Game 5 : Cleveland Cavaliers (3-1) @ Indiana Pacers (3-1) - 3:00PM 

Post#1 » by ducler » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:28 pm

Read on Twitter
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Re: Game 5 : Cleveland Cavaliers (3-1) @ Indiana Pacers (3-1) - 3:00PM 

Post#2 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:19 pm

WoW Turner with the driving layup early!

Aaron Holiday starting, Brogdon playing great in the early going.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#3 » by Topofthekey » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:41 pm

Happy New Year guys. I'm writing this from 2021. Can confirm the world hasn't ended yet. Enjoy the rest of your 2020
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 825

Post#4 » by Pacersike » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:55 pm

It's a weird world we live in.

Headcoaches wearing face masks when strolling the sideline, taking them off when shouting instructions in the faces of the player lineup during time-outs.

It's like the NBA screams for aid, to get health instructions, physical health in this case and without any doubt also for finances.
They just can't get awareness themselves on how all those player contracts get way way way out of proportion.

Stop the madness, don't invest in people who are incapable of showing any sign of moderation. Invest in mother nature in stead.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Post#5 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:55 pm

Surprised the refs rewarded the acting from Drummond with flagrant called on Aaron Holiday. Could clearly see Aaron trying to cut off a clear lane and Drummond threw a shoulder into him and then dove the opposite.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:58 pm

Pacersike wrote:It's a weird world we live in.

Headcoaches wearing face masks when strolling the sideline, taking them off when shouting instructions in the faces of the player lineup during time-outs.

It's like the NBA screams for aid, to get health instructions, physical health in this case and without any doubt also for finances.
They just can't get awareness themselves on how all those player contracts get way way way out of proportion.

Stop the madness, don't invest in people who are incapable of showing any sign of moderation. Invest in mother nature in stead.

I’m a “live simply” hippie naturalist myself and you’re gonna have to translate this for me. :lol:
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#7 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:24 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Surprised the refs rewarded the acting from Drummond with flagrant called on Aaron Holiday. Could clearly see Aaron trying to cut off a clear lane and Drummond threw a shoulder into him and then dove the opposite.

Who's the bigger ham Drummond or Exum?
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#8 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:27 pm

NBA refs are total garbage! Is it incompetency or just out right bias and being crooked?
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#9 » by Jake0890 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:01 pm

Drummond eating us alive on the boards and inside. There's a significant difference in the Domas-centric offense when we play a team that can match his size and physicality. Even so, the team is playing pretty well and we're taking care of business (famous last words...)
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#10 » by Jake0890 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:05 pm

Also, Kelan Martin entering the rotation with Warren out is interesting. Doug seems to be the biggest beneficiary in terms of overall minute increases. Kelan hasn't been able to buy a bucket - he's just kinda a body out there.

I had figured we might see a little Jakarr or Cassisus, but that hasn't been the case so far.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by Topofthekey » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:11 pm

Lol the refs are on to Drummond
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#12 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:22 pm

Who's the biggest beast? Dom or Dougie!?
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by Topofthekey » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:29 pm

I see how it is. When you played the Cavs, even your 3rd unit look like good players
Pacersike
Analyst

Post#14 » by Pacersike » Sun Jan 3, 2021 5:12 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:

I’m a “live simply” hippie naturalist myself and you’re gonna have to translate this for me. :lol:

Don't invest money or much time in people who prefer to live in a way that is the opposite of our lifestyles.

I love watching the game of basketball, but the financial excesses make me turn away from it.

The crowd has more power than it realizes, it just has to be less dependant of the modern bread and games.

In other words, involve others in your simple lifestyle. Spread the greatness of simplicity to as many people as you can, NBA included.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Jan 3, 2021 3:00 pm

Pacersike wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Don't invest money or much time in people who prefer to live in a way that is the opposite of our lifestyles.

I love watching the game of basketball, but the financial excesses make me turn away from it.

The crowd has more power than it realizes, it just has to be less dependant of the modern bread and games.

In other words, involve others in your simple lifestyle. Spread the greatness of simplicity to as many people as you can, NBA included.

So, we shouldn’t invest in it, but we should keep watching it and bring others along? Seems like investing more, doesn’t it?
Pacersike
Analyst

Post#16 » by Pacersike » Mon Jan 4, 2021 9:13 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:So, we shouldn’t invest in it, but we should keep watching it and bring others along? Seems like investing more, doesn’t it?

No, I mean turn away from the game for a while (unless it's all free) and try doing what I do to you now and others: encouraging others to do the same. It's a great world out there, the NBA is turning itself into a despicable one.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Jan 4, 2021 9:23 pm

Pacersike wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:So, we shouldn’t invest in it, but we should keep watching it and bring others along? Seems like investing more, doesn’t it?

No, I mean turn away from the game for a while (unless it's all free) and try doing what I do to you now and others: encouraging others to do the same. It's a great world out there, the NBA is turning itself into a despicable one.

Oh. Seemed counter-intuitive that was your meaning as you were also talking about watching the game. But, alas, we move on.

Hope you’re healthy and well.
Pacersike
Analyst

Post#18 » by Pacersike » Mon Jan 4, 2021 10:18 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Pacersike wrote:

Oh. Seemed counter-intuitive that was your meaning as you were also talking about watching the game. But, alas, we move on.

Hope you’re healthy and well.

I'm good, thank you! Keep spreading out the positive vibes to our team and everyone. I'll be reading boxscores for the most part.

Return to Indiana Pacers