Post#1 » by E S V L » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:04 pm

Read on Twitter
FK NFL
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Re: That should change a lot 

Post#2 » by Whole Truth » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:27 pm

His improvement was very noticeable after the Covid break. Not only was he hitting at a better rate, his release was quicker as well. Unfortunately, if you watched the first preseason game, all his looks were wide... wide open. The reputation is lacking at this point, we'll need that shooting trend to continue & I think even if it dips a bit, he'll be capable from the looks of it.

Unrelated, I also thought his chemistry with Jonas was a lot better in the bubble as well. Where if Memphis wants to keep Clarke in that 6th man role, they could run with a starting rotation of - (Jonas, Anderson, Brooks, Bane, Ja) & bench of - (Dieng/Tillman, Clarke, Melton, Allen, Tyus).

What happens though when 3J & Winslow return ?. How would Jenkins manage their minutes ?. Memphis look as though they need a consolidation trade & probably why I read about a trade rumor with Chicago for OPJ who has a large expiring contract & would most likely require a 2 or 3 for 1 deal.

If he is a target, Chicago fans warned me he was a injury waiting to happen, so if the deal is not about consolidation & cap, make sure to get better pick value.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#3 » by VCfor3 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:36 pm

I forget which podcast was talking about this, but those stats include the preseason game and the pre-bubble games where he went off. Still if you exclude those games he shot it really well from 3. It may take some time for him to get "gravity" with his shot, but I think that 35% from deep is a real possibility and would be huge for us. The other shooting stat of his that has recovered is his FT%. That dipped a lot when he put on a Grizz uniform and recovered after the All Star break as well.

The other thing with Kyle in the two preseason games is that it seemed like he made decisions a little quicker. If so that will also make him that much better for us. I can't wait for this season to kick off!
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#4 » by E S V L » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:57 am

I have just stopped disliking the idea of Winslow + Dieng for Otto Porter+
FK NFL
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#5 » by E S V L » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:11 pm

I was right - that really has transformed Kyle to a new level.
FK NFL

Return to Memphis Grizzlies