Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#201 » by spearsy23 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:33 am

Dadouv47 wrote:Would hurt if GSW gets Cade

Curry is too good for that.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,203

Post#202 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:34 am

thedoppelganger wrote:Unexpected victories by the Hornets and Knicks always great to see, Cavs starting 3-0 and they look pretty decent so far.

Watching the Warriors and Draymond can't get back soon enough. The collective basketball IQ of every non-Steph player is incredibly sub-par, getting a fake first for Oubre doesn't look too bad at this point. Worried if Steph gets so much as a tweaked ankle they'll find a way to hold him out for 4 months.

I can’t see GS tanking again this year. That’s two wasted years of curry. Surely he’s too much of a competitor for that. If they want to go that route, I think curry would refuse or ask for a trade.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#203 » by spearsy23 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:35 am

Being up by 2 with the other team getting the last shot always feels like the worst place to be. So many guys can hit off balance prayers these days that I'd almost prefer to take a worse shot at the buzzer to make sure I get the last possession.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#204 » by spearsy23 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:36 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
thedoppelganger wrote:Unexpected victories by the Hornets and Knicks always great to see, Cavs starting 3-0 and they look pretty decent so far.

Watching the Warriors and Draymond can't get back soon enough. The collective basketball IQ of every non-Steph player is incredibly sub-par, getting a fake first for Oubre doesn't look too bad at this point. Worried if Steph gets so much as a tweaked ankle they'll find a way to hold him out for 4 months.

I can’t see GS tanking again this year. That’s two wasted years of curry. Surely he’s too much of a competitor for that. If they want to go that route, I think curry would refuse or ask for a trade.

Wiggins will have enough good offensive games that (when combined with curry's every day) they won't be at the top of the lottery barring extreme luck.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#205 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:37 am

Watching the Kings and Suns. When I watch Ayton I get an Andrew Wiggins vibe.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#206 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:40 am

spearsy23 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

Wiggins will have enough good offensive games that (when combined with curry's every day) they won't be at the top of the lottery barring extreme luck.

Agree. I meant if golden state wanted to hold him out with a phantom injury. They stand a better chance of getting a great pick with Minnesota’s pick rather than their own.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,124

Post#207 » by Dadouv47 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:41 am

ThunderBolt wrote:

They won't tank but they are really bad so probably will end up with one of the worst seed in the West. Giving up assets for getting better this year would be stupid. It's not ideal for Curry but he hopes Klay comes back next season and they will have a lot of assets.
Curry already won 3 rings and don't think he's as desperate as KD was in 2016.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#208 » by Dadouv47 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:42 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:I can’t see GS tanking again this year. That’s two wasted years of curry. Surely he’s too much of a competitor for that. If they want to go that route, I think curry would refuse or ask for a trade.

Agree. I meant if golden state wanted to hold him out with a phantom injury. They stand a better chance of getting a great pick with Minnesota’s pick rather than their own.

I'm not sure, I think it's really close (if KAT comes back soon enough)
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#209 » by Dadouv47 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:46 am

Dadouv47 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:Wiggins will have enough good offensive games that (when combined with curry's every day) they won't be at the top of the lottery barring extreme luck.

I'm not sure, I think it's really close (if KAT comes back soon enough)

Also the West is so stacked that it won't surprise me if they have a 20%+ chance of getting a top 4 pick
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#210 » by spearsy23 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:48 am

Hope markelle fultz can keep having success. Jumper still is bad looking, but if it goes in that's okay
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#211 » by Dadouv47 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:02 am

Reading the Wizards subforum looks like our own forum 5 years ago. They hate Scott Brokes. Feel like he's one the most likeable and coach and his players love him but he's just too bad ;(
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#212 » by jake_swivel » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:04 am

spearsy23 wrote:Tbf I like curry, he's a great player. So is russ. one shouldn't be the golden boy while the other gets **** on due to team success.

Thanks for answering. I disagree, but I'm not quite sure why. I never thought of the pre-Durant Warriors as hyper-talented, but they won more regular season games than any team in history with Steph playing the lead. I can't imagine Westbrook being the undisputed lead guard on a championship team. I think a 2015 trio of russ/green/thompson is a 55 win, second round team.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#213 » by jake_swivel » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:05 am

spearsy23 wrote:Hope markelle fultz can keep having success. Jumper still is bad looking, but if it goes in that's okay

Philly flat out giving up on him was crazy. I get that the media firestorm about him was a distraction, but jeez.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#214 » by Dadouv47 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:10 am

jake_swivel wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:Hope markelle fultz can keep having success. Jumper still is bad looking, but if it goes in that's okay

Philly flat out giving up on him was crazy. I get that the media firestorm about him was a distraction, but jeez.

Sixers are really lucky they made their rebuild before the new lottery rules. They made so many mistakes :crazy:

I watched Fultz tonight and he was great in Q4 but Wizards defense was so bad that it helped.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#215 » by jake_swivel » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:20 am

Dadouv47 wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:Sixers are really lucky they made their rebuild before the new lottery rules. They made so many mistakes :crazy:

Okafor, Noel, and Fultz. Whiff, whiff, whiff. Then the Butler/Horford situation. Yeesh.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#216 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:54 am

jake_swivel wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:Sixers are really lucky they made their rebuild before the new lottery rules. They made so many mistakes :crazy:

Okafor, Noel, and Fultz. Whiff, whiff, whiff. Then the Butler/Horford situation. Yeesh.

Don’t forget trading bridges for Zaire smith on draft night. Bridges is exactly what they needed then and now. His mom even worked for the 76ers at the time. I remember them showing her on draft tonight.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#217 » by iamworthy » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:51 pm

Do you guys know what's going on with Trevor ariza?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#218 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:11 pm

iamworthy wrote:Do you guys know what's going on with Trevor ariza?

He's not reporting for the same "personal reasons" he didn't join his team in the bubble. Neither he nor the the thunder seem to worried about him come to OKC.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#219 » by iamworthy » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:35 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:

He's not reporting for the same "personal reasons" he didn't join his team in the bubble. Neither he nor the the thunder seem to worried about him come to OKC.

Dang, hope everything is ok with him. Lakers are interested in signing him if he gets bought out.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Post#220 » by retrobro90 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:22 pm

iamworthy wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

Dang, hope everything is ok with him. Lakers are interested in signing him if he gets bought out.

He'll get bought out before the buyout deadline but he's a 16mil expiring so OKC could use him in a trade if they were trying to take back a longer deal in exchange for draft capital. Would imagine the team that trades for him will still buy him out though considering there aren't really playoff teams with bad money right now outside of Philadelphia.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder