ImageImageImageImageImage

Harden-watch 2020

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Re: Harden-watch 2020 

Post#581 » by DarkXaero » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:27 pm

therealbig3 wrote:Maybe Joe Harris needs to be part of the deal now? God that would suck.
I would be alright with that. Obviously, it's not ideal, but we're talking about James Harden here. I'm not gonna let Joe Harris stop me from getting Harden.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,067

Post#582 » by therealbig3 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:28 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:Maybe Joe Harris needs to be part of the deal now? God that would suck.
I would be alright with that. Obviously, it's not ideal, but we're talking about James Harden here. I'm not gonna let Joe Harris stop me from getting Harden.

Obvi. I love Joe Harris though.
FlipFlopShot
Pro Prospect
And1: 330

Post#583 » by FlipFlopShot » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:55 pm

Joe Harris can't be traded, right?

If we need to include more than 1 first round pick, I'm out. I'm willing to trade anyone and everyone (other than KD and Kyrie of course) if it means we don't lose any picks.
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#584 » by DarkXaero » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:18 pm

FlipFlopShot wrote:Joe Harris can't be traded, right?

If we need to include more than 1 first round pick, I'm out. I'm willing to trade anyone and everyone (other than KD and Kyrie of course) if it means we don't lose any picks.
Of course we need to include more than 1 1st round pick. It's like some of y'all don't realize who the player in question is, and what it takes to get a superstar in this league.
FlipFlopShot
Pro Prospect

Post#585 » by FlipFlopShot » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:48 pm

DarkXaero wrote:

Of course we need to include more than 1 1st round pick. It's like some of y'all don't realize who the player in question is, and what it takes to get a superstar in this league.

O, nope. I'm not saying that we don't need a 3rd star nor is this a diss on Harden, but I'm not playing this game again.

If Houston want picks, they can trade for Tyler Hero and 3 picks or Ben Simmons and 3 picks. Houston can finesse our guys for picks if they want, we're just offering something different. They can have a pick if they make this quick.
FlipFlopShot
Pro Prospect

Post#586 » by FlipFlopShot » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:58 am

FlipFlopShot wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:

O, nope. I'm not saying that we don't need a 3rd star nor is this a diss on Harden, but I'm not playing this game again.

If Houston want picks, they can trade for Tyler Hero and 3 picks or Ben Simmons and 3 picks. Houston can finesse our guys for picks if they want, we're just offering something different. They can have a pick if they make this quick.

Nevermind, we got nothing to offer. I'm letting this trade go.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,826

Post#587 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:16 am

I support a trade now. Not very confident right now after Spencer getting hurt. He was this team's rock, the guy who we could always rely on.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#588 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:19 am

Truth about Spencer being a rock for us...
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#589 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:37 am

The Harden trade will never happen now. Even with Dinwiddie it wasn't happening.

Boston/Philly even Portland have way better offers.

Time to move on.
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#590 » by DarkXaero » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:52 am

Harden going off again...
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#591 » by Shark » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:59 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:The Harden trade will never happen now. Even with Dinwiddie it wasn't happening.

Time to move on.

Yeah. Not worth it for us if what we'd have to give up is Kyrie or KD as the rumors stated.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#592 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:25 pm

Shark wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:The Harden trade will never happen now. Even with Dinwiddie it wasn't happening.

Time to move on.

Yeah. Not worth it for us if what we'd have to give up is Kyrie or KD as the rumors stated.

I think that's garbage. No one is remotely giving up fair value for Harden.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#593 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:25 pm

Time to move on.

I think we still need a trade to replace what we lost in Spencer

This is frustrating. Nothing ever goes right

fox2jk
Junior
And1: 145

Post#594 » by fox2jk » Sat Jan 2, 2021 8:43 pm

Shift your focus from Harden to Beal. Cheaper and a better fit.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#595 » by gigantes » Sun Jan 3, 2021 3:02 am

MrDollarBills wrote:I think we still need a trade to replace what we lost in Spencer

Spencer seemed to be doing yeoman's work filling in the blanks on the first unit, but IMO we weren't remotely getting full value from him. I still think his value was moreso insurance upon one of our primaries possibly (or inevitably?) going down.

So now what?

Houston wasn't interested in a package of a Caris, Spencer & ACapela (anyone get that?) plus picks, and now they have more suitors, even as the sand slowly dribbles out of the clock. I think a Harden trade is totally washed away at this point.

Not to mention that it never made much sense for us in the first place, assuming we kept K&K, and tried to awkwardly fit him in around that.

At this point, I'd like to see what Jeff Green's (Dudley-esque?) rant does for the team. I mean we still have some ball-handlers outside of K&K and Caris, and maybe things could work better if we improved our passing mindset?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#596 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jan 3, 2021 3:10 am

gigantes wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I think we still need a trade to replace what we lost in Spencer

Spencer seemed to be doing yeoman's work filling in the blanks on the first unit, but IMO we weren't remotely getting full value from him. I still think his value was moreso insurance upon one of our primaries possibly (or inevitably?) going down.

So now what?

Houston wasn't interested in a package of a Caris, Spencer & ACapela (anyone get that?) plus picks, and now they have more suitors, even as the sand slowly dribbles out of the clock. I think a Harden trade is totally washed away at this point.

Not to mention that it never made much sense for us in the first place, assuming we kept K&K, and tried to awkwardly fit him in around that.

At this point, I'd like to see what Jeff Green's (Dudley-esque?) rant does for the team. I mean we still have some ball-handlers outside of K&K and Caris, and maybe things could work better if we improved our passing mindset?

Aside from the bricked threes, I think we are seeing too much isolation and not enough offense generated from movement.

Also, the defense needs to be much better. Guys are getting lost. Nash and Co need to clean this up, I'm not amused by what I saw last night.

And yeah I dunno we have next to nothing of value to trade.

Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect
And1: 840

Post#597 » by Brooklyn91 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:38 am

Should we be putting Kyrie on the block? Yay or nay? It’s a bit early but Kyrie has an extensive history of these shenanigans. If he keeps it up I’d be willing to see who bites. Kyrie gonna have to play eventually once pay starts getting docked. Let him get his 28/4/7 on 48/41/100 shooting, build his trade value and move him by mid February
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#598 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:44 am

Brooklyn91 wrote:Should we be putting Kyrie on the block? Yay or nay? It’s a bit early but Kyrie has an extensive history of these shenanigans. If he keeps it up I’d be willing to see who bites. Kyrie gonna have to play eventually once pay starts getting docked. Let him get his 28/4/7 on 48/41/100 shooting, build his trade value and move him by mid February

why in the world would kyrie be on the block? he has been elite so far this year, on both ends, and has been a great teammate and great in the community.
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect
And1: 840

Post#599 » by Brooklyn91 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:47 am

Prokorov wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:Should we be putting Kyrie on the block? Yay or nay? It’s a bit early but Kyrie has an extensive history of these shenanigans. If he keeps it up I’d be willing to see who bites. Kyrie gonna have to play eventually once pay starts getting docked. Let him get his 28/4/7 on 48/41/100 shooting, build his trade value and move him by mid February

why in the world would kyrie be on the block? he has been elite so far this year, on both ends, and has been a great teammate and great in the community.

You can’t just randomly be taking breaks, diddy bopping at parties and on zoom calls in the middle of a season. I’ve always defended Kyrie and he is one of my favorite players, but his shenanigans, in a year where we are expected to compete for a total, is not healthy for us. If he keeps up the problems I would not be against him being on the trade block at all, then he can randomly take off games whenever he feels like.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#600 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:53 am

Brooklyn91 wrote:You can’t just randomly be taking breaks

It's not random. we just had terrorist attack on our nations capital. Kenosha police were just let off the hook in another failure of the justice system and affirmation of systemic racism. There has maybe NEVER been a series of events as bad as this in Kyrie's lifetime. I think, it is beyond reasonable for him to take absences due to personal reasons.

diddy bopping at parties

Party. Singular. For his sister. being with family in a time like this is what everyone needs. especially black men and women.

and on zoom calls in the middle of a season.

Zoom calls. really? we are worried about zoom calls? Like why in the world would that even remotely be a problem? like what is he supposed to be doing? laying alone in the dark under his bed?

I’ve always defended Kyrie and he is one of my favorite players, but his shenanigans, in a year where we are expected to compete for a total, is not healthy for us. If he keeps up the problems I would not be against him being on the trade block at all, then he can randomly take off games whenever he feels like.

Nothing random about it. Kyrie has done 1 and exactly 1 thing that justifies criticism. not wearing a mask.

a zoom call? i cant possibly shake my head enough at this. people are worried about a zoom call? jesus effing christ

Return to Brooklyn Nets