ImageImageImage

2021 Fantasy B-Ball

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Re: 2020 Fantasy Basketball Thread (Dynasty/Premier/G-League) 

Post#121 » by bwgood77 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:29 pm

wheezy wrote:
Golanator wrote:Dynasty

Lillard 31/4/5/1 with 5 3 PTM
Brooks 24/7/4/3 with 2 3 PTM (yes please)
Gobert 12/10/4/1/4

Premier

LeBron 29/9/6/2/1 with 3 3 PTM

I also picked up Lu Dort after his 2nd straight great game with my open roster spot.

I wasn't really sure why Yahoo had Brooks ranked so low in the preseason.... Didn't look like he was even drafted in premier.

I almost drafted him. I've always really liked him which is why I preferred him to Oubre in that trade, not only because we had less depth at 2 than 3, but also he was on a minimum contract and would have left us far more flexibility with cap hold at the time.

Of course Memphis wouldn't give him up, for good reason, and Kyle Anderson is way better than Oubre...seems like they have other 3s too, but maybe it's just a lot of bigs and guards.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#122 » by Kerrsed » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:00 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:A max transactions limit would be very interesting to add. Thats something i could really get behind.

It would have to be really low, like 1 per week, imo.

I dont think you can regulate it like that in Yahoo. I think the better option is say you can only make like 10 or 12 the entire season. If someone keeps grabbing guys every other day they run out of options after a week or two and screw themselves later on if one of their good players goes down with injury for the season.

I just hate when i try to grab a player and i see like 6 guys on waivers that i have to wait an additional 3 days or so to get....then someone with a higher priority gets them and within those 3 days waiting now there is a new list of like 6 guys on waivers and it becomes a game of having to wait like 6 or even 9 days to get a single player. Limit the transactions so people cant just keep rotational spots at the end of their bench that they switch out every 2 games. Its crazy to see that the NBA has only been running a total of 6 days and some people in all leagues have up to 9 transactions already!
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#123 » by bigfoot » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:04 pm

sunskerr wrote:Idk if you are specifically talking about the dynasty league but at some level we have to be fairly active since dynasty is and should be, imo, the most involved league in terms of strategy. We have to be active to engage in trade discussions and research players and real NBA teams to get a feel for guys we are rostering potentially for several years. I think most if not all people in the league want the dynasty league to be prestigious and difficult i.e. not casual.

So from my point of view it does feel a little cheap if people are just looking at stat lines and constantly adding and dropping players based on their stat lines after 1 game or 2 and till they find a guy who sticks. I guess in a way I agree with your sentiment from a different angle.

Maybe a max transactions (or free agent acquisitions) per week would be fine? The waiver wire idea seems alright too.

But more than anything I'm just glad the league is active and competitive and I can talk trades with other owners on a reasonable time frame.

also, on a semi related note: the whole adding INJ players from free agency straight to your INJ slot(s) still feels cheap as hell.

Yeah, I mentioned this earlier about the INJ slots in Dynasty but ... well nobody seemed to mind.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#124 » by bwgood77 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:04 pm

Kerrsed wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:A max transactions limit would be very interesting to add. Thats something i could really get behind.

I dont think you can regulate it like that in Yahoo. I think the better option is say you can only make like 10 or 12 the entire season. If someone keeps grabbing guys every other day they run out of options after a week or two and screw themselves later on if one of their good players goes down with injury for the season.

I just hate when i try to grab a player and i see like 6 guys on waivers that i have to wait an additional 3 days or so to get....then someone with a higher priority gets them and within those 3 days waiting now there is a new list of like 6 guys on waivers and it becomes a game of having to wait like 6 or even 9 days to get a single player. Limit the transactions so people cant just keep rotational spots at the end of their bench that they switch out every 2 games. Its crazy to see that the NBA has only been running a total of 6 days and some people in all leagues have up to 9 transactions already!

Well waiver period would have to be 1 day.
bigfoot

Post#125 » by bigfoot » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:09 pm

Kerrsed wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Booo! The first year I got scolded by other managers for making very few moves. They said I should be able to fix my team from a cellar dweller in one season by picking up unwanted players. Now I'm getting an earful for making moves. Which one is it??
bigfoot

Post#126 » by bigfoot » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:16 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
sunskerr wrote:Idk if you are specifically talking about the dynasty league but at some level we have to be fairly active since dynasty is and should be, imo, the most involved league in terms of strategy. We have to be active to engage in trade discussions and research players and real NBA teams to get a feel for guys we are rostering potentially for several years. I think most if not all people in the league want the dynasty league to be prestigious and difficult i.e. not casual.

So from my point of view it does feel a little cheap if people are just looking at stat lines and constantly adding and dropping players based on their stat lines after 1 game or 2 and till they find a guy who sticks. I guess in a way I agree with your sentiment from a different angle.

Maybe a max transactions (or free agent acquisitions) per week would be fine? The waiver wire idea seems alright too.

But more than anything I'm just glad the league is active and competitive and I can talk trades with other owners on a reasonable time frame.

also, on a semi related note: the whole adding INJ players from free agency straight to your INJ slot(s) still feels cheap as hell.

I know...about in the INJ players. I noticed bigfoot ballers did this TWICE and could have sworn he made a post earlier that he didn't think this should be allowed so I searched for that post but couldn't find it. That feels like kind of cheating....though I will say I drafted a guy who was out (Lamb) to add him to my IL and then pick up another guy. It didn't work though so I dropped him anyway, since he was O and not IR. I did feel that was different though because he had to be a roster spot and there were multiple draft picks behind me in that last round.

I feel premier is way more competitive with the drop adds. I don't make any in dynasty....I drafted 3 rookies and just leave my starters in and those guys on the bench because I realize they might not be good for awhile. I have a few development or recovering from injury guys in my roster too like Reddish (looking better) and Otto Porter (ok so far). Surprised I was in like 3rd but obviously it is very early.

I absolutely did say something about we shouldn't be able to roster injured players. I then proceeded to pick up two players as you noticed. However, that was well after several other managers did the same thing much earlier in the season. I'm not going to hamstring myself because people don't want to think hard about problems in the league. I pointed it out and it was summarily dismissed by most everyone.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#127 » by sunskerr » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:20 pm

Yeah I’m not going to get mad at people for picking up INJ free agents. They’re just doing what’s allowed right now. We definitely should do something about it in the off-season though
bigfoot

Post#128 » by bigfoot » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:25 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Kyler Murray wrote:Just a thought, I think we should make all players on FA pool be waivers, so everybody can have a shot grabbing some players who seem to have breakthrough games. If you grab someone be4 he breaks out kudos to you, but we shouldn't be awarding the ones who can stay constantly online and be the faster trigger, especially with many of us playing in different timezones.

Even though I am awake when all the games are on and was thinking about Josh Jackson tonight, I hear you. I play with some friends overseas and they are pissed they basically have no way of adding anyone in this scenario. I just don't know if that's a possibility.

Though I know this might hurt some people's strategy who make tons of adds and drops throughout the season...like Tastic

This is yet another reason to support a cap-based system.

Edit: I picked up Josh Jackson as a FA when he was playing well off the bench. Turned around and dropped him when I noticed Keldon Johnson was getting some burn by Coach Pop.
bigfoot

Post#129 » by bigfoot » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:46 pm

Dynasty managers should check out this link for Yahoo waiver options. They really might address a lot of past cap discussions and current waiver discussions ...

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN6811.html

Next year we could address a lot of issues by using

1) continuous waivers
2) FAB option

Also, there are options we should consider for setting

1) Max acquisitions for the season (unlimited currently)
2) Trade deadline (none currently)
3) Injured players being added directly to an IR spot (yes currently)
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#130 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:54 pm

I really don't get the issue with picking up an injured player or making a bunch of moves in general. We all have the same number of roster spots and opportunity. With injured guys you have to clear a spot for them to actually use them anyway so who cares.

I strongly oppose a transaction limit. Streaming is a part of fantasy especially in a roto league late in the season.

Now a FAB budget for bidding on guys on waivers, sure I'm cool with that. But once they clear waivers you should be able to add them for 0.

Also the main reason I oppose a salary based system is we have no control of what a guy gets paid. Why should we be punished if some GM overpays a player? I also don't think most fully understand how hard that would be to actually run, like is someone going to check every waiver claim to make sure the guy being added isn't putting a team over their cap?

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#131 » by Golanator » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:20 am

So Haliburton is already putting up 13/3/6/3 with three 3PTM makes as a backup rookie?

I'm looking to win now, so hit me up if you want this future star in Dynasty.
Golanator
Sixth Man

Post#132 » by Golanator » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:22 am

Also, Julius Randle and Andre Drummond are going to carry me in premier. They've been unreal.

Randle 28/12/11/1 with four 3 PTM
Drummond with 18/17/2/3/6

Sheesh
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#133 » by bwgood77 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:49 am

Golanator wrote:So Haliburton is already putting up 13/3/6/3 with three 3PTM makes as a backup rookie?

I might be willing to give you Otto Porter for him.
Golanator
Sixth Man

Post#134 » by Golanator » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:18 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Golanator wrote:So Haliburton is already putting up 13/3/6/3 with three 3PTM makes as a backup rookie?

MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,170

Post#135 » by MrMiyagi » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:21 pm

I'm interested. Make me an offer.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#136 » by bwgood77 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:22 pm

Golanator wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Ultimately his upside is too limited with Fox and Hield there.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#137 » by bwgood77 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:56 am

I'm surprised I'm so low on blocks in premier, as I took a number of big guys. And I know it's early, but I also can't believe I'm up there in dynasty given that I kind of went rebuild last year and have mostly young guys. I think Middleton is my oldest at 29 and my next oldest is not a keeper and is 27. Steven Adams seems older than 27. Same age as Otto Porter...a little younger.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#138 » by bwgood77 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:49 am

Kerrsed, you're not doing so good in Dynasty
Balls Deep 16th
Pts per category

I thought you were a "win now" team? What's going on?
Golanator
Sixth Man

Post#139 » by Golanator » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:50 am

Didn't realize Tristan Thompson was out...left Robert Williams on the bench.

6/10/2/1/4 later...fml
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#140 » by bwgood77 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:51 am

Golanator wrote:Didn't realize Tristan Thompson was out...left Robert Williams on the bench.

6/10/2/1/4 later...fml

I'm sure we've all had far worse ones than that.

Return to Phoenix Suns