ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 4 : Minnesota Timberwolves (2-1) @ Los Angeles Clippers (2-1) - 10:00 PM

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,204

Re: Game 4 : Minnesota Timberwolves (2-1) @ Los Angeles Clippers (2-1) - 10:00 PM 

Post#41 » by Max Headrom » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:03 am

Nice response after the **** show Sunday
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Re: Game 4 : Minnesota Timberwolves (2-1) @ Los Angeles Clippers (2-1) - 10:00 PM 

Post#42 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:13 am

Great team win. Some very encouraging signs for Mann's development in particular.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,225

Post#43 » by Clemenza » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:16 am

Oturu is better than Kabengele
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#44 » by TheNewEra » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:18 am

Fi clearly rushing trying to impress. Has to let the game come to him and play like he did before today
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#45 » by TheNewEra » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:28 am

[/tweet][/list]
Clemenza wrote:Oturu is better than Kabengele

After one blowout ? What happen to the preseason and Harrell hype?
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#46 » by TheNewEra » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:33 am

Coffey might develop his shot faster than Mann
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#47 » by TheNewEra » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:40 am

Great team win
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,225

Post#48 » by Clemenza » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:41 am

TheNewEra wrote:[/tweet][/list]

After one blowout ? What happen to the preseason and Harrell hype?

He's pressing a bit now since his third year wasn't picked up by the team. I'm pulling for him that's for sure
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Oturu 

Post#49 » by esqtvd » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:43 am

Fi has no instinct for the game. Sorry. He took up the game late. It doesn't make him a bad person--there are many native-born American players who just don't SEE the game either. Olajuwon took up the game late and was like a duck to water, Phi Slamma Jamma!

Yes, Oturu always seemed to find the right place on the court and anticipated where the ball was going. He played 4 years of high school ball--the game is not new to him.

One thing is--he didn't look very big to me. :dontknow:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
TheNewEra
RealGM

Re: Oturu 

Post#50 » by TheNewEra » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:47 am

esqtvd wrote:

Fi has no instinct for the game. Sorry. He took up the game late. It doesn't make him a bad person--there are many native-born American players who just don't SEE the game either. Olajuwon took up the game late and was like a duck to water, Phi Slamma Jamma!

Yes, Oturu always seemed to find the right place on the court and anticipated where the ball was going. He played 4 years of high school ball--the game is not new to him.

Oturu definitely has to play bigger and be more active. All of this is a bit of reaching to one game in a blowout. Both bigs are in two different circumstances.
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Post#51 » by playaloc916 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:52 am

Very nice bounce back win with everyone getting involved. I liked the constant motion and movement. I just wished there was a bit more penetration, as I saw the Twolves get to the rim fairly easily and hoped we could do the same.

An under control Reggie is a good Reggie. When he slows the game down and tries to set things up instead of playing recklessly, he's actually pretty effective. Maybe this is where Billups and Atkinson can get to him. If he is more consistent, that missing "point guard" position could be his for the taking.

And did anyone see that weird dribbling Reggie was doing to run out the shot clock at the end? It was like he wanted to bust out some streetball dribbling, but stopped himself, lol.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#52 » by esqtvd » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:11 am

TheNewEra wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Oturu definitely has to play bigger and be more active. All of this is a bit of reaching to one game in a blowout. Both bigs are in two different circumstances.

I just meant physically imposing. Fi is far more athletic--which is why I think the Clips traded up for him. But he's already 23 1/2 and wasn't even a starter in college. He just has too much catching up to do.

Daniel only turned 22 in September and was the anchor of his Minnesota Gophers team. With zero G-League experience--let alone NBA experience like Fi has--he already looks like he belongs.

IOW: Daniel's ceiling may be low, but Fi's floor is the basement. You're trying to win a championship here, not run a prep school.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#53 » by esqtvd » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:16 am

playaloc916 wrote:Very nice bounce back win with everyone getting involved. I liked the constant motion and movement. I just wished there was a bit more penetration, as I saw the Twolves get to the rim fairly easily and hoped we could do the same.

An under control Reggie is a good Reggie. When he slows the game down and tries to set things up instead of playing recklessly, he's actually pretty effective. Maybe this is where Billups and Atkinson can get to him. If he is more consistent, that missing "point guard" position could be his for the taking.

And did anyone see that weird dribbling Reggie was doing to run out the shot clock at the end? It was like he wanted to bust out some streetball dribbling, but stopped himself, lol.

Cool, Mr. Playa. We could sure use a Reggie fan around here. :lol:
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 533

Post#54 » by Kelphus » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:17 am

Lou Will really good.Kennard starting to show good stuff.

Encouraging,even without two of our top six guys.
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#55 » by TheNewEra » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:33 am

esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

I just meant physically imposing. Fi is far more athletic--which is why I think the Clips traded up for him. But he's already 23 1/2 and wasn't even a starter in college. He just has too much catching up to do.

Daniel only turned 22 in September and was the anchor of his Minnesota Gophers team. With zero G-League experience--let alone NBA experience like Fi has--he already looks like he belongs.

IOW: Daniel's ceiling may be low, but Fi's floor is the basement. You're trying to win a championship here, not run a prep school.

Plenty of championship teams have developed young players in the hopes of them becoming key cogs later. It’s how the Spurs maintained for so long with random role players. The roster itself is no where near set after the 8th man on the team that we shouldn’t hope for growth.

Fi was a key rotation player and star on the team his last year in college. You think Florida State gets to where it was and bouncing Zion without him?

Oturu will need time so I hope they will be patient to see what he can do. You can rely on vet min older players for so much before you need more internal growth.

I Wish him the best of luck for whatever is next
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#56 » by TheNewEra » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:34 am

Kelphus wrote:Lou Will really good.Kennard starting to show good stuff.

Encouraging,even without two of our top six guys.

That sore knee needs to be dealt with soon
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#57 » by esqtvd » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:38 am

TheNewEra wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:

Plenty of championship teams have developed young players in the hopes of them becoming key cogs later. It’s how the Spurs maintained for so long with random role players. The roster itself is no where near set after the 8th man on the team that we shouldn’t hope for growth.

Fi was a key rotation player and star on the team his last year in college. You think Florida State gets to where it was and bouncing Zion without him?

Oturu will need time so I hope they will be patient to see what he can do. You can rely on vet min older players for so much before you need more internal growth.

I Wish him the best of luck for whatever is next

Please don't get me wrong--Fi has a higher ceiling. I just don't think the Clippers will be able to invest the PT he needs to develop at his age to be of any use. This is a do-or-die season. If anyone gets the developental PT it's obvious the Clippers org [Jerry West?] has already decided it's Terance Mann.

And I agree. NBA body, his mom was an NCAA coach. T-Mann understands the game. He could put in some real NBA minutes before this is all over.

Fi needs to go play elsewhere because he's not going to get any minutes here. In just a few weeks, Oturu has already lapped him and he's only 22.
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Post#58 » by playaloc916 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:42 am

esqtvd wrote:
playaloc916 wrote:Very nice bounce back win with everyone getting involved. I liked the constant motion and movement. I just wished there was a bit more penetration, as I saw the Twolves get to the rim fairly easily and hoped we could do the same.

Hey, you never know... A few years ago he was a pretty big signing for the Thunder... Maybe this is the year he turns back the clock :pray:
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#59 » by esqtvd » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:02 am

playaloc916 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Hey, you never know... A few years ago he was a pretty big signing for the Thunder... Maybe this is the year he turns back the clock :pray:

Reg and Lou had something going together before the COVID hit. Lou got to play his natural position which is the 2. He's a shooting guard. SGs are pathetic defensively, :lol: by definition--their job is to shoot and make baskets. Lou did it again tonight.

Reggie's job was to bring the ball up, feed Lou, and hit the 3 if Lou kicked it back out to him. And Reggie was hitting 40% on those open 3s.

Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater, eh? A lot of things were going right last year before the COVID blew them up.
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,428

Post#60 » by TrueLAfan » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:42 pm

Watched the game on tape, after first seeing/sympathizing with Miami for the 47 points loss. But not sympathizing much: they’re still a really good team; the loss means as much as ours did. So—takeaways from the Minnesota game:

Batum is the man. He does whatever is necessary, in whatever amount is necessary, to help the team. If the first games are any indication, he’s completely recovered from the thumb injury last year, as his (excellent) shooting shows.

Semi-breakout game for Kennard. I’m worried less about him. He’s always shot well; shooters have off games, or (occasional) off weeks. Then they come around. He's coming around.

Since I‘ve always been vaguely mystified by the Reggie hate, I’m glad he had an above average game for him. He is what he is.

The three young guys. I’m forming more hard and fast opinions, and am going to post them in the Kabengele forum. In short, Oturu looks like an NBA player, Mann might be an NBA player, and Kabengele looks out of his depth, especially in a team context.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers