ImageImageImageImageImage

2020 Presidential Election Thread presents: The Aftermath (Part 2)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

2020 Presidential Election Thread presents: The Aftermath (Part 2) 

Post#1 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:18 pm

last one hit 99 viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2015229

should be the final countdown to the inauguration.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread presents: The Aftermath (Part 2) 

Post#2 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:20 pm

bringing this one forward because i'm intrigued.

Dr Positivity wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:found this piece in the atlantic on "trumpism" fascinating

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/12/deep-story-trumpism/617498/

Articles like this are cute but overcomplicating it - the truth is that Trump supporters think our side is the good guys who are fighting for the law and freedom (of not just America but the world), and your side is the bad guys who are supporting the corrupt tyrants who are on track to destroy our way of life they gain total power. There shouldn't be a divide this clean between good guys and bad guys, except every once in a while there is. Maybe in 2015 it was more complicated but as is often the case, as soon as the bad guys got threatened, they chose tripling down on the darkness route to get away with it, rather than make an attempt to move to the light.

Every villain in history had major parts of the population supporting them. Because they used money and power to control information and manipulate a lot of people.

Personally I'm more confident than just about anything in my life who the good guys are in this fight. Whether they win or lose in the next few weeks I feel history will vindicate that. I could not be more proud to fight for freedom in this moment even if just using words on social media.

thanks for approaching the discussion. especially from the minority perspective in this thread.

wouldn't you suggest that maybe an oversimplification like your supports the concept of aggressive populism as a tenet of "trumpism?"
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,866

Post#3 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:23 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
fleet wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:C'mon man ... can't you muster up anything better than a simple "Yes" before walking away? Forget about the fact that Bernie is doing it. That wasn't my point. My point is that Biden just walked away from a huge softball of a question. That's not what I call fighting for the American people.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I realize that all bets are off nowadays, but Biden is a traditionalist that believes there is only one president at a time. Getting too directly involved in specific legislation is probably a bridge too far. As it should be.

Oh please, spare me the pomp and circumstance.

A bridge too far? What’s so “far” about it? We have a criminal in the WH and we have a Senate majority leader - Biden’s friend! - who has turned his back on the American people during a pandemic which has or is ruining their lives. I think that in today’s pioliticque that no one would make noise about it and, if they did, all the better. A furor over it would be a good thing.

You still haven't figured out that Biden often lets other people fill that role. While you want the President-elect to be more vocal Bernie is taking the lead on this and Biden is not stealing his thunder. It is extremely unlikely they are not on the same page here and that didn't even occur to you
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,439

Post#4 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:50 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
fleet wrote:I realize that all bets are off nowadays, but Biden is a traditionalist that believes there is only one president at a time. Getting too directly involved in specific legislation is probably a bridge too far. As it should be.

A bridge too far? What’s so “far” about it? We have a criminal in the WH and we have a Senate majority leader - Biden’s friend! - who has turned his back on the American people during a pandemic which has or is ruining their lives. I think that in today’s pioliticque that no one would make noise about it and, if they did, all the better. A furor over it would be a good thing.

You still haven't figured out that Biden often lets other people fill that role. While you want the President-elect to be more vocal Bernie is taking the lead on this and Biden is not stealing his thunder. It is extremely unlikely they are not on the same page here and that didn't even occur to you

President by committee? :lol:

Sorry, but America needs a strong leader NOW.

:box:
Free Palestine
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,673

Post#5 » by Pointgod » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:53 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
fleet wrote:I realize that all bets are off nowadays, but Biden is a traditionalist that believes there is only one president at a time. Getting too directly involved in specific legislation is probably a bridge too far. As it should be.

This. The Twitter verse is acting like Bernie is the center of the universe fighting for this when it’s definitely a coordinated plan with Pelosi, Schumer and their respective caucuses. It cracks me up.
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#6 » by Pointgod » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:56 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Biden is not President yet. He’s not going to dictate policy other than support it vs not support it. And honestly that’s how it should be. Just because Trump took a **** all over every norm imaginable doesn’t mean that other Presidents need to do the same. Trump should be treated as an outlier not the new normal.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#7 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:02 pm

Pointgod wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

This. The Twitter verse is acting like Bernie is the center of the universe fighting for this when it’s definitely a coordinated plan with Pelosi, Schumer and their respective caucuses. It cracks me up.

ImageImageImage
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#8 » by Pointgod » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:18 pm

Read on Twitter
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#9 » by Pointgod » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:15 pm

Read on Twitter
bigfnjoe96
General Manager
And1: 3,948

Post#10 » by bigfnjoe96 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:30 pm

Dis for you Clyde....Image

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#11 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:40 pm

Pointgod wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Biden is not President yet. He’s not going to dictate policy other than support it vs not support it. And honestly that’s how it should be. Just because Trump took a **** all over every norm imaginable doesn’t mean that other Presidents need to do the same. Trump should be treated as an outlier not the new normal.

Support it? Is that what we meant when he meekly answered, "yes"? Are you actually making the argument that by Biden taking that opportunity for a passionate plea to our legislature in Congress to pass a $2,000 per person stimulus check to Americans in desperate need is akin to taking "a **** all over every norm imaginable." These are not normal times. This is when a leader is supposed lead. When you have an opportunity to move the ball forward, you take your shot. Who was going to make a big deal about it anyhow? Sean Hannity? LOL

Do you remember when Reagan established a backchannel with Iran during hostage crisis at the time of the 1980 election when he ran against Jimmy Carter? You establishment types bend over backwards to support this meaningless tradition when we have criminals as President and Senate Majority Leader fcking us up the ass. Typical.
Free Palestine
BrOnXKing1
Starter
And1: 604

Post#12 » by BrOnXKing1 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:50 pm

We the people have to stop the steal!
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#13 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:01 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Support it? Is that what we meant when he meekly answered, "yes"? Are you actually making the argument that by Biden taking that opportunity for a passionate plea to our legislature in Congress to pass a $2,000 per person stimulus check to Americans in desperate need is akin to taking "a **** all over every norm imaginable." These are not normal times. This is when a leader is supposed lead. When you have an opportunity to move the ball forward, you take your shot. Who was going to make a big deal about it anyhow? Sean Hannity? LOL

Do you remember when Reagan established a backchannel with Iran during hostage crisis at the time of the 1980 election when he ran against Jimmy Carter? You establishment types bend over backwards to support this meaningless tradition when we have criminals as President and Senate Majority Leader fcking us up the ass. Typical.

You actually think your bluntness and outrage is a negotiating point which makes you the least qualified person to give anyone advice on how to negotiate.
ImageImageImage
BrOnXKing1
Starter
And1: 604

Post#14 » by BrOnXKing1 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:14 pm

bigfnjoe96 wrote:Dis for you Clyde....Image

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Don't care how radical she is, she is wife material lol
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#15 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:28 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

You actually think your bluntness and outrage is a negotiating point which makes you the least qualified person to give anyone advice on how to negotiate.

Me? Why are you making this a personal matter about me? What’s your point?

WTF is wrong with you?

P.S. Oh, I know. You don’t have a substantive response so you go into personal attack mode. Very narcissistic of you. Thanks.
Free Palestine
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,335

Post#16 » by Phish Tank » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:33 pm

Bernie should have just been like "**** decorum" and told Moscow Mitch to "go **** himself"
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#17 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:33 pm

It asking for Democrats to start sending him potential judicial nominees now is okay? LOL

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-biden-courts-progressive-nominees_n_5fecc527c5b6e7974fd18321
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#18 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:34 pm

Phish Tank wrote:Bernie should have just been like "**** decorum" and told Moscow Mitch to "go **** himself"

I betcha he did in the Senate hallways.
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#19 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:37 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Me? Why are you making this a personal matter about me? What’s your point?

WTF is wrong with you?

P.S. Oh, I know. You don’t have a substantive response so you go into personal attack mode. Very narcissistic of you. Thanks.

you have zero political instincts. deal with it. its the truth
ImageImageImage
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,335

Post#20 » by Phish Tank » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:43 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:Bernie should have just been like "**** decorum" and told Moscow Mitch to "go **** himself"

I betcha he did in the Senate hallways.

Probably.

I want that **** on camera, live on C-Span. About time to add some spice on Capitol Hill

Return to New York Knicks