Dinwiddie - OUT
Claxton - OUT

THEME SONG: Pop Smoke - “Hawk ‘Em”

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Re: Game 2: Hawks vs Nets - Friday, 01/01/21 | 7:30pm EST | YES 

Post#2 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Jan 1, 2021 3:04 pm

Happy new year, friends! Thanks for making the thread, P.

I like the back-to-back common opponent layout of this year's NBA schedule. I think that it adds a layer of impact to coaching with game to game adjustments, and gives players a taste of the postseason, where teams start to pick up on scoring reports and player trends.

The things that led us to the W on Wednesday will be smoked out and intercepted this time around; we're going to need a new way to win. Fortunately for us, we have a pair of superstars, who both understand that they can take a back seat and facilitate if the other is cooking. My guess is that Atlanta will force us to beat them in a different way, sending ball pressure and multiple defenders to Kyrie in the 4th. That's why I suspect we'll see some nice Durant highlights as the closer this time.

We can't expect to see Taurean and Landry shoot 100% from the field again, but hopefully Caris and Timothé balance that by shooting better. We also need a smarter effort defensively. Too often, we lost focus on boxing out, sealing screens, rotating soundly and other fundamentals. The effort is there, it's just the mindset of anticipation that's missing.

Let's go, Nets!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,831

Post#3 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 1, 2021 3:18 pm

I just hope everyone wasn't up late and are locked in and focused.

Here's the issue: Kyrie started off the last game cold from the floor and our guys missed a lot of open looks early on. That won't happen two games in a row.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
StepBackCrack
Starter
And1: 3,083

Post#4 » by StepBackCrack » Fri Jan 1, 2021 3:49 pm

Happy new year everyone. May God make this year this best for you all and all your loved ones. And also the best year for this awesome team. Here is hoping 2021 will be good.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,445

Post#5 » by Stone » Fri Jan 1, 2021 3:54 pm

Not worried about the offense it the defense that needs to be addressed. I just read KD say that our "help defense" was hurting us by giving them a lot of open looks. It will be interesting to see if we see us use a more one on one method tonight.

I was really impressed by the Hawks, very exciting team to watch. Definitely need to watch more of their games.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
OneZilion
Sophomore
And1: 139

Post#6 » by OneZilion » Fri Jan 1, 2021 6:07 pm

Happy New Year Guys!!!

I am new here, so I would like to tell something about myself. I am big Nets fan from Serbia country in Europe from former Yugoslavio (Jokic, Bogdanovic, Stojakovic Peja, Divac) are from Serbia also, Luka is half Serban, my favourite player today in NBA is Kevin Durant in this decade.

I was reading the forum for a while, maybe more dan one year, and now I would like to join you and discuss with you. Dont be angry on me if I make some mistakes with grammar, cause my English is not perfect.

I am big NBA fan, watching NBA since 1995, I am also playing nba fantasy for 15 years and also I love bettinh on nba basketball.

That would be enough for start about me

Tonight I expect easier win than last one, Hunter and Trae are both GTD but anyway... Bogdan Bogdanovic played for Partizan Belgrade that is interesting and I had a chance to watch him live for few years because Partizan is my favourite team in Serbia. Bogdan is hell of a player, but I would say he didnt aclimate best on NBA still, he played much better in Europe and national team, he played in Rio Olympics finals won silver for Serbia and he was best scorer of world cup in China in 2019... he is really nice player

I am very sad cause of Spencer, but show must go on, he was suposed to be glue guy for this team...

I am waiting for Caris and think he has to play better than this, TLC also starter carrer in Mega in Serbia so I wathed him a lot live, he has a talent and is hard worker, nice team guy that work a lot on his game, could have some type of Danny Green carreer....

I would give some minutes maybe to Tyler Johnson, cause we need one more ballhandler in my view, also our best lineup that finish games has to be Ky, Caris, Joe, KD, Allen... Jordan looks also not so good for me, but I see him on a vet role, great friend of stars and nice mentor to JA, I am veru happy cause of Jeff Green he was really a nice pick up, but I want much more from Shamet and Prince...
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#7 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 1, 2021 6:48 pm

OneZilion wrote:Happy New Year Guys!!!

I am new here, so I would like to tell something about myself. I am big Nets fan from Serbia country in Europe from former Yugoslavio (Jokic, Bogdanovic, Stojakovic Peja, Divac) are from Serbia also, Luka is half Serban, my favourite player today in NBA is Kevin Durant in this decade.

I was reading the forum for a while, maybe more dan one year, and now I would like to join you and discuss with you. Dont be angry on me if I make some mistakes with grammar, cause my English is not perfect.

I am big NBA fan, watching NBA since 1995, I am also playing nba fantasy for 15 years and also I love bettinh on nba basketball.

Tonight I expect easier win than last one, Hunter and Trae are both GTD but anyway... Bogdan Bogdanovic played for Partizan Belgrade that is interesting and I had a chance to watch him live for few years because Partizan is my favourite team in Serbia. Bogdan is hell of a player, but I would say he didnt aclimate best on NBA still, he played much better in Europe and national team, he played in Rio Olympics finals won silver for Serbia and he was best scorer of world cup in China in 2019... he is really nice player

I am very sad cause of Spencer, but show must go on, he was suposed to be glue guy for this team...

I am waiting for Caris and think he has to play better than this, TLC also starter carrer in Mega in Serbia so I wathed him a lot live, he has a talent and is hard worker, nice team guy that work a lot on his game, could have some type of Danny Green carreer....

I would give some minutes maybe to Tyler Johnson, cause we need one more ballhandler in my view, also our best lineup that finish games has to be Ky, Caris, Joe, KD, Allen... Jordan looks also not so good for me, but I see him on a vet role, great friend of stars and nice mentor to JA, I am veru happy cause of Jeff Green he was really a nice pick up, but I want much more from Shamet and Prince...

Welcome to the party friend, and no worries your English is fine!

Trae will be playing tonight from what I have read. Last game TLC did an amazing job defending Young late in the game, so I hope we start out with that match up.

I agree, we need to see more from Shamet and Prince. Hopefully Shamet will continue to shoot well like he did last game.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#8 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 1, 2021 6:51 pm

Stone wrote:Not worried about the offense it the defense that needs to be addressed. I just read KD say that our "help defense" was hurting us by giving them a lot of open looks. It will be interesting to see if we see us use a more one on one method tonight.

I was really impressed by the Hawks, very exciting team to watch. Definitely need to watch more of their games.

We have got to stay home on these man to man match ups, we gave up a ridiculous amount of open looks.

If we're going to switch, switch and commit to it. I would rather give up a contested score inside to Collins as opposed to wide open threes.

gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#9 » by gigantes » Fri Jan 1, 2021 7:31 pm

Will be interesting to see if the refs whistle Young any differently this game. You have to think more and more teams are going to complain about ticky-tacky gamesmanship given his methods and ridiculous FT rate so far.

Also, in the wake of Durant's comments about overhelping on D, I'm wondering how much the staff has been able to address that in the interim to better prepare for this dangerous long-shooting team.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#10 » by Papi_swav » Fri Jan 1, 2021 7:48 pm

OneZilion wrote:Happy New Year Guys!!!

Dang I didn't know Serbia had all those great players, they got some legit guys. Welcome to the board friend. I agree with giving Tyler Johnson some minutes, I also would like to see Bruce Brown, they should put him on Trae and see how he do.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#11 » by Claud » Fri Jan 1, 2021 9:19 pm

Many blessings to you and your families Nets fam! Happy new year!
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#12 » by Paradise » Fri Jan 1, 2021 10:02 pm

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Post#13 » by ducler » Fri Jan 1, 2021 10:49 pm

Read on Twitter
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#14 » by Paradise » Fri Jan 1, 2021 11:42 pm

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#15 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jan 2, 2021 12:00 am

Paradise wrote:

This is a good breakdown. I like the options we have on offense.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#16 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jan 2, 2021 12:01 am

Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think right now, leave things as is. Jordan needs to play with more urgency but I like Allen's impact with the 2nd unit

Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#17 » by Sharcm1 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 12:14 am

I think Allen should start. Jordan has been bad. They need to start the games well.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#18 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Jan 2, 2021 12:45 am

MrDollarBills wrote:I just hope everyone wasn't up late and are locked in and focused.

Here's the issue: Kyrie started off the last game cold from the floor and our guys missed a lot of open looks early on. That won't happen two games in a row.

I could easily see some players being off precisely because they were up unusually late.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#19 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jan 2, 2021 12:47 am

Jordan is lazy as hell on the defensive glass.

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#20 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Jan 2, 2021 12:47 am

DJ has one mindless turnover and then throws another bad pass the very next possession. It’s becoming increasingly hard to tolerate him.

Return to Brooklyn Nets