ImageImageImage

2021 Fantasy B-Ball

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Re: 2020 Fantasy Basketball Thread (Dynasty/Premier/G-League) 

Post#161 » by Kerrsed » Sat Jan 2, 2021 7:13 am

Golanator wrote:So Haliburton is out for several weeks, why can't I put him on IR?

Because he hasnt been formally listed as injured. They currently have him listed as out (Out and injured are different). Im sure in the next day or so they will upgrade him to injured and thus allowing him to be put on the IR.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,339

Post#162 » by sunskerr » Sun Jan 3, 2021 4:00 am

Mr Boucher I love the effort mate but could you please do it when I start you?

Learning about Nick Nurses rotations and WHAT KIND OF big men he plays Boucher big minutes against has been pretty fun so far though. I'm guessing it's guys who are bigger than Boucher who can actually post up are the ones he will limit Boucher against. I thought he'd limit the minutes today vs Zion and Adams but apparently that was not the case, perhaps because they cannot post up.

So far I've been content to play Mason Plumlee as the only other big on my team but if my theory bears out then I'll probably have to start deploying Boucher when he has a favorable matchup.

ps I just found Fox's new nickname: DeAaron Stox
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#163 » by Golanator » Mon Jan 4, 2021 4:14 am

Dynasty

Lillard 32/4/4 with 6 3PTM
Westbrook 20/5/10/2
Gobert 7/16/1 with 6 blocks

Premier

LeBron 22/13/8/1 with 3 3PTM
George 39/3/4/2/1 with 7 3PTM (dammit :evil: )
DLo 18/4/7/2/1 with 4 3PTM
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#164 » by sunskerr » Mon Jan 4, 2021 8:00 am

edit: if anyone wants desmond bane for a 2nd round pick let me know.
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#165 » by wheezy » Mon Jan 4, 2021 12:58 pm

Jaylen has been on an absolute tear this year for sure.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#166 » by Kerrsed » Tue Jan 5, 2021 10:15 pm

Just so everyone is aware, i was correct and players league placed on COVID-contact protocol show up as (INJURED) on Yahoo, so adding that 3rd spot works exactly as intended. But there is some iffy-ness to it. Durant was placed on it yesterday and showed up injured in Yahoo, thus allowing me to grab another player off waivers, but for some reason when Wall and Gordon both had to sit out for Houston because of COVID-contact protocol, they didnt get the injured label. I dont know if Yahoo just screwed up as it was the first couple days and didnt know if they would be designating COVID restricted players as injured or not, but i do know that they did this for Durant.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,364

Post#167 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 7:36 am

Geez sunskerr...you just made a huge leap in dynasty. I need to make some moves instead of carrying 3 rookies on my bench. I guess I just made one.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#168 » by sunskerr » Wed Jan 6, 2021 9:45 am

Thanks. I figured you'd move on from stashing all those rookies. Although I myself have 2 rookies that I really like. Justin Holiday was a guy I had been trying to accommodate for a few days so I'm jealous you got him.

Prior to Kyrie's injury last year, I was projected for a 3rd or 4th finish, but I didn't expect to take such a leap. The only guy who is overperforming is Jaylen Brown. Amazing what a difference plugging in Kyrie has made - he's easily been my best player. Hope I can hold on because I did pour a lot of effort into this season, much more than I did when I played the yearly G and premier leagues.
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#169 » by wheezy » Wed Jan 6, 2021 4:12 pm

sunskerr wrote:Thanks. I figured you'd move on from stashing all those rookies. Although I myself have 2 rookies that I really like. Justin Holiday was a guy I had been trying to accommodate for a few days so I'm jealous you got him.

Prior to Kyrie's injury last year, I was projected for a 3rd or 4th finish, but I didn't expect to take such a leap. The only guy who is overperforming is Jaylen Brown. Amazing what a difference plugging in Kyrie has made - he's easily been my best player. Hope I can hold on because I did pour a lot of effort into this season, much more than I did when I played the yearly G and premier leagues.

Are you going to jump back in to the yearly leagues at any point?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#170 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 5:35 pm

sunskerr wrote:Thanks. I figured you'd move on from stashing all those rookies. Although I myself have 2 rookies that I really like. Justin Holiday was a guy I had been trying to accommodate for a few days so I'm jealous you got him.

Looks like I will be making another add with Hayes out. He is the one rookie I would not have dropped (but not started either) so this actually works out well for me to add another vet.
dmastro32
Rookie
And1: 502

Post#171 » by dmastro32 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:45 am

Damn fultz was just starting to play well
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#172 » by sunskerr » Thu Jan 7, 2021 7:31 am

wheezy wrote:

Are you going to jump back in to the yearly leagues at any point?

Probably not. I don't really enjoy yearly 8 cat roto and the whole promotion/demotion system while fun just felt like a crapshoot with regards to which teams are successful or not (because of injuries or freak breakouts etc.). Right now in general I find 9 cat h2h has by far the most team building strategy behind it which is the most interesting part of fantasy to me. I find the dynasty stuff fun too because there is different kind of thinking that goes into building teams, and I don't have to worry about being demoted because my skills (or my lack of :lol:) can be shown over the course of years.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,166

Post#173 » by MrMiyagi » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:18 pm

Well, I think my season is pretty much done in Dynasty.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
MrMiyagi

Post#174 » by MrMiyagi » Thu Jan 7, 2021 7:08 pm

Hayward and KD are each available for a young player and a high draft pick.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
MrMiyagi

Post#175 » by MrMiyagi » Fri Jan 8, 2021 12:26 am

WOJ BOMB IN DYNASTY:
Waxed On is trading Kevin Durant, Gordon Hayward and a 3rd round pick to the Bigfoot Ballers for Zion Williamson, Kevin Huerter and a 2nd round pick.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#176 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 1:26 am

MrMiyagi wrote:WOJ BOMB IN DYNASTY:
Waxed On is trading Kevin Durant, Gordon Hayward and a 3rd round pick to the Bigfoot Ballers for Zion Williamson, Kevin Huerter and a 2nd round pick.

LOL, that trade is WAY too lopsided. I think it would be lopsided if you were getting Ball instead of Huerter and a 1st instead of a 2nd.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,164

Post#177 » by bigfoot » Fri Jan 8, 2021 1:44 am

bwgood77 wrote:

LOL, that trade is WAY too lopsided. I think it would be lopsided if you were getting Ball instead of Huerter and a 1st instead of a 2nd.

15 years of top talent developing youth for 3 or 4 years of KD and GH who are both injury risks. You're looking at too short of a timeline. There is no way I would give up Zion and Ball for two older players.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#178 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 2:06 am

bigfoot wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

15 years of top talent developing youth for 3 or 4 years of KD and GH who are both injury risks. You're looking at too short of a timeline. There is no way I would give up Zion and Ball for two older players.

You're talking about a top 10 (close to top 5) player and another top 20 player...probably for 5 years on KD and more like 7 for Hayward.

This for a bordeline keeper and Zion who is not really a strong fantasy guy. It's just hope that he fixes his FT%, and starts to get more assists and blocks...he probably will have decent points, rebounds, steals and a nice FG%, but will likely also try to shoot more 3s, likely at a not great %, and it will hurt that FG%.

I guess the good thing for you is that you inherited a bad team, and now have two top 5 or so players and another top 20 or so player and a nice young prospect, so you can compete and have a guy you like for the future...and kept your first even though you got two all star players.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,164

Post#179 » by bigfoot » Fri Jan 8, 2021 2:50 am

bwgood77 wrote:
bigfoot wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

You're talking about a top 10 (close to top 5) player and another top 20 player...probably for 5 years on KD and more like 7 for Hayward.

This for a bordeline keeper and Zion who is not really a strong fantasy guy. It's just hope that he fixes his FT%, and starts to get more assists and blocks...he probably will have decent points, rebounds, steals and a nice FG%, but will likely also try to shoot more 3s, likely at a not great %, and it will hurt that FG%.

I guess the good thing for you is that you inherited a bad team, and now have two top 5 or so players and another top 20 or so player and a nice young prospect, so you can compete and have a guy you like for the future...and kept your first even though you got two all star players.

Hayward is 31 in March. He isn't even a top 20 player right now. In 7 more years he is 38. He will be a serviceable bench player by 35 so long as injuries don't continue and will be a borderline keeper.

Durant is 33 this year. He might be able to play at a top 30 level at 36, again so long as injuries don't derail his career any further. After all, Lebron is 36 and is top 20 now. Not sure if James will sustain that at 38 and he is an ironman compared to KD.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#180 » by sunskerr » Fri Jan 8, 2021 2:56 am

A lot of top (1st-2nd round value) players become mid round fantasy talent once they're 35, 36 years old. Off the top of my head, the players that old who provide elite per game value are...LeBron James. They almost never stay 1st round value that old. 5 years is a stretch for a 32 year old, since they'd be 37 by the end of that time frame. I'd wager KD is about 3-4 years of top per game value since the only guy you can compare in talent to him is LeBron.

No fing way Hayward is relevant in 7 years too. He's 30 and not in the same league as KD/LeBron. Steph is another guy I'd wager retains his elite production into his mid 30s.

You also have to remember that players like KD will be playing less games as they age, so whilst their per game numbers may be elite, their total value is hindered, since we play roto (one reason I think we should be doing h2h).

You should never ever expect to get younger in a trade and still get some comparable level of production during the same season in return. Never ever ever. It's impossible and people will laugh at you for trying to trade your old mid round value guys for even young ROLE players with potential that are currently producing mid or mid-late round value.

That being said I still think the trade is a little lopsided in favour of the KD+Hayward side. But I think if the trade was like Zion for KD then it would have been more fair. Zion is not a top player right now with his weaknesses but is a top PROSPECT due to his 1) current production and 2) age. Or you could have cut the pick swap.

I'm more surprised such a big deal got done so quickly but if Zion is the guy you wanted then you got the guy you wanted and can just focus 100% on putting together a good team around him.

Return to Phoenix Suns