ImageImageImageImageImage

WOJ: Nets, Clippers, Pistons 3 way Deal: Landry Shamet, Bruce Brown to Nets , Kennard to LAC, McGruder, Jaylen Hands, 1

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Re: WOJ: Nets, Clippers, Pistons 3 way Deal: Landry Shamet, Bruce Brown to Nets , Kennard to LAC, McGruder, Jaylen Hand 

Post#81 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:35 am

Can’t compare Levert n Shamet... Levert hands down brings a lot more if not scoring... Levert grew from our draft selection to get where he’s at today.

Shamet was traded for(for our first!) so he should have better expectations since he came in “pro ready” he’s only on his 3rd team in 3 years something like that but he’s an ELITE scorer as some defend. Scorer not player, so he’s one dimensional, and right now he ain’t doing his job.

I don’t think he’s been attacked yet.... trust, i know i haven’t gone after him yet... giving him time(rightfully so) but nothing wrong with stating facts.... 0-8 is fact... 3 made 3PA in 4 game is fact....
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,488

Re: WOJ: Nets, Clippers, Pistons 3 way Deal: Landry Shamet, Bruce Brown to Nets , Kennard to LAC, McGruder, Jaylen Hand 

Post#82 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:01 am

Shamet went 5-5 FG, 2-2 3PT, for 14 points +11 on the floor against a high level opponent (Yes, Atlanta is no joke). Yall were ready to throw him in the garbage huh??? He played better than LeVert, that's for damn sure.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,747

Post#83 » by Rich Rane » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:03 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Shamet went 5-5 FG, 2-2 3PT, for 14 points +11 on the floor against a high level opponent (Yes, Atlanta is no joke). Yall were ready to throw him in the garbage huh??? He played better than LeVert, that's for damn sure.

Great game tonight, but come on, man. There's no denying he sucked every game before tonight.

That said, if anyone wanted to dump him before tonight needs to chill out.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#84 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:06 am

Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Shamet went 5-5 FG, 2-2 3PT, for 14 points +11 on the floor against a high level opponent (Yes, Atlanta is no joke). Yall were ready to throw him in the garbage huh??? He played better than LeVert, that's for damn sure.

Great game tonight, but come on, man. There's no denying he sucked every game before tonight.

Yeah he did, true! but his overall body of work says to me that we need to be patient. Lots of new parts on this team and things will take time.

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#85 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:13 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

Yeah he did, true! but his overall body of work says to me that we need to be patient. Lots of new parts on this team and things will take time.

For those old enough to remember, Shamet is our John Starks. Extremely streaky, can shoot you in and out of games, does just enough of everything else to justify having a decent sized role.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#86 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:21 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

For those old enough to remember, Shamet is our John Starks. Extremely streaky, can shoot you in and out of games, does just enough of everything else to justify having a decent sized role.

Pretty decent comparison lol

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#87 » by Prokorov » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:30 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:I’d feel better off with Bey getting minutes and learning with our current structure with Shamet playing as he is... Bey brings more when not shooting where as Shamet doesn’t seem to.

But it is too small of a sample.. we’ll see.

Detroit is terrible for player evaluation, can’t judge their players lol

I dont think bey brings more. i think shamet is the tougher grittier player and a pest defensively. Maybe bey one day will be a strong defender who makes smart decisions. but no chance he would have provided more then shamet. he'd be sitting next to brown talking about where to get dinner after the game

Shamet is on course to do the same thing. He’s getting closer to ordering Uber eats for everyone...

But lets hope he turns it around tonight

(And he’s really not a pesky defender... he was getting blown by the Grizz over n over... he was a cone with feet)

your ignorance is showing on shamet. he is as pesky as they come. he isnt gonna lock down james harden 1 on 1. be he is super tough and gritty. tons of deflections, tons of rebounds kept alive, lots of strips. he is a pest
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Post#88 » by therealbig3 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:23 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:Can’t compare Levert n Shamet... Levert hands down brings a lot more if not scoring... Levert grew from our draft selection to get where he’s at today.

Shamet was traded for(for our first!) so he should have better expectations since he came in “pro ready” he’s only on his 3rd team in 3 years something like that but he’s an ELITE scorer as some defend. Scorer not player, so he’s one dimensional, and right now he ain’t doing his job.

I don’t think he’s been attacked yet.... trust, i know i haven’t gone after him yet... giving him time(rightfully so) but nothing wrong with stating facts.... 0-8 is fact... 3 made 3PA in 4 game is fact....

I would argue that what Levert is today isn't that good of a player.

Shamet was traded for the 18th pick. We didn't give up a lottery pick, we gave up a mid 1st in a weak draft who was never going to have much of a role here anyway.

Yeah, even with last night's great game, Shamet is still at 35% shooting on 25% from 3. He hasn't done his job well. But it's been 5 games.

Meanwhile, we're still making excuses for Levert and it's been 5 years.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#89 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Jan 1, 2021 1:26 am

Prokorov wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:I dont think bey brings more. i think shamet is the tougher grittier player and a pest defensively. Maybe bey one day will be a strong defender who makes smart decisions. but no chance he would have provided more then shamet. he'd be sitting next to brown talking about where to get dinner after the game

Shamet is on course to do the same thing. He’s getting closer to ordering Uber eats for everyone...

(And he’s really not a pesky defender... he was getting blown by the Grizz over n over... he was a cone with feet)

your ignorance is showing on shamet. he is as pesky as they come. he isnt gonna lock down james harden 1 on 1. be he is super tough and gritty. tons of deflections, tons of rebounds kept alive, lots of strips. he is a pest

No ignorance on my part. I share an opinion based on what I see/saw... when you mentioned pesky after I saw him getting blown by constantly didn't match up. I could call that you have overstated Shamet before even touching the ball for us.

He's active, thats better than nothing. But a lot of guys can fall under that category then.

Are you basing his claims with 5 games for us or career up to this point. I share what I'm seeing as a Brooklyn Net, which is what matters...

Still holding criticism too, he got two shots down last night. So hopefully more to come!
The ModFather

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#90 » by Prokorov » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:07 am

CalamityX12 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Shamet is on course to do the same thing. He’s getting closer to ordering Uber eats for everyone...

No ignorance on my part. I share an opinion based on what I see/saw... when you mentioned pesky after I saw him getting blown by constantly didn't match up. I could call that you have overstated Shamet before even touching the ball for us.

He's active, thats better than nothing. But a lot of guys can fall under that category then.

Are you basing his claims with 5 games for us or career up to this point. I share what I'm seeing as a Brooklyn Net, which is what matters...

Still holding criticism too, he got two shots down last night. So hopefully more to come!

I'm basing nothing on 5 games. im basing it on his entire pro and college career. he is a pest defensively and one of our better defenders for sure. and an elite shooter.

there is no argument. these are indisputable facts
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#91 » by CalamityX12 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:32 am

Prokorov wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I'm basing nothing on 5 games. im basing it on his entire pro and college career. he is a pest defensively and one of our better defenders for sure. and an elite shooter.

You're right. His poor playoff outing, his streak of terrible shooting from what was supposed to be his bread n butter to label him as elite shooter and the dwindling minutes are all indisputable.
The ModFather

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#92 » by Prokorov » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:38 am

CalamityX12 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:No ignorance on my part. I share an opinion based on what I see/saw... when you mentioned pesky after I saw him getting blown by constantly didn't match up. I could call that you have overstated Shamet before even touching the ball for us.

You're right. His poor playoff outing, his streak of terrible shooting from what was supposed to be his bread n butter to label him as elite shooter and the dwindling minutes are all indisputable.

He struggled to shoot while recovering from a deadly virus.... so we can ignore the 700 attempts of elite shooting, becuase of a few weeks after a several month layoff and battle with COVID.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#93 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 4:00 pm

^
Fair point, Prok.

We can give Landry a bit more leash before writing him off, I believe he has elite roleplayer talent. But for the moment, IF it's a conditioning and recovery from COVID thing, we don't need to let him shoot his way out of his slump. Brown has just as impressive of a resume, has a skill set that better fits our needs, and ISN'T recovering from a deadly virus.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#94 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jan 2, 2021 6:34 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing Brown get some time soon. TLC has started three games and has not seized the opportunity, shooting an abysmal 31% from the field.

Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#95 » by Claud » Sat Jan 2, 2021 7:01 pm

Anybody else ready for some Bruce Brown minutes?

Especially with Spencer's injury we need a guard that can play some D out there and has good size... would have loved to see him on Trae last game.

I love TLC and he's been solid on D but his J has disappeared as a starter... how long until Caris or somebody else becomes the starter?

I didn't love the trade on draft night and still feel lukewarm about it.

So far Shamet/Brown have been a bust from production standpoint but we need more games/time to elapse before final judgement.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#96 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 11:29 pm

After 6 games for the rookie that deemed not important enough for our Team and franchise:
Avg 8.8 pts
Avg 4.2 rebs
Avg 41.9% 3pt
Made 13 out of 31 attempts from 3

The elite shooter who’s presence was deemed more valuable has after 7 games:
Avg 4.3 pts
Avg 1.1 rebs
Avg 21.7% 3pt
Made 5 out of 23 attempts from 3

Good for Bey... he plays like a veteran, is young and has been better contributor thus far... guess FOK is 0-2 right now(1-3 if you count KI?)

But still early right..... lets hope for a turnaround
The ModFather

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Post#97 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Jan 6, 2021 1:21 am

Shamet has been abysmal, but it is only 6 games. You get to about 12-15 and it becomes concerning, 20-25 in and it's a problem, 30+ in and he's a spot minute player off the bench and fair to be judged against any rookie who was reasonable to take pick 19 or later and he becomes a crappy trade.

Let's hope he turns it around. I won't judge him off a small sample, trying to learn a new playbook and new teammates in a new location again, but it's also a little fledgling to keep saying buzz words like "career", in references to his shooting and the such, as if he's some 4 to 8 year vet. It very well may be that his first 2 years in the league were a bit of an illusion, tbf.

When I saw Curry traded for Richardson, I was kinda sad, would have loved to see him here for the 19th and Prince, with salary filler on their side if necessary.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#98 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 1:39 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:Shamet has been abysmal, but it is only 6 games. You get to about 12-15 and it becomes concerning, 20-25 in and it's a problem, 30+ in and he's a spot minute player off the bench and fair to be judged against any rookie who was reasonable to take pick 19 or later and he becomes a crappy trade.

Let's hope he turns it around. I won't judge him off a small sample, trying to learn a new playbook and new teammates in a new location again, but it's also a little fledgling to keep saying buzz words like "career", in references to his shooting and the such, as if he's some 4 to 8 year vet. It very well may be that his first 2 years in the league were a bit of an illusion, tbf.

When I saw Curry traded for Richardson, I was kinda sad, would have loved to see him here for the 19th and Prince, with salary filler on their side if necessary.

You’re right on all... i agree, wait til around 20 games in before I explode lol....(and give fair evaluation)

But shooters shoot... systems shouldn’t matter... shooters shoot... Would actual elite shooters like Curry, Klay, Ray ALlen etc... shoot any different in different schemes?

Right now, one half in, no minutes for Shamet...
The ModFather

Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#99 » by Sharcm1 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 4:54 am

Shamet barely plays and the nets play great. Let’s continue this trend lol. I love how everyone says we need size and rebounding when we traded a pick away where maybe we could have gotten that for shamet. Who sucks so far .
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#100 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 6, 2021 5:10 am

Sharcm1 wrote:Shamet barely plays and the nets play great. Let’s continue this trend lol. I love how everyone says we need size and rebounding when we traded a pick away where maybe we could have gotten that for shamet. Who sucks so far .

everyone on our team not named Kyrie/KD has sucked so far. KD also didnt play tonight and the Nets played great.

this forum is so reactionary and emotional. after the washington loss it was start reggie perry and levert sucks. now all of a sudden those guys are stars again.

Shamet really had just 1 awful game (0-8) from three that has killed his numbers. 5 games since then he is shooting 40% from three and was a big part of the win against atlanta. He's been one of the few guys to play ok defense early on.

Shamet will be fine. shooters numbers always come back towards their career averages if injuries dont factor into it.... and Shamet is back to shooting 40% from deep the last 5 games. that should continue and just like the 0-8 we will see a few big nights where he is like 5-7

Return to Brooklyn Nets