Moderator: ijspeelman

LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Re: Game 3 : Philadelphia 76ers (2-0) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (2-0) - 7:30 PM 

Post#21 » by LivingLegend » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:08 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
Stillwater wrote:its just very difficult to predict whos foot is under yours when you are looking up... KLove just happens to have a lot of bad luck I'd say. He does look a bit older lol but he isnt out of game shape enough so that I would think that is what caused a calf strain.
My guess is he pulled himself out because he kept pushing JB to play him and see how he held up, it didnt work out

That might be it but I wont say its overly detrimental. Nance has really really looked good this year. With him shooting 3s at the rate he is, hes almost became a more impactful player than Love is already because of his athleticism and defense that Love doesnt have.

I wish the best for Love, I just also hope that when he does get healthy they look at reducing his mins to get Nance more floortime. It would be best for the team and it would also allow Love to play less mins and hopefully stay in better health.

I think I would put a cap on Loves mins at 30

With all the back to backs, there was going to be lots of minutes for Nance and others regardless of Kevin's health. And if the NBA is actually requiring teams to come up with excuses for sitting players this year (although you'd think they'd make an exception because of the circumstances) there are going to be more fictitious injuries than real ones this season.

Welp there it is. Love is out 3-4 weeks with a calf strain. Like clockwork

Read on Twitter
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#22 » by Stillwater » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:46 pm

LivingLegend wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
That might be it but I wont say its overly detrimental. Nance has really really looked good this year. With him shooting 3s at the rate he is, hes almost became a more impactful player than Love is already because of his athleticism and defense that Love doesnt have.

I wish the best for Love, I just also hope that when he does get healthy they look at reducing his mins to get Nance more floortime. It would be best for the team and it would also allow Love to play less mins and hopefully stay in better health.

I think I would put a cap on Loves mins at 30

With all the back to backs, there was going to be lots of minutes for Nance and others regardless of Kevin's health. And if the NBA is actually requiring teams to come up with excuses for sitting players this year (although you'd think they'd make an exception because of the circumstances) there are going to be more fictitious injuries than real ones this season.

Read on Twitter

weird how that worked out. Maybe there is a trade in the works after all as I am not convinced that wasn't slightly underhanded given he pulled himself out without appearing to get injured. But it's probably just the usual KLove struggle to stay healthy hopefully it's somewhat of a exaggerated report.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#23 » by LivingLegend » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:24 pm

Stillwater wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

Read on Twitter

weird how that worked out. Maybe there is a trade in the works after all as I am not convinced that wasn't slightly underhanded given he pulled himself out without appearing to get injured. But it's probably just the usual KLove struggle to stay healthy hopefully it's somewhat of a exaggerated report.

Remember the whole 'the best ability is availability' thing? Yeah......

Saw on Twitter a lot of beat reporting folks saying that the Cavs/76ers should be doing a Love for Tobias Harris swap. Both on horrible contracts but Love could help the 76ers more than Harris fits with them and Harris would fit the Cavs better because of his mobility.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#24 » by Stillwater » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:47 am

LivingLegend wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Read on Twitter

Saw on Twitter a lot of beat reporting folks saying that the Cavs/76ers should be doing a Love for Tobias Harris swap. Both on horrible contracts but Love could help the 76ers more than Harris fits with them and Harris would fit the Cavs better because of his mobility.

I cant see the cavs taking on an extra year of a similar impact player that is more expensive not to mention the TB.
Only a pro PHI minded beat reporter would suggest it.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,382

Post#25 » by JonFromVA » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:19 pm

Stillwater wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
Stillwater wrote:weird how that worked out. Maybe there is a trade in the works after all as I am not convinced that wasn't slightly underhanded given he pulled himself out without appearing to get injured. But it's probably just the usual KLove struggle to stay healthy hopefully it's somewhat of a exaggerated report.

I cant see the cavs taking on an extra year of a similar impact player that is more expensive not to mention the TB.
Only a pro PHI minded beat reporter would suggest it.

Maybe if Philly throws in a second round pick ... :lol:

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers