Haliburton

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,248

Re: Haliburton 

Post#101 » by Chanel Bomber » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:19 am

He was the best prospect in this draft in my opinion.

I think he has a shot at becoming a great player, and possibly an all-timer. He can play on-ball and off-ball, and his scoring efficiency shows that there is room for a significant increase in volume. Defensively, he has the perfect size and length to switch and defend across multiple positions. And he seems to be a culture changer. All in all, just a winner.

He reminds me of a cross between Penny Hardaway in the half-court (without the otherwordly athleticism) and Klay Thompson (without the nanosecond-fast release). More importantly, I can definitely see him starting for a team in the NBA Finals 5 or 6 years from now.

I'm still mad at the fact the Knicks passed on him.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,210

Post#102 » by EvanZ » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:53 am

Let me know when he cracks 15% USG.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,183

Post#103 » by clyde21 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:02 am

EvanZ wrote:Let me know when he cracks 15% USG.

does he need to?
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#104 » by EvanZ » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:16 am

clyde21 wrote:

does he need to?

I mean yes unless his path to stardom is being Draymond. It's just silly the way people are talking about this kid. Nobody has a clue what he actually is.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#105 » by clyde21 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:20 am

EvanZ wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

does he need to?

I mean yes unless his path to stardom is being Draymond. It's just silly the way people are talking about this kid. Nobody has a clue what he actually is.

his assist rate for his usage is absolutely elite, can knock down open shots, run half-court sets and defend both up and down a position...what do you mean we don't know what he is?

his high impact on low usage is exactly why he's such a good prospect.
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,216

Post#106 » by SNPA » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:28 am

EvanZ wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

does he need to?

Wired take. Reread this thread, the kid is doing what many saw he could do. He is exactly who we thought.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#107 » by EvanZ » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:44 am

SNPA wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
does he need to?

Wired take. Reread this thread, the kid is doing what many saw he could do. He is exactly who we thought.

Wired. Yes. Also LMAO at reread the thread. A thread that wasn’t even started until April of this year. :lol: “We saw” :lol:
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#108 » by pcbothwel » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:10 pm

clyde21 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
does he need to?

his assist rate for his usage is absolutely elite, can knock down open shots, run half-court sets and defend both up and down a position...what do you mean we don't know what he is?

his high impact on low usage is exactly why he's such a good prospect.

I had him in my top 3 and then slightly down to top 6. I sorta agree with Evan though. He is such a smart, high IQ player that I have no doubt he will succeed and early.. the question with him was that he does a few things very well, but once the league catches up to him, does he have the tool box to improve, specifically as a scorer off the dribble.
As a Wiz fan, it feels very Otto Porter-esque. High IQ, great efficiency, great team defender... but lets see if the tool box expands and the poor frame/athletic limitations rear their ugly head at some point.
kb02
Bench Warmer
And1: 631

Post#109 » by kb02 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:33 pm

Usage? Of all the stats to cite, you cite usage? Just lolzzzzzzz.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#110 » by EvanZ » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:40 pm

kb02 wrote:

Uh yeah. That's the relevant one to be concerned about.
kb02
Bench Warmer

Post#111 » by kb02 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:45 pm

EvanZ wrote:
kb02 wrote:

Really? Please enlighten.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#112 » by EvanZ » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:47 pm

kb02 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
kb02 wrote:

It's already been discussed. I don't have time to explain very basic stuff like this. If you don't know, go do some research on your own.
kb02
Bench Warmer

Post#113 » by kb02 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:50 pm

EvanZ wrote:
kb02 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

It's already been discussed. I don't have time to explain very basic stuff like this. If you don't know, go do some research on your own.

Can't defend a basic position, ehh? Got it.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#114 » by EvanZ » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:55 pm

There’s no need to defend what is patently obvious. It’s like asking me to explain why 3pt shooting is good.
kb02
Bench Warmer

Post#115 » by kb02 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:57 pm

EvanZ wrote:There’s no need to defend what is patently obvious. It’s like asking me to explain why 3pt shooting is good.

You do understand that usage is an input. Not an output, right? Yet, you cite it as the key variable? Just lolzzzzzzz.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#116 » by EvanZ » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:33 pm

kb02 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:There’s no need to defend what is patently obvious. It’s like asking me to explain why 3pt shooting is good.

You do understand that usage is an input. Not an output, right? Yet, you cite it as the key variable? Just lolzzzzzzz.

I understand that most players that can’t create easy shots have low usage. Lolz
kb02
Bench Warmer

Post#117 » by kb02 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:48 pm

EvanZ wrote:
kb02 wrote:

I understand that most players that can’t create easy shots have low usage. Lolz

So you cite stats that you don’t understand. Got it. Generally not a good idea to take a position based on input data.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#118 » by clyde21 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:31 pm

EvanZ wrote:
kb02 wrote:

you realize that not everyone on a team can be high usage right?

if usage is why u don't like Hali stick to the LaMelo thread.
kb02
Bench Warmer

Post#119 » by kb02 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:24 pm

clyde21 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
kb02 wrote:You do understand that usage is an input. Not an output, right? Yet, you cite it as the key variable? Just lolzzzzzzz.

Think it's pretty clear that stats, much less math is not a strength of his. If we asked him to build the perfect team, he'd have the following starting line up:

PG: Westbrook
SG: RJ Barrett
SF: Wiggins
PF: Bagley
C: High usage center.

Usage % is not capped at 100% in his world.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#120 » by EvanZ » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:26 pm

clyde21 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
kb02 wrote:You do understand that usage is an input. Not an output, right? Yet, you cite it as the key variable? Just lolzzzzzzz.

I mean yeah. That’s a huge difference between them and why I am much higher on Melo.

Return to NBA Draft