All of the above
20%

Total votes: 5

spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Re: 12/28/20 | G3: Utah Jazz vs Oklahoma City Thunder - 7PM CST 

Post#41 » by spearsy23 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:14 am

Poku is still 3 years at from being where bruno cabocolo was when he was drafted.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
bbms
Analyst
And1: 531

Post#42 » by bbms » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:33 am

spearsy23 wrote:Poku is still 3 years at from being where bruno cabocolo was when he was drafted.

C'mon. The guy moved to the U.S. less than two months ago. No training camp, no summer league, and plenty of work to do. He was just plugged in to play on a very tight schedule. Pokusevski is light years ahead of Caboclo as a prospect, in terms of upside.

That's the reason I didn't even want to see the guy breaking in and having rotation minutes... People get reactionary.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#43 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:39 am

bbms wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:Poku is still 3 years at from being where bruno cabocolo was when he was drafted.

C'mon. The guy moved to the U.S. less than two months ago. No training camp, no summer league, and plenty of work to do. He was just plugged in to play on a very tight schedule. Pokusevski is light years ahead of Caboclo as a prospect, in terms of upside.

That's the reason I didn't even want to see the guy breaking in and having rotation minutes... People get reactionary.

While I agree that most of us are too reactionary, not giving him rotation minutes to avoid those reactions doesn’t seem like a good development plan. Sam talked a lot about learning through failure. The organization isn’t afraid to let their young guys struggle. I think poku seemed a little overconfident from the footage/interviews I watched. Letting him get humbled to see how much he needs to improve should be a motivating thing for a competitor.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#44 » by spearsy23 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:55 am

You can call it reactionary, but he's bad at basketball. I hope he'll one day be good at basketball, but I really hate when guys are drafted with no discernable nba skillset. How often do those guys pan out?
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#45 » by Old Man Game » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:00 pm

bbms wrote:

You could say all the same things about Theo though. Face it aleksey just doesn't know how to play the game right now. Hopefully he it figures it out and I'm not going to write him off yet but this guy has a long ways to go.

Sent from my moto g power using RealGM mobile app
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:07 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
bbms wrote:

You could say all the same things about Theo though. Face it aleksey just doesn't know how to play the game right now. Hopefully he it figures it out and I'm not going to write him off yet but this guy has a long ways to go.

I remember bazley looking decent in either summer league or preseason. Then he looked completely lost to start the season. If both guys struggle most of the year but have a couple of good performances, that’s about all I can ask considering their draft positions. I don’t think Theo will win rookie of the year but he still looks better than Killian Hayes who some people had as a top 5 prospect.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#47 » by Old Man Game » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:51 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:
bbms wrote:

I remember bazley looking decent in either summer league or preseason. Then he looked completely lost to start the season. If both guys struggle most of the year but have a couple of good performances, that’s about all I can ask considering their draft positions. I don’t think Theo will win rookie of the year but he still looks better than Killian Hayes who some people had as a top 5 prospect.
With Theo The Tell-Tale signs of an NBA player are there. Being able to have some semblance of a feel for the game. Being able to use the dribble to actually Advance toward the rim and set other players up or set himself up. I don't see any of that so far with Pokusevski. That's what's a little bit alarming to me. It feels like he literally doesn't understand the game or how to use his physical tools at all.

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:56 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:You could say all the same things about Theo though. Face it aleksey just doesn't know how to play the game right now. Hopefully he it figures it out and I'm not going to write him off yet but this guy has a long ways to go.

With Theo The Tell-Tale signs of an NBA player are there. Being able to have some semblance of a feel for the game. Being able to use the dribble to actually Advance toward the rim and set other players up or set himself up. I don't see any of that so far with Pokusevski. That's what's a little bit alarming to me. It feels like he literally doesn't understand the game or how to use his physical tools at all.

He’s shown some decent passing but for the most part he’s doesn’t show those things. That’s why I don’t think Poku becomes a superstar. We say he’s a boom or bust prospect but there is actually some middle ground. He could improve just to be a decent bench piece.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#49 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:53 pm

I think it has to be encouraging that Theo as a R2 pick is outplaying Killian who was 7th overall. He looks really promising, even if he maxes out as a rich mans Delon Wright.

As for Poku, he will take time. He is totally lost right now but will require patience. I think he showed alot in preseason and the increased physicality of the regular season is just too much for him physically.

IMO they need to try Bazely at SF a bit more. I think he has much more upside there than as a small ball stretch PF. If he can develop his handle and play SF he could be special.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#50 » by spearsy23 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:00 pm

I think the opposite, bazely's upside is at the 4 as a stretch guy with some off the bounce ability
bbms
Analyst
And1: 531

Post#51 » by bbms » Sun Jan 3, 2021 7:15 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
bbms wrote:

Theo fell way below what his draft stock should be and already was playing Euroleague basketball. His learning curve is different from Pokusevski, and his development program looks like is going to be different too. I am sure Pokusevski used to play point-center overseas. Bizarre comparisons all around.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder