ImageImageImage

Heat vs Bucks part 1 of 2: 12/29/2020 Tues 7:30PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,632

Re: Heat vs Bucks part 1 of 2: 12/29/2020 Tues 7:30PM EST 

Post#481 » by Kobewade11 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:57 am

Jinsaryko wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hm.

I said in the “offseason” this team would rise as far as Bam rises, so I guess I can see where this is going. One thing I can appreciate about a few players that are no longer here was the confidence, even if irrational, that they could be franchise guys. I thought Bam finally turned the corner in that game 5 against Boston but I dont think he has it in him mentally to come out and be that guy every night.
Heat_team02
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Post#482 » by Heat_team02 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:54 am

Bring in Shabazz Napier. :-?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,480

Post#483 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:00 pm

Heat_team02 wrote:Bring in Shabazz Napier. :-?

We could do worse. Shocked he’s still out there.
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,788

Post#484 » by Hallstar » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:28 pm

That's the last thing you need to hear from Bam. I don't expect to beat the Bucks without Jimmy, but Bam def needs to go out with the mindset that he's getting 25 or 30 in the vacuum
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,120

Post#485 » by twix2500 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:02 pm

HeatingUp3 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:The way this roster is made up, it may be better to let Herro play the Ginobli role again. But I know we will at least get 12 more games of this broken offense and defense

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Why 12?
Just looking at Spo history. Might be different because of a shorten season. But usually experiment at least for 15 games

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,120

Post#486 » by twix2500 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:11 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:
Jinsaryko wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hm.

I said in the “offseason” this team would rise as far as Bam rises, so I guess I can see where this is going. One thing I can appreciate about a few players that are no longer here was the confidence, even if irrational, that they could be franchise guys. I thought Bam finally turned the corner in that game 5 against Boston but I dont think he has it in him mentally to come out and be that guy every night.
Yeah it is worrisome.

dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,936

Post#487 » by dshearn » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:55 pm

Miami should have had an advantage 'running it back", but so far we are getting very ugly mistakes and turnovers. I guess, Miami is trying to see if Herro can rise to the occasion and lead when Jimmy is out.

I suppose as fans we have to accept many of the possessions last night were all about development.

I don't want to bag on Herro, because I truly do like him, but I hope he at least recognizes that when he goes all Westbrook after rebounds and misses....thats basically a turnover. There have been a few balls in the recent past that should have been easy rebounds with multiple heat players around the ball.... that he has jacked up and the team ends up loosing the ball.

I also hope we have seen the end of the Heat resetting the offense by passing the ball all the way out to the half court line.

The offense was more fluid when they were running hand offs, versus this drive into traffic and attempt to kick the ball out into a scrum of players. What ever that is....its not working.

On the plus side Precious had a couple really good defensive possessions, as did Bradley.
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,306

Post#488 » by Beenie » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:41 pm

dean456 wrote:
Beenie wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote: he thinks he's a point forward or something :o

It's an excuse and rationalization for the fact that his offensive game is poop.

He's not a reliable scorer by any means.

Bam's got no real go-to move.

He isn't an elite finisher for his position.

He hasn't really figured out the correct speed of the game; often plays too fast and gets reckless/clumsy or is too slow to react and allows the defense to adjust to his position.

His passing is also overrated. The dribble hand-offs account for a good amount of his assists.

He does possess great potential but is still a very raw player.

I have to be honest here I'm as big a fan of Bam then most people but what he said is a load of crap, he is capable of doing both getting his teammates involved and getting in attack mode when he needs to. Bam needs to take more notice of moments he can aggressive getting 4 or 5 assists from Bam a game is way less valuable than if he was aggressive.

Also being aggressive doesn't just have to be putting up shots. He could be aggressive dominating the boards or on the defensive end. He didn't do much of any of it tonight and without Jimmy we really needed it today.

What specifically is a load of crap?

Does he have a go-to move?

In your opinion, is he an elite finisher for his position?

Has he mastered the speed of the game?

Does he not rely a lot on dribble handoffs to inflate his assist totals?

BTW, the criticism increases now because there's an expectation that comes along with him signing a max contract.
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,788

Post#489 » by Hallstar » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:08 pm

Beenie wrote:
dean456 wrote:
Beenie wrote:
It's an excuse and rationalization for the fact that his offensive game is poop.

He's not a reliable scorer by any means.

Bam's got no real go-to move.

He isn't an elite finisher for his position.

He hasn't really figured out the correct speed of the game; often plays too fast and gets reckless/clumsy or is too slow to react and allows the defense to adjust to his position.

His passing is also overrated. The dribble hand-offs account for a good amount of his assists.

He does possess great potential but is still a very raw player.

I have to be honest here I'm as big a fan of Bam then most people but what he said is a load of crap, he is capable of doing both getting his teammates involved and getting in attack mode when he needs to. Bam needs to take more notice of moments he can aggressive getting 4 or 5 assists from Bam a game is way less valuable than if he was aggressive.

Also being aggressive doesn't just have to be putting up shots. He could be aggressive dominating the boards or on the defensive end. He didn't do much of any of it tonight and without Jimmy we really needed it today.

BTW, the criticism increases now because there's an expectation that comes along with him signing a max contract.

He's saying what Bam said is a load of crap, he's agreeing with you.
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,306

Post#490 » by Beenie » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:15 pm

Hallstar wrote:
Beenie wrote:
dean456 wrote:

He's saying what Bam said is a load of crap, he's agreeing with you.

:thumbsup:

My bad.

There are lots of Bam bots in these parts who view him and the team in general through rose-colored glasses and refuse to acknowledge any shortcomings.
BaffLer
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,351

Post#491 » by BaffLer » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:52 pm

Couldn't watch the game last night. But damn, the Heat really got beat down lmao.
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,735

Post#492 » by Chalm Down » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:32 am

Dr_Heat wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:opie, there is no amount of ash ketchups that can wash away the stink of this loss

Worst than last years Atlanta game thread ?

undoubtedly
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"

Return to Miami Heat