ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA XI

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

heezyo2o
Starter
And1: 1,257

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1061 » by heezyo2o » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:42 am

Did Avery Bradley get more money from Miami? Watching the game right now and he's behind Herro, Robinson and Dragic when he could have been starting here
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#1062 » by mcscotty » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:52 am

Julius Randle is going to be an all-star this year.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#1063 » by kblo247 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:34 am

heezyo2o wrote:Did Avery Bradley get more money from Miami? Watching the game right now and he's behind Herro, Robinson and Dragic when he could have been starting here

3 guys who are better than him and helped make the team a Finals team.

Bradley got the same deal
kblo247
RealGM

Post#1064 » by kblo247 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:35 am

mcscotty wrote:Julius Randle is going to be an all-star this year.

Heck no. No team with Randle is good and he makes no team better. He made a team with AD one of the worst defensive teams there was by his sheer presence.
heezyo2o
Starter

Post#1065 » by heezyo2o » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:42 pm

kblo247 wrote:
heezyo2o wrote:Did Avery Bradley get more money from Miami? Watching the game right now and he's behind Herro, Robinson and Dragic when he could have been starting here

Of course they should be ahead of him in the rotation. Did I say otherwise.

I was saying he's the 4th guard in miami when he could have potentially been starting for the Lakers
kblo247
RealGM

Post#1066 » by kblo247 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:33 am

heezyo2o wrote:
kblo247 wrote:

I was saying he's the 4th guard in miami when he could have potentially been starting for the Lakers

Where he was going to start? Over KCP who took his job in the playoffs, shot better, and won a title? Over Bron lol? Over Schroedder? Heck his defensive numbers were not better than Wes last year. And his offense isn't close to a starting Kuzma.

And we haven't touched the elephant in the room of him abandoning the team and there being some hard feelings there, let alone the thought he was full of bull. He wanted to protect his family but moved them to Miami, a city in Florida where COVID numbers are extremely high for the same money and a lesser role. He talked about not wanting to play in the bubble last season before the son excuse and there would be a question of if they got forced back in a bubble is he really someone you want to count on
heezyo2o
Starter

Post#1067 » by heezyo2o » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:44 pm

kblo247 wrote:Where he was going to start? Over KCP who took his job in the playoffs, shot better, and won a title? Over Bron lol? Over Schroedder? Heck his defensive numbers were not better than Wes last year. And his offense isn't close to a starting Kuzma.

And we haven't touched the elephant in the room of him abandoning the team and there being some hard feelings there, let alone the thought he was full of bull. He wanted to protect his family but moved them to Miami, a city in Florida where COVID numbers are extremely high for the same money and a lesser role. He talked about not wanting to play in the bubble last season before the son excuse and there would be a question of if they got forced back in a bubble is he really someone you want to count on

When Bradley was first injured during the regular season, KCP was playing at his best and the team was on a role, but Vogel still put Bradley back into the starting lineup. If KCP/Caruso are in there at the end of games, when are you going to play Bradley...he still needs minutes.

And I think still think Schroeder should come off the bench. He doesn't handle the ball much when Lebron is out there and they go away from AD too much early in the game.

I don't care about the covid issues with Bradley, but the Lakers wanted to re-sign him and that's all that matters.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#1068 » by kblo247 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:01 pm

heezyo2o wrote:
kblo247 wrote:Where he was going to start? Over KCP who took his job in the playoffs, shot better, and won a title? Over Bron lol? Over Schroedder? Heck his defensive numbers were not better than Wes last year. And his offense isn't close to a starting Kuzma.

When Bradley was first injured during the regular season, KCP was playing at his best and the team was on a role, but Vogel still put Bradley back into the starting lineup. If KCP/Caruso are in there at the end of games, when are you going to play Bradley...he still needs minutes.

And I think still think Schroeder should come off the bench. He doesn't handle the ball much when Lebron is out there and they go away from AD too much early in the game.

I don't care about the covid issues with Bradley, but the Lakers wanted to re-sign him and that's all that matters.

If they truly wanted him back they would have gave him a raise on his deal and another two years, but didn't. Bradley signed a 2 year deal with the second year being a team option for the same money he was getting from LA and a bench role.

Avery isn't taking KCP's starting spot when KCP got paid. He isn't taking KCP's spot when KCP made more threes in a playoff run than any Laker ever besides Kobe. It just ain't happening. Now Dennis we can say sure he could have possibly had a shot, but Pelinka said how he wanted him the past two years from OKC. Dennis was top in sixth man of the year voting, a better catch and shoot guy, and had a better year than Avery too. Avery may not have lost his spot had he played in the bubble but he opted out and got replaced by KCP. And he just doesn't provide the playmaking of Dennis, he can't replicate Kuz in a starting role, and his defensive numbers are worse than Wes and Caruso. Avery saw the writing on the wall and dipped. You didn't even see any goodbye, we wish you luck tweets from his teammates

The Lakers wanted him as much as they wanted Dwight. Dwight unlike Markieff wasn't talked to every day. Dwight unlike Kieff wasn't made room for so that deals worked and they had a spot. They gave Dwight some save face treatment with a call, but it wasn't nearly the same as they treated Kieff. They saved some face by saying we want Avery back but then didn't back that with actions to say we want him back. And much like Dwight, you didn't see AD or Bron or Kuz or AC or KCP who all stay on twitter and IG thanking either or saying we go miss you ... They did it for Rondo though
heezyo2o
Starter

Post#1069 » by heezyo2o » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:45 pm

kblo247 wrote:

You can pretend to know that the Lakers didn't want Bradley, but after he signed with Miami, the lakers were almost forced to sign KCP. If KCP took more money somewhere else, they would have been in a bad spot. The Lakers were weighing their options early in FA, but do you really think they didn't want dwight back. The lack of dwight is eye opening already in the first couple games. If Dwight plays against portland, the lakers probably win that game.

Starting and minutes has nothing to do with salary or getting paid. Kuzma got paid, but his minutes/shots probably end up being less than last year. KCP was getting paid more than bradley last year too. Matthews is "only" getting 3 million and could have started. I think KCP/Matthews should start, so I would have no problem with a KCP/Avery Bradley starting either

Schroder is going to get starter minutes regardless of whether he's in the starting lineup or not. AD has gotten to slow starts in the 1st and 3rd quarters when he should really be getting the ball almost every possession IMO. I like Schroder off the bench, I just think it's a better fit. The Lou/Harrell combo with the clippers was great weapon so schroder/harrell PnR should be allowed to develop some chemistry. People wanted to start Schroder to allow Lebron to rest more, but Lebron still initiates the offense the majority of the time whether Schroder is out there or not.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#1070 » by snaquille oatmeal » Fri Jan 1, 2021 12:08 am

kblo247 wrote:
heezyo2o wrote:
kblo247 wrote:3 guys who are better than him and helped make the team a Finals team.

Where he was going to start? Over KCP who took his job in the playoffs, shot better, and won a title? Over Bron lol? Over Schroedder? Heck his defensive numbers were not better than Wes last year. And his offense isn't close to a starting Kuzma.

Not intending to start an argument, but Avery’s family lives in Texas and LA is just as bad if not worse than Miami when it comes to COVID.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#1071 » by tugs » Fri Jan 1, 2021 1:17 am

Man, Wall's been watching Harden dribble dribble and call his own number for successive possessions. Wonder how long this experiment will last
kblo247
RealGM

Post#1072 » by kblo247 » Fri Jan 1, 2021 4:22 am

heezyo2o wrote:
kblo247 wrote:

You can pretend to know that the Lakers didn't want Bradley, but after he signed with Miami, the lakers were almost forced to sign KCP. If KCP took more money somewhere else, they would have been in a bad spot. The Lakers were weighing their options early in FA, but do you really think they didn't want dwight back. The lack of dwight is eye opening already in the first couple games. If Dwight plays against portland, the lakers probably win that game.

Starting and minutes has nothing to do with salary or getting paid. Kuzma got paid, but his minutes/shots probably end up being less than last year. KCP was getting paid more than bradley last year too. Matthews is "only" getting 3 million and could have started. I think KCP/Matthews should start, so I would have no problem with a KCP/Avery Bradley starting either

Schroder is going to get starter minutes regardless of whether he's in the starting lineup or not. AD has gotten to slow starts in the 1st and 3rd quarters when he should really be getting the ball almost every possession IMO. I like Schroder off the bench, I just think it's a better fit. The Lou/Harrell combo with the clippers was great weapon so schroder/harrell PnR should be allowed to develop some chemistry. People wanted to start Schroder to allow Lebron to rest more, but Lebron still initiates the offense the majority of the time whether Schroder is out there or not.

If the Lakers wanted Dwight back they give him the vet min from the jump. Even without factoring in his salary increase they had the option to say here is a two year vet min like with Marc and basically pay him to retire his last year if he so chose, like Duncan and the Spurs final deal knowing he wouldn’t play the second year.

Dwight doesn’t get you to just beat Portland. That isn’t whiteside out there it’s Kanter. The same Kanter who pimped Dwight in Boston last year and over powered him on the glass then too because he’s bigger and stronger than Dwight, and quite honestly one of the best offensive rebounders you will ever see play as a big. Dwight got destroyed by Drummond too this year. Dwight couldn’t play versus Covington either and was benched versus Houston so he ain’t helping with Covington, Hood, Trent, or anything ... and honestly we win that game if Marc closes as they couldn’t exploit Marc on the pick and roll

I mean honestly Javale would be a much more reasonable argument. And I do think they would have kept Javale had he not opted in and took the vet min. He would have been good for the regular season just off sheer depth

But there was a difference between the goodbye reactions Rondo and Green got and the ones Dwight and Bradley got on social media from their teammates.
heezyo2o
Starter

Post#1073 » by heezyo2o » Fri Jan 1, 2021 9:11 am

kblo247 wrote:
heezyo2o wrote:
kblo247 wrote:

If the Lakers wanted Dwight back they give him the vet min from the jump. Even without factoring in his salary increase they had the option to say here is a two year vet min like with Marc and basically pay him to retire his last year if he so chose, like Duncan and the Spurs final deal knowing he wouldn’t play the second year.

Dwight doesn’t get you to just beat Portland. That isn’t whiteside out there it’s Kanter. The same Kanter who pimped Dwight in Boston last year and over powered him on the glass then too because he’s bigger and stronger than Dwight, and quite honestly one of the best offensive rebounders you will ever see play as a big. Dwight got destroyed by Drummond too this year. Dwight couldn’t play versus Covington either and was benched versus Houston so he ain’t helping with Covington, Hood, Trent, or anything ... and honestly we win that game if Marc closes as they couldn’t exploit Marc on the pick and roll

I mean honestly Javale would be a much more reasonable argument. And I do think they would have kept Javale had he not opted in and took the vet min. He would have been good for the regular season just off sheer depth

But there was a difference between the goodbye reactions Rondo and Green got and the ones Dwight and Bradley got on social media from their teammates.

Are you really basing who is wanted more by IG stories.

Dwight gives rebounding and rim protection and that's exactly what's missing. Do you think that Dwight can't do those two things better than Harrell? If you think Javale would have been good and that the lakers would have re-signed him regardless, well Dwight leaving basically was one of the main reasons Javale was traded to make cap room for Gasol. I really don't know how you think the Lakers would have kept Javale, but didn't want Dwight. Even if you don't like Dwight, it's plain to see that he's the superior player to Javale. People talk about Dwight Howard not being playable in the playoffs, but the one who was really unplayable was Javale.

Dwight jumped to Philly hastily and the Lakers were weighing other options, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't have re-signed him in the end.

BTW Bradley started the last game with the Heat
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#1074 » by stan francisco » Fri Jan 1, 2021 5:56 pm

Siakam received disciplinary action from his team, has to sit. He’s definitely a player I’d trade Kuzma (and filler) for if his situation became shaky.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#1075 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Jan 1, 2021 7:09 pm

heezyo2o wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
heezyo2o wrote:

Dwight jumped to Philly hastily

Exactly, Why? He has a house here. He has a wife here, or she was last I checked. Won a championship here. Has a repoire here.
This why I say F DH. He didn't stop to consider what he left us in the last time he was here years ago, after giving him a giant offer. He totally forgot NOONE WANTED HIM, this past year. We picked him up from the trash heap and resurrected his career, his success, and gave him playing time when he couldn't even see the court from other teams. Meaning he saw no good will provided to him, with a Championship organization. And once again, chose to leave for a non contender in Philly. Dwight, good bye, don't care, no blame on us, this is all YOU. Good luck to you, without us even thinking of looking back.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#1076 » by Kilroy » Fri Jan 1, 2021 7:13 pm

heezyo2o wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
heezyo2o wrote:

Are you really basing who is wanted more by IG stories.

Dwight gives rebounding and rim protection and that's exactly what's missing. Do you think that Dwight can't do those two things better than Harrell? If you think Javale would have been good and that the lakers would have re-signed him regardless, well Dwight leaving basically was one of the main reasons Javale was traded to make cap room for Gasol. I really don't know how you think the Lakers would have kept Javale, but didn't want Dwight. Even if you don't like Dwight, it's plain to see that he's the superior player to Javale. People talk about Dwight Howard not being playable in the playoffs, but the one who was really unplayable was Javale.

Dwight jumped to Philly hastily and the Lakers were weighing other options, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't have re-signed him in the end.

BTW Bradley started the last game with the Heat

I think it's pretty clear Bradley burned some bridges with his decision not to play in the bubble, not only with the FO but his team mates as well... So I think the effort to retain him probably wasn't real high.
I think Caruso stepped up enough to let everyone know losing Bradley wasn't going to be that big a deal. Getting Schroder is an upgrade over-all from Rondo (until the playoffs at least)...
Basically, I liked Bradley, but I'm not worried about losing him.

Howard was a great story line last season, but I feel like his impact was greatly over-rated... I'm sure we would have tried to keep him if he hadn't gotten trigger happy... I'm fine with it... Although it seems like Harrell and Morris are a bit redundant...

Maybe at some point we need to look at our mix at the 4/5, but we haven't seen them all at full strength yet so no need to panic.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#1077 » by snaquille oatmeal » Fri Jan 1, 2021 8:31 pm

joking or not this is awkward af

Read on Twitter
Forum permissions