The D'Angelo Russell Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,178

Re: The D'Angelo Russell Thread 

Post#101 » by Neeva » Sat Jan 2, 2021 4:48 pm

PharmD wrote:Image

Those bottom four are no surprise, they have been the ultimate in suck.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,178

Post#102 » by Neeva » Sat Jan 2, 2021 4:49 pm

Dual wrote:He is untradable, so for the best of the team is necessary to find him a role he can be great at. I think he is a good spot up shooter. Sg should be his position but I believe Beasley is better than him in both ends, at least he try harder. So as I said at the begining of the season his role should be 6th man scoring guard like Lou Williams.
Right now it don't matter what money he earns, if we want to win we have to change a lot of things, and one should be this.

HE is the perfect tank commander.
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#103 » by Killboard » Sat Jan 2, 2021 4:53 pm

Why we aren't running this type of actions for him?

Read on Twitter
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,102

Post#104 » by m2002brian » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:04 pm

Q:
Killboard wrote:Why we aren't running this type of actions for him?

Read on Twitter

A:
Steve Kerr & Co. Vs. Ryan Saunders & Co.
BLUEGREENRED
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#105 » by PharmD » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:37 pm

Killboard wrote:Why we aren't running this type of actions for him?

Read on Twitter

To my eyetest he looks way quicker in this clip than he does this season. Not "quick" but not glacial either. Maybe he just needs to get in shape after 10 months off.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,792

Post#106 » by Klomp » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:38 pm

Heimdal wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not that I haven't been frustrated with him this year, but fans were literally making the same arguments against Towns last year.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
MarxyLebronist
Senior
And1: 330

Post#107 » by MarxyLebronist » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:49 pm

Edwards better get out of there as fast as he can.
Dual
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#108 » by Dual » Sat Jan 2, 2021 6:00 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Saunders is in love with DLo. Also if the solution they talk is do a more simplistic way of offense I don't get it.
Maybe Saunders has to speak with other players about the offense and no Dlo...
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,652

Post#109 » by Shaka_Zulu » Sat Jan 2, 2021 6:18 pm

Klomp wrote:
Heimdal wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not that I haven't been frustrated with him this year, but fans were literally making the same arguments against Towns last year.

Nope, cant be possible, not even a one legged Towns could ever be the complete sink hole for the team like Dlo is being in past 3 games.

The first two quarters was INSANELY bad in particular by him, as in just walk up and clank it every single time. Not once, not even once, think of passing it (or if he tried, was hollywood passes that were automatic turnovers). I think it was around 2-3 minutes left on 3rd quarter when he he hit his first 3? I assume they told him off after first 2 quarters, because he was trying to move the ball more after, but was still incredibly bad for the offense.

Even Kat at his worst, when people said he only cares about getting his stats or whatever, wasnt even a 10th of this. Thats the thing. Kat CAN get his stats efficiently with ease, because he is an absolute freak of an offensive player, who can carry the offensive load for us, and maybe wasnt focusing as much on rest/sacrifice for team or whatever the talking points were.

The problem with DLO past games (or in general in his career), he thinks he can do the same. Just get his points with no effort, but he cant, he is nowhere near the talent level offensively to do it, cant drive, not that great shooter except at long 2s, is actually a good passer but doesnt really wanna do it etc. He is a pick and roll offensive player. Except nothing of that is happening...And what we have instead is his bad attitude offensively and defensively is just sinking the team in these games.
Heimdal
Sophomore
And1: 147

Post#110 » by Heimdal » Sat Jan 2, 2021 6:20 pm

If their solution is to simplify the offense, there is no hope. It doesn't get simpler than what they're running. I guess Russell is going to shoot as he crosses midcourt.
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,652

Post#111 » by Shaka_Zulu » Sat Jan 2, 2021 6:23 pm

Dual wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Saunders is in love with DLo. Also if the solution they talk is do a more simplistic way of offense I don't get it.

What offensive system are they discussing to simplify exactly? The whole offense in DLO mind seems to be watch everyone just stand around you while you take long super contested shots every single time?
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,383

Post#112 » by shrink » Sat Jan 2, 2021 6:49 pm

This is what I was saying before the game. Saunders can’t hold DLo accountable, no matter what he does. It’s always ego-massaging compliments.

Even after last night, it’s the “team” that has to make more effort, but DLo is praised as a “student of the game” and a “good conversationalist.”
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
MarxyLebronist
Senior
And1: 330

Post#113 » by MarxyLebronist » Sat Jan 2, 2021 6:50 pm

Russell for Randle works straight up, if I understand New York's cap situation correctly. Just sayin'.
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,102

Post#114 » by m2002brian » Sat Jan 2, 2021 6:58 pm

Dual wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Omg, those tweets made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.
BLUEGREENRED
PharmD
Head Coach

Post#115 » by PharmD » Sat Jan 2, 2021 7:48 pm

Klomp wrote:
Heimdal wrote:
Read on Twitter

How? Towns had an on/off of +4.0 last year.
PharmD
Head Coach

Post#116 » by PharmD » Sat Jan 2, 2021 7:51 pm

MarxyLebronist wrote:Russell for Randle works straight up, if I understand New York's cap situation correctly. Just sayin'.

I would laugh so hard at DLo + Thibs.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#117 » by Klomp » Sat Jan 2, 2021 8:05 pm

PharmD wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Heimdal wrote:
Read on Twitter

You don't remember people talking about how the team was so much better with Towns out and Dieng in?
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,509

Post#118 » by Worm Guts » Sat Jan 2, 2021 8:10 pm

Klomp wrote:
PharmD wrote:
Klomp wrote:Not that I haven't been frustrated with him this year, but fans were literally making the same arguments against Towns last year.

You don't remember people talking about how the team was so much better with Towns out and Dieng in?

Being-89 in 3 games is so much further beyond anything with Towns that it’s a poor comparison. Hopefully it’s just a small sample, honestly I don’t think it’s possible to go a full season this bad
PharmD
Head Coach

Post#119 » by PharmD » Sat Jan 2, 2021 8:12 pm

Klomp wrote:
PharmD wrote:
Klomp wrote:Not that I haven't been frustrated with him this year, but fans were literally making the same arguments against Towns last year.

Well they certainly weren't using numbers to back it up. Gorgui had an on/off of -3.5 last year, 7.5/100 worse than Towns.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#120 » by Klomp » Sat Jan 2, 2021 8:16 pm

Worm Guts wrote: Being-89 in 3 games is so much further beyond anything with Towns that it’s a poor comparison. Hopefully it’s just a small sample, honestly I don’t think it’s possible to go a full season this bad

Somebody's bound to have numbers like that after 3 blowouts. Rubio's a -45 in same span, yet everyone wants to hand him the keys to the franchise.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves