The TRADE Thread 2021

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#1 » by City of Trees » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:49 am

***All trade ideas are welcome here as well as any current trade events happening around the NBA.***
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#2 » by City of Trees » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:45 pm

Celtics getting a huge TPE with the Hayward S&T.

Is that Barnes or Buddy's music?
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Post#3 » by blind prophet » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:50 pm

There won't come a better opportunity to escape the Barnes contract than Batum, looks like the Hornets stretched him all ready.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#4 » by City of Trees » Thu Dec 3, 2020 4:42 am

I'm waiting on Randle+pick to Sac for Buddy. Make it happen Monte
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Post#5 » by giannis and 1 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:00 am

Any interest in a swap around Barnes and Brook Lopez?

Barnes for Brook, Augustin, Wilson?

Augustin's 3rd year only has a miniscule amount guaranteed (333k), and Wilson is an expiring (who btw has looked pretty good in preseason). This trade saves you guy a lot of money. Thoughts?
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
MarxyLebronist
Senior
And1: 330

Post#6 » by MarxyLebronist » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:02 am

giannis and 1 wrote:Any interest in a swap around Barnes and Brook Lopez?

Augustin's 3rd year only has a miniscule amount guaranteed (333k), and Wilson is an expiring (who btw has looked pretty good in preseason). This trade saves you guy a lot of money. Thoughts?

Why not?
Shooting C of his caliber sounds great. Why would MIL want this?
You’ll need to take Holmes too.
Ps please also take Hield lol.
Pps you can’t trade Augustin technically, pretty sure.
giannis and 1
Starter

Post#7 » by giannis and 1 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:38 am

MarxyLebronist wrote:

Why not?

Brook is bad at switching and it causes us problems in the playoffs. We would try Barnes at C and see how it goes. Portis is also an option there. Basically, we can afford to downgrade at rim protection, and we need a more mobile center. Barnes shooting is also something that we value.

This trade would happen around the deadline.

I would take Holmes but I don't think his salary would fit.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#8 » by City of Trees » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:04 am

I wouldn't touch this deal.

Sure the Kings break Barnes salary up into two smaller pieces but I don't see the need in doing so without adding an asset to the rebuild OR make this a 3 team deal with a rebuild asset going to Sac.
giannis and 1
Starter

Post#9 » by giannis and 1 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:24 pm

City of Trees wrote:

I wouldn't touch this deal.

Sure the Kings break Barnes salary up into two smaller pieces but I don't see the need in doing so without adding an asset to the rebuild OR make this a 3 team deal with a rebuild asset going to Sac.

We could throw in a future 2nd if that helps but that's about it. We don't have many assets that we could add.
still learning the game

SmellingColors
Pro Prospect
And1: 139

Post#10 » by SmellingColors » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:31 pm

giannis and 1 wrote:
MarxyLebronist wrote:

Why not?

Brook is bad at switching and it causes us problems in the playoffs. We would try Barnes at C and see how it goes. Portis is also an option there. Basically, we can afford to downgrade at rim protection, and we need a more mobile center. Barnes shooting is also something that we value.

Holmes is an asset for us, I highly doubt we would include him in any deal that doesn't add value. Hield as well. I would be incredibly shocked if either one of those players were added just to offload salary.

I'm also not keen on this deal, but I would like to get out from Barnes so if that's the only offer on the table, sure, but it's not inspiring on our end. (Even though I think Lopez is a solid player despite his seeming lack of fit for you guys.)

EDIT: Not that you were including either Holmes/Hield in the deal just referencing the previous post.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#11 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:18 pm

SmellingColors wrote:
giannis and 1 wrote:
MarxyLebronist wrote:
Why not?

Holmes is an asset for us, I highly doubt we would include him in any deal that doesn't add value. Hield as well. I would be incredibly shocked if either one of those players were added just to offload salary.

I'm also not keen on this deal, but I would like to get out from Barnes so if that's the only offer on the table, sure, but it's not inspiring on our end. (Even though I think Lopez is a solid player despite his seeming lack of fit for you guys.)

EDIT: Not that you were including either Holmes/Hield in the deal just referencing the previous post.

Aside from the fact that the Bucks can't move Augustine yet, I think id still ask DDV. I know the Bucks are pressed up against the Hard cap. How much extra can they take on?

Bucks out: DDV, Brook, Wilson
Bucks in: Barnes, 3 2nd round picks

Charlotte out: Zeller, 2 2nd round pick
Charlotte in: Lopez

Kings out: Barnes, 1 2nd round pick
Kings in: DDV, Zeller, Wilson

Bucks get to try the small ball experiment. Get a bunch of 2nd round picks to supplement the team next year.

Charlotte upgraded from Zeller to Lopez at a low cost.

Kings get expirings and DDV who we know we wanted. Then can look to move off Buddy and have Haliburton/Fox/DDV as the back court.

EDIT: This deal has the Bucks adding 2 million. From what I can see they are 4 million below the hard cap (138,928,000) may be wrong here? But if that is the case we could also include Justin James who was initially in the deal to them.
giannis and 1
Starter

Post#12 » by giannis and 1 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:02 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
SmellingColors wrote:
giannis and 1 wrote:Brook is bad at switching and it causes us problems in the playoffs. We would try Barnes at C and see how it goes. Portis is also an option there. Basically, we can afford to downgrade at rim protection, and we need a more mobile center. Barnes shooting is also something that we value.

Aside from the fact that the Bucks can't move Augustine yet, I think id still ask DDV. I know the Bucks are pressed up against the Hard cap. How much extra can they take on?

Bucks get to try the small ball experiment. Get a bunch of 2nd round picks to supplement the team next year.

Kings get expirings and DDV who we know we wanted. Then can look to move off Buddy and have Haliburton/Fox/DDV as the back court.

EDIT: This deal has the Bucks adding 2 million. From what I can see they are 4 million below the hard cap (138,928,000) may be wrong here? But if that is the case we could also include Justin James who was initially in the deal to them.

Can't see the Bucks giving up DDV to take on Barnes' contract. We could MAYBE throw in a 2nd to the original trade, but that's about it.
still learning the game

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#13 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:01 pm

giannis and 1 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
SmellingColors wrote:

Can't see the Bucks giving up DDV to take on Barnes' contract. We could MAYBE throw in a 2nd to the original trade, but that's about it.

Ya id pass on the original trade. Barnes is still a good player at a premium position. We don't win last nights game without him. Dumping him for more contracts we don't want doesn't make sense. Id want an expiring and something of a small asset. or other contracts (brook, augustine) and a real piece.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,583

Post#14 » by NYG » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:50 am

Buddy Hield for Dennis Smith Jr. and Omari Spellman?
MarxyLebronist
Senior
And1: 330

Post#15 » by MarxyLebronist » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:53 pm

1. Any trades with Golden State should be banned by the league given overlap at leadership points. And please keep Dumars off the phones at all times lol.
2. I wonder if Hield and Parker might net Drummond and some sort of pick or young player on a rookie deal still.
TheDominator273
Sixth Man
And1: 1,079

Post#16 » by TheDominator273 » Fri Jan 1, 2021 1:52 am

What kind of value do you guys have for Bagley at the moment? I know he's been injury plagued so far but I like what I've seen to where I'd love to put him next to KAT, but unsure of what type of value he has from your fan base and if the Wolves have the requisite pieces to make a deal work.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,505

Post#17 » by codydaze » Fri Jan 1, 2021 1:57 am

TheDominator273 wrote:What kind of value do you guys have for Bagley at the moment? I know he's been injury plagued so far but I like what I've seen to where I'd love to put him next to KAT, but unsure of what type of value he has from your fan base and if the Wolves have the requisite pieces to make a deal work.

I think if we can move him for a wing, we should pull the trigger and play Barnes at the 4. We'd be looking for a 3&D wing though and I just don't know if that deal is out there. I'm not sure Minny has the pieces we'd be looking to get back.
OscarH
Sophomore
And1: 31

Post#18 » by OscarH » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:15 am

What about a deal based around Culver for Bagley?

I feel like Culver would thrive defensively in this current scheme with his length. Depends on how you feel about his shot but he feels like a lower floor project to Bagley, and much easier to build around.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Post#19 » by blind prophet » Sun Jan 3, 2021 1:49 am

Anyone else see the need for another facilitator after the Houston loss and the horrible offensive display in the second half?

Anyone have any idea of whom we can target?
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#20 » by City of Trees » Sun Jan 3, 2021 2:53 am

I'm still a huge Miles Bridges fan and he looks amazing this year.

Fox
Haliburton
Bridges
Barnes
Holmes

:nod:

Return to Sacramento Kings