Image ImageImage Image

Lauri:' I can make the comeback'

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Lauri extension?

Don't want to see one happen - let him show me more first
33%
4 years/$40M-$50M
18%
4 year/$50M-$65M
23%
4 years/$65M-$80M
18%
4 years/$80M+
5%
Other (explain)
3%

Total votes: 122

Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,289

Re: Lauri:' I can make the comeback' 

Post#1141 » by Stratmaster » Sun Jan 3, 2021 3:00 pm

League Circles wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
League Circles wrote:Very vaguely, the caliber of player that I think could reasonably be targeted by the Bulls are guys in the Derozan/Westbrook/Chris Paul etc range.
Would you trade Zach, Lauri and Carter for any 1 of those 3 players?

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

All three of them? No. And I don't think it would have been necessary to offer that much.
Who would you trade for one of those players, and do you think the trade would be accepted?

League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,131

Post#1142 » by League Circles » Sun Jan 3, 2021 6:35 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
League Circles wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:Would you trade Zach, Lauri and Carter for any 1 of those 3 players?

All three of them? No. And I don't think it would have been necessary to offer that much.
Who would you trade for one of those players, and do you think the trade would be accepted?

It's kind of a moot point now so this is off the top of my head without too much thought or analysis, but maybe something like Coby White, Thad Young, Felicio, Hutchison and our 2021 draft pick. I'm not suggesting that such players were ours for the taking or anything, just saying that I think at this point, we have too many young guys trying to make a name for themselves and we need consolidation, even if it ends up appearing that we "lost" the trade. It would appear that we lost the trade when we traded Artest and Brad Miller (and Mercer) for Jalen Rose, but IMO it's quite possible that that opened up things for guys like Tyson, Eddy, and Jamal to excel a bit more.

On a good team these types of concerns aren't as important because I think it's easier to convince younger talented guys to embrace a needed role. On a bad team with lots of talent (which is what I consider us currently), it's hard to convince guys that them playing 35 mpg and taking 20 shots isn't a great idea. I don't blame the players, it's natural to think that way when losses are piling up. I just think it's poor roster balance.

We basically have 6 players that no one could blame for thinking they should be featured more than they are now:
Coby
Zach
Porter
Williams
Lauri
Wendell

IMO, 4 of such guys would be plenty. Yet some posters want to "get as many picks as we can" to have, IDK, maybe 9 such players. Hard to remember that working in the NBA.

Obviously Porter is ideal to move (from our perspective), and one of Coby and Zach for IMO obvious reasons. Lauri probably comes after them because of contract status and questionable durability and intensity. Wendell hasn't impressed but has been solid for a young C and has that extra year left on the rookie scale. I'd say Williams and Zach should be our most valued assets right now. I don't think we're in a must trade situation, but we might be in a month or two IMO.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#1143 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 8:42 pm

Lauri has certainly been one of if not the most consistent offensive player we've had. He's finally shooting the 3 ball really well too, and hopefully he can maintain over 40% all season.

Also hopefully he can stay healthy and be back soon. I think he would have been back tonight but looks like he's in quarantine for leagues health and safety protocol.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,376

Post#1144 » by DuckIII » Sun Jan 3, 2021 9:10 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:Lauri has certainly been one of if not the most consistent offensive player we've had. He's finally shooting the 3 ball really well too, and hopefully he can maintain over 40% all season.

Also hopefully he can stay healthy and be back soon. I think he would have been back tonight but looks like he's in quarantine for leagues health and safety protocol.

He’s also been taking bigs off the dribble and posting up mismatches. He’s been more physical and aggressive defensively too. Lauri has had the most encouraging start on the team in my opinion. And I’m one of the fans who after last season is on the cusp of walking away from him.

Keep bringing it big guy.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
PhilLeotardo
Junior
And1: 220

Post#1145 » by PhilLeotardo » Sun Jan 3, 2021 9:11 pm

DorO wrote:
Jiipee84 wrote:
DorO wrote:Not surprised that Lauri is injured again, same season after season. He is not built to play NBA level game for longer stretches and thus he can never make any comeback. I don’t know which NBA team is willing to have black hole in D unless he comes from bench as 6th-7th man with limited minutes.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/261041/Chandler-Hutchison-Tests-Positive-For-COVID-19
So based in your opinion Lauri should have broke NBA's Covid-19 rules and health and safety protocol
and play last two games ( Wizards and Bucks ) after that when Chandler Hutchinson was tested positive to Covid-19.
Are you totally lost your mind if you really think that-way.

Also i can't understand how freaking difficult it is to do first basic background research today
and try found out new updates before to start posting that type **** in here.

Even 10 yrs old kid can use google today so next time do your research first and post after that.
And what comes that calf-contusion maybe it really wasn't so bad as first thought.
Coach Donovan has offcially confirmed Lauri wasn't out of Wizards game due to calf-contusion.
The reason was that Lauri was out due to NBA's Covid-19 protocol because he may have been exposed for Covid-19.

By the way Lauri has got quarantined in Chicago does that make him again injury prone huh ?

Lauri is very injury prone and the fact does not need google search. He has injured every season, now calf, and in some seasons several times. That’s the part you get eating vegan diet, not strengthen your body enough in off season or not hiring fysio coach - I don’t know which is the most meaningful reason for him getting injured like all the time. Nothing to do with covid which is obvious to everyone.

If RGM had a facepalm emoji, I’d be hammering away at it right now

1- wut

2-no

3- ive been vegan for 7 years now. My life has improved in every imaginable way. My gains in the gym have increased exponentially, my cholesterol evened out, I sleep better, I feel better in every conceivable way, and my athletic performance is worlds better than it was 10 years ago, and most of all my mind is in a better place. Millions of people are avoiding animal products, for obvious reasons, and their lives are improving because of it

4- Im pretty sure the dude isn’t even vegan, but even if he was, who cares? Why are you keeping tabs on a complete stranger’s dietary regiments?

5- LM can’t stay on the floor because his body’s durability is the drizzling sh**s. He’s got sub-par bodily durability for the NBA. 99.999999999999999999999% of humans don’t have NBA bodies, let alone durable NBA bodies. LMs genetics make it so that he will likely always have back issues that will only get worse as he ages, thus limiting his general range of motion & causing him to miss valuable playing time. It’s not astrophysics...really not that complicated

He’d be much better off in EU, where the talent sucks, the schedule is infinitely more chilled out & less rigorous, and the style of play is far less grueling on the body. It’s why I think he’s a prime candidate to return to EU in a couple years. He’s a poor fit for the NBA, at least as far as being a consistent starter in the NBA is concerned
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,536

Post#1146 » by PaKii94 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 9:26 pm

DuckIII wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:Lauri has certainly been one of if not the most consistent offensive player we've had. He's finally shooting the 3 ball really well too, and hopefully he can maintain over 40% all season.

He’s also been taking bigs off the dribble and posting up mismatches. He’s been more physical and aggressive defensively too. Lauri has had the most encouraging start on the team in my opinion. And I’m one of the fans who after last season is on the cusp of walking away from him.

Keep bringing it big guy.

I expected this all last year so I'm not really surprised by his play. Frankly after he got over his slow start and oblique, he was already playing like this just had extremely low usage. Instead of 4 drive attempts a quarter, he would be lucky getting that for the game. F**king Boylen.

Anyway it does seem like he's improved his handle a bit (he is getting stripped less) and his shot looks quicker/smoother which is encouraging.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,676

Post#1147 » by GoBlue72391 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 9:59 pm

PhilLeotardo wrote:
DorO wrote:
Jiipee84 wrote:
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/261041/Chandler-Hutchison-Tests-Positive-For-COVID-19
So based in your opinion Lauri should have broke NBA's Covid-19 rules and health and safety protocol
and play last two games ( Wizards and Bucks ) after that when Chandler Hutchinson was tested positive to Covid-19.
Are you totally lost your mind if you really think that-way.

Also i can't understand how freaking difficult it is to do first basic background research today
and try found out new updates before to start posting that type **** in here.

Even 10 yrs old kid can use google today so next time do your research first and post after that.
And what comes that calf-contusion maybe it really wasn't so bad as first thought.
Coach Donovan has offcially confirmed Lauri wasn't out of Wizards game due to calf-contusion.
The reason was that Lauri was out due to NBA's Covid-19 protocol because he may have been exposed for Covid-19.

By the way Lauri has got quarantined in Chicago does that make him again injury prone huh ?

Lauri is very injury prone and the fact does not need google search. He has injured every season, now calf, and in some seasons several times. That’s the part you get eating vegan diet, not strengthen your body enough in off season or not hiring fysio coach - I don’t know which is the most meaningful reason for him getting injured like all the time. Nothing to do with covid which is obvious to everyone.

If RGM had a facepalm emoji, I’d be hammering away at it right now

1- wut

2-no

3- ive been vegan for 7 years now. My life has improved in every imaginable way. My gains in the gym have increased exponentially, my cholesterol evened out, I sleep better, I feel better in every conceivable way, and my athletic performance is worlds better than it was 10 years ago, and most of all my mind is in a better place. Millions of people are avoiding animal products, for obvious reasons, and their lives are improving because of it

4- Im pretty sure the dude isn’t even vegan, but even if he was, who cares? Why are you keeping tabs on a complete stranger’s dietary regiments?

5- LM can’t stay on the floor because his body’s durability is the drizzling sh**s. He’s got sub-par bodily durability for the NBA. 99.999999999999999999999% of humans don’t have NBA bodies, let alone durable NBA bodies. LMs genetics make it so that he will likely always have back issues that will only get worse as he ages, thus limiting his general range of motion & causing him to miss valuable playing time. It’s not astrophysics...really not that complicated

He’d be much better off in EU, where the talent sucks, the schedule is infinitely more chilled out & less rigorous, and the style of play is far less grueling on the body. It’s why I think he’s a prime candidate to return to EU in a couple years. He’s a poor fit for the NBA, at least as far as being a consistent starter in the NBA is concerned
You just keep repeating the same things about Lauri over and over and over again. What are you trying to accomplish by repeating your obviously biased agenda? Convince others to be as deluded as you?

Lauri is not Dirk, but he's also not nearly as bad as you make him out to be. There's more to NBA basketball than hall of fame talent and out of the league scrub. A lot more. Lauri is neither of those things, because there's that vast space between hall of famer and total scrub that he falls in.

Sent from my SM-S757BL using RealGM mobile app
GoBlue72391
General Manager

Post#1148 » by GoBlue72391 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 10:01 pm

So when can we expect Lauri to return? I heard some people say he's expected to be back after tonight's game against the Mavs, but I haven't seen anything confirming that.

WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,762

Post#1149 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Jan 3, 2021 10:42 pm

GoBlue72391 wrote:So when can we expect Lauri to return? I heard some people say he's expected to be back after tonight's game against the Mavs, but I haven't seen anything confirming that.

Certainly at some point this upcoming week. I would not mind if he misses another after tonight. Don’t want to be a lingering issue. A bruise should heal in a week with the kind treatment he is surely getting though.
GoBlue72391
General Manager

Post#1150 » by GoBlue72391 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 10:58 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:So when can we expect Lauri to return? I heard some people say he's expected to be back after tonight's game against the Mavs, but I haven't seen anything confirming that.

Certainly at some point this upcoming week. I would not mind if he misses another after tonight. Don’t want to be a lingering issue. A bruise should heal in a week with the kind treatment he is surely getting though.
I was more referring to the quarantine/COVID protocol he's currently undergoing right now, but I hope you're right.

ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#1151 » by ZOMG » Sun Jan 3, 2021 10:59 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:

Isn't the quarantine at least 7 days?

It's only been a few so far.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,762

Post#1152 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Jan 3, 2021 11:58 pm

ZOMG wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

Isn't the quarantine at least 7 days?

It's only been a few so far.

I thought we were talking about his calf injury, but that 7 days would still be up by next weekend.
Swuul
Junior
And1: 276

Post#1153 » by Swuul » Mon Jan 4, 2021 2:16 pm

ZOMG wrote:Isn't the quarantine at least 7 days?

Sato, Arci and Lauri came back from Washington by car last Friday (as per NBA Covid safety protocols the three couldn't take a plane back from Washington due to them having had breakfast together with Hutch before he tested positive). Now that Sato has tested positive, Arci and Lauri has to provide a negative Covid test on Saturday to be freed from the NBA Covid safety protocols.

EDIT: To clarify, the three were in the same minivan from Washington to Chicago.
There are three kinds of people: Those who can count, and those who can't.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant

Post#1154 » by ZOMG » Mon Jan 4, 2021 2:25 pm

Swuul wrote:

Sato, Arci and Lauri came back from Washington by car last Friday (as per NBA Covid safety protocols the three couldn't take a plane back from Washington due to them having had breakfast together with Hutch before he tested positive). Now that Sato has tested positive, Arci and Lauri has to provide a negative Covid test on Saturday to be freed from the NBA Covid safety protocols.

EDIT: To clarify, the three were in the same minivan from Washington to Chicago.

Yup. Sato probably wasn't yet infectious himself at that point, though. I'm basing this on the fact that the players are tested every day, so they probably caught Sato's covid really early.

Looks like he had some really bad luck.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,624

Post#1155 » by dougthonus » Tue Jan 5, 2021 2:50 am

Swuul wrote:

Thanks for the info, that makes sense.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,952

Post#1156 » by Chi town » Tue Jan 5, 2021 4:52 pm

So Lauri will be back Friday then?

Hutch is out 10 days from last Wed so Friday too?
ZOMG
Lead Assistant

Post#1157 » by ZOMG » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:10 pm

Chi town wrote:So Lauri will be back Friday then?

Hutch is out 10 days from last Wed so Friday too?

Hutch has covid. Who knows how long he'll be out. Depends.

Apparently Lauri is still negative and he has a 7 day quarantine, having been exposed to Hutch. Last Thu was his first quarantine day I guess, that's the first game he (along with Sato and Arch) missed because of this.

If Lauri stays negative, IMO he should be back in a few days.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,681

Post#1158 » by madvillian » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:55 pm

I just hope that there's no long term issues for Hutch or anybody else that gets it. The vascular stuff is concerning, especially in athletes. Thanks for all the info here the NBA isn't doing a good job explaining this to the fans! I know a lot of people are frustrated.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,017

Post#1159 » by FriedRise » Wed Jan 6, 2021 5:13 pm

Caption says “Soon”
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,536

Post#1160 » by PaKii94 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 8:14 pm

FriedRise wrote: