ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 3 : Dallas Mavericks (0-2) @ Los Angeles Clippers (2-0) - 3:30 PM

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

James2000
Sophomore
And1: 27

Re: Game 3 : Dallas Mavericks (0-2) @ Los Angeles Clippers (2-0) - 3:30 PM 

Post#121 » by James2000 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:49 am

Here is the problem and concerns about today's generation: 4 for 33 in 3pt. This is a problem that I don't understand. If your 3 pts are not following, why not go for the 2pts or layups and dunks? Also, why not use your big men more often. It doesn't make that much sense that we can not run post games like they are dependent on 3pts. The clippers need to integrate more post moves for our big man and shoot 2pts.

In addition, it seems like that is their mindset. Ty lue need to build this to their system instead of falling in love of the 3pts. If we don't do this, this will be a continuing trend.
James2000
Sophomore

Post#122 » by James2000 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:54 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
James2000 wrote:You all might tell at me on this board, but I need to say this. Everyone please calm down and stop panicking like the world is on fire. First and foremost, it's the 3rd game of the season. While, the score was terrible, (I thought that this was a mistake or joke), it's not the end of our season.

We had so many things that was at our disadvantage such as Kawhi being out, mookie still out, and etc, it is not the end of the world. This is Dallas payback from what we did to them in the playoffs. We pay Denver back on Friday and they wanted to pay us back (especially since mookie tried to injure and we embarrass them in the playoffs).

Now, let's give them time for the coaches to integrate their system and etc to the players. Also, let give the players a chance to get use to each other. The season is not over by a long shot

Not yelling at you, but this isn't just a garden-variety loss and it didn't happen in a vacuum. This is a historic loss coming off a historic playoff failure and an offseason full of questions about this team's leadership, mental toughness and chemistry. The criticism is warranted.

Notice how actual championship teams never lose like this, even when they're at a disadvantage. And speaking of those so-called "disadvantages" - it was an early matinee game for the Mavs too and they didn't have Porzingis. I'd argue that it was actually a level playing field, so there's no excuses for the way this team quit today.

No, it's not the end of the season. But it does need to be the end of the "revenge season" nonsense. Clearly this team was just talking before they've proven anything as usual.

Hey man, I don't disagree with you on this. The issue is that we are trying to be a perimeter team and not using our big man. This is a glaring issue of the clippers and the NBA. Everyone wants to be like Golden state warriors and not create our own identity. Its glaring and need to be fixed. However, it's not the end of the world. We are not going to be 72 and 0. It's ok to be 60 and 12 and win the NBA title.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,384

Post#123 » by Roscoe Sheed » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:25 am

When is Morris coming back? They could use him on both sides
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 773

Post#124 » by donemilio21 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:26 am

James2000 wrote:Here is the problem and concerns about today's generation: 4 for 33 in 3pt. This is a problem that I don't understand. If your 3 pts are not following, why not go for the 2pts or layups and dunks? Also, why not use your big men more often. It doesn't make that much sense that we can not run post games like they are dependent on 3pts. The clippers need to integrate more post moves for our big man and shoot 2pts.

In addition, it seems like that is their mindset. Ty lue need to build this to their system instead of falling in love of the 3pts. If we don't do this, this will be a continuing trend.

I think that way too, why force something that is not working? But everyone today thinks statistically, and they say "we are 1-15, statistically we can still go 6-15"while they are not wrong, it often does not work like that. When you have an off day you have an off day. There is also the fact that when you are down by 30-40 points, you are not going to catch your opponent by playing tougher defense and pick and roll layups. You need to play fast and make 3s, similar to you need to pass the ball downfield when you are down big in football despite having thrown 4 INTs up to that point.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#125 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:27 am

Clemenza wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Dunno of a team that has won a championship after losing a regular season game by 50.

It is time to “panic”.
It is time to wonder wth is wrong with this team.

Don't take it there yet. This is no ordinary season, neither was last season. Horrible nightmare game from us yes.. but I see a lot of funky weird sh*t on the horizon in the league this year. This win doesn't even ensure that Dallas makes the playoffs. Portland looks off, still not even sure about Phoenix even with the addition of CP3, Lakers lost their intimidating front line, GS is really bad, Houston has problems, Minnesota and Sac are starting to figure it out, etc. We got 4 games in five days. Don't put this type evil on the team. Lets see what happens first.

Putting this kind if evil on the team.

Finding new ways to embarrass their already long suffering fan base. It’s not cool. Not only is it not cool, it’s not something I can say I’ve seen championship teams go through.

This is supposed to be, quite literally, the best part of our franchise’s history (signing Kawhi n hopefully getting to a chip with him) and we just suffered the worst loss in franchise history.

No excuses from me. No explanations. **** is trash. Sorry bro.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
donemilio21
Analyst

Post#126 » by donemilio21 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:28 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:When is Morris coming back? They could use him on both sides

he is listed day-to-day. who knows? He could come back on Tuesday, he maybe out for another ten games. NOt much has been shared by the team on his injury so far other than its something like knee soreness.
donemilio21
Analyst

Post#127 » by donemilio21 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:38 am

The only thing that both concerns me and pisses me off about this game is that we missed 50 shots in this game, yet were only able to grab 5 offensive rebounds (10%!). In comparison, Dallas missed 44 shots and grabbed 11 of them (25%).
James2000
Sophomore

Post#128 » by James2000 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:42 am

donemilio21 wrote:The only thing that both concerns me and pisses me off about this game is that we missed 50 shots in this game, yet were only able to grab 5 offensive rebounds (10%!). In comparison, Dallas missed 44 shots and grabbed 11 of them (25%).

To me this is a sign that we are not boxing out our men to get the rebound. This is where we need to put effort into getting the ball. That is what it tells me. Rebound is effort and determination.
boogiezen
Senior
And1: 410

Post#129 » by boogiezen » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:44 am

Wrong thread. :banghead: :lol:
Maybe it's better not to be the best. Then you can lose and it's OK. - Searching for Bobby Fischer (1993)
James2000
Sophomore

Post#130 » by James2000 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:45 am

donemilio21 wrote:
James2000 wrote:Here is the problem and concerns about today's generation: 4 for 33 in 3pt. This is a problem that I don't understand. If your 3 pts are not following, why not go for the 2pts or layups and dunks? Also, why not use your big men more often. It doesn't make that much sense that we can not run post games like they are dependent on 3pts. The clippers need to integrate more post moves for our big man and shoot 2pts.

I think that way too, why force something that is not working? But everyone today thinks statistically, and they say "we are 1-15, statistically we can still go 6-15"while they are not wrong, it often does not work like that. When you have an off day you have an off day. There is also the fact that when you are down by 30-40 points, you are not going to catch your opponent by playing tougher defense and pick and roll layups. You need to play fast and make 3s, similar to you need to pass the ball downfield when you are down big in football despite having thrown 4 INTs up to that point.

This is why I missed the 80s through late 90s ball. Not everyone is so caught up on 3 pointers. Also, it is system ball and game is much tougher. Today's game is not as physical. It is sad.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#131 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:05 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Dunno of a team that has won a championship after losing a regular season game by 50.

It is time to “panic”.
It is time to wonder wth is wrong with this team.

Don't take it there yet. This is no ordinary season, neither was last season. Horrible nightmare game from us yes.. but I see a lot of funky weird sh*t on the horizon in the league this year. This win doesn't even ensure that Dallas makes the playoffs. Portland looks off, still not even sure about Phoenix even with the addition of CP3, Lakers lost their intimidating front line, GS is really bad, Houston has problems, Minnesota and Sac are starting to figure it out, etc. We got 4 games in five days. Don't put this type evil on the team. Lets see what happens first.

Putting this kind if evil on the team.

Finding new ways to embarrass their already long suffering fan base. It’s not cool. Not only is it not cool, it’s not something I can say I’ve seen championship teams go through.

This is supposed to be, quite literally, the best part of our franchise’s history (signing Kawhi n hopefully getting to a chip with him) and we just suffered the worst loss in franchise history.

No excuses from me. No explanations. **** is trash. Sorry bro.

"Don't put this kind of evil on the team," LOL. How about the team stops putting this kind of evil on the fanbase first? We're the ones getting all the ridicule just for supporting our team, only to get rewarded with more record-setting embarrassments.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,196

Post#132 » by Clemenza » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:25 am

Nets just lost to the Hornets and the Bucks are getting blown out by the Knicks. We'll be alright
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,186

Post#133 » by Max Headrom » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:58 am

Clemenza wrote:Nets just lost to the Hornets and the Bucks are getting blown out by the Knicks. We'll be alright

Time for them to blow it up I suppose...
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#134 » by TheNewEra » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:06 am

It must of been a Christmas hangover. Losing by 50 is bad but a bunch of teams and Doc (I’m sorry I had to mention him after I saw his name trending after our loss) makes me feel so much better.

A lot of teams were not ready to play today
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#135 » by TheNewEra » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:08 am

Clemenza wrote:Nets just lost to the Hornets and the Bucks are getting blown out by the Knicks. We'll be alright

Wish we would of got it down to 30 something but there were upsets all over different sports today
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#136 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:51 pm

And the worst part is, that garbage, sluggish, disinterested look from preseason that we were supposed to overlook and get over (especially after the first 2 games) is back.

What I will never understand is how a franchise who has won nothing EVER besides 2 Pacific Division Banners can treat any game as if it isn’t important.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
James2000
Sophomore

Post#137 » by James2000 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:16 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:And the worst part is, that garbage, sluggish, disinterested look from preseason that we were supposed to overlook and get over (especially after the first 2 games) is back.

What I will never understand is how a franchise who has won nothing EVER besides 2 Pacific Division Banners can treat any game as if it isn’t important.

You got to understand that not everyone is going to be geared towards playing up to their potential. Shoot, look at towards the teams throughout history, every team one time and another doesn't play through the competition. Just allow this team to grow
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,420

Post#138 » by TrueLAfan » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:58 pm

Actually, championship teams manage to lose a game or two pretty big every year. The Lakers got walloped by the Celts last year. I get it that it’s a “historic!” 50 point loss. But what we’re doing here is letting it be a “typical” loss (it isn’t) and thinking it might be symptomatic (it almost certainly isn’t, any more than a 30-40 point loss is). It’s embarrassing. I think our team and coaches are professionals. I think they’re embarrassed. But, in the words of Dave DeBusschere to Bill Bradley after a tough loss, "You can't go through a season like this. There are too many games, Sure, you blew it tonight, but when it's over, it's over. Let it go. Otherwise you won't be ready to play tomorrow night.'' (Bill Bradley called that his “NBA Lesson #1”; Don't make today's loss the enemy of tomorrow's victory.)

It was a terrible game. And it was yesterday.

btw--a side, slightly personal note--I'm getting over Covid, so I wasn't on the game board yesterday. I'm staying up with things as much as I can. But the next time somebody comes onto a thread and posts "Kiss the Rings" multiple times, file a report about baiting--which is what that is--and that will be taken care of.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#139 » by TheNewEra » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:21 pm

With all the upsets around sports and stim package I think the sting won’t last as long or hit the same. By Tuesday we can clean it up
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#140 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:34 pm

James2000 wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:And the worst part is, that garbage, sluggish, disinterested look from preseason that we were supposed to overlook and get over (especially after the first 2 games) is back.

You got to understand that not everyone is going to be geared towards playing up to their potential. Shoot, look at towards the teams throughout history, every team one time and another doesn't play through the competition. Just allow this team to grow

We should be the last team with that issue. After last year this mentality should be gone.

Last year the regular season didn't matter cuz the postseason.
Then the Mavs didn't matter because the real series was the Lakers.
Then the Nuggets didn't matter because the real series was the Lakers.

Fine. Maybe not everyone is going to play up every time. Maybe we should allow this to grow. But I think any Clipper fan would be wise to look at this and get the same feeling that we had about last year.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers