Game 3 : Philadelphia 76ers (2-0) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (2-0) - 7:30 PM 

Post#1 » by ducler » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:16 pm

Read on Twitter
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Re: Game 3 : Philadelphia 76ers (2-0) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (2-0) - 7:30 PM 

Post#2 » by Harper4Ferry? » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:22 am

zomg I can't wait til we can get back in the arena.
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#3 » by KuruptedCav » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:59 am

Gotta say, at least it’s entertaining again...

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,090

Post#4 » by jbk1234 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:04 am

There's no reason to double team T. Harris.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by jbk1234 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:08 am

I do feel like we're going to steal some back to back games this year due to our youth.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by jbk1234 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:42 am

It also doesn't hurt that the playoffs ended a couple months ago and we had more than six months off.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
afarmenian
Analyst
And1: 3,504

Post#7 » by afarmenian » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:24 am

When Drummond stays within what he is good at he can be a heck of player. I just hope it's getting through to him that he has no business trying t o score off postups outside the paint. He has no touch outside of 5 feet but his passing is better than expected.

Love just seems like addition by subtraction at this point. Maybe he carves out a bench role. Nance just seems like the better player and meshes well with the starters.

Not too much to complain about this game though. The Sixers arent going anywhere with or without Embid but a 20 point win is impressive against any team especially on back to back.

Cedi playing like this is the kind of player that every contending team can use. If they arent in it at the trade deadline that might be a tough decision especially with Okra Porter Jr and Wilder waiting in the wings.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:06 am

afarmenian wrote:When Drummond stays within what he is good at he can be a heck of player. I just hope it's getting through to him that he has no business trying t o score off postups outside the paint. He has no touch outside of 5 feet but his passing is better than expected.

Love just seems like addition by subtraction at this point. Maybe he carves out a bench role. Nance just seems like the better player and meshes well with the starters.

Not too much to complain about this game though. The Sixers arent going anywhere with or without Embid but a 20 point win is impressive against any team especially on back to back.

Cedi playing like this is the kind of player that every contending team can use. If they arent in it at the trade deadline that might be a tough decision especially with Okra Porter Jr and Wilder waiting in the wings.
Cedi is on a declining contract that ends as a number lower than the current MLE. I'm not sure what the Cavs could get for him that wouldn't result in us losing that trade.

In terms of Love, we're beating bad teams right now, and the Sixers without Embiid, on the second night of a back to back, are just that.

When we play Giannis, Siakam, Gordon, AD, etc. and those guys aren't staying out on the perimeter, it's going to be a lot harder to score. Nance is one of my favorite players, but teams will live with him getting open looks.

When teams start getting second or third shots because we're struggling to get defensive rebounds, it's going to be hard to get stops.

There were two players on the roster who were net positive according to RPM last season. Love was one of them. Now based on a three game sample size, fans are taking about addition by subtraction. This is after he had the best plus/minus on the team against the Pistons.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#9 » by Stillwater » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:44 pm

That tobias trade is looking like their biggest mistake , there is no way they get harden without sending Embid. Simmons and the rest of that roster look lethargic
Despite the nice start i am just happy for some sports but dont see the league getting past the first half without a bubble.
Seeing the browns collapse for protocol issues from depleted line ups renforces the concern of hiw fragile all sports leagues are right now not too mention how unhealthy a lot of players seem
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,374

Post#10 » by JonFromVA » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:56 pm

jbk1234 wrote:I do feel like we're going to steal some back to back games this year due to our youth.

There will be a lot of those, this season. Our depth is looking pretty good too.

Hard to believe how terrible we'd look on back to backs back in the LeBron-era ... we relied so much on his unique abilities to create, energy on D, and our shooting that if taken down a notch we suffered.

I think we'll hit some limitations, but we've got a much simpler formula for success with Drummond and McGee providing rim protection, dominating the boards, and we've generated a ton of steals. Our 3pt shooting is tops right now while our attempts are very low.

The Cavs have been fun to watch - which is something I haven't been able to say for a long while.
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#11 » by LivingLegend » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:37 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
afarmenian wrote:When Drummond stays within what he is good at he can be a heck of player. I just hope it's getting through to him that he has no business trying t o score off postups outside the paint. He has no touch outside of 5 feet but his passing is better than expected.

Cedi is on a declining contract that ends as a number lower than the current MLE. I'm not sure what the Cavs could get for him that wouldn't result in us losing that trade.

In terms of Love, we're beating bad teams right now, and the Sixers without Embiid, on the second night of a back to back, are just that.

When we play Giannis, Siakam, Gordon, AD, etc. and those guys aren't staying out on the perimeter, it's going to be a lot harder to score. Nance is one of my favorite players, but teams will live with him getting open looks.

When teams start getting second or third shots because we're struggling to get defensive rebounds, it's going to be hard to get stops.

There were two players on the roster who were net positive according to RPM last season. Love was one of them. Now based on a three game sample size, fans are taking about addition by subtraction. This is after he had the best plus/minus on the team against the Pistons.

Who is getting defensive rebounds over Drummond/Love/McGee/Nance all of who would average 10+ rebounds per game given starters mins. If anything thats the Cavs strength that other teams should be worried about not getting those second and third chance looks against us

I dont think he is addition by subtraction--but if all he is going to do is stand on the 3pt line and take 7-10 threes per game, hes going to need to start making them. I understand hes half injured and all of that but he needs to get his butt out there and play.
afarmenian
Analyst
And1: 3,504

Post#12 » by afarmenian » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:55 pm

jbk1234 wrote:

What is exactly impressive about having the best analytical statistics for 50 games on a terrible team? He is still oft injured, no defense, declining every month and an has an albatross of a contract. I don't even understand what you are trying to argue? Is it that Love is being paid like a superstar to be average at best for half a year and have no trade value.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:39 am

afarmenian wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

What is exactly impressive about having the best analytical statistics for 50 games on a terrible team? He is still oft injured, no defense, declining every month and an has an albatross of a contract. I don't even understand what you are trying to argue? Is it that Love is being paid like a superstar to be average at best for half a year and have no trade value.
Let me put it this way, everyone knows what Love's strengths and weaknesses are. The decision to play to a player's strength or weakness is a choice. Obviously, asking Love to be a good defender who just happens to space the floor on a limited number of shots/touches isn't playing to his strengths.

We're playing bad teams right now, but we're going to start playing good teams soon. If we play .500 ball against good teams, without Love, I'll revisit my position. But, watching the Pistons put a halfway decent defensive lineup on the floor, and get back into the game with Love on the bench, makes me think that won't happen.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by jbk1234 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:49 am

LivingLegend wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Who is getting defensive rebounds over Drummond/Love/McGee/Nance all of who would average 10+ rebounds per game given starters mins. If anything thats the Cavs strength that other teams should be worried about not getting those second and third chance looks against us

I dont think he is addition by subtraction--but if all he is going to do is stand on the 3pt line and take 7-10 threes per game, hes going to need to start making them. I understand hes half injured and all of that but he needs to get his butt out there and play.
Dude has played a game and a half. The Cavs have played all of three games. Do you want a calf strain to turn into something more serious?

cbosh4mvp wrote:
LivingLegend
Head Coach

Post#15 » by LivingLegend » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:30 am

jbk1234 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Cedi is on a declining contract that ends as a number lower than the current MLE. I'm not sure what the Cavs could get for him that wouldn't result in us losing that trade.

Dude has played a game and a half. The Cavs have played all of three games. Do you want a calf strain to turn into something more serious?

No but it always seems like hes banged up with something. At some point hes going to have to fight through some of these things. How do you get injured in a single quarter in the first preseason game after not playing basketball for 8 months.

Its just frustrating that he is supposed to be the guy on this team and he cant seem to make it more than 2 or 3 weeks without something happening. I would like to see him fight through some of the smaller stuff.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#16 » by JonFromVA » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:47 am

LivingLegend wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

No but it always seems like hes banged up with something. At some point hes going to have to fight through some of these things. How do you get injured in a single quarter in the first preseason game after not playing basketball for 8 months.

Its just frustrating that he is supposed to be the guy on this team and he cant seem to make it more than 2 or 3 weeks without something happening. I would like to see him fight through some of the smaller stuff.

Plus Kevin has been nursing a bad back since before we got him. Kevin can be a positive player, but it's tricky and frankly kind of tiring putting up with the injuries, defensive lapses, and effort problems along the way. Playing him with a rim protector is part of what we've needed to do, though. So... who knows, maybe he can get right, get in shape, and help the team and maybe, just maybe, convince a team to give something up for him.
LivingLegend
Head Coach

Post#17 » by LivingLegend » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:50 am

JonFromVA wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Dude has played a game and a half. The Cavs have played all of three games. Do you want a calf strain to turn into something more serious?

Plus Kevin has been nursing a bad back since before we got him. Kevin can be a positive player, but it's tricky and frankly kind of tiring putting up with the injuries, defensive lapses, and effort problems along the way. Playing him with a rim protector is part of what we've needed to do, though. So... who knows, maybe he can get right, get in shape, and help the team and maybe, just maybe, convince a team to give something up for him.

My thing is the Cavs havent played basketball for 3/4 of a calander year. How does every single player on the roster not come into this season fully healthy and ready to go. We have had more rest than anybody in the league
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#18 » by Stillwater » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:44 am

LivingLegend wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

My thing is the Cavs havent played basketball for 3/4 of a calander year. How does every single player on the roster not come into this season fully healthy and ready to go. We have had more rest than anybody in the league

its just very difficult to predict whos foot is under yours when you are looking up... KLove just happens to have a lot of bad luck I'd say. He does look a bit older lol but he isnt out of game shape enough so that I would think that is what caused a calf strain.
My guess is he pulled himself out because he kept pushing JB to play him and see how he held up, it didnt work out and nobody was surprised at all.
He will be fine and nobody has any interest in his contract so it is basically a waste of time to think about his trade value short of an all star season boosting it or something.
They rewarded him for his efforts during the finals runs with tat massive contract knowing full well it would be impossible to move it.
If he can at least play 50 games I'm good
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
LivingLegend
Head Coach

Post#19 » by LivingLegend » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:48 am

Stillwater wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

its just very difficult to predict whos foot is under yours when you are looking up... KLove just happens to have a lot of bad luck I'd say. He does look a bit older lol but he isnt out of game shape enough so that I would think that is what caused a calf strain.
My guess is he pulled himself out because he kept pushing JB to play him and see how he held up, it didnt work out

That might be it but I wont say its overly detrimental. Nance has really really looked good this year. With him shooting 3s at the rate he is, hes almost became a more impactful player than Love is already because of his athleticism and defense that Love doesnt have.

I wish the best for Love, I just also hope that when he does get healthy they look at reducing his mins to get Nance more floortime. It would be best for the team and it would also allow Love to play less mins and hopefully stay in better health.

I think I would put a cap on Loves mins at 30
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#20 » by JonFromVA » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:08 pm

LivingLegend wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

My guess is he pulled himself out because he kept pushing JB to play him and see how he held up, it didnt work out

That might be it but I wont say its overly detrimental. Nance has really really looked good this year. With him shooting 3s at the rate he is, hes almost became a more impactful player than Love is already because of his athleticism and defense that Love doesnt have.

I wish the best for Love, I just also hope that when he does get healthy they look at reducing his mins to get Nance more floortime. It would be best for the team and it would also allow Love to play less mins and hopefully stay in better health.

I think I would put a cap on Loves mins at 30

With all the back to backs, there was going to be lots of minutes for Nance and others regardless of Kevin's health. And if the NBA is actually requiring teams to come up with excuses for sitting players this year (although you'd think they'd make an exception because of the circumstances) there are going to be more fictitious injuries than real ones this season.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers