ImageImageImage

Welcome Seth Curry

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,516

Re: Welcome Seth Curry 

Post#61 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:41 am

JJ is better moving off ball. He knows the angles. While Seth has better ball handling and can do some create. That gives you a chance of this working in the play-offs.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,516

Post#62 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:30 pm

I dont think we need Harden

Read on Twitter
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
sodmoraes
Rookie
And1: 536

Post#63 » by sodmoraes » Sun Jan 3, 2021 1:17 am

Jrich may be a better player, but Curry fits us wayyy better... He's getting more confortable in playing here, i think he will average 15-18 ppg. He may not have Reddicks quick trigger but he can handle a bit and shoot of the dribble. Great trade for us.

Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
aHealthy3
Rookie
And1: 301

Post#64 » by aHealthy3 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 1:19 am

Seth looks awesome, the shot is automatic when he's open as advertised and I've been pleasantly surprised with his abilities off the dribble. Looks way more capable of handling the secondary creator role we tried to force JRich into last year.
Sam Hinkie wrote:The illusion of control is an opiate, though.
Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,387

Post#65 » by Hussien Fatal » Sun Jan 3, 2021 2:46 am

Seth is by far the most efficient low volume scorer in the league. Dude just takes smart shots and he is an unbelievable shooter.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Post#66 » by zaz102 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 2:56 am

Nice to have him on a three year deal. If he continues close to whats he's been doing, you can always use a player like him.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#67 » by Arsenal » Sun Jan 3, 2021 3:01 am

Hussien Fatal wrote:Seth is by far the most efficient low volume scorer in the league. Dude just takes smart shots and he is an unbelievable shooter.

The perfect complement to unlock the Ben + Jo lineup. Thank god for Morey. Curry is a crazy bargain for the next 3 years too.
Embiid-MVP
Junior
And1: 219

Post#68 » by Embiid-MVP » Sun Jan 3, 2021 3:03 am

I love how after the first game there was a guy and others claiming how this isn't working and why it's not working lol. Just give it time. Seth is a really good player and he's showing us
:banghead:
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#69 » by Sixerscan » Sun Jan 3, 2021 3:39 am

It's kind of crazy how he just never takes a bad shot. He's not gonna keep shooting 50+% from 3 lol but the guy can ball.
Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Post#70 » by Aussiepiston1 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 4:15 am

Freaking love this dude, can’t believe how underrated and underpaid he is.
Bertans and Harris are getting double and we’ve got him locked up for 3 more years.
Kinda offsets Tobi’s deal especially the way he’s playing too.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#71 » by TTP » Sun Jan 3, 2021 5:47 am

Arsenal wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:Seth is by far the most efficient low volume scorer in the league. Dude just takes smart shots and he is an unbelievable shooter.

The perfect complement to unlock the Ben + Jo lineup. Thank god for Morey. Curry is a crazy bargain for the next 3 years too.

I was hoping we'd sign him back in summer 2016 after he was good with the Kings in a limited sample the previous year. Colangelo decided to give Bayless 3 yrs for 27 mil instead. Meanwhile the Mavs get Curry on 2 for 5.9 deal.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
aHealthy3
Rookie
And1: 301

Post#72 » by aHealthy3 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 5:55 am

It's unreal how we got 3/24 of Seth for an expiring Josh. DMorey goated.
Sam Hinkie wrote:The illusion of control is an opiate, though.
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#73 » by Black Mage » Sun Jan 3, 2021 6:48 am

aHealthy3 wrote:It's unreal how we got 3/24 of Seth for an expiring Josh. DMorey goated.

Wonder where all those peeps who blasted this trade as getting the lesser player are at now. :lol:
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#74 » by Arsenal » Sun Jan 3, 2021 11:39 am

Sixerscan wrote:It's kind of crazy how he just never takes a bad shot. He's not gonna keep shooting 50+% from 3 lol but the guy can ball.

That’s my one minor issue. He flat out should shoot more. He turns down open but contested 3’s where he can get it off but it’s not wide open.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,178

Post#75 » by M2J » Sun Jan 3, 2021 3:56 pm

Arsenal wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:It's kind of crazy how he just never takes a bad shot. He's not gonna keep shooting 50+% from 3 lol but the guy can ball.

That’s my one minor issue. He flat out should shoot more. He turns down open but contested 3’s where he can get it off but it’s not wide open.

I agree. He should definitely shoot more. Through the preseason and first couple of games, he wasn't getting off very many threes, wasn't handling much out of the pick and roll, and it looked like Shake really needed to start to have a half court ball handler and floor spacer.

Seth's play as as ball handler in this small sample size recently has been a revelation. He doesn't do a whole lot of dribbling, but has been very efficient there as a passer, penetrator, and playing off of the starters.

It's looking like both he and Shake benefit more from playing with the starters (as I thought), but I think it's just a matter of time before the lineups and rotations stay to fully make sense. I think the lineup we saw Saturday could help Shake. Instead of playing all bench players as we saw often the first few games... Staggering more with starters Ben/Shake/Maxey is a way for him to get Shake open shots, instead of generating them for himself or others.

As the schedule strengthens, hopefully Seth continues his effective play in this role, because if it stands up against real competition it's a game changer.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,797

Post#76 » by HotelVitale » Sun Jan 3, 2021 8:38 pm

Arsenal wrote:

I've been wondering if that stat about all-time 3pt% is in his head, cuz he does pass up shots that it seems like he can likely get off. Haven't seen enough to know if it's about trusting in his closeout game, but I really hope he can figure out a way to move past it.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#77 » by LloydFree » Sun Jan 3, 2021 10:08 pm

HotelVitale wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

I've been wondering if that stat about all-time 3pt% is in his head, cuz he does pass up shots that it seems like he can likely get off. Haven't seen enough to know if it's about trusting in his closeout game, but I really hope he can figure out a way to move past it.

I wouldn't worry about his reluctance to take contested 3's too much. It's not ideal, but it isn't something that is going to kill us, because he can dribble past the closeout and score. It's not like Covington (can't dribble) or Saric (mediocre shooter and slow as F) who couldn't do anything against a strong closeout.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
bball4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,263

Post#78 » by bball4life » Mon Jan 4, 2021 7:32 pm

HotelVitale wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

His FG% dropped to 27% last year on closely contested three point attempts. I think what he's doing is probably ideal.
syntax
Sixth Man
And1: 651

Post#79 » by syntax » Tue Jan 5, 2021 8:02 am

Underrated handles and playmaking ability. Can finish at the rim or pull up for the midrange. 3pt shooting is elite - everyone knows that. Wouldn't mind the ball in his hands a bit more?
Lou_23
Bench Warmer
And1: 725

Post#80 » by Lou_23 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:41 pm

6\6 from 3 in a quarter. Wow

His trade looks great

Return to Philadelphia 76ers