Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1081 » by Kilroy » Sat Jan 2, 2021 4:57 am

kblo247 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
heezyo2o wrote:
Are you really basing who is wanted more by IG stories.

Dwight gives rebounding and rim protection and that's exactly what's missing. Do you think that Dwight can't do those two things better than Harrell? If you think Javale would have been good and that the lakers would have re-signed him regardless, well Dwight leaving basically was one of the main reasons Javale was traded to make cap room for Gasol. I really don't know how you think the Lakers would have kept Javale, but didn't want Dwight. Even if you don't like Dwight, it's plain to see that he's the superior player to Javale. People talk about Dwight Howard not being playable in the playoffs, but the one who was really unplayable was Javale.

Dwight jumped to Philly hastily and the Lakers were weighing other options, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't have re-signed him in the end.

BTW Bradley started the last game with the Heat

I think it's pretty clear Bradley burned some bridges with his decision not to play in the bubble, not only with the FO but his team mates as well... So I think the effort to retain him probably wasn't real high.
I think Caruso stepped up enough to let everyone know losing Bradley wasn't going to be that big a deal. Getting Schroder is an upgrade over-all from Rondo (until the playoffs at least)...
Basically, I liked Bradley, but I'm not worried about losing him.

Howard was a great story line last season, but I feel like his impact was greatly over-rated... I'm sure we would have tried to keep him if he hadn't gotten trigger happy... I'm fine with it... Although it seems like Harrell and Morris are a bit redundant...

Maybe at some point we need to look at our mix at the 4/5, but we haven't seen them all at full strength yet so no need to panic.

I’m trying to see more Kieff with AD because it won playoff games and more Trez with Marc because Marcs range lets him eat. It’s weird right now when we go Bron Kuz Wes Kieff Trez as a group.

I think Dennis is a great regular season upgrade from Rondo. But I was the one saying playoff rondo before he touched the playoffs and excusing his season play for a reason, I had seen his Boston work, and I saw his pelican work in person too. I hope Dennis is as good as playoff rondo, but I doubt it. Rondo in the playoffs was easily our third best guy. He knew where to be on both ends, where the rebound, when to scream at Bron to run his ass off ball, how to lob it to AD from anywhere, and when to score. It’s damn hard to replace Rondos ability to pull any trick out the bag including stuff like defending A Murray and Harden up the court and just taking it from them. I hope he’s just 80% of that rondo

Rondo was putting up double doubles in the playoffs last season and was one of the top assist getters in the league... Schroder is a natural shooting guard who can play point... They're different animals, but why I say he's an upgrade is because over all, we need scoring more than we need passing this season, and Marc is going to help immensely in the assist department. He's playing Point Center out there a lot...
No knocks on Rondo... Just that this is a different roster than last season...

I know Caruso hasn't been much of a factor yet this season, but in the playoffs, he was doing a lot of the same things Rondo was doing... I think we'll be fine with a mix of Schroder, Caruso, THT and KCP at the 1 and KCP, THT, Mathews at the 2... Where we're a little light is at the 3 with just Mathews as a natural fit there, and Kuz and McKinney doing what they can, but not really a solid fit there yet. Kuz still looks like a natural 4 and looks best in LeBron's role when he sits... If we could land Ariza on the buyout market, that'd be great..

Still don't understand the Cook contract... He's only good in garbage time... But he can handle the ball... he just has tunnel vision and doesn't pass, ever.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#1082 » by kblo247 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:28 am

Kilroy wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
I think it's pretty clear Bradley burned some bridges with his decision not to play in the bubble, not only with the FO but his team mates as well... So I think the effort to retain him probably wasn't real high.
I think Caruso stepped up enough to let everyone know losing Bradley wasn't going to be that big a deal. Getting Schroder is an upgrade over-all from Rondo (until the playoffs at least)...
Basically, I liked Bradley, but I'm not worried about losing him.

Howard was a great story line last season, but I feel like his impact was greatly over-rated... I'm sure we would have tried to keep him if he hadn't gotten trigger happy... I'm fine with it... Although it seems like Harrell and Morris are a bit redundant...

Maybe at some point we need to look at our mix at the 4/5, but we haven't seen them all at full strength yet so no need to panic.

I’m trying to see more Kieff with AD because it won playoff games and more Trez with Marc because Marcs range lets him eat. It’s weird right now when we go Bron Kuz Wes Kieff Trez as a group.

I think Dennis is a great regular season upgrade from Rondo. But I was the one saying playoff rondo before he touched the playoffs and excusing his season play for a reason, I had seen his Boston work, and I saw his pelican work in person too. I hope Dennis is as good as playoff rondo, but I doubt it. Rondo in the playoffs was easily our third best guy. He knew where to be on both ends, where the rebound, when to scream at Bron to run his ass off ball, how to lob it to AD from anywhere, and when to score. It’s damn hard to replace Rondos ability to pull any trick out the bag including stuff like defending A Murray and Harden up the court and just taking it from them. I hope he’s just 80% of that rondo

Rondo was putting up double doubles in the playoffs last season and was one of the top assist getters in the league... Schroder is a natural shooting guard who can play point... They're different animals, but why I say he's an upgrade is because over all, we need scoring more than we need passing this season, and Marc is going to help immensely in the assist department. He's playing Point Center out there a lot...
No knocks on Rondo... Just that this is a different roster than last season...

I know Caruso hasn't been much of a factor yet this season, but in the playoffs, he was doing a lot of the same things Rondo was doing... I think we'll be fine with a mix of Schroder, Caruso, THT and KCP at the 1 and KCP, THT, Mathews at the 2... Where we're a little light is at the 3 with just Mathews as a natural fit there, and Kuz and McKinney doing what they can, but not really a solid fit there yet. Kuz still looks like a natural 4 and looks best in LeBron's role when he sits... If we could land Ariza on the buyout market, that'd be great..

Still don't understand the Cook contract... He's only good in garbage time... But he can handle the ball... he just has tunnel vision and doesn't pass, ever.

Cook doesn’t bother me. He’s tested. The year KD got hurt. He was on the floor along with Jerebko, McKinney, and others when Steph was beating Dame and Harden. I mean he’s going to stay ready, not complain about time, and guys genuinely like and respect him.

The only thing I wonder about Trevor is if he will take a buyout. He’s never took a pay cut in his life as a player. Part of the reason he’s where he is at is he left the rockets for the most money with no care of fit and that’s his career story. Even now I would bet that if the Thunder said we won’t pay you to you report, he would show up.

I think we will sign a big in the buyout market. I think whiteside is going to be let go by then. I think Javale will be let go too but we won’t be able to sign him technically unless he is deadline flipped. And I have a feeling Dwight and Doc won’t work full time too.

Frank is an out the box thinker. I think Kieff is stronger than Trez on post D, so I wouldn’t be shocked if we slowly see Trez transition to a more perimeter defender and using Bron and Kieff on post D. Kuz moved from post D to perimeter D and improved. I can see the same happening for Trez and even him having Marc in more as an anchor in the playoffs
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#1083 » by LAKESHOW » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:57 am

heezyo2o wrote:
LAKESHOW wrote:Exactly, Why? He has a house here. He has a wife here, or she was last I checked. Won a championship here. Has a repoire here.
This why I say F DH. He didn't stop to consider what he left us in the last time he was here years ago, after giving him a giant offer. He totally forgot NOONE WANTED HIM, this past year. We picked him up from the trash heap and resurrected his career, his success, and gave him playing time when he couldn't even see the court from other teams. Meaning he saw no good will provided to him, with a Championship organization. And once again, chose to leave for a non contender in Philly. Dwight, good bye, don't care, no blame on us, this is all YOU. Good luck to you, without us even thinking of looking back.

Philly is a contender. They can get to the finals and that's a contender in my book.

No. Thats a reach.. They will not get past the bucks. They will not advace past miami. They can't even get by KD and the Nets. Heck, the lowly Hawks are making waves. Im giving credit to Philly, vastly improved with Doc. But not a contender
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,544

Post#1084 » by stan francisco » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:38 pm

https://www.rotoworld.com/basketball/nba/player/29015/trevor-ariza

Trevor is pulling an Iggy. Make it happen, Rob.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
DNP-Old
Senior
And1: 331

Post#1085 » by DNP-Old » Sat Jan 2, 2021 9:42 pm

stan francisco wrote:Siakam received disciplinary action from his team, has to sit. He’s definitely a player I’d trade Kuzma (and filler) for if his situation became shaky.

That "filler" you speak of would need to be the the $26m range. Not that the Raptors would be interested anyway.
"Be quick, don't hurry" -John Wooden-

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth" -Plato-
DNP-Old
Senior
And1: 331

Post#1086 » by DNP-Old » Sat Jan 2, 2021 9:44 pm

stan francisco wrote:https://www.rotoworld.com/basketball/nba/player/29015/trevor-ariza

Trevor is pulling an Iggy. Make it happen, Rob.

Unless OKC buys him out, LAL doesn't have a viable avenue. Unless you want to trade KCP for him.
"Be quick, don't hurry" -John Wooden-

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth" -Plato-
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#1087 » by Slava » Sun Jan 3, 2021 5:40 pm

I'm loving Ingram's cockiness this season.
:lol:
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#1088 » by snaquille oatmeal » Mon Jan 4, 2021 2:39 am

Forum permissions