All this talk about Steph being "exposed"

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

All this talk about Steph being "exposed" 

Post#1 » by clyde21 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 5:26 am

and I go check his stats

and he's averaging 27-5-7-2 in 32 minutes on 23 PER and 58 TS%.

if this is Steph "exposed" i feel sorry for the rest of the league. :lol:
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Re: All this talk about Steph being "exposed" 

Post#2 » by marthafokker » Sun Jan 3, 2021 5:49 am

Look at percentages. These are Iverson stats, not Curry stats.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,560

Post#3 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Sun Jan 3, 2021 5:51 am

The general board somehow thinks he should also psychically will the other players to make shots. If he's not doing that? Exposed.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#4 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Jan 3, 2021 6:10 am

Look....let's be real about this.

They are full of chit at the moment.

HOWEVER....if Curry doesn't LEAD this team out of their funk by at LEAST playing to the level of his own game...then he is exposed a bit. The greats...LeBron, Durant...that level...don't wait until the team is doing great around them BEFORE THEY do well.

Example, Damion came out on fire...put the Warriors away early. Curry couldn't hit anything and has shot VERY poorly in the first half of games so far.

He's on the spot. This is HIS team to lead. He needs to show up and set the team in the right direction.

So yeah...if he flounders and shoots poorly for much of the year....I think calling him "exposed" is legit.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#5 » by clyde21 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 6:15 am

marthafokker wrote:Look at percentages. These are Iverson stats, not Curry stats.

lol...58 TS% would rank as Iverson's BEST shooting season by a whole 2 points
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#6 » by xdrta+ » Sun Jan 3, 2021 6:24 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Look....let's be real about this.

HOWEVER....if Curry doesn't LEAD this team out of their funk by at LEAST playing to the level of his own game...then he is exposed a bit. The greats...LeBron, Durant...that level...don't wait until the team is doing great around them BEFORE THEY do well.

Example, Damion came out on fire...put the Warriors away early. Curry couldn't hit anything and has shot VERY poorly in the first half of games so far.

He's on the spot. This is HIS team to lead. He needs to show up and set the team in the right direction.

So yeah...if he flounders and shoots poorly for much of the year....I think calling him "exposed" is legit.

"Exposed" as what? That he could have a bad season? That everything he has done for the past 5 years was fake, just smoke and mirrors? I have no idea what you think he would be "exposed" as.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#7 » by clyde21 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 6:28 am

i think Steph needs to do a better job of attacking, he needs to recognize that the usual touch isn't there right now and that recognition needs to happen in game in real time and if he feels it's off he needs to have a contingency plan...a lot of good things happened the last few games when he attacked the lanes, whether finishing by himself or on drive-kicks...so i agree he needs to be a lot more aggro in that department

but i have no idea what 'exposed' even means...exposed as what?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#8 » by FNQ » Sun Jan 3, 2021 7:26 am

The General Board is basically the equivalent of the Warriors from 95-05.. you might find something worth salvaging but its buried under enormous piles of ****
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#9 » by Coxy » Sun Jan 3, 2021 8:47 am

FNQ wrote:The General Board is basically the equivalent of the Warriors from 95-05.. you might find something worth salvaging but its buried under enormous piles of ****

It’s not a good time to visit the GB. It’s a cesspool.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,375

Post#10 » by svart » Sun Jan 3, 2021 2:36 pm

It's also fun. Raps were robbed by the refs again, for example

But, yes, a lot of haters, and you can't even argue with some if them, it's clear they don't understand how this game of basketball works, nor have they watch any of the games they are talking about .

It's funny how much hate even wiggins is receiving. Amazing , the stupidity there is amazing.

The dubs are living in their heads
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,321

Post#11 » by NeoWarriors » Sun Jan 3, 2021 3:04 pm

You know, we've seen Steph start slow before. And it was always after he didn't play in the summer. Not only did he not play this last summer, he hasn't played since last March. I have full faith that Steph will find his rhythm again. As far as nobody else hitting shots, I'm hoping that will come too. I honestly feel that Oubre and Wiggins have redundant skills. I would prefer Damion Lee or even Jordan Poole starting at shooting guard. At least Poole knows how to work off ball.

Sent from my Golden State Warriors Protoast Elite toaster using RealGM mobile app
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,396

Post#12 » by SpreeChokeJob » Sun Jan 3, 2021 5:00 pm

I’ve seen teams target him early in the defense which collapses the team’s defense and then on the other end they make him the focal point sending most of their guys against him.

The team is missing Klay and Iguodala on the defensive end and offensive end. Klay is a two way player with size and quickness. Iguodala is defensive genius with play making ability and brains on the court.

Maybe this board is right to break out Jerry Sloan’s playbook and spam them with Curry Wiseman pick and roll. But on the defensive end there is no replacing Klay and Iguodala as team defenders.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#13 » by xdrta+ » Sun Jan 3, 2021 5:10 pm

When something is "exposed" it is shown for what it really is. So a slow start shows Steph for what he really is? Which is what? A fake great player? That's what it sounds like. I wish someone would explain "exposed."
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#14 » by tarantism » Sun Jan 3, 2021 5:29 pm

A lot of LeBron stans are just venting their frustrations because the Warriors ran the league for 5 years of his prime. I've had several argue that they need to tear down Curry so that LeBron can get the credit he deserves. That's usually when I walk away from the conversation.

In short, the Warriors struggles just make them feel better, so they bang pots and pans about it. Probably doesn't help that Curry is about 10 billion times more likeable.

Sent from my LM-X220PM using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
jaymo123
Starter
And1: 761

Post#15 » by jaymo123 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 5:47 pm

I think the 'exposed' thing is stupid. Other than Curry's 3-point shooting, what else is he suppose to do? Teams are loading up on Curry and he is finding the open man and nobody is hitting shots at the moment. Also, he shouldn't be averaging almost a many rebounds as the big men on the team.

If Curry is exposed, I guess the Nuggets Murray has been exposed. I guess Greek Freak is exposed with his 9-point and 11-point games this season, and Tray Young was exposed last night for losing to Cleveland.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#16 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Jan 3, 2021 7:12 pm

xdrta+ wrote:When something is "exposed" it is shown for what it really is. So a slow start shows Steph for what he really is? Which is what? A fake great player? That's what it sounds like. I wish someone would explain "exposed."

That's a good take.

My version of it: Steph has shown that he can thrive in an open ball movement system when there are multiple great shooters around him. He has show less of an ability to set the tone of a game early and lead the team while being the single offensive focus.
"He's a system guy" has been one of the suggestions....has achieved MVP's with great teams around him and a system that allows him to move off the ball and get him the ball in many different ways.

Question: Can Steph, as THE offensive weapon on the team, dominate and play well to get an average team into the playoffs?
Put another way, if you put Steph on the Wolves, would they get into the Playoffs?
Because if you put LeBron, Durant, AD, Harden...the answer is very likely yes.

So the exposure I'm thinking of is possibly revealing that Steph is a much much less effective scorer when he's the primary scorer AND THAT HE IS NOT ON THE LEVEL OF OTHER TOP PLAYERS in that context.

I hope he goes off.....leads the Warriors with an MVP year! btw :)
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#17 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 7:18 pm

Jeez you guys. A little context.

Many of his shots are right there and just missing and he still has great numbers. Considering the horrible first two games shooting wise.

But he CANNOT take shots for other guys.

He is NOT responsible for guys having historically bad shooting starts.

I’m not sure how Steph or his gravity is supposed to ensure that other players shots are going to go in.

The amount of pressure Steph is getting is far above most of the players in the league yet he’s still putting up the numbers Clyde listed.

Why are people happily looking for a decline?
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#18 » by xdrta+ » Sun Jan 3, 2021 7:22 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
Put another way, if you put Steph on the Wolves, would they get into the Playoffs?
Because if you put LeBron, Durant, AD, Harden...the answer is very likely yes.

You can say that it's likely, I say it's unlikely. You can't just assume such things and use it to "prove" one player is better than another.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Re: All this talk about Steph being 

Post#19 » by FNQ » Sun Jan 3, 2021 7:24 pm

tarantism wrote:A lot of LeBron stans are just venting their frustrations because the Warriors ran the league for 5 years of his prime. I've had several argue that they need to tear down Curry so that LeBron can get the credit he deserves. That's usually when I walk away from the conversation.

In short, the Warriors struggles just make them feel better, so they bang pots and pans about it. Probably doesn't help that Curry is about 10 billion times more likeable.

Sent from my LM-X220PM using RealGM mobile app

I don't get why these people fangirl over players like that, but whatever

LeBron makes bad players good, good players great
Curry makes good players great

Seems real easy to me. LeBron likely the GOAT and had to deal with horrible roster construction. Curry cannot lift a team by himself, he's an accelerator of making good players much better by giving them the opportunity they wouldn't get on a 'regular' team.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,206

Post#20 » by wco81 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 7:24 pm

THat 73-win team, with the unanimous MVP, he was carrying the team, willing them to win a lot of the games.

Like for instance the game at OKC in February of that year. That was the BANG! game where he hit the game winner 35-footer.

They were repeatedly giving him the ball and letting him create pull up shots for himself. He was on a run of games scoring in the 45-55 points range then.

His pull-up shooting percentages, especially from well beyond the top of the key, were insane that year.

That Curry seems to have faded away. You see it now and then but now it's Trae Young taking those kinds of shots -- and also getting a lot of soft foul calls that Curry never did get.

Return to Golden State Warriors