Welcome to OKC, Theo Maledon

Moderators: Dadouv47, retrobro90

thedoppelganger
Senior
And1: 499

Re: Welcome to OKC, Theo Maledon 

Post#41 » by thedoppelganger » Sun Jan 3, 2021 7:38 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:I feel confident that Theo is going to be a very good shooter. However these type of passes amaze me at his age. Besides Ball, is there any rookie with his passing ability and court vision? He's reading and manipulating the defense.
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I'd been trying to find a clip of that first pass to post. A rookie making that pass with their dominant hand would be solid, but doing it with the off hand is really impressive, and it's not the first time he's made it this year. That's the pass that guys like Harden and Doncic thrive on.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#42 » by spearsy23 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 8:40 pm

I'm still shocked he fell so far. I'm not a big draft guy, but I definitely would've had him in the top 15. I don't understand why multiple teams would've looked at him and a guy like poku and decided poku was a mid first but overlooked maledon because of his lack of tape. For once this isn't a knock on poku, just a comment on how confusing the process to get to that point is.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,168

Post#43 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Jan 3, 2021 8:50 pm

spearsy23 wrote:I'm still shocked he fell so far. I'm not a big draft guy, but I definitely would've had him in the top 15. I don't understand why multiple teams would've looked at him and a guy like poku and decided poku was a mid first but overlooked maledon because of his lack of tape. For once this isn't a knock on poku, just a comment on how confusing the process to get to that point is.

Or even Killian Hayes. I’ve watched him several times and am watching him now. He looks very mediocre every time.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 704

Post#44 » by Captain Ballmer » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:22 pm

I have one fantasy basketball question for you guys. I'm in a 9 cat, 16 teams deep league. Picked up Maledon before season opener and still holding. So far the numbers are not worth the investment. Do you think he can takeover Hill's minutes at sometime later or can be a Shroeder type 6th man? I kinda need optimism to hold on to him. Free Agents are super slim :(
Thanks in advance.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (44-27)
(Russ at bench 35-14)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 3-3
Without Russ 6-6
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#45 » by spearsy23 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:26 pm

Captain Ballmer wrote:I have one fantasy basketball question for you guys. I'm in a 9 cat, 16 teams deep league. Picked up Maledon before season opener and still holding. So far the numbers are not worth the investment. Do you think he can takeover Hill's minutes at sometime later or can be a Shroeder type 6th man? I kinda need optimism to hold on to him. Free Agents are super slim :(
Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't think he's a Good fantasy play. Trade deadline I'd expect hill is gone, but Maledon isnt the type of player that will put up huge numbers even with increased time.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
bbms
Analyst
And1: 531

Post#46 » by bbms » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:17 am

Captain Ballmer wrote:I have one fantasy basketball question for you guys. I'm in a 9 cat, 16 teams deep league. Picked up Maledon before season opener and still holding. So far the numbers are not worth the investment. Do you think he can takeover Hill's minutes at sometime later or can be a Shroeder type 6th man? I kinda need optimism to hold on to him. Free Agents are super slim :(
Thanks in advance.

Even if his stock improves, the improvement will not be worth the spot. He's a long shot to have nowhere near the impact of Shroeder. Get rid of him. Reevaluate him next season.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 704

Post#47 » by Captain Ballmer » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:07 am

Thanks all for the answers, dropping him.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (44-27)
(Russ at bench 35-14)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 3-3
Without Russ 6-6
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,168

Post#48 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:21 pm

I'm surprised at his shooting struggles. I think his mechanics look good. He can't really get to the rim but hopefully that can improve as he gets stronger. He looks overmatched physically right now. If the shot improves, I'm hoping he can be a solid back up pg. I haven't seen much more to make me think he'll be more than that.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
bbms
Analyst
And1: 531

Post#49 » by bbms » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:27 pm

Right now currently sitting at .294 3PT%. Bad but not hopeless. One or two good streaks put him on .35 3PT% and this talk is over. I believe Maledon's case at the moment is mental. He couldn't make a sequence out of his hot start, and this deflated him emotionally. Teenager things.

I think he's clearly an NBA player. I don't feel comfortable with Diallo having a dominant ball-handling role when Maledon is on the court just because Diallo is more confident at the moment. This can snowball badly.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder