ImageImageImage

RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Clippers (Dec 27 3:30PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Clippers (Dec 27 3:30PM EST) 

Post#21 » by BlueSan » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:42 pm

This was an odd game, hopefully, no one thinks Dallas was so amazing. But I am happy about it very.

Disappointed with what I am seeing from the rookies though are getting the chance. Disappointed with Marjanovič also
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#22 » by ejs78 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:42 pm

Didn't they give him a 4 year deal
dirkforpres wrote:Tyrell Terry will be out of the NBA in 3 years

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,814

Post#23 » by dirkforpres » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:46 pm

ejs78 wrote:Didn't they give him a 4 year deal

There is no way that 3rd or 4th year is guaranteed :lol:
FIRE JASON KIDD
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 845

Post#24 » by Teffer10 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:46 pm

ejs78 wrote:Didn't they give him a 4 year deal

He'll be fine.
Needs a training camp, some physical development and a year in the G-League.
His development timeframe fits our situation with Burke.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#25 » by JD45 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:52 pm

Its funny, I was thinking the opposite. He seemed in control. Got a great steal. Looked good going for rebounds. He missed his shots, but I am still confident his college shooting will carry over.

But I am far from an NBA level talent evaluator. More of a marginal random forum guy.

I liked the way Josh Green moved as well. He gets close to making lots of plays. Just needs to finish.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,923

Post#26 » by Archx » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:55 pm

BlueSan wrote:This was an odd game, hopefully, no one thinks Dallas was so amazing. But I am happy about it very.

Disappointed with what I am seeing from the rookies though are getting the chance. Disappointed with Marjanovič also

They made LAC look like a WNBA team, i was quite impressed. I loved their energy and effort. They sleep walked vs Suns and LAL, so if they can at least play with this same energy against other teams, they'll be fine.

Btw, Jrich is such a perfect fit for this team unlike THJ with his erratic shot selection.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 845

Post#27 » by Teffer10 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:00 pm

JD45 wrote:

Its funny, I was thinking the opposite. He seemed in control. Got a great steal. Looked good going for rebounds. He missed his shots, but I am still confident his college shooting will carry over.

But I am far from an NBA level talent evaluator. More of a marginal random forum guy.

I liked the way Josh Green moved as well. He gets close to making lots of plays. Just needs to finish.

I was pretty impressed with Iwundu's activity. He has some pep in his step and seems to have a nose for the ball and hustles.
Better ball handler than I thought too.
Looks like he could be a good defender if needed.
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#28 » by fuller4379 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:39 am

Clippers suck without Kawhi. I am guessing he will opt out after this season.

At least the Mavs stuck it to the Clippers.
boogiezen
Senior
And1: 410

Post#29 » by boogiezen » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:48 am

I know that Luka is still struggling with his shots but I'm pleased with his improvement on the defensive end and not to mentioned his free throws.
Maybe it's better not to be the best. Then you can lose and it's OK. - Searching for Bobby Fischer (1993)
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#30 » by HMFFL » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:51 pm

fuller4379 wrote:Clippers suck without Kawhi. I am guessing he will opt out after this season.

Maybe he does, but where does he go?
I assume we would offer him the max.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#31 » by arkuo » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:43 pm

HMFFL wrote:
fuller4379 wrote:Clippers suck without Kawhi. I am guessing he will opt out after this season.

Lue has said he plans to employ the triangle offense. Similar to how Phil Jackson ran it with the bulls. And based on experience, thr triangle needs high IQ players for you to learn and adapt quickly. IF you have knuckleheads like Morris and Beverly, it will take you 3 seasons minimum. The only reason Kawhi stays put (and signs a 1+1) will be to side with the richest owner in basketball. I dont know see him going anywhere, but if he's open to leaving, Cuban would be dumb not to offer him the max. No question.
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#32 » by fuller4379 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:42 pm

arkuo wrote:
HMFFL wrote:

Lue has said he plans to employ the triangle offense. Similar to how Phil Jackson ran it with the bulls. And based on experience, thr triangle needs high IQ players for you to learn and adapt quickly. IF you have knuckleheads like Morris and Beverly, it will take you 3 seasons minimum. The only reason Kawhi stays put (and signs a 1+1) will be to side with the richest owner in basketball. I dont know see him going anywhere, but if he's open to leaving, Cuban would be dumb not to offer him the max. No question.

Assuming the Clippers don't make a deep run in the playoffs, Kawhi will be an interesting situation in the offseason. He wants to be in LA, but does he want to continue to be second fiddle to whatever the Lakers are going to do? He already has two championships. Does he want to play for rings or play in LA?

Dallas would be a longshot. I am not sure if he wants to return to Texas. Cuban can sell to him that he gets to torment the Spurs and play for rings every year with Luka and KP (assumes we can keep KP healthy). Kawhi doesn't crave the spot lot but would he want to be overshadowed by Luka here? Obviously, Mark Cuban would back the truck if Kawhi wanted to sign in Dallas. With the CBA and Kawhi being a top 5 player in the league, there would be no need to negotiate. Kawhi would set his own terms in Dallas.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#33 » by arkuo » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:46 pm

fuller4379 wrote:
arkuo wrote:
HMFFL wrote:Maybe he does, but where does he go?

Assuming the Clippers don't make a deep run in the playoffs, Kawhi will be an interesting situation in the offseason. He wants to be in LA, but does he want to continue to be second fiddle to whatever the Lakers are going to do? He already has two championships. Does he want to play for rings or play in LA?

Dallas would be a longshot. I am not sure if he wants to return to Texas. Cuban can sell to him that he gets to torment the Spurs and play for rings every year with Luka and KP (assumes we can keep KP healthy). Kawhi doesn't crave the spot lot but would he want to be overshadowed by Luka here? Obviously, Mark Cuban would back the truck if Kawhi wanted to sign in Dallas. With the CBA and Kawhi being a top 5 player in the league, there would be no need to negotiate. Kawhi would set his own terms in Dallas.

Yeah. Tormenting the Spurs would be the only incentive to come here. Cuban better hand him a blank check if that happens. But I agree, a longshot.

Return to Dallas Mavericks