Moderator: THE J0KER

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: Nuggets' broadcast issues 

Post#61 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Jan 1, 2021 1:51 am

TunaFish wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:So I spent some time today investigating all of the online options for watching Nuggets games. Things like Hulu and such. Here's one website that basically says "Altitude doesn't cooperate with anyone" (my paraphrase).

What Channels Offer the Denver Nuggets Game Live Stream?
All NBA teams offer the bulk of their games on regional sports channels. So, in this instance Denver fans would have an easier time watching these games than someone in Detroit because they wouldn’t have the required regional channel. Most regional channels are available online, making it easier than ever to watch sports without cable.

When it comes to regional channels, Nuggets games air on Altitude Sports. Unfortunately, this is one of the only channels not available through any streaming services currently. You can also watch NBA games (including NBA Playoffs) on nationwide channels, including TNT, NBA TV, and ESPN are all available through streaming services and will allow you to get a Denver Nuggets live stream.

How to Watch the Denver Nuggets Game Streaming without Cable
Most services offer some or all of the nationwide channels you’ll need to watch the Denver Nuggets without cable. While you can’t get the regional channel, you’ll be able to use services like fuboTV and Hulu with Live TV to watch most of the channels you need. Other services will include all of them. Luckily, you’ll be able to try each of these services out and if you don’t like your first pick, you can always cancel and try another one.

No matter what service you choose, the process is pretty similar. You’ll sign up, which takes a few minutes. After that, all the hard work is done and you’re ready to start streaming. You can use many different devices to stream including mobile devices, Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, gaming consoles, computers, and other devices.

Basically, Altitude isn't available hardly anywhere.

You could switch to Directv. The NBA has a contract with them and Altitude does the broadcast.

It is very tempting, but the rest of the family wants Dish. I have found other options, but nothing live. I do not have a cable option, nor do I have any true high speed internet options. My best is a low speed DSL. So I get a lot of buffering. It's very frustrating, but unless I'm willing to pay for Dish & Directv - it is what it is.

I just think it's terrible that average folk get caught in the battles of the rich people. If you want to see how bad it can get, look at some of the California areas/teams/sports where this has been going on for a while.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#62 » by TunaFish » Fri Jan 1, 2021 5:27 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
TunaFish wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:So I spent some time today investigating all of the online options for watching Nuggets games. Things like Hulu and such. Here's one website that basically says "Altitude doesn't cooperate with anyone" (my paraphrase).

What Channels Offer the Denver Nuggets Game Live Stream?
All NBA teams offer the bulk of their games on regional sports channels. So, in this instance Denver fans would have an easier time watching these games than someone in Detroit because they wouldn’t have the required regional channel. Most regional channels are available online, making it easier than ever to watch sports without cable.

When it comes to regional channels, Nuggets games air on Altitude Sports. Unfortunately, this is one of the only channels not available through any streaming services currently. You can also watch NBA games (including NBA Playoffs) on nationwide channels, including TNT, NBA TV, and ESPN are all available through streaming services and will allow you to get a Denver Nuggets live stream.

Basically, Altitude isn't available hardly anywhere.

You could switch to Directv. The NBA has a contract with them and Altitude does the broadcast.

It is very tempting, but the rest of the family wants Dish. I have found other options, but nothing live. I do not have a cable option, nor do I have any true high speed internet options. My best is a low speed DSL. So I get a lot of buffering. It's very frustrating, but unless I'm willing to pay for Dish & Directv - it is what it is.

I just think it's terrible that average folk get caught in the battles of the rich people. If you want to see how bad it can get, look at some of the California areas/teams/sports where this has been going on for a while.

Not trying to sell you on Directv or anything but I am not following what Dish has available that Directv does not (except different price structure). Major sports have contracted with Directv. I am not aware that there are channels available only on Dish and not on Directv. Perhaps you should check this out but I don't think you need both systems.

I too live in an area with limited access, away from any city and deep in the woods, so I understand your difficulties.

My understanding is that Dish is in serious financial trouble and has cut a number of channels to save money. CBS stations have been advertising this issue locally. Good luck!
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#63 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Jan 1, 2021 9:27 pm

TunaFish wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
TunaFish wrote:

Not trying to sell you on Directv or anything but I am not following what Dish has available that Directv does not (except different price structure). Major sports have contracted with Directv. I am not aware that there are channels available only on Dish and not on Directv. Perhaps you should check this out but I don't think you need both systems.

I too live in an area with limited access, away from any city and deep in the woods, so I understand your difficulties.

My understanding is that Dish is in serious financial trouble and has cut a number of channels to save money. CBS stations have been advertising this issue locally. Good luck!

Yeah, I agree. I have four senior citizens (counting myself) and two 40 somethings all living in this massive structure we call home. The Directv packages just don't work at all for three of them. But I may give in if I can get them to cut their Dish package down to half of the channels that we get (one of the biggest packages). Directv package needs to be bumped past minimum to get the basketball I like. But I surely am considering it.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#64 » by The Rebel » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:34 am

DirectTv was considerably more expenses than Dish last time I priced shopped them, we went with Directv because of the sports and my special needs daughter watches 1 of the channels that Dish doesn't even carry. Right now Direct has a big discount available if you are a new customer I heard.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#65 » by The Rebel » Sat May 22, 2021 2:14 am

The at&t now app does carry Altitude for those that may get blocked out of game 3 you may want to see if you can find a free trial.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#66 » by The Rebel » Tue Jun 1, 2021 9:34 pm

For those that do not know NBA TV is lifting their blackout so you can watch it if you have NBA tv.

Return to Denver Nuggets