ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#381 » by Mylie10 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:32 pm

Ilovethebay wrote:We couldn’t go wrong with either player. With Klay out i think Hali would have been the most useful player for the next year and a half. I do wonder how everyone will feel about Wiseman once his 3 ball % comes back to earth. I’m a little surprised that his post game has been underwhelming so far. Hopefully he will show some polish in that area soon.

Are you serious? The 3 ball is now the indicator of how we all feel about him? And you think some of us are crazy enough to think he’s gonna shoot around 60% from three?

Three point shooting is the last thing I expected this kid to be doing this early. I always knew he had the shot, but did not expect him to take them so confidently this early on. It’s a huge benefit that he can even take them, let alone make them.

His shot has high arc and looks good. And even though it’s a slower release, he’s wide open and properly taking the shot and making teams pay.

But by no means is anybody relying on him shooting high 3point percentages as a barometer to how we feel about him. And yes Om speaking for a lot of people here.

Wiseman is turning into a weird case study. Some people who when they thought about drafting him, had other guys they thought fit better. We heard on and on that the Warriors needed another guard or wing. Why draft a center We heard over and over.

And now that the pick has been made and the kid is showing you what he can do in glimpses, people are looking for any little tidbit they can to discount what we are seeing with our own eyes. I don’t get it.

Bottom line is that he’s a rookie and learning. Every rookie even Haliburton are learning on the fly right now. So let’s enjoy it and root for him and the dubs. Draft is over and he’s on the team. Let’s have more fun and less nitpicking of a 19 year olds game.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Ilovethebay
Senior
And1: 166

Post#382 » by Ilovethebay » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:59 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Ilovethebay wrote:We couldn’t go wrong with either player. With Klay out i think Hali would have been the most useful player for the next year and a half. I do wonder how everyone will feel about Wiseman once his 3 ball % comes back to earth. I’m a little surprised that his post game has been underwhelming so far. Hopefully he will show some polish in that area soon.

Are you serious? The 3 ball is now the indicator of how we all feel about him? And you think some of us are crazy enough to think he’s gonna shoot around 60% from three?

Three point shooting is the last thing I expected this kid to be doing this early. I always knew he had the shot, but did not expect him to take them so confidently this early on. It’s a huge benefit that he can even take them, let alone make them.

His shot has high arc and looks good. And even though it’s a slower release, he’s wide open and properly taking the shot and making teams pay.

But by no means is anybody relying on him shooting high 3point percentages as a barometer to how we feel about him. And yes Om speaking for a lot of people here.

Wiseman is turning into a weird case study. Some people who when they thought about drafting him, had other guys they thought fit better. We heard on and on that the Warriors needed another guard or wing. Why draft a center We heard over and over.

And now that the pick has been made and the kid is showing you what he can do in glimpses, people are looking for any little tidbit they can to discount what we are seeing with our own eyes. I don’t get it.

Bottom line is that he’s a rookie and learning. Every rookie even Haliburton are learning on the fly right now. So let’s enjoy it and root for him and the dubs. Draft is over and he’s on the team. Let’s have more fun and less nitpicking of a 19 year olds game.

Actually, I should be asking you if you are serious. Take your rose colored glasses off and look at his percentages when he is not dunking or shooting threes, it’s concerning. My point that you clearly missed (because you are the head of the Wiseman can do no wrong fan club) is that when his 3 % goes down and his post game doesn’t improve, it will be concerning.

Kudos to you for being on the “Wiseman train” early on but you don’t have run to his defense every time someone has a concern about what they see on the court that’s actually backed up by stats. All of the players on the roster are fair game for criticism, that’s the way message boards work. This den mother attitude that you and a few others have here have about what is fair game to talk about and what’s not is very tiring. That’s why we have moderators.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#383 » by xdrta+ » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:56 pm

Do people who want to trade Wiseman for Haliburton or some other wing really want to play out the season with Looney and some Dedmon level backup at center? That sounds like a sure way to just write off the season.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#384 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jan 1, 2021 1:21 am

Ilovethebay wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

Actually, I should be asking you if you are serious. Take your rose colored glasses off and look at his percentages when he is not dunking or shooting threes, it’s concerning. My point that you clearly missed (because you are the head of the Wiseman can do no wrong fan club) is that when his 3 % goes down and his post game doesn’t improve, it will be concerning.

Kudos to you for being on the “Wiseman train” early on but you don’t have run to his defense every time someone has a concern about what they see on the court that’s actually backed up by stats. All of the players on the roster are fair game for criticism, that’s the way message boards work. This den mother attitude that you and a few others have here have about what is fair game to talk about and what’s not is very tiring. That’s why we have moderators.

Hey bud, I’m not attacking anybody about Wiseman. Merely pointing out he’s a rookie and raw.

And that nitpicking his game after 2-4 games is idiotic
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Ilovethebay
Senior

Post#385 » by Ilovethebay » Fri Jan 1, 2021 1:52 am

Mylie10 wrote:
Ilovethebay wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

Hey bud, I’m not attacking anybody about Wiseman. Merely pointing out he’s a rookie and raw.

And that nitpicking his game after 2-4 games is idiotic

Nitpicking ? I’m a fan of the team and I want him to show more polish in his post game and that’s idiotic. Come on “Bud”, you’re better than that. So much for not attacking anybody about Wiseman :crazy:
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#386 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jan 1, 2021 2:27 am

Wasn’t referring to just you. And again it’s four games
Khoee wrote “
Ilovethebay
Senior

Post#387 » by Ilovethebay » Fri Jan 1, 2021 2:50 am

Mylie10 wrote:Wasn’t referring to just you. And again it’s four games

LOL.That softens it. All good. We want the same things. Trust
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#388 » by ChuckDurn » Fri Jan 1, 2021 3:54 am

Ilovethebay wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

I personally find it hilarious that we think a 19-year old 7-footer with crazy athleticism, work ethic, and skills, and who has only played 7 games above high school level, has a post game which has plateaued.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Ilovethebay
Senior

Post#389 » by Ilovethebay » Fri Jan 1, 2021 5:00 am

ChuckDurn wrote:
Ilovethebay wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

I personally find it hilarious that we think a 19-year old 7-footer with crazy athleticism, work ethic, and skills, and who has only played 7 games above high school level, has a post game which has plateaued.

I find it hilarious that you got that from my comment :lol: I don’t know whose mind you think you’re reading but it’s not mine.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach

Post#390 » by ChuckDurn » Fri Jan 1, 2021 6:43 am

Ilovethebay wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:
Ilovethebay wrote:Actually, I should be asking you if you are serious. Take your rose colored glasses off and look at his percentages when he is not dunking or shooting threes, it’s concerning. My point that you clearly missed (because you are the head of the Wiseman can do no wrong fan club) is that when his 3 % goes down and his post game doesn’t improve, it will be concerning.

I find it hilarious that you got that from my comment :lol: I don’t know whose mind you think you’re reading but it’s not mine.

I don’t know, maybe it’s the words I bolded.
Ilovethebay
Senior

Post#391 » by Ilovethebay » Fri Jan 1, 2021 6:59 am

ChuckDurn wrote:
Ilovethebay wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:I personally find it hilarious that we think a 19-year old 7-footer with crazy athleticism, work ethic, and skills, and who has only played 7 games above high school level, has a post game which has plateaued.

You’re right I typed those words. It wasn’t to say that will happen but that it was a fear of mine. My earlier post clearly said that I hoped he gets more polish on his post game. That more accurately reflects my position. At any rate, my apologies. I certainly hope he turns into a 10 time Allstar.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach

Post#392 » by ChuckDurn » Fri Jan 1, 2021 7:38 am

Ilovethebay wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:
Ilovethebay wrote:I find it hilarious that you got that from my comment :lol: I don’t know whose mind you think you’re reading but it’s not mine.

You’re right I typed those words. It wasn’t to say that will happen but that it was a fear of mine. My earlier post clearly said that I hoped he gets more polish on his post game. That more accurately reflects my position. At any rate, my apologies. I certainly hope he turns into a 10 time Allstar.

No worries, I was just busting your chops..... Happy New Year.....
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#393 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jan 1, 2021 7:40 am

Ilovethebay standing in a karate crouch anytime someone responds to him lol
Khoee wrote “
Ilovethebay
Senior

Post#394 » by Ilovethebay » Fri Jan 1, 2021 7:59 am

Mylie10 wrote:Ilovethebay standing in a karate crouch anytime someone responds to him lol

:lol: Not true. Okay maybe a little
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#395 » by Phase 3 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 5:25 am

“Stars” that could *potentially* hit the market before the start of next season if things go sideways between them and their respective teams. Obviously this list ranges from the superstar to the fringe all star type guy. There’s probably someone I’m forgetting but here it is:

Kawhi- Don’t see him leaving the Clippers. Pipe dream.

Harden- Will cost a lot but definitely available.

Beal- Would cost a lot. Washington has resisted trade speculation involving him for quite a while.

Lavine- Probably would welcome a change of scenery but if Chicago throws a bag at him, I could see him re-signing.

Kevin Love- Too much money for him to come off the bench. Only makes some sense if Wiseman wasn’t here and you could play him next to Draymond.

Blake Griffin- Just can’t see any scenario where this happens unless Draymond demands a trade or something like that.

Oladipo- Does Indiana explore the trade market for him at the deadline if they think he’ll leave this offseason in free agency?

Siakim- You never know what Masai is thinking. Would cost a lot.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#396 » by SAKURABA216 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 10:40 pm

Is there any way we could do a trade with the Kings for Hield and Bagley?

Something like Wiggins + Looney + Paschall+ FRP for Hield + Bagley? I know Kings probably value both of those guys more than that, but it looks like they both want out. For sure they will want Wiseman instead, but Bagley plays zero defense and I think Wiseman has the size and athleticism to be a great defensive player.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,201

Post#397 » by wco81 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 11:29 pm

I thought the Kings wanted to get rid of Hield, because he's going to want more money.

If Haliburton shows he can make 3s at a high efficiency and volume, I'm sure they'd try to get rid of Hield's contract.

They probably want to get rid of Barnes' contract too, before they have to pay Bagley.

Bagley is going to have to show durability and production this season.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#398 » by Kuya » Tue Jan 5, 2021 12:31 am

Speaking of Kings... Harrison Barnes would be an upgrade over Oubre on the wing. We'd need to add in about 4 mil on top of Oubre. Oubre/Looney for Harrison Barnes works on NBA Trade Machine (The thing is we are thin at center) The plus would be Harrison Barnes knows our system already and is an upgrade of Oubre.

(Hield/Barnes for Oubre/Wiggins could work too. Hield could be the sniper guard next to Steph ala Klay. Barnes knows the SF position. Oubre/Wiggins start at the wings for Sac)
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#399 » by killmongrel » Tue Jan 5, 2021 8:33 pm

Kuya wrote:Speaking of Kings... Harrison Barnes would be an upgrade over Oubre on the wing. We'd need to add in about 4 mil on top of Oubre. Oubre/Looney for Harrison Barnes works on NBA Trade Machine (The thing is we are thin at center) The plus would be Harrison Barnes knows our system already and is an upgrade of Oubre.

(Hield/Barnes for Oubre/Wiggins could work too. Hield could be the sniper guard next to Steph ala Klay. Barnes knows the SF position. Oubre/Wiggins start at the wings for Sac)

I wouldn't be opposed to Oubre/Looney for Barnes. But unless Excremento is looking to dump his salary, I don't see why they'd do this.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 424

Post#400 » by superunknown » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:01 pm

killmongrel wrote:
Kuya wrote:Speaking of Kings... Harrison Barnes would be an upgrade over Oubre on the wing. We'd need to add in about 4 mil on top of Oubre. Oubre/Looney for Harrison Barnes works on NBA Trade Machine (The thing is we are thin at center) The plus would be Harrison Barnes knows our system already and is an upgrade of Oubre.

I wouldn't be opposed to Oubre/Looney for Barnes. But unless Excremento is looking to dump his salary, I don't see why they'd do this.

:lol:

Return to Golden State Warriors