Image ImageImage Image

Way too early NBA draft thread 2021

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

If we manage to get 3rd pick who do you draft?

Evan Mobley
14%
Jalen Suggs
61%
Terrence Clarke
1%
Jonathan Kuminga
6%
Ziaire Williams
1%
Usman Guruba
1%
Jalen Johnson
1%
Terrence Clarke
No votes
BJ Boston
2%
None of the Above
12%

Total votes: 146

TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,839

Re: Way too early NBA draft thread 2021 

Post#101 » by TheSuzerain » Sat Jan 2, 2021 4:43 am

MrFortune3 wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:We need to tank hard for a top pick and then trade for a second pick with which to take Keon Johnson.

Definitely need to take any dumb/lazy players off our board. We've seen how tough it is to play with those guys. Jalen Green is kind of a mindless scorer, no? Maybe stay away from that one. Don't touch the Kentucky guys either.

Suggs or Cade are the dream. Both heady players. Mobley the other top prospect right now.

That's not the mindset of AK or Evs. They have no interest in tanking and AK already said he hopes to never pick as high as #4 ever again.

AK's mindset should be to build a top team.

And it doesn't take long to watch our current team and realize we don't have the foundation for one.

Would be a massive mistake to prop up this false core with a decent group of supporting vets (e.g. yesterday's win vs the Wiz).
Chicagoat
Pro Prospect
And1: 979

Post#102 » by Chicagoat » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:05 am

Believe or not. But the Bulls are gonna be a bottom five-team this season. Our young talent is mediocre and inconsistent(sans Lavine). Jury is still out on P-Will. If AKME cared about not tanking. They would have fielded a better roster instead off rolling with the same one we had last season. I get it. Young players need time and reps to improve. But anyone with eyeballs can see. Our GarPax young core are not going to be major contributors on a championship roster. Besides maybe Lavine but he wouldn't be better than a 3rd option on one.

I'll be patient and see what we have this season regarding our GarPax young core. But I am not optimistic with the GarPax young core. At this point, I am hoping for some trades and moves to improve our draft capital.
AKME? More like MEAK with how they're afraid to make a move to push us in one direction.

Continuity :banghead: :banghead:
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#103 » by Southpaw » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:46 am

We might not need to deliberately tank to get a top 5 pick. How many teams are clearly worse than us right now?
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,141

Post#104 » by CjayC » Sat Jan 2, 2021 6:57 am

I don't read too much into AK's comments about hoping they don't pick this high again. I feel like that's more trying not to throw the team under the bus. Unless they're Stevie Wonder blind, AKME have to be well aware that the roster as constructed is a bottom feeder. The tank was already built-in when they inherited the roster. They can use the "evaluation period" as a front while they're hoarding more top picks and assets. Their jobs are gonna be safe for a while, so they've got nothing but time to build this up how they want.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#105 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Sat Jan 2, 2021 8:18 am

Otto Porter, who havent played for almost two years, fat, out of shape, party animal is still by far best basketball player with best fundamentals and understanding of game in this sorry team. We dont need to tank or trade, we are that bad top 7 loterry odss are guaranteed for Bulls. Hope luck is on our side. We need top 3-4 pick, more than any other team including Detroit and Okc.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,839

Post#106 » by TheSuzerain » Sat Jan 2, 2021 4:54 pm

Southpaw wrote:We might not need to deliberately tank to get a top 5 pick. How many teams are clearly worse than us right now?

You always need to deliberately tank at the end. There's always tight bunching near the bottom.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,533

Post#107 » by Andi Obst » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:07 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
Southpaw wrote:We might not need to deliberately tank to get a top 5 pick. How many teams are clearly worse than us right now?

You always need to deliberately tank at the end. There's always tight bunching near the bottom.

The Thunder are going to give Poku with his 36 ORTG (I love Poku and the sample size is tiny, but that's an objectively hilarious number) 30 minutes a night in the last month or so and we all know it.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,553

Post#108 » by Ice Man » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:13 pm

Little Nathan wrote:The Thunder are going to give Poku with his 36 ORTG (I love Poku and the sample size is tiny, but that's an objectively hilarious number) 30 minutes a night in the last month or so and we all know it.

You right, that is funny. I thought that nobody could be worse than Kelly Oubre's 61, but Poku isn't even close to that mark. For comparison's sake, Marquis Teague was an 82 for the Bulls.
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#109 » by gobullschi » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:54 pm

I’d say all of these teams are either worse, very similar, or slightly better:

OKC
Detroit
Washington
New York
Cleveland
Minnesota
Golden State
Orlando
Charlotte
Atlanta
Sacramento

COVID could help a lot of teams win games they shouldn’t win (guys being out)
Pax for Prez
Starter
And1: 375

Post#110 » by Pax for Prez » Sat Jan 2, 2021 6:26 pm

gobullschi wrote:

OKC
Detroit
Washington
New York
Cleveland
Minnesota
Golden State
Orlando
Charlotte
Atlanta
Sacramento

I would not include Atlanta and probably Sacramento, but otherwise I agree.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,983

Post#111 » by Chi town » Sat Jan 2, 2021 6:33 pm

Pax for Prez wrote:
gobullschi wrote:

OKC
Detroit
Washington
New York
Cleveland
Minnesota
Golden State
Orlando
Charlotte
Atlanta
Sacramento

SAC isn’t real. They will collapse.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,858

Post#112 » by Dresden » Sat Jan 2, 2021 6:43 pm

Chi town wrote:
Pax for Prez wrote:
gobullschi wrote:

OKC
Detroit
Washington
New York
Cleveland
Minnesota
Golden State
Orlando
Charlotte
Atlanta
Sacramento

SAC isn’t real. They will collapse.

Let's hope not. Now that the Warriors window appears to have closed, it would be fun to have another competitive team in northern CA to follow. They have some decent talent. I think the pieces are starting to fit together for them. Not that they'll be an elite team, but I think they may finally break out of being a perpetual bottom 5 team in the near future. At least I hope so- they have a great fan base, and it would be nice to see them have something to cheer about again.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer

Post#113 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Sat Jan 2, 2021 6:52 pm

Suggs is such Bulls player from good years. He is great fit for Chicago. He is dog and played eith skills and passion. Dunn was dog but just pretty much stinks. PWill,White layback dudes, Lauri is Lauri. Lavine,Porter,Carter dont like their body language and passion. We need guys like Suggs, Jevonte Carter, Tj Mc Conell, Jacob Poeltl, Norm Powell, Achiuwa, Gary Trent as role players.
PhilLeotardo
Junior
And1: 220

Post#114 » by PhilLeotardo » Sat Jan 2, 2021 7:53 pm

Why would Sacramento “not be real”? They’ll collapse based on what? They have a brand new FO & tons of talent. They’re back on track after that weird, injury-riddlers hiccup last season
Chi town
RealGM

Post#115 » by Chi town » Sat Jan 2, 2021 8:29 pm

PhilLeotardo wrote:Why would Sacramento “not be real”? They’ll collapse based on what? They have a brand new FO & tons of talent. They’re back on track after that weird, injury-riddlers hiccup last season

I don’t believe in their big 3. Fox Hield Bagley.

Hali already hurt missing games too. Per WT
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#116 » by Jvaughn » Sat Jan 2, 2021 9:23 pm

Scottie Pippen Jr. has been on a tear this year. Looks much improved from last year. I still think his lack of athleticism will hinder him at the next level, but does anyone think he's played himself into a first round bubble pick yet?
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#117 » by Chi town » Sat Jan 2, 2021 9:25 pm

Ron Harper was lean and tenacious.

Ron Jr. Is flabby with a quarantine Dad bod... but he can shoot.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer

Post#118 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Sat Jan 2, 2021 10:04 pm

I watched Rokas Jokoubaitis Arturas countryman Lithuanian in Euroleague. This guy look like and play like young Goran Dragic. Good option for pointguard draft and stash for second round. Josh Hall, Ayo Dosumnu also good options for early second round pick.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#119 » by ZOMG » Sat Jan 2, 2021 10:15 pm

Jvaughn wrote:Scottie Pippen Jr. has been on a tear this year. Looks much improved from last year. I still think his lack of athleticism will hinder him at the next level, but does anyone think he's played himself into a first round bubble pick yet?

First round? IMO Pip Jr is not even an NBA player. He's small and slow, which is a horrible combination in the League. Reminds me of Nico Mannion - athletic for high school, very average for NCAA, and well below average for the NBA.

The kid has enough skill for a nice overseas career, though.
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,141

Post#120 » by CjayC » Sat Jan 2, 2021 11:03 pm

Jvaughn wrote:Scottie Pippen Jr. has been on a tear this year. Looks much improved from last year. I still think his lack of athleticism will hinder him at the next level, but does anyone think he's played himself into a first round bubble pick yet?

I'd reach on a higher upside at the end of the 1st. I think he has a decent shot at being drafted in the 2nd round though. His set shot looks pure, and he tries to get after it on defense despite his stature. We'll probably have to revisit this question in 2 years when his skills are a bit more developed, because I see him as a 4-year player. Payton Pritchard snuck in at the end of the 1st, granted Pritchard had a higher level of on ball creation, and what looks to be a better 1st step, so we'll see in a couple of years.

Return to Chicago Bulls