20-21 OKC Thunder Regular Season News

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

bbms
Analyst
And1: 533

Re: OKC Thunder Regular Season Thread 2020-21 

Post#81 » by bbms » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:29 am

Another extremely efficient game by Horford.

I like this guy since forever, and I hope we don't move him. Perfect modern NBA big man, a championship-calibre one.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,211

Post#82 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:29 am

bbms wrote:Another extremely efficient game by Horford.

I like this guy since forever, and I hope we don't move him. Perfect modern NBA big man, a championship-calibre one.

I don’t think he’s going any where. There aren’t a lot of contenders that need a big man that makes as much as he does. Boston and maybe Dallas?
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,134

Post#83 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:50 am

ThunderBolt wrote:

I don’t think he’s going any where. There aren’t a lot of contenders that need a big man that makes as much as he does. Boston and maybe Dallas?

Boston makes sense but I'm not sure the Horford/Boston relationship ended up very well (he walked to sign with a ''rival'')

Don't think Dallas is going to gamble with such a big contract. Maybe if Porzingis gets injured.

He would be a nice fit in Toronto since they lost Gasol/Ibaka but salary wise it doesn't work.

I hope he has a nice season and a team that miss on a 2021 FA takes him.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#84 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:29 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

Boston makes sense but I'm not sure the Horford/Boston relationship ended up very well (he walked to sign with a ''rival'')

Don't think Dallas is going to gamble with such a big contract. Maybe if Porzingis gets injured.

He would be a nice fit in Toronto since they lost Gasol/Ibaka but salary wise it doesn't work.

I hope he has a nice season and a team that miss on a 2021 FA takes him.

I don't think there was any hard feelings from Boston's standpoint. They just didn't want to pay him. I'm ok keeping him this year. We don't have to make Shai's development as hard as humanely possible by removing any and all capable players. Horford isn't going to win us that many games to jeopardize the tank.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#85 » by Old Man Game » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:09 am

Releasing Frank Jackson? Pretty surprising.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,134

Post#86 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:15 am

Old Man Game wrote:Releasing Frank Jackson? Pretty surprising.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Don't like it. He was doing ok...

Guess Presti wants to keep Roby as tank commander
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#87 » by Old Man Game » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:23 am

Dadouv47 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

They're saying in the write up that it may have been financially motivated since he was only guaranteed 250,000.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#88 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:49 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

They're saying in the write up that it may have been financially motivated since he was only guaranteed 250,000.

I would have kept him but it makes sense at this point to focus on money rather than developing a guy to be a decent microwave scorer off the bench. I’m sure he’ll find a place. I think he could be a good sneaky pick up for someone.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#89 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:33 pm

Read on Twitter
:upset:
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#90 » by Old Man Game » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:40 pm

Merry Christmas all. Whoever you all are behind those screen names and avatars I hope you had a good one in real life.

Sent from my moto g power using RealGM mobile app
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#91 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:33 pm

Guess the rumors of Krejci coming to okc are true and he expected to be picked by us.

Read on Twitter

Just a few highlights from the article.
https://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/ostatni-basketbal-nba/387325/krejci-rekl-jak-prozival-draft-na-dalku-kde-ma-slabiny-a-co-resil-s-gm.html

Spoiler:
When Washington chose you then, did you take it as a done deal?
"It wasn't certain, but I was almost convinced that even if Washington chose me, there would be a trip to Oklahoma. I knew it before the pick. Oklahoma was the team I was in most contact with, and I suspected that if anyone chose me, it was them. Then a lot of things happened in the draft and a lot changed, but I still believed that it would turn out that way. "

What do you see as your strength that you have addressed with NBA teams?
"Apparently they saw in me some talent for the future. I've talked to GM Oklahoma Sam Presti and they're watching what's going on all around, so when a scout comes to Zaragoza, he looks at what you're doing on the bench, what you look like at that basketball, and not just what statistics you have. Something must have intrigued me and I'm glad they believed me. I am ready to help them. "

What are your plans for the NBA trip? Is this also inspired by Tomáš Satoranský, who remained in Europe for a few years after the draft? Or do you want to join the NBA as soon as possible?
"It simply came to our notice then. The first is mainly to heal my injured knee and the next is at the club. However, they made it clear that they wanted to take care of the rehabilitation, so we'll see. "
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Post#92 » by retrobro90 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:46 pm

Read on Twitter

How sick has Bazley been since the bubble? He could've easily put up 20+ last night if a couple of those near misses from 3 went in. Really impressed how far he's come with his feel. Could always handle and had that foundational IQ but used to constantly kill his dribble or get called for charges. Now he's so good reading and reacting.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#93 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:50 pm

retrobro90 wrote:
Read on Twitter

How sick has Bazley been since the bubble? He could've easily put up 20+ last night if a couple of those near misses from 3 went in. Really impressed how far he's come with his feel. Could always handle and had that foundational IQ but used to constantly kill his dribble or get called for charges. Now he's so good reading and reacting.

It’s crazy when you think about it. When the season was suspended, he was injured. Then there was very limited options to practice. Afterwards we had a ridiculously short off season to work with.

In one of sam’s offseason/preseason interviews he said the two of them had lunch in the bubble. He was just completely blown away with his intelligence. I think bazley is a guy that is going to get better year after year for a while.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#94 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:51 pm

Guess we like Jerome.
Read on Twitter
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#95 » by Old Man Game » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:01 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Guess we like Jerome.
Read on Twitter
Is this one of those weird deals where they have to retain his rights to use him as a trade piece throw in later?

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#96 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:05 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Guess we like Jerome.
Read on Twitter
Is this one of those weird deals where they have to retain his rights to use him as a trade piece throw in later?

Not sure. We have Roby guaranteed making a similar amount so I’m guessing they probably legitimately like Jerome.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#97 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:41 pm

Something I was thinking about last night is how the abundance of picks impacts that timeline for development for our players. Although I expect us to consolidate picks as much as possible, it's still likely we aren't going to have lots of rookie contracts on the roster in a couple of years. Does a player like Pokusevksi or Maledon get less time to prove themselves before they are replaced on the roster as opposed to someone like Ferguson, whom we seemed reluctant to move on from despite his struggles?
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#98 » by Old Man Game » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:23 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Something I was thinking about last night is how the abundance of picks impacts that timeline for development for our players. Although I expect us to consolidate picks as much as possible, it's still likely we aren't going to have lots of rookie contracts on the roster in a couple of years. Does a player like Pokusevksi or Maledon get less time to prove themselves before they are replaced on the roster as opposed to someone like Ferguson, whom we seemed reluctant to move on from despite his struggles?
That's what Boston did basically. Remember R. J. HUNTER? they only gave him a season before they just released him. As a first round pick.

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#99 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:37 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Something I was thinking about last night is how the abundance of picks impacts that timeline for development for our players. Although I expect us to consolidate picks as much as possible, it's still likely we aren't going to have lots of rookie contracts on the roster in a couple of years. Does a player like Pokusevksi or Maledon get less time to prove themselves before they are replaced on the roster as opposed to someone like Ferguson, whom we seemed reluctant to move on from despite his struggles?
That's what Boston did basically. Remember R. J. HUNTER? they only gave him a season before they just released him. As a first round pick.

Yep. I don’t think Poku and Theo are necessarily on the clock yet but timelines will start to get shortened every year moving forward unless we make a move that results in a massive consolidation of assets.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#100 » by spearsy23 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:26 pm

I don't think the draft picks factor in too much. Like was said, we wont use them all, and even if we wanted to we've got plenty of roster spots for the next 4 years worth of picks. It's the guys we didn't draft that will need to accelerate their timeline.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder