ImageImageImage

Game 6: Phoenix Suns (4-1) @ Denver Nuggets (1-3) l Saturday l 7:00pm

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Who are your three favorite all time Suns PG?

Kidd
10%
KJ
24%
Dragic
12%
Marbury
3%
Nash
34%
CP3
8%
Rubio
7%
Kendal Marshall
2%

Total votes: 146

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Re: Game 6: Phoenix Suns (4-1) @ Denver Nuggets (1-3) l Saturday l 7:00pm 

Post#401 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:18 am

It got a little hairier than it should have but I'm not taking a win in Denver on a B2B for granted.

Ayton was great in a game he needed to be. I'm not worried about booker, he hasn't been great but it's not like he suddenly forgot how to play he'll be fine. Paul closing out like a boss and showing why you get a guy like him.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,412

Post#402 » by bwgood77 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:19 am

SuperSunsFan wrote:does Ayton have average hop or not? He is supposed to be athletic but i just don't see much different athletically between him and Jokic who was supposed to be an average athlete. reminds me of Boris whose athleticism was supposedly at shawn marion's level but didn't look like it at all.

Yes, he is very athletic. I love this Diaw story...

"Boris walks into the gym one day wearing flip-flops and holding his customary cappuccino, which was a staple for him every morning," Griffin recalled. "It was during pre-draft workouts, so he sees the Vertec [machine] and asks what it is.

"We tell him it measures your vertical leap by determining how many of the bars you can touch. He asks what's the highest anyone has ever gone, and we tell him Amare' [Stoudemire] cleared the entire rack.

"Boris puts down the cappuccino, takes off his flip-flops and clears the entire rack on the first try. Then he calmly puts his flip-flops back on, picks up his cappuccino and walks away, saying, 'That was not difficult."

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/6/15/5812532/presenting-the-most-boris-diaw-anecdote-imaginable
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#403 » by ATTL » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:21 am

Jokic losing his girth is good for him to play more and against most players and teams. I think him losing the mass is helpful for DA. Ayton always struggled taking jokic when he backed that ass up.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,461

Post#404 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:22 am

Read on Twitter
?s=09

It's nice to be getting recognition finally from nba pundits.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#405 » by bwgood77 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:22 am

Mr Puddles wrote:Suns have the best record in the league and just beat the western conference finalist on a back to back game on their home court (traditionally one of the toughest places in the league to grab a win).

This board: complaining about how we did a bad job closing out the game down the stretch.

Man, how expectations have chanced when compared to last season.

So you felt calm and cool and that everything was going fine down the stretch? There is one thing getting nervous because a team is making a phenomenal run, but it's another to feel like you are giving away the game.

Hawks/Suns finals? I think that's what the NBA is hoping for.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#406 » by bwgood77 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:25 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=09

That is nice, but Kevin O'Connor has always really liked us. I want to hear it from some of the others...like Zach Lowe...I'd love to hear Bill Simmons talk about the Suns...even though I haven't listened to him in years...though I never really listened to him even though I read him religiously through like 2002-2014 or whenever he stopped writing.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,205

Post#407 » by King4Day » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:25 am

Nothing crazy here but I love seeing Paul pumping his fist at the end. There's a lot to read into with just a simple fist pump.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,205

Post#408 » by King4Day » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:29 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Mr Puddles wrote:Suns have the best record in the league and just beat the western conference finalist on a back to back game on their home court (traditionally one of the toughest places in the league to grab a win).

This board: complaining about how we did a bad job closing out the game down the stretch.

So you felt calm and cool and that everything was going fine down the stretch? There is one thing getting nervous because a team is making a phenomenal run, but it's another to feel like you are giving away the game.

Yea it was a really disappointing finish. We had a big lead most of the game but could never push it to 'blow out' territory. When we were up 17, we began to collapse instead of put our boots on there throats.
Paul bailed us out fortunately but those 5 straight turnovers were maddening.

Hopefully Monty goes over the film of this game because a lot of players need to see what went wrong. Especially Book.
It's good to get a win when we ran into many issues.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,923

Post#409 » by grumpysaddle » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:30 am

King4Day wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Yea it was a really disappointing finish. We had a big lead most of the game but could never push it to 'blow out' territory. When we were up 17, we began to collapse instead of put our boots on there throats.
Paul bailed us out fortunately but those 5 straight turnovers were maddening.

Hopefully Monty goes over the film of this game because a lot of players need to see what went wrong. Especially Book.
It's good to get a win when we ran into many issues.

It's like someone messed with the sliders in the settings during that Denver challenge on the Jokic foul. It was rough going the entire way after that.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Post#410 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:34 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=09

That is nice, but Kevin O'Connor has always really liked us. I want to hear it from some of the others...like Zach Lowe...I'd love to hear Bill Simmons talk about the Suns...even though I haven't listened to him in years...though I never really listened to him even though I read him religiously through like 2002-2014 or whenever he stopped writing.
Read on Twitter

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,923

Post#411 » by grumpysaddle » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:38 am

Am I the only one that looks at the General board super infrequently and is generally weirded out that there are Suns fans that have never posted on the Suns board? Like... they only exist on the General board. It's fricking weird.
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,364

Post#412 » by SuperSunsFan » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:38 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=09

Read on Twitter

I know skip loves the suns but don't know how much his opinions are valued.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#413 » by bwgood77 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:49 am

grumpysaddle wrote:Am I the only one that looks at the General board super infrequently and is generally weirded out that there are Suns fans that have never posted on the Suns board? Like... they only exist on the General board. It's fricking weird.

Well I'm not, because I have seen it for awhile. I'm sure they read this board, and some of them post on another forum. There is also one on the trade forum who posts a ton...I haven't been over there for awhile though.

I think they all hate Kerssed (just kidding, I'm sure it's me)
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,426

Post#414 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:52 am

grumpysaddle wrote:Am I the only one that looks at the General board super infrequently and is generally weirded out that there are Suns fans that have never posted on the Suns board? Like... they only exist on the General board. It's fricking weird.

That is a huge reason why our game threads never reach 35 to 40 pages. Those rare Suns fans like rare pokemon are similar to moths who are only attracted to the GB Light and miss out on something more spectacular. :o

Also, Kerrsed is an angel. :angel:
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#415 » by Golanator » Sat Jan 2, 2021 6:01 am

What an unreal win. Thought the close to the 1st quarter and the entire 2nd quarter were great.

Suns got up big and then got super lazy with turnovers and bad shots. Credit to Denver though, they trapped Booker every time and made life difficult on him.

CP3...that's why we got you.

Best record in the NBA
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#416 » by cberry78 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 6:02 am

Seventy.
One.
And.
One.
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#417 » by bwgood77 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 6:04 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:

That is a huge reason why our game threads never reach 35 to 40 pages. Those rare Suns fans like rare pokemon are similar to moths who are only attracted to the GB Light and miss out on something more spectacular. :o

Also, Kerrsed is an angel. :angel:

We have had a number of new posters sign up.

But the main thing is reddit, what they call "Suns twitter" and facebook fan pages have taken away from many of our old game threads. And most of the die hards are here...at least more of the long term ones, and this forum seems far more knowledgeable overall than those groups (though a few on twitter are very good, knowledgeable, and/or do a lot of research, videos, breakdowns, etc), and anything worthy from twitter is posted here.
Keith_myath
Pro Prospect
And1: 589

Post#418 » by Keith_myath » Sat Jan 2, 2021 6:05 am

Booker needs to accept he isn't 'the man' that he thinks he is, and is instead a streaky player with stat-padding tendencies.

He needs to identify when he's not streaking and step back and let those who are, or the leaders of the team, take control.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,622

Post#419 » by lilfishi22 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 6:08 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=09

KOC isn't a regular NBA pundit. He's been calling us the Bright Future Suns when we were still in the gutter
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,622

Post#420 » by lilfishi22 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 6:11 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=09

Read on Twitter

Wasn't Russillo the one who said it was an open secret that Book wanted out?
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame

Return to Phoenix Suns