Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,167

Re: 12/31/20 | G5: New Orleans Pelicans vs Oklahoma City Thunder - 7PM CST 

Post#3 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:48 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jan 1, 2021 1:34 am

-Bazley’s shooting struggles continue.
-It feels like shai often sets these guys up for great looks and his teammates blow the shot.
-Smart move by coach D inserting end of bunch guys on a meaningless play to prevent the foul.
-Rough first half for all of the young guys...

-second half was worse. One of those games that didn’t have anything to be excited about. All the young guys sucked. Poku is just god awful.

Read on Twitter
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,284

Post#5 » by Old Man Game » Fri Jan 1, 2021 4:10 am

That was pretty bad. I think the Pels are actually decent but I'm not sure they're THAT decent. Not much to get excited excited there outside of helping the tank.

Sent from my moto g power using RealGM mobile app
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#6 » by Old Man Game » Fri Jan 1, 2021 4:12 am

ThunderBolt wrote:- Poku is just god awful.

Read on Twitter

I have sworn to myself that I'm not going to judge him based on anything he does this season based on how young he is. That's said the guy's going to have to make a huge jump just to even look like a prospect.

Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,018

Post#7 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Jan 1, 2021 4:24 am

Poku already with shoulder injury after missing so many 3's.

SGA really struggling, which is ok since I expected a lot of up and downs this season for him but still want him to be more aggressive.

Bazley is not shooting well but overall I still like what he's doing...he really improved his dribble which is key and his shot doesn't look bad.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jan 1, 2021 4:36 am

Old Man Game wrote:

Read on Twitter

I have sworn to myself that I'm not going to judge him based on anything he does this season based on how young he is. That's said the guy's going to have to make a huge jump just to even look like a prospect.

I think I would prefer he go to the g league. Also, we need to rework his shot. It’s flat and horrible.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#9 » by Old Man Game » Fri Jan 1, 2021 5:33 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:

Read on Twitter

I think I would prefer he go to the g league. Also, we need to rework his shot. It’s flat and horrible.

I'm no shooting coach or anything but it just seems to me if the release point is chest height like he does you'll never be able to get much arc on it.

The fact they had to trade up to get this guy seems very odd in retrospect. When they had to actually make moves to get him I guess I naively assumed they must have had a lot of confidence they were getting a player. Looks more like they got a set of measurements and that's it.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jan 1, 2021 7:39 am

Old Man Game wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:

I'm no shooting coach or anything but it just seems to me if the release point is chest height like he does you'll never be able to get much arc on it.

The fact they had to trade up to get this guy seems very odd in retrospect. When they had to actually make moves to get him I guess I naively assumed they must have had a lot of confidence they were getting a player. Looks more like they got a set of measurements and that's it.

I was listening to Hollinger and Duncan and Hollinger has teased poku quite a bit but even he admitted that he had Poku as a late lottery pick for the same reasons others did. I understand the pick and I’m not saying it won’t work but I question the value of throwing him out there with no training camp and just getting destroyed every night. I’m a pretty big fan playing rookies but this is an entirely new level of bad.
Pokumon
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#11 » by Pokumon » Fri Jan 1, 2021 9:28 pm

Wow tough crowd. Yes poku is playing terribly, really bad shooting and passing/decision making.

He's also the youngest player in the entire nba and is currently averaging 9 rebs 4 assists 2 steals 3 blocks per 36 minutes.

He has an unique skillset and some of it is showing up already despite clearly not being ready for the nba yet. Be patient!
Pokumon
Ballboy

Post#12 » by Pokumon » Fri Jan 1, 2021 9:30 pm

Also you guys are obviously rebuilding. Why care about wins and losses? Should be rooting for higher draft pick.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jan 1, 2021 9:34 pm

Pokumon wrote:Wow tough crowd. Yes poku is playing terribly, really bad shooting and passing/decision making.

He's also the youngest player in the entire nba and is currently averaging 9 rebs 4 assists 2 steals 3 blocks per 36 minutes.

He has an unique skillset and some of it is showing up already despite clearly not being ready for the nba yet. Be patient!

I don't think anyone said anything different than what you stated. He's really bad and will probably continue to be really bad. The question is where he would benefit the most by player right now.
Pokumon
Ballboy

Post#14 » by Pokumon » Fri Jan 1, 2021 9:39 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Pokumon wrote:Wow tough crowd. Yes poku is playing terribly, really bad shooting and passing/decision making.

I don't think anyone said anything different than what you stated. He's really bad and will probably continue to be really bad. The question is where he would benefit the most by player right now.

He definitely belongs in the g league right now, although I'm not sure that's available yet?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jan 1, 2021 9:41 pm

Pokumon wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

He definitely belongs in the g league right now, although I'm not sure that's available yet?

Next month.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder