Who will be the STEAL of the 2019 NBA draft?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Who will be the STEAL of the 2019 NBA draft? 

Post#381 » by Stillwater » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:04 pm

clyde21 wrote:Dort...another example of NBA GMs idiocy...how they let this dude go undrafted still boggles my mind

clyde21 wrote:biggest issues are decision making and efficiency. good news is that his TS% is up to 54% in conference which is good news, but turnovers are also up, which is still problematic.

like I said earlier...he's got a bit of Westbrook in him in that his body sometimes seems to move quicker than his brain because his so talented but the baseline talent on its own is definitely worthy of a lotto pick. It's the BBIQ and nuances of the game that are in question.

clyde21 wrote:he's like Rawle Alkins from last year, but better. high end potential is probably somewhere around Victor Oladipo if everything goes right for him.

right it's not like he wasnt killing it predraft either
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,183

Post#382 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:13 am

Keldon tho?

clyde21 wrote:I was impressed by Keldon today. i think we saw glimpses of what his role will be in the NBA today as he got a lot of transition opportunities which is where he kind of excels vs. the half-court
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#383 » by Roddy B for 3 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 4:38 am

clyde21 wrote:Keldon tho?

clyde21 wrote:I was impressed by Keldon today. i think we saw glimpses of what his role will be in the NBA today as he got a lot of transition opportunities which is where he kind of excels vs. the half-court

3&D with transition scoring game I had him 11 on my board.
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
clyde21
RealGM

Post#384 » by clyde21 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:14 am

breakout game for NAW tonight, took longer than I thought but it's finally here. better get more mins after tonight.
916fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#385 » by 916fan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:15 pm

clyde21 wrote:Dort...another example of NBA GMs idiocy...how they let this dude go undrafted still boggles my mind

clyde21 wrote:biggest issues are decision making and efficiency. good news is that his TS% is up to 54% in conference which is good news, but turnovers are also up, which is still problematic.

like I said earlier...he's got a bit of Westbrook in him in that his body sometimes seems to move quicker than his brain because his so talented but the baseline talent on its own is definitely worthy of a lotto pick. It's the BBIQ and nuances of the game that are in question.

clyde21 wrote:he's like Rawle Alkins from last year, but better. high end potential is probably somewhere around Victor Oladipo if everything goes right for him.

I think some NBA GMs and scouts are just as bad as we think they are. I know the draft is a crap shoot, but you can't convince me that there aren't horrible ones out there when you have Vlade Divac passing up on Luka Doncic for Marvin Bagley. Or how about the time he drafted Georgios Papagiannis.

Some NBA GMs are super incompetent. I don't think scouting is actually this hard. If NFL teams can sort through 11-12 positions and hundreds of prospects, I don't get how the NBA can't do the same with a much smaller talent pool. I think armchair GMs here have better scouting abilities than some actual scouts.....
clyde21
RealGM

Post#386 » by clyde21 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:48 am

Keldon 29 piece tonight

pretty insane how deep this class is turning out to be.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#387 » by The_Hater » Thu Feb 4, 2021 2:14 pm

King Ken wrote:
King Ken wrote:I have 5 of them.

1. Cam Reddish - I strongly believe he can be the best player in this class and could be the best player in the NBA one day. My comparison for him is Jamal Crawford - scoring and creativity in space, Jodie Meeks movement ability, T-Mac body, size and fluidity, and PG13 defensive instinct and tools. Teams goofed up passing on him going to the team with great space.

2. Rui - Teams goofed up again. Explosiveness in tight space - check, big ass hands - check, forward skills with shooting touch - check. His defense needs work but the tools are there. He does disappear at times but he is so freakish, finding players to guard him is nearly impossible and you will just double him but guess what, he can move the rock too. Internet scouts overly scouted him and missed on his obvious gifts. Potential superstar.

3. Jaxson Hayes - Teams goofed up again. Explosiveness, speed, Odell hands, agility, 7ft, shooting touch and feel for the game. Man, passing on him was foolish. Easy mistake for those who did it. He is not there due to needing time in the gym but like Mo Bamba, you will regret passing on him in his prime. Griffin did his thing.

4. Herro - I underrated him for awhile till I saw the tape. His ass can shoot, is athletic, can handle with both hands, can really shoot it and got a crazy ass feel for the game. Miami got them one and he will wreck havoc in the east for along time once he adjust to the pace of the game and the quality of PGs in the NBA. He got easy gas, stats lied on this man, he got some sauce.

5. Cody White - He really gonna **** the league up something serious when his shot is right. He really like Arenas but got more PG skills and a better feel for being patience. 7-10 in this draft can change the league for the next 10-15 years.

I honestly think these five could be the best players in this class. Obviously, Zion, Ja, and R.J. have a tremendous chance as does Clarke but these five tho.

Herro is looking like a beast.
If Zion is going to be Zion, he needs Hayes.
White can be Eastern Conference Murray, he just needs a Jokic.
Rui has all of the potential to be an All-Star SF offensively down the road and dominate on that end.
I think Cam Reddish can be the best player in the NBA one day. I can't wait for you guys to see him in year two. I am sure he will be an All-Star sooner than later.

This class is very underrated man. They just needed time to develop outside of Zion, R.J., and Ja.

You wrote this after his awful rookie season ended, doubling down on the exact same comment you made after the draft. So how’s this working out for you in season #2?
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,244

Post#388 » by Catchall » Fri Mar 5, 2021 3:06 am

Kevin Porter Jr. has looked really good in the G-league.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#389 » by Stillwater » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:33 pm

Catchall wrote:Kevin Porter Jr. has looked really good in the G-league.

Rockets called him up going into the 2nd half... still burns my arse the Cavs had to let him go
but his short fuse is a real issue and unless hes aloud to be a 1st or 2nd option starter or at least treated like
he could be one since he actually could be one pretty easy then he will have to be a high level playmaker
to keep the team happy around him dealing with his attitude which is possible but it was not the horse he road in on...his iso ability was.
I see him getting fined a couple times maybe lead the league in T's if he makes it to another contract before off court issues end his chances, but if he does make it
the odds are he is a all nba stud eventually
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,823

Post#390 » by Klomp » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:24 pm

Stillwater wrote:
GameBredAPBT wrote:Bro gotta be D.Gafford, no? Cmon bro, is he not the obvious choice breh?

he was slept on but for 2nd rounders like Gaf who has 1st round skill I put my $ on Jalen Nowell or Jordon Bone.

It's taken a while, but a real strong performance last night from Nowell

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,216

Post#391 » by EvanZ » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:26 pm

Doesn't look like the Hawks think Cam is a steal.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#392 » by Stillwater » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:00 pm

Cam Reddish is already on the block ? I bet they think he is worth something in a trade right? he still has a ton of upside lol
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#393 » by Stillwater » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:40 pm

King Ken wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
nah, you had people here legit saying he was 'undraftable' and no a '1AD' player...

that's a different story. he can shoot it he can cut and his court vision is underrated , but for where he was picked I think it was about right not steal range. I mean maybe compared to Reddish who should of went 60th lol

You took this path with Trae Young and nearly died on the ledge. You want to jump fully off now?

Not to rehash old takes too much but this didnt age well for you regarding Reddish at all and yes I am still standing on the hill believing in Sexton as the better pro long term over Trae the pretty boy flopper
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,033
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#394 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:00 am

The best prospect in the NBA is going to be used to match salary on a trade.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
crows2
Senior
And1: 557

Post#395 » by crows2 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:02 am

Stillwater wrote:Cam Reddish is already on the block ? I bet they think he is worth something in a trade right? he still has a ton of upside lol

They’re hoping another team falls for his “upside” that he’s never shown any inkling of being capable of reaching.
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,954

Post#396 » by shakes0 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:37 pm

Stillwater wrote:
King Ken wrote:
Stillwater wrote:that's a different story. he can shoot it he can cut and his court vision is underrated , but for where he was picked I think it was about right not steal range. I mean maybe compared to Reddish who should of went 60th lol

You took this path with Trae Young and nearly died on the ledge. You want to jump fully off now?

Not to rehash old takes too much but this didnt age well for you regarding Reddish at all and yes I am still standing on the hill believing in Sexton as the better pro long term over Trae the pretty boy flopper

:lol: :lol: Sexton? Why stop there. YOu had Aaron Holiday as a better NBA player than Trae. Along with about 25 other players from that draft.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#397 » by Stillwater » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:06 pm

shakes0 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
King Ken wrote:You took this path with Trae Young and nearly died on the ledge. You want to jump fully off now?

:lol: :lol: Sexton? Why stop there. YOu had Aaron Holiday as a better NBA player than Trae. Along with about 25 other players from that draft.

always going back to one post where I clearly said Holiday was a better defender than Trae as an obvious dig on Trae given Holidays crap defensive ability is all you got.
Sexton is far better than you ever expected and you know it. Trae and your buddy Cam are not Luka no matter what you think of my opinion and pretty much every person on Earth knows that much.
Trae is a manipulator of the game and even his own coach got fired for complaining about his bs antics. eventually it will come back to haunt the Hawks but I guess you cant see that and love your chucker.
This was my final bb in the 2018 draft and yeah I missed on a lot
but I clearly had Trae way ahead of Holiday as a prospect so this logic you are pushing is garbage
final big board
6-21-18
1 Luka Doncic
2 Jaren Jackson
3 Deandre Ayton
4 Marvin Bagley
5 Mo Bamba
6 Micheal Porter
7 Collin Sexton
8 Miles Bridges
9 Kevin Huerter
10 Kevin Knox
11 Wendal Carter
12 Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
13 Trae Young
14 Khyri Thomas
15 Zhaire Smith
16 Mitchell Robinson
17 De'Anthony Melton
18 Mikal Bridges
19 Lonnie Walker
20 Troy Brown
21 Landry Shamet
22 Anfernee Simons
23 Chandler Hutchinson
24 Jerome Robinson
25 Jacob Evans
26 Aaron Holiday
27 Bruce Brown
28 Dzanan Musa
29 Moritz Wagner
30 Melvin Frazier
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#398 » by shakes0 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:16 pm

Stillwater wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Not to rehash old takes too much but this didnt age well for you regarding Reddish at all and yes I am still standing on the hill believing in Sexton as the better pro long term over Trae the pretty boy flopper

always going back to one post where I clearly said Holiday was a better defender than Trae as an obvious dig on Trae given Holidays crap defensive ability is all you got.
Sexton is far better than you ever expected and you know it. Trae and your buddy Cam are not Luka no matter what you think of my opinion and pretty much every person on Earth knows that much.
Trae is a manipulator of the game and even his own coach got fired for complaining about his bs antics. eventually it will come back to haunt the Hawks but I guess you cant see that and love your chucker

everything you just said is BS and lies.

Don't try to rewrite history. You said Holiday would be a better pro than Trae and that was after their careers had already started. No mention of defense at all. In fact, back then you weren't even talking about Trae's defense. Back then your narrative was that Trae couldn't shoot. Then, when Trae proved he could you changed your narrative to defense and then lately changed it again to say that Trae sucks because he will get exposed in the playoffs.

I never downplayed Sexton. Always liked him coming out of college.

Lloyd Pierce got fired cause he was a horse **** coach who no one on the team liked. 10-2 under Nate McMillan speaks for itself.

Keep trying to post your lies Still, I'll be here to call you out on your BS.

Can anyone find the thread where Still ranked the players in the draft and had Trae in the late 20s? I should've bookmarked it.
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#399 » by shakes0 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:18 pm

Stillwater wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Not to rehash old takes too much but this didnt age well for you regarding Reddish at all and yes I am still standing on the hill believing in Sexton as the better pro long term over Trae the pretty boy flopper

Trae is a manipulator of the game and even his own coach got fired for complaining about his bs antics. eventually it will come back to haunt the Hawks but I guess you cant see that and love your chucker.
but I clearly had Trae way ahead of Holiday as a prospect so this logic you are pushing is garbage
final big board
6-21-18
1 Luka Doncic
2 Jaren Jackson
3 Deandre Ayton
4 Marvin Bagley
5 Mo Bamba
6 Micheal Porter
7 Collin Sexton
8 Miles Bridges
9 Kevin Huerter
10 Kevin Knox
11 Wendal Carter
13 Trae Young
14 Khyri Thomas
15 Zhaire Smith
16 Mitchell Robinson
17 De'Anthony Melton
18 Mikal Bridges
19 Lonnie Walker
20 Troy Brown
21 Landry Shamet
22 Anfernee Simons
23 Chandler Hutchinson
24 Jerome Robinson
25 Jacob Evans
26 Aaron Holiday
27 Bruce Brown
28 Dzanan Musa
29 Moritz Wagner
30 Melvin Frazier

As I said, you ranked them again after the season started and had Trae in the late 20's, below Holiday.

I like how a minute ago you acknowledge that yhou had Holiday ahead of Trae and tried to say it was because of defense, but now you find some old post of yours and you are now claiming you never had Holiday ahead of Trae.

You need to figure out which side of your mouth to talk out of.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#400 » by Stillwater » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:26 pm

shakes0 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
shakes0 wrote:

final big board
6-21-18
1 Luka Doncic
2 Jaren Jackson
3 Deandre Ayton
4 Marvin Bagley
5 Mo Bamba
6 Micheal Porter
7 Collin Sexton
8 Miles Bridges
9 Kevin Huerter
10 Kevin Knox
11 Wendal Carter
13 Trae Young
14 Khyri Thomas
15 Zhaire Smith
16 Mitchell Robinson
17 De'Anthony Melton
18 Mikal Bridges
19 Lonnie Walker
20 Troy Brown
21 Landry Shamet
22 Anfernee Simons
23 Chandler Hutchinson
24 Jerome Robinson
25 Jacob Evans
26 Aaron Holiday
27 Bruce Brown
28 Dzanan Musa
29 Moritz Wagner
30 Melvin Frazier

As I said, you ranked them again after the season started and had Trae in the late 20's, below Holiday.

I like how a minute ago you acknowledge that yhou had Holiday ahead of Trae and tried to say it was because of defense, but now you find some old post of yours and you are now claiming you never had Holiday ahead of Trae.

You need to figure out which side of your mouth to talk out of.

The point you keep trying to make is pathetic. I doubt I said Holiday was the better prospect...I said he was the better defender lol.
Nothing has changed about my opinion that Trae is a terrible defender and will give up everything he produces offensively as a result regardless of his court vision and chucking ways. Thats is reality.
Maybe I deserve some scrutiny for rubbing it in about the hawks failures trading back and missing out on the generational Luka
for a kid who is on the block and you boy who by all accounts is not an all star by any metric despite his vision because of what he has to do to get to the charity stripe.
I am guessing outside of ATL there are very few orgs that would have fired their coach to support the kid.
Reddish was 42nd on my 2019 big board and I stand by that too.
btw this 18 board was made before the draft genius

Return to NBA Draft