Go watch a movie cool off and move on don’t go backwards
James2000
Sophomore
And1: 27

Post#110 » by James2000 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:32 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:

You all might tell at me on this board, but I need to say this. Everyone please calm down and stop panicking like the world is on fire. First and foremost, it's the 3rd game of the season. While, the score was terrible, (I thought that this was a mistake or joke), it's not the end of our season.

We had so many things that was at our disadvantage such as Kawhi being out, mookie still out, and etc, it is not the end of the world. This is Dallas payback from what we did to them in the playoffs. We pay Denver back on Friday and they wanted to pay us back (especially since mookie tried to injure and we embarrass them in the playoffs).

Now, let's give them time for the coaches to integrate their system and etc to the players. Also, let give the players a chance to get use to each other. The season is not over by a long shot
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#111 » by TheNewEra » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:39 pm

James2000 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:

You all might tell at me on this board, but I need to say this. Everyone please calm down and stop panicking like the world is on fire. First and foremost, it's the 3rd game of the season. While, the score was terrible, (I thought that this was a mistake or joke), it's not the end of our season.

We had so many things that was at our disadvantage such as Kawhi being out, mookie still out, and etc, it is not the end of the world. This is Dallas payback from what we did to them in the playoffs. We pay Denver back on Friday and they wanted to pay us back (especially since mookie tried to injure and we embarrass them in the playoffs).

Now, let's give them time for the coaches to integrate their system and etc to the players. Also, let give the players a chance to get use to each other. The season is not over by a long shot

We need to get some information on that knee because soreness should not take this long
James2000
Sophomore
And1: 27

Post#112 » by James2000 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:46 pm

TheNewEra wrote:
James2000 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:Not true. I have consistently argued since Doc was fired that promoting one of his assistants wouldn't be enough of a culture change. This isn't just something I'm saying because we lost.

We need to get some information on that knee because soreness should not take this long

I agree with you on that. If this is very serious for being going on IR, then we need to get an injury exception on this.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#113 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:53 pm

James2000 wrote:You all might tell at me on this board, but I need to say this. Everyone please calm down and stop panicking like the world is on fire. First and foremost, it's the 3rd game of the season. While, the score was terrible, (I thought that this was a mistake or joke), it's not the end of our season.

Not yelling at you, but this isn't just a garden-variety loss and it didn't happen in a vacuum. This is a historic loss coming off a historic playoff failure and an offseason full of questions about this team's leadership, mental toughness and chemistry. The criticism is warranted.

Notice how actual championship teams never lose like this, even when they're at a disadvantage. And speaking of those so-called "disadvantages" - it was an early matinee game for the Mavs too and they didn't have Porzingis. I'd argue that it was actually a level playing field, so there's no excuses for the way this team quit today.

No, it's not the end of the season. But it does need to be the end of the "revenge season" nonsense. Clearly this team was just talking before they've proven anything as usual.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,225

Post#114 » by Clemenza » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:55 pm

Relax everyone. Relax. It was a nightmare and disaster but it was also an anomaly and a glitch in the Matrix game. The worst part about all of this is the haters and media pawns that will hot take, laugh, and meme this to death. No excuse cause you should never play this badly but post Christmas then the 12:30 pm start time which we rarely win anyways. We have five games in seven days- back to back Tuesday & Wednesday. If we play like **** in those then we'll need some answers as to what is going on. The wins @Lakers & @Nuggets were no fluke. We'll be alright, its just the embarrassment and reaction of it all -"Clippers gonna Clipp"- that burns our souls.

But I will finally cave in and say we need to evaluate out point guard situation. A real starting calibur pg would've helped ten fold at the start of this --not after being blown out-- but at the start especially when the team's head and desire wasn't into this one at all. Pat Bev and Reggie isn't going to cut it. I've been defending Kennard as well but I'm starting to wonder if he can get it going on offense. I like the young bigs but Coffey and Mann are starting to become rather disappointing. They can't shoot or/and are afraid to shoot. I see Jay Scrubb when he gets healthy and hopefully gets some run --maybe/maybe not- but I see him passing up Mann & Coffey in the rotation one day. Maybe even Kennard as well.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#115 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:58 pm

Dunno of a team that has won a championship after losing a regular season game by 50.

It is time to “panic”.
It is time to wonder wth is wrong with this team.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#116 » by Clemenza » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:08 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Dunno of a team that has won a championship after losing a regular season game by 50.

It is time to “panic”.

Don't take it there yet. This is no ordinary season, neither was last season. Horrible nightmare game from us yes.. but I see a lot of funky weird sh*t on the horizon in the league this year. This win doesn't even ensure that Dallas makes the playoffs. Portland looks off, still not even sure about Phoenix even with the addition of CP3, Lakers lost their intimidating front line, GS is really bad, Houston has problems, Minnesota and Sac are starting to figure it out, etc. We got 4 games in five days. Don't put this type evil on the team. Lets see what happens first.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 918

Post#117 » by NickP » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:12 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Dunno of a team that has won a championship after losing a regular season game by 50.

It is time to “panic”.

It is time to get a real PG. Period.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#118 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:13 am

Clemenza wrote:This is no ordinary season, neither was last season.

Everyone's playing and coaching under the same circumstances, so this isn't a valid excuse.

Horrible nightmare game from us yes.. but I see a lot of funky weird sh*t on the horizon in the league this year.

The "funky weird sh*t" seems to be disproportionately coming from the Clippers. No other team rewrites the record books in a bad way or invents as many new ways to demoralize their fans as this team does. I'd say we're the Falcons of the NBA, but at least the Falcons have actually made it to the Super Bowl a couple times.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#119 » by Clemenza » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:29 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Clemenza wrote:This is no ordinary season, neither was last season.

Everyone's playing and coaching under the same circumstances, so this isn't a valid excuse.

Horrible nightmare game from us yes.. but I see a lot of funky weird sh*t on the horizon in the league this year.

The "funky weird sh*t" seems to be disproportionately coming from the Clippers. No other team rewrites the record books in a bad way or invents as many new ways to demoralize their fans as this team does. I'd say we're the Falcons of the NBA, but at least the Falcons have actually made it to the Super Bowl a couple times.

No arguments from me. I agree with you for the most part. All the fluke-wtf sh*t tends to happen with us all the time. There's no excuse for a showing like this even if both PG and Kawhi were out. It seems like there's a new embarrassing moment-low point for us every month. I'm sick of the jokes and memes that come from this sh*t as well. Definitely can't watch the morning sports shows tomorrow.. But if this doesn't wake them up and get them to respond then nothing will. Its a Lakers world and we always seem to facilitate and add to their lore all the time. Lets see how we respond on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,407

Post#120 » by Roscoe Sheed » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:29 am

the Clippers seem to always play terrible for these 12:30 matinee games. They lost to Memphis by like 30 points last season on 2 occasions if I'm not mistaken. Today was just extra. Let's not be too concerned unless this happens in upcoming games.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers