Re: Game 1: Hawks vs Nets - Wednesday, 12/30/20 | 7:30pm EST | YES 

Post#221 » by Paradise » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:01 pm

Read on Twitter
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#222 » by Sharcm1 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:26 pm

Caris is trying to do too much. I think he trying to be like Irving and Durant. But that’s not his game. He has to play his game and he will be fine. That’s driving and setting up his teammates. He is a better point guard than shooting guard and always was. That’s his game.
StepBackCrack
Starter
And1: 3,083

Post#223 » by StepBackCrack » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:19 pm

MGrand15 wrote:KD is just insane. He's doing this and all year he's been missing shots inside he normally makes - those fadeaway floaters. I can't believe there's another level to this. Just ridiculous. This guy is just way too good.

I watched him almost all his career and I'm still amazed at how easy he makes the game look and how easy he adapts to any team. So far this season, it feels like he is mostly just taking it easy out there and not stressing himself much and yet averaging numbers most players would dream of lol. One of a kind. Just hope he stays healthy. He is just getting started. Warming up so far. :lol:
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#224 » by Prokorov » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:27 pm

Papi_swav wrote:I'm not worried about Levert, he shot 4-13 today which isn't horrible but he also had 8 assists, hes more than just a scorer. He will have stretches where he averages like 25 points in a 7 game stretch and we will all love him again. He just need to stop chucking up so much 3s, especially those step back 3s I can't stand that. He will figure it out, he just needs to keep attacking and get to his mid range and the paint, that's his bread and butter. He will be in the run for 6MOY.

This is who levert is. he will get you volume scoring on below avg shooting and poor efficiency with a few games here and there were he plays great. which si fine off the bench. he needs to defend though.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#225 » by DarkXaero » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:19 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:I'm not worried about Levert, he shot 4-13 today which isn't horrible but he also had 8 assists, hes more than just a scorer. He will have stretches where he averages like 25 points in a 7 game stretch and we will all love him again. He just need to stop chucking up so much 3s, especially those step back 3s I can't stand that. He will figure it out, he just needs to keep attacking and get to his mid range and the paint, that's his bread and butter. He will be in the run for 6MOY.

This is who levert is. he will get you volume scoring on below avg shooting and poor efficiency with a few games here and there were he plays great. which si fine off the bench. he needs to defend though.
I don't think it's fine. He's officially the 3rd option in our offense, and often the #1 option on the floor as he comes off the bench. We've actually made him the 6th man to lead the bench unit in order to accommodate his strengths, and minimize his weaknesses (poor off ball player), yet he's still playing extremely poorly. He needs to be better, there are no excuses left anymore. And if he doesn't significantly improve from where he is right now, then I'm fully in favor of trading him for an upgrade at the deadline.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,559

Post#226 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:46 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I don't think it's fine. He's officially the 3rd option in our offense, and often the #1 option on the floor as he comes off the bench. We've actually made him the 6th man to lead the bench unit in order to accommodate his strengths, and minimize his weaknesses (poor off ball player), yet he's still playing extremely poorly. He needs to be better, there are no excuses left anymore. And if he doesn't significantly improve from where he is right now, then I'm fully in favor of trading him for an upgrade at the deadline.

The issue is that he may not have enough value to get an upgrade. Other GMs can see the numbers too.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#227 » by DarkXaero » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:40 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

The issue is that he may not have enough value to get an upgrade. Other GMs can see the numbers too.
Well obviously, we gotta package him with assets to get an upgrade. Thankfully, we do have assets to work with.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Post#228 » by therealbig3 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:12 pm

Caris needs to play better on both ends of the court obviously.

He's had ONE good shooting game all year, against Boston in game 2...the game he had 7 TOs in.

I kind of take his assists numbers with a grain of salt too...he's getting assists imo because there's no other ball handler when he's playing, he's the 6th man that comes in when Kyrie and Durant go to the bench for the most part, so he's the guy with the ball in his hands the majority of the time he's out there. I do think he's a good passer, but most lead guards will generate assists simply by having the ball a lot. I don't think it really in any way makes up for the piss poor shooting on a lot of bad shot selection if we're being honest.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Post#229 » by therealbig3 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:15 pm

LOL, I find it funny how some of the same people saying Caris will be fine, just give him some time were the same people that decided Shamet sucks and has no role here and we made a huge mistake trading our 1st rounder and Musa for him...giving him time wasn't an option apparently. Even though Levert is in his 5th season and has had ample opportunity to show us he can be legit on a consistent basis and hasn't done that yet.
StepBackCrack
Starter
And1: 3,083

Post#230 » by StepBackCrack » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:43 pm

I agree that Levert has no excuses to look this bad already. Even his defense isn't good so he isn't contributing much on either side so far. He often just makes the wrong decisions unfortunately. Why not make his role more simple? Just take the open shot or drive to the lane if there are not passing options? If there is KD or Kyrie with you on court, you simply give them the ball unless you are fully open? It feels like Levert tries to do too much and it just won't work because he isn't good enough.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#231 » by Prokorov » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:04 am

DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:I don't think it's fine. He's officially the 3rd option in our offense, and often the #1 option on the floor as he comes off the bench. We've actually made him the 6th man to lead the bench unit in order to accommodate his strengths, and minimize his weaknesses (poor off ball player), yet he's still playing extremely poorly. He needs to be better, there are no excuses left anymore. And if he doesn't significantly improve from where he is right now, then I'm fully in favor of trading him for an upgrade at the deadline.

Well obviously, we gotta package him with assets to get an upgrade. Thankfully, we do have assets to work with.

We actually dont. Allen is a rental/in a walk year and not signing an extension signals other teams he wants big money. our picks are meh/the same most teams can give. A team has to think highly of levert for it to work
Khashbaatar
Junior
And1: 164

Post#232 » by Khashbaatar » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:10 am

"It's obvious, it's glaring"
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#233 » by Prokorov » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:42 am

Khashbaatar wrote:"It's obvious, it's glaring"