GT: Grizzlies vs Nets - Mon, 12/28/20 | 7:30pm | YES & NBATV

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Re: GT: Grizzlies vs Nets - Mon, 12/28/20 | 7:30pm | YES & NBATV 

Post#281 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:22 am

Remember its a shortened season... 72 games only and god know what the future lies in terms of postponement or cancellations if any.... gotta win these games vs “sub par” teams despite b2b scenarios...

And please, no resting the BFFs at the same time... **** stupid.

Did GS ever rest Klay, Curry and Draymond at the same time?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,067

Post#282 » by therealbig3 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:22 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Terrible terrible loss. The Grizzlies without Morant are not as good as is.

I put this one on Nash. Our offense was sloppy and terrible. They had constant clean plays, screens and wide open looks.

If we could have just played competently we win.

Levert was making wild 3s to even keep us in the game.
That narrative spin :rofl:

LOL he had 28 points, 11assists and 5 steals and you guys still want to blame him for everything.

Pathetic.

He had a critical 3 near the end of regulation and in overtime.

Bro he was taking awful shots left and right in the 4th and OT. He made two 3s. Great. When you shoot that much, something’s going to go in, unless you’re Shamet.

28 points on 29 shots isn’t anything to brag about.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#283 » by Papi_swav » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:22 am

Paradise wrote:I’d like to be mad about the loss but I don’t think Sarah is wearing a bra right now.

pics ?
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,837

Post#284 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:23 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Depth is fine. Without Kyrie, KD and Dinwiddie our depth isn't good.

Still we should have won this game.

Bad play calls and possessions time and time again.

Spencer was a near all star level talent to me. Losing him was a back breaker.

If the Nets trade for Harden i won't be against it now.

Spencer was great but didn't really fit on this team.

Him, Kyrie, and Levert basically all play the same way.

Starting him at the 2 wasn't going to work because hes still a terrible 3 point shooter.

The biggest loss was that we needed him for the games Kyrie was missing. But idk how much we will keep limiting KD/Kyrie on back to backs.

We will need to stagger KD and Kyrie on back to backs. This team looks like last year's bubble team without either one of them on the floor
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#285 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:25 am

therealbig3 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:That narrative spin :rofl:

LOL he had 28 points, 11assists and 5 steals and you guys still want to blame him for everything.

Pathetic.

Bro he was taking awful shots left and right in the 4th and OT. He made two 3s. Great. When you shoot that much, something’s going to go in, unless you’re Shamet.

Nobody else was making anything. What did you expect him to do?

Let Chiozza keep taking contested jumpers or have Jordan not even be able to catch a simple pass?

As if high pressure 3s that put is in the lead at the end of the game mean nothing. :lol:

You're right Levert should have just kept passing to Jeff Green in the corner and praying something would happen.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Post#286 » by DarkXaero » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:25 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Terrible terrible loss. The Grizzlies without Morant are not as good as is.

I put this one on Nash. Our offense was sloppy and terrible. They had constant clean plays, screens and wide open looks.

If we could have just played competently we win.

Levert was making wild 3s to even keep us in the game.
That narrative spin :rofl:

Pathetic.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#287 » by Papi_swav » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:26 am

Yea Nash need to do better on the X and Os, idk what the heck we was running out there, so much sloppy play and the ball was going all over the place. TJ and Brown should of definitely got minutes in a game like this. When is Kurucs going to play? We need to get rid of Prince as well. Would SA accept Prince for Rudy Gay? I'm so annoyed with dude already.

Not going to blame everything on Lever because he was overused tonight but he has to be better and smarter. No reason to keep taking so much step back 3s, just do what u do best and get to the mid range or the foul line.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#288 » by therealbig3 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:27 am

CalamityX12 wrote:Remember its a shortened season... 72 games only and god know what the future lies in terms of postponement or cancellations if any.... gotta win these games vs “sub par” teams despite b2b scenarios...

They’re both injury-prone and are vital to our long term success this season. Sitting them in game 4 is perfectly fine.

What if it was Kyrie that twisted his ankle contesting a shot and had to miss extended time? What would you say then?

Fighting for meaningless RS games early in the season and risking injury to your best players that have a track record of major injuries on the second night of a b2b is the definition of missing the forest for the trees.

All of the contenders do some type of load management for their best players, and I don’t think this is the “rule” for the season. It’s a fluid situation that will change throughout the season.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#289 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:28 am

DarkXaero wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:That narrative spin :rofl:

Pathetic.

LOL as if constantly posting laughing emojis like an 11 year old girl proves anything.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Post#290 » by DarkXaero » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:28 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Pathetic.

LOL as if constantly posting laughing emojis like an 11 year old girl proves anything.
That's sexist.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#291 » by MGrand15 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:32 am

Hard pass on staggering Kd + Kyrie. You guys are looking too short term. We're not gonna be staggering them in the playoffs. They need to play together and build chemistry. We could lose every single B2B and it won't matter come playoff time.

We'll get better in these situations. LeVert couldn't buy a bucket today and we still should've won. We still have some options on the bench if we need to shake things up.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#292 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:36 am

therealbig3 wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Remember its a shortened season... 72 games only and god know what the future lies in terms of postponement or cancellations if any.... gotta win these games vs “sub par” teams despite b2b scenarios...

They’re both injury-prone and are vital to our long term success this season. Sitting them in game 4 is perfectly fine.

What if it was Kyrie that twisted his ankle contesting a shot and had to miss extended time? What would you say then?

Fighting for meaningless RS games early in the season and risking injury to your best players that have a track record of major injuries on the second night of a b2b is the definition of missing the forest for the trees.

All of the contenders do some type of load management for their best players, and I don’t think this is the “rule” for the season. It’s a fluid situation that will change throughout the season.

Kyrie could twist his ankle in his first gm after resting for 3 games... that’s unpredictable nature.

What I’m saying, going into these B2Bs rest one on one game and then flip it the other game. I don’t think that’s terrible to ask? I understand the load management and am for it(more so now since we lost our true back up PG) but i don’t agree resting both at the same time. The back to backs aren’t a surpise, you as coaches know this in advance, plan for it.

Especially if the competition isn’t playoff contender(at 2-2, record wise we at their level now). Next week we have PHI and MEM b2b,....
The ModFather

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#293 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:40 am

Good things to come from this game:
- Chiozza played well when asked upon.
- TLC won a starting job next to Durant and Kyrie IMO. Can’t see any other choice unless its TJ or Brown(whom we haven’t seen much).
- Allen was good when he had the chance, still has his blunders but fought all game long, never took off.
- Prince had 2 minutes of ok he looks like a NBA player... then bounced.
- Levert had a good game stat wise but his cons were right up there IMO so almost a wash unfortunately

That’s it I think?
The ModFather

therealbig3
RealGM

Post#294 » by therealbig3 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:41 am

DarkXaero wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DarkXaero wrote: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's sexist.

And age-ist.

11 year olds aren’t the only ones that can like a good laughing emoji.
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#295 » by Sharcm1 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:42 am

Well another game. I still think shamet was a waste. DK is super frustrating. They need to block out better on rebounds. I thought Nash made another coaching mistake at the end not putting in a rebounder. He kind of gave it up.
Last season the nets ran plays and got people open with ball movement. Idk what happened to that. Seems like the offense is just give the ball to Irving and Durant. Which is fine expect for when they aren’t there.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#296 » by therealbig3 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:46 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Pathetic.

Let Chiozza keep taking contested jumpers or have Jordan not even be able to catch a simple pass?

As if high pressure 3s that put is in the lead at the end of the game mean nothing. :lol:

You're right Levert should have just kept passing to Jeff Green in the corner and praying something would happen.

Couldn’t hurt. Not like they could be worse than Levert.

Is there something with you that you just can’t acknowledge whenever Levert doesn’t play well? And not only that but then insist that he actually played really well despite the poor decision-making we all saw first hand? And then give us a stat line as if that means anything? And not only that but then give us an incomplete stat line that completely leaves out his shooting efficiency? :lol:

This 11 year old girl finds your Levert homerism strange.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#297 » by therealbig3 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:52 am

Also, the irony.

You:

Hello Brooklyn wrote:As if high pressure 3s that put is in the lead at the end of the game mean nothing. :lol:

Also you:

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#298 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:54 am

therealbig3 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:

Couldn’t hurt. Not like they could be worse than Levert.

Is there something with you that you just can’t acknowledge whenever Levert doesn’t play well? And not only that but then insist that he actually played really well despite the poor decision-making we all saw first hand? And then give us a stat line as if that means anything? And not only that but then give us an incomplete stat line that completely leaves out his shooting efficiency? :lol:

This 11 year old girl finds your Levert homerism strange.

Yeah so terrible! Don't blame the other guys who couldn't make a shot. Its all Levert's fault.

Read on Twitter

I didn't say he had an amazing game. Of course he made some bad decisions, particularly on the last shot of regulation. But hes not in the Top 3 to blame for this loss.

If Levert plays bad I will say so. I don't think he did here.

I think its past the 11 year old girls bed times though. So I think you two should leave this discussion to the adults.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#299 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:55 am

therealbig3 wrote:Also, the irony.

You:

Hello Brooklyn wrote:As if high pressure 3s that put is in the lead at the end of the game mean nothing. :lol:

Also you:

Hello Brooklyn wrote:

I posted one not 4 in a row in two different responses without using any words lol. Thats why I used the word constant.

Try to keep up.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#300 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:58 am

Sharcm1 wrote:Well another game. I still think shamet was a waste. DK is super frustrating. They need to block out better on rebounds. I thought Nash made another coaching mistake at the end not putting in a rebounder. He kind of gave it up.
Last season the nets ran plays and got people open with ball movement. Idk what happened to that. Seems like the offense is just give the ball to Irving and Durant. Which is fine expect for when they aren’t there.

I was initially against the Shamet move but bought into it after a little bit.

So far hes been awful.

As long as he can go back to his normal shooting numbers he will be a huge asset. But I hope it happens soon.

Return to Brooklyn Nets