ImageImageImage

Texas Legends opting out of bubble play

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

gottamakeit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,398

Texas Legends opting out of bubble play 

Post#1 » by gottamakeit » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:36 pm

According to the Athletic, 11 franchises will not send a G League affiliate (one being the Texas Legends).

Hollinger: "The biggest issue from the team side is that any assignment of a two-way or prospect must be thought through very carefully. With quarantine rules expected to be similar to those in the Orlando bubble, calling a player up or sending him back down is a massive time sink. As a result, most teams are likely to keep their roster players out of this bubble and use it to evaluate other prospects instead. From the player side, however, this offers a tremendous showcase for those who couldn't make a roster in training camp."

I was hoping we could have sent Tyler Bey & Nate Hinton to get some playing time with the Legends since they aren't expected to get much from the Mavs.
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,039

Re: Texas Legends opting out of bubble play 

Post#2 » by Mr B » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:18 am

gottamakeit wrote:According to the Athletic, 11 franchises will not send a G League affiliate (one being the Texas Legends).

Hollinger: "The biggest issue from the team side is that any assignment of a two-way or prospect must be thought through very carefully. With quarantine rules expected to be similar to those in the Orlando bubble, calling a player up or sending him back down is a massive time sink. As a result, most teams are likely to keep their roster players out of this bubble and use it to evaluate other prospects instead. From the player side, however, this offers a tremendous showcase for those who couldn't make a roster in training camp."

I was hoping we could have sent Tyler Bey & Nate Hinton to get some playing time with the Legends since they aren't expected to get much from the Mavs.

So do the two way players just ride the pine all season just hoping to get some garbage time minutes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gottamakeit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,398

Post#3 » by gottamakeit » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:10 pm

Mr B wrote:
gottamakeit wrote:According to the Athletic, 11 franchises will not send a G League affiliate (one being the Texas Legends).

So do the two way players just ride the pine all season just hoping to get some garbage time minutes?

The 3rd stringers are getting those garbage minutes (Wes, Green, Terry, Boban). Bey and Hinton are going to be inactive (the 16th and 17th players on a 15 man active roster) and so I think its very unlikely that they ever get playing time.
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,039

Post#4 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 1, 2021 12:41 am

gottamakeit wrote:
Mr B wrote:

The 3rd stringers are getting those garbage minutes (Wes, Green, Terry, Boban). Bey and Hinton are going to be inactive (the 16th and 17th players on a 15 man active roster) and so I think its very unlikely that they ever get playing time.

That sucks for their development.

Return to Dallas Mavericks