Moderator: THE J0KER

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Re: Jerami Grant 

Post#101 » by The Rebel » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:39 am

skywalker33 wrote:
eathb_au wrote:Yeah looks like it's 9.5M. Shame. Basically nothing in today's league.

Not sure if I'm correct, but couldn't we say, trade Millsap and his $10M cap hit for a $19.5M salary using that TPE ?? Not bad....

You cannot combine a TPE and a player but you can take back a deal for a guy making $9.5 million without sending anybody. So if you trade for a star than you can also take back a bad contract.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#102 » by The Rebel » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:40 am

skywalker33 wrote:
eathb_au wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
Read on Twitter

We can trade Barton and 1 of the $1.5-2 million a year contracts for Gordon if we want him, but I doubt we do.

I can see why Hollinger is unemployed these days

See, told ya Rebel would know :wink:

Yes, I know way to much about the CBA and salary cap for the NBA, and I have no idea why other than I love to argue.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,254

Post#103 » by skywalker33 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:53 am

The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
eathb_au wrote:
I can see why Hollinger is unemployed these days

See, told ya Rebel would know :wink:

Yes, I know way to much about the CBA and salary cap for the NBA, and I have no idea why other than I love to argue.

Dude, with your brains and my good looks, we could rule the world, er....US, er, ....maybe Commerce City. :lol:
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,095

Post#104 » by stoo » Sat Jan 2, 2021 7:23 pm

is it time to apologize to Grant everybody who questioned his iq for signing for pistons?
NotSinceWilt
skywalker33

Post#105 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 8:50 pm

stoo wrote:is it time to apologize to Grant everybody who questioned his iq for signing for pistons?

Who needs to apologize for what? He's still on a DET team that won't see the playoffs for a few years while we still have a shot (despite our slow start) to be a playoff contender. If that was his play, kudos. Grant seems to be doing well, he's averaging 23ppg and 5.5rpg but he's only shooting 33% on 3's and he's doing it with Griffin out. Seems Malone underestimated Grant's potential production, so if anyone needs to apologize, perhaps it's him.

stoo
Bench Warmer

Post#106 » by stoo » Sat Jan 2, 2021 9:03 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
stoo wrote:is it time to apologize to Grant everybody who questioned his iq for signing for pistons?

Who needs to apologize for what? He's still on a DET team that won't see the playoffs for a few years while we still have a shot (despite our slow start) to be a playoff contender. If that was his play, kudos. Grant seems to be doing well, he's averaging 23ppg and 5.5rpg but he's only shooting 33% on 3's and he's doing it with Griffin out. Seems Malone underestimated Grant's potential production, so if anyone needs to apologize, perhaps it's him.

people here who said that his bb iq is low because he wants to go to detroit. By staying with us, Malone would give him way less usage than he deserves, which would cost him 10s of millions of dollars in his career.
Also, he produced with Griffin on the court as well
Also, it's not like Denver is winning anything yet for sure
NotSinceWilt
Timmyyy
Junior
And1: 375

Post#107 » by Timmyyy » Sat Jan 2, 2021 9:04 pm

He playing like that is absolutely forced and doesn't look good at all (and by the way doesn't result in wins). If we get +/- based stats for this year I'm pretty sure they will show that he, in this role, is not impactful and a huge negative.

Couldn't care less about guys putting up big, inefficient boxscore stats on bad teams.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using RealGM mobile app
stoo
Bench Warmer

Post#108 » by stoo » Sat Jan 2, 2021 9:19 pm

Timmyyy wrote:

He playing like that is absolutely forced and doesn't look good at all (and by the way doesn't result in wins). If we get +/- based stats for this year I'm pretty sure they will show that he, in this role, is not impactful and a huge negative.

Couldn't care less about guys putting up big, inefficient boxscore stats on bad teams.

nah, u're just salty
NotSinceWilt
skywalker33

Post#109 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 9:20 pm

stoo wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

people here who said that his bb iq is low because he wants to go to detroit. By staying with us, Malone would give him way less usage than he deserves, which would cost him 10s of millions of dollars in his career.

PLEASE show me anywhere/anyone who said his BBIQ was low, they did question his decision to go from a contender to a bottom-feeder team, as I just did again, I stand by that statement.

As for with Griffin, he had a +/- of -14, +2, -4, -18 and they were 0-4 in those games, so was he really that good ??

And yes, Denver hasn't looked great yet they have been dealing with injuries to Murry, Green and now MPJ is out. Not trying to make excuses, our record is what it is but those are facts. Had Grant been here, I can easily see at least 3-2 rather than 1-4 but again, that's my opinion.

Timmyyy
Junior

Post#110 » by Timmyyy » Sat Jan 2, 2021 9:27 pm

stoo wrote:
Timmyyy wrote:

nah, u're just salty

nah, I just understand how basketball works.

I have absolutely no bad feelings with Grant. A guy like Grant you wanna put in a role he had with us last year. In that role he can be a good contributor and I would have liked him here for more years, thats right.

But what he is doing in Detroit is not impactful and guys that understand basketball can see it. Games aren't won on boxscore statsheets. A team having Grant putting up these type of numbers will never reach the playoffs.
stoo
Bench Warmer

Post#111 » by stoo » Sat Jan 2, 2021 9:46 pm

Timmyyy wrote:
stoo wrote:
Timmyyy wrote:He playing like that is absolutely forced and doesn't look good at all (and by the way doesn't result in wins). If we get +/- based stats for this year I'm pretty sure they will show that he, in this role, is not impactful and a huge negative.

nah, u're just salty

I have absolutely no bad feelings with Grant. A guy like Grant you wanna put in a role he had with us last year. In that role he can be a good contributor and I would have liked him here for more years, thats right.

But what he is doing in Detroit is not impactful and guys that understand basketball can see it. Games aren't won on boxscore statsheets. A team having Grant putting up these type of numbers will never reach the playoffs.

he didn't stop playing defense because he is scoring.
I just remember narrative here about his decision. Me personally don't have anything against players putting themselves before some team's interest (as long as they are not already playing for it), as the team will use you for it's own benefit and than discard you for it's own benefit as well. I also don't judge individual's aspirations, so playing (working) where you are going to have a bigger role and earn more money is not something that even should be questioned, especially when smaller role guarantees you nothing
NotSinceWilt
Timmyyy
Junior

Post#112 » by Timmyyy » Sat Jan 2, 2021 10:22 pm

stoo wrote:
Timmyyy wrote:
stoo wrote:
nah, u're just salty

he didn't stop playing defense because he is scoring.
I just remember narrative here about his decision. Me personally don't have anything against players putting themselves before some team's interest (as long as they are not already playing for it), as the team will use you for it's own benefit and than discard you for it's own benefit as well. I also don't judge individual's aspirations, so playing (working) where you are going to have a bigger role and earn more money is not something that even should be questioned, especially when smaller role guarantees you nothing

Ok I see where the disconnect is.

Yes, he could be able to still be impactful on defense.
Him playing like this is only possible on bad teams since on good teams you want the ball in the hand of the better offensive players. Meaning him playing like that results in bad offenses and him taking on smaller roles and giving the ball to better offensive players results in better offenses. And because of that he will grade out pretty negative in offense impact with that playing style. That was what I meant.

But I now see your comment was more about his personal decision. In the end I don't get emotionally invested because of decisions of basketball players. This is why I didn't really noticed what your post was about. But of course, if Grant prefers to play on a bad team and put up big numbers instead of contributing to a better team in a smaller role, thats his decision and he has my best wishes. That might lead to more money for him, but definitely not to more success in basketball. But of course players have to consider personal financial security. So it's understandable if they go for the money.
skywalker33

Post#113 » by skywalker33 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 12:25 am

The other question I have about his decision going to DET, seems they have Sekou and now Saddig waiting in the wings, both have potential to displace Grant from the lineup (if not I'd love to obtain Bey for Denver). He MAY get more money in the future but where will it be for a stater ?

Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#114 » by Richard Miller » Sun Jan 3, 2021 12:43 am

stoo wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Don't think anyone was doubting he can shoot 9/24 like he did last night, I imagine most Nuggets players would be able to score 20-ish if they could chuck as much as they want. Also it was never in doubt he'd be 4th or 5th option if he stayed on the Nuggets nor that Detroit is far away from contending, so doesn't seem like we've learned anything new here. :P
stoo
Bench Warmer

Post#115 » by stoo » Sun Jan 3, 2021 12:03 pm

Richard Miller wrote:
stoo wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Don't think anyone was doubting he can shoot 9/24 like he did last night, I imagine most Nuggets players would be able to score 20-ish if they could chuck as much as they want. Also it was never in doubt he'd be 4th or 5th option if he stayed on the Nuggets nor that Detroit is far away from contending, so doesn't seem like we've learned anything new here. :P

preciselly, all 5 games:

9/24, 9 3pa, 24 points
9/21 9 3pa, 27 points
9/20, 8 3pa, 27 points
9/14, 8 3pa, 28 points
4/11, 5 3pa, 9 points

total:
44,4 fg%
84,6 ft% 5,2 fta
2,6 3pm/g
1-4 w/l

jamal murray:
43,9 fg%
73,7 ft% 4,8 fta
3 3pm/g
1-4 w/l
NotSinceWilt
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#116 » by The Rebel » Sun Jan 3, 2021 12:34 pm

stoo wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:
stoo wrote:

preciselly, all 5 games:

9/24, 9 3pa, 24 points
9/21 9 3pa, 27 points
9/20, 8 3pa, 27 points
9/14, 8 3pa, 28 points
4/11, 5 3pa, 9 points

total:
44,4 fg%
84,6 ft% 5,2 fta
2,6 3pm/g
1-4 w/l

jamal murray:
43,9 fg%
73,7 ft% 4,8 fta
3 3pm/g
1-4 w/l

LMAO, are you really comparing a guy on the pistons who nobody cares about beating against a guy who is the 2nd scorer on a contender and acting like they are facing the same defense? By the way Murray has been hurt for 1 1/2 of those games, what is Grant's excuse?
stoo
Bench Warmer

Post#117 » by stoo » Sun Jan 3, 2021 12:55 pm

The Rebel wrote:
stoo wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:

preciselly, all 5 games:

9/24, 9 3pa, 24 points
9/21 9 3pa, 27 points
9/20, 8 3pa, 27 points
9/14, 8 3pa, 28 points
4/11, 5 3pa, 9 points

total:
44,4 fg%
84,6 ft% 5,2 fta
2,6 3pm/g
1-4 w/l

jamal murray:
43,9 fg%
73,7 ft% 4,8 fta
3 3pm/g
1-4 w/l

LMAO, are you really comparing a guy on the pistons who nobody cares about beating against a guy who is the 2nd scorer on a contender and acting like they are facing the same defense? By the way Murray has been hurt for 1 1/2 of those games, what is Grant's excuse?

grant doesn't need an excuse, he's been good. And way better on defense... and cheaper
murray also has Jokic, Grant has Hayes

problem with denver is that we limit our guys potential in order to extend them for cheap. I have no doubt that Grant was very aware of this
we are/were doing that with MPJ too, and i won't be surprised when he doesn't sign an extension
NotSinceWilt
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#118 » by Richard Miller » Sun Jan 3, 2021 1:16 pm

stoo wrote:problem with denver is that we limit our guys potential in order to extend them for cheap. I have no doubt that Grant was very aware of this
we are/were doing that with MPJ too, and i won't be surprised when he doesn't sign an extension

Not sure what's the point here, Denver should've kept Grant and traded Murray? Certainly not all three of them can get 25 shots a game.
stoo
Bench Warmer

Post#119 » by stoo » Sun Jan 3, 2021 1:21 pm

Richard Miller wrote:
stoo wrote:problem with denver is that we limit our guys potential in order to extend them for cheap. I have no doubt that Grant was very aware of this

Not sure what's the point here, Denver should've kept Grant and traded Murray? Certainly not all three of them can get 25 shots a game.

nope. problem is that it was known internaly (my guess) that millsap would be starting, and Grant wasn't stupid to spend best years of his career like that. Denver was stupid for letting him walk for millsap
NotSinceWilt
stoo
Bench Warmer

Post#120 » by stoo » Sun Jan 3, 2021 1:25 pm

we are also underutilizing Bol. Don't fall for stupid narrative about his incompetence. Instead of having him playing weak side defence and knocking down 3pts that can't be contested, we are keeping him on the bench hoping that we will extend him for 5 years 15 mil. he will leave for nothing. Malone has to be braver
Nnaji too
NotSinceWilt

Return to Denver Nuggets