ImageImageImageImageImage

Tank World Order

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Tank World Order 

Post#1 » by Pooh_Jeter » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:21 am

It's been a long time coming, but Raptors fans we are back! Join the movement before the bandwagon fills up.

Can I interest you in a Jalen Suggs, Cade Cunningham, Jonathan Kuminga or Evan Mobley?

Let's see those TWO memes and maybe, just maybe we can see a return of the Hulkster.
alienchild wrote:Again, I hope the basketball gods give us the 14th pick in the draft. I hope OG asks for a trade, Birch signs elsewhere and GTJ signs an offer sheet and Raptors don't match. Frankly Masai is dead to me.
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Re: Tank World Order 

Post#2 » by Red_Claw » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:27 am

Some people are just lifetime losers. Its all they know and all they want to know. Winners don't justify losing.

Don't be like TWO.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#3 » by Scott Hall » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:28 am

4 Life Chico
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,691

Post#4 » by Basketball_Jones » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:31 am

I think a trade can shake things up! Remember when we traded Rudy and suddenly Pat Patterson / Grievas Vasquez / John Salmons were superstars and helped lead us to the playoffs. So, who is are Rudy this season?
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#5 » by Geddy » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:31 am

tank tank tank world order
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,760

Post#6 » by ItsDanger » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:36 am

LOL, a few losses and the pro tank crowd runs rampant. Some contenders need a better bench if you watch some other games. The smurf backcourt needs to stop.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by Pooh_Jeter » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:37 am

Basketball_Jones wrote:I think a trade can shake things up! Remember when we traded Rudy and suddenly Pat Patterson / Grievas Vasquez / John Salmons were superstars and helped lead us to the playoffs. So, who is are Rudy this season?

Honestly, this would just be shuffling chairs on the Titanic. Let Lowry go to a contender and get this tank on. 2021 and 2022 are both great drafts by all accounts. Stockpile those picks!
alienchild wrote:Again, I hope the basketball gods give us the 14th pick in the draft. I hope OG asks for a trade, Birch signs elsewhere and GTJ signs an offer sheet and Raptors don't match. Frankly Masai is dead to me.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#8 » by Scott Hall » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:39 am

Basketball_Jones wrote:I think a trade can shake things up! Remember when we traded Rudy and suddenly Pat Patterson / Grievas Vasquez / John Salmons were superstars and helped lead us to the playoffs. So, who is are Rudy this season?

Siakam
Kreamy
RealGM
And1: 2,097

Post#9 » by Kreamy » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:41 am

Without Lowry, the lottery is inevitable. Hope we don't draw this out till the deadline.

Read on Twitter
MixxSRC
General Manager
And1: 14,092

Post#10 » by MixxSRC » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:48 am

I mean this season would be good time to take a step back. If it's meant to be it's meant to be
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by Pooh_Jeter » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:50 am

Kreamy wrote:Without Lowry, the lottery is inevitable. Hope we don't draw this out till the deadline.

Read on Twitter

This is the crazy part, the "new core" is being propped up by a 34 year old Lowry and it's simply keeping this team bad, instead of outright awful. Siakam and FVV are in their prime and OG is entering his 4th season as a starter, thinking there is substantial upside to that core is asinine.

Don't let Lowry waste another year of defying the aging curve to squeak into the playoffs and be a first round out.
HKBOY
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,554

Post#12 » by HKBOY » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:57 am

Kreamy wrote:Without Lowry, the lottery is inevitable. Hope we don't draw this out till the deadline.

Read on Twitter

Will miss Lowry for sure, the GOAT! :cry:
Marty_Budda
Sixth Man
And1: 2,801

Post#13 » by Marty_Budda » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:02 am

HKBOY wrote:

Read on Twitter

Will miss Lowry for sure, the GOAT! :cry:

To me it’s simple. We gotta pick a lane.
1. We either go all in for harden and maximize the next two years of lowry and go for a chip. I think Kyle has 2 all star level years left in him.

1. Trade Kyle and embrace the tank. We’d for sure be a lotto team without him.
Steven1562
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,172

Post#14 » by Steven1562 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:03 am

Suggs and Emoni Bates. :pray:
Any time y'all wanna see me again
Rewind this track right here, close your eyes
and picture me rollin

Scottie Barnes Believer.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM

Post#15 » by Basketball_Jones » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:09 am

Scott Hall wrote:

Siakam

I agree, comparisons are pretty good. Inefficient, tons of shots, but good defense/rebounding/some passing/etc. Overall though, I'm finding Siakam is hurting us when he's out there. Just like Rudy was. Anybody want to dig up Siakam's last ten games, going back to the playoffs? I'm terrified to see them...

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,346

Post#16 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:14 am

Pooh_Jeter wrote:

Read on Twitter

This is the crazy part, the "new core" is being propped up by a 34 year old Lowry and it's simply keeping this team bad, instead of outright awful. Siakam and FVV are in their prime and OG is entering his 4th season as a starter, thinking there is substantial upside to that core is asinine.

Don't let Lowry waste another year of defying the aging curve to squeak into the playoffs and be a first round out.

First you said tank. Then just two days ago you said we should just finish in the lottery anywhere and not worry about tanking. Now this. What a joke. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#17 » by macNcheese3 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:18 am

Even if we make the playoffs (I’m sure we will) we aren’t making much noise. We just don’t have the pieces. I also, don’t see us tanking. We should trade Lowry and get what we can. We need to rebuild/retool. We got some nice young talent but nothing is game changing.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 18,786

Post#18 » by DelAbbot » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:24 am

Let's sell off expiring contracts (Lowry & Norm) and accumulate assets along with our core of Siakam, OG, Flynn and TD (trade FVV as soon as able).

Please let's not hang on to veterans too long and lose them for nothing like Serge and Gasol and Blue Jays not selling Josh Donaldson when window closed end of 2016.
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,800

Post#19 » by Steelo Green » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:26 am

Johnny Bball wrote:
Pooh_Jeter wrote:

Read on Twitter

First you said tank. Then just two days ago you said we should just finish in the lottery anywhere and not worry about tanking. Now this. What a joke. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the point which seems to go over everyone's head is, consistent lottery picks will likely deem a true franchise cornerstone, and the worse the record, the better the pick. If we are going and don't think this core or anyone in it is it, just blow it all up.

I don't think Fred, Pascal or OG are guys you must move forward with, but OG with his contract and age I would be willing to keep him. The other two you pretty much know what you get.

Pascal seemingly as his usage went up went from a swiss army knife to Demar 2.0 who plays good D.

2-3 top 10 picks with Masai, Bobby and Dan and I am confident they hit on at least one player, and the worse the record, the better the pick, so why not.

Plus I think most of us on pro sell the assets and get back into the draft know this thread was made tongue in cheek reminiscent to the Tank for Wiggins bandwagon.

It's a forum, we're just having fun, it isn't that serious :lol:
Basketball_Jones
RealGM

Post#20 » by Basketball_Jones » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:28 am

Let's hope Washington keeps losing. They just got Westbrook though, they won't abandon ship so soon. Trade deadline at the earliest to move Beal.

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

Return to Toronto Raptors