OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 - ESPN/Fox/Warner Launching Combined Sports Streamer

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#881 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:52 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:Just had to sign up for Spectum. I got TV and Internet( 400 mbps) for $120

That's what I recently got. DVR sucks compared to Uverse but overall it's not too bad. Got HBO Max with it as well.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#882 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:47 am

Don't know if it's been mentioned but if you don't have TNT you can watch the OT feeds on the NBA app for free. There are different camera angles and you just get the arena sound.

Actually kind of like the weird angles and I like to listen to music instead of the announcers anyway.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
mubucks00
Sophomore
And1: 67

Post#883 » by mubucks00 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:25 am

smauss wrote:Has anyone had any experience with VidGo? Appears to have Fox RSN. $10 for 2 months, then $55 after that.

Where did you find that...cants seem to find anything that says that.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#884 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Jan 1, 2021 10:07 pm

mubucks00 wrote:
smauss wrote:Has anyone had any experience with VidGo? Appears to have Fox RSN. $10 for 2 months, then $55 after that.

Where did you find that...cants seem to find anything that says that.
It's up on their website. I signed up and it worked fine for ESPN. Two drawbacks are no DVR and no TNT, so I wouldn't pay full price but at $10 per month it's fine. Ive been using the TNT OT feed on the NBA app for the TNT games and 'finding' the RSN games online :)

For local channels locast.org is great if it's offered in your area. It's free but if you don't make a small donation you get an annoying reminder like every 15 minutes.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
mubucks00
Sophomore
And1: 67

Post#885 » by mubucks00 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 6:00 am

Trying to figure out if they have fox sports wi though. I have sling already, but I'd pay $10 to have a solid fsn wi stream.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#886 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Jan 2, 2021 6:11 am

mubucks00 wrote:Trying to figure out if they have fox sports wi though. I have sling already, but I'd pay $10 to have a solid fsn wi stream.
I doubt it, I live in AZ and they don't carry our local FSN.

smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#887 » by smauss » Mon Jan 4, 2021 5:40 pm

mubucks00 wrote:Trying to figure out if they have fox sports wi though. I have sling already, but I'd pay $10 to have a solid fsn wi stream.

Unfortunately no RFS. I saw FS1 & FS2 and was hoping, but no go! I'll probably cancel before the full price kicks in. The app sucks if you have to cast btw.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,118

OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#888 » by LittleRooster » Tue Jan 5, 2021 4:15 am

I have YouTube tv and probably the only reason I’ve kept it instead of getting cable is I split the cost with my brother.

The only workaround I’ve found is using my folks’ Spectrum login to watch the game on FoxSports Go and then casting it to my tv with a Chromecast.

I get a message that I can’t stream the game using Chromecast but I keep trying 5-6 times and eventually it lets me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#889 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:47 am

glenn wrote:
WiscoKing13 wrote:The only streaming option is at&t now which requires a 2 year contract? Can't believe the NBA is dumb enough to take their product off of YTTV and Hulu. Does anyone know anyone under 45 with a cable box?

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Att TV Now doesn’t require a contract. Not cheap, since you need the “Max” level to get regional sports, but it includes HBO Max access.

Recent news: AT&T is not allowing any new AT&T TV Now subscribers. They are requiring any new subscribers to get their AT&T TV service, which DOES require use of their equipment (TV Now didn't) and DOES require a two-year contract (TV Now didn't).

https://gizmodo.com/at-t-tv-now-is-merging-with-at-t-tv-wait-what-1846043744

This is infuriating. I still have YouTube TV which of course no longer carries Fox Sports Wisconsin. Luckily I am able to watch Fox Sports Wisconsin via the Fox Sports Go app on my Roku Ultra that someone authorized for me, but this is ridiculous.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,674

Post#890 » by chonestown » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:51 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:
glenn wrote:
WiscoKing13 wrote:The only streaming option is at&t now which requires a 2 year contract? Can't believe the NBA is dumb enough to take their product off of YTTV and Hulu. Does anyone know anyone under 45 with a cable box?

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Att TV Now doesn’t require a contract. Not cheap, since you need the “Max” level to get regional sports, but it includes HBO Max access.

Recent news: AT&T is not allowing any new AT&T TV Now subscribers. They are requiring any new subscribers to get their AT&T TV service, which DOES require use of their equipment (TV Now didn't) and DOES require a two-year contract (TV Now didn't).

https://gizmodo.com/at-t-tv-now-is-merging-with-at-t-tv-wait-what-1846043744

This is infuriating. I still have YouTube TV which of course no longer carries Fox Sports Wisconsin. Luckily I am able to watch Fox Sports Wisconsin via the Fox Sports Go app on my Roku Ultra that someone authorized for me, but this is ridiculous.

Gah. Looks like I got in right at the last minute.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#891 » by WRau1 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:28 pm

Reddit scrappers have been top notch so far this NBA/NFL season.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM

Post#892 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:04 am

Looks like AT&T TV now does NOT require a contract, but you DO need to purchase their streaming box for $120 (qualified customers can build that cost into their monthly bill).

And, unless you can live with a capacity of only 20 hours for the cloud DVR (why do we have to use their box if it's a cloud DVR???), You have to pay am extra $10/month.

So, $85/month + $120 equipment for the package with Fox Sports Wisconsin, 20 hour cloud DVR

$95/month + $120 equipment for the package with Fox Sports Wisconsin, unlimited cloud DVR.

For the first year, that's $40/month more than YouTube TV, when you factor in the equipment cost.
97-98

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#893 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:37 pm

FYI for the Wisconsin peeps locast.org just added Madison. It's a steaming service for local channels, it's technically free but it pops up an annoying please donate message so I just give them a few bucks a month. I use it for my locals here in Phoenix and it's worked great and has been especially helpful because where I live antennas are spotty for a couple channels.

GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM

Post#894 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:14 am

https://finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/sinclair-plunges-giving-dim-outlook-201905147.html

Seems like being too stubborn to be able to come to terms with DISH, YouTube TV, and Hulu, cutting off a huge percentage of the viewers of those networks was a really bad idea.

Duh.

I'm hoping this will be a wake-up call to Sinclair. Their strategy didn't work. Now be reasonable, get deals done, and start making your networks available again to viewers who are interested in watching them, but not interested in being forced to switch their TV service.
97-98

hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#895 » by hege53190 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:23 am

Any update on a good way to legally Stream Fox Sports WI? I had Hulu TV however as everyone knows they stopped supporting in December. I was looking at Spectrum but Roku stopped carrying their app. Just pretty frustrated with this whole thing. The only reason I have any type of package is for Bucks/Brewers game and you can't get it without paying $80 / month and another $15 per TV. It is dumb.

I don't think there are any solutions out there. I just want to make sure.
soboMP3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,281

Post#896 » by soboMP3 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:02 am

Uhh, YoutubeTV user here and up until tonight I’ve been able to watch any national ABC/TNT/ESPN game. What gives? How is a National Broadcast blocked out? Back to my other methods I guess.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM

Post#897 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:25 am

soboMP3 wrote:Uhh, YoutubeTV user here and up until tonight I’ve been able to watch any national ABC/TNT/ESPN game. What gives? How is a National Broadcast blocked out? Back to my other methods I guess.

It's blacked out on my YouTube TV as well. Ridiculous. I'm watching the Bally's Wisconsin feed through a relative's account, but I wanted to watch the national broadcast...
97-98

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#898 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:59 am

Spectrum has TNT blacked out as well, watching on BSWI, which I would be doing anyway with Marv doing the game
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM

Post#899 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:09 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Spectrum has TNT blacked out as well, watching on BSWI, which I would be doing anyway with Marv doing the game

Coincidentally, Marv is also blacked out...

... and has been since the bubble
97-98

Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 947

Post#900 » by Lippo » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:10 am

245 blocked on Directv as well..

Return to Milwaukee Bucks