Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Phillyboy
Analyst
And1: 19

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason 

Post#801 » by Phillyboy » Sun Jan 3, 2021 12:54 am

Kobblehead wrote:
Phillyboy wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:That’s 100% correct hindsight is a wonderful thing but imagine both having an actual pg or a very good perimeter threat that can give you 20/5 a night.

It would essentially boost both strengths and mitigate their weaknesses big time. Having only got one for half a season in 4 years is more on the 76rs front office then the duo themselves.

How about a 20/5/5 guy like Oladipo? Playing well and looking healthy. And he (and others that could fit the third star mode) could be a very nice plan B that shouldn't cost Simmons to get. How would we like to be able to keep both our stars and add a third?

If getting Harden breaks the bank now or mortgages our future later without a high confidence that bringing him here gets us a title shot, then I'd be looking at other options including standing pat if necessary.

Be wary of Oladipo. They are running a TON of offense for him to reach those 20+ ppg. His production is about as fake as it gets, right now.

Brogdon is the only player in Indiana playing like a star.

I'm not so sure I agree about Oladipo. If they're creating offense for him he's making the most of it. He's only getting 14 shots a night and shooting 55 from the floor and 54 on 6 shots a night from downtown. No one expects him to stay that hot but most of the reservations regarding Oladipo are whether he's healthy (sure looks like it) and whether he could knock the rust off. (so far so good)

I will agree it's still early and a healthy skepticism is in order. But let's keep an eye on him.
Be a thinker. Not a stinker- Apollo Creed
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#802 » by LloydFree » Sun Jan 3, 2021 11:06 am

If the 76ers could figure out how to dump a few salaries off the end of the bench, Is like to see them hit the waiver wire and pick up Ersan Illyasova and Shabazz Napier, for added depth.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,714

Post#803 » by phillynative » Sun Jan 3, 2021 12:13 pm

LloydFree wrote:If the 76ers could figure out how to dump a few salaries off the end of the bench, Is like to see them hit the waiver wire and pick up Ersan Illyasova and Shabazz Napier, for added depth.

That would be legit. Replace vincent and ferguson
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#804 » by PhillyNj » Sun Jan 3, 2021 1:28 pm

Sixers acquired:Lowry
Toronto acquires: Green,Scott, Ferguson,Korkmas ,Priorie and 2021 FRP

Toronto has finally gotten old( their in trouble). Korkmas and 1st to help the rebuild.
Sixers gets Lowry . (Much needed true point guard). probable 1 year rental.

Pg. Lowry
Sg. Curry
Sf. Simmons
Pf. Harris
C . Embiidi
Backups:
Pg. Maxi
Sg. Milton
Sf. Thybulle
Pf. Bradley
C Howard
A greatly improved playoff team.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#805 » by youngcrev » Sun Jan 3, 2021 2:27 pm

PhillyNj wrote:Sixers acquired:Lowry

Toronto has finally gotten old( their in trouble). Korkmas and 1st to help the rebuild.

Pg. Lowry
Sg. Curry
Sf. Simmons
Pf. Harris
C . Embiidi
Backups:
Pg. Maxi
Sg. Milton
Sf. Thybulle
Pf. Bradley
C Howard

That would be awesome if that's all it took. I presume the Raptors struggles would have to continue for them to pull the trigger (and for Lowry to not be in their plans beyond this year and to want to come home).

Feels like a team that could legit win a title.

A bunch of open roster spots to play around with for some gleague call ups and vet buyouts
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#806 » by sixers hoops » Sun Jan 3, 2021 3:38 pm

LloydFree wrote:If the 76ers could figure out how to dump a few salaries off the end of the bench, Is like to see them hit the waiver wire and pick up Ersan Illyasova and Shabazz Napier, for added depth.

Ersan was a really good fit with Embiid. I haven’t seen Napier play in years, but seems like a guy to take a flyer on.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#807 » by sixers hoops » Sun Jan 3, 2021 3:45 pm

youngcrev wrote:

Pg. Lowry
Sg. Curry
Sf. Simmons
Pf. Harris
C . Embiidi
Backups:
Pg. Maxi
Sg. Milton
Sf. Thybulle
Pf. Bradley
C Howard

That would be awesome if that's all it took. I presume the Raptors struggles would have to continue for them to pull the trigger (and for Lowry to not be in their plans beyond this year and to want to come home).

A bunch of open roster spots to play around with for some gleague call ups and vet buyouts

I do think that gets Lowry, if the Raps move toward a rebuild, which is very possible. Do you think Lowry takes us from a likely 3-6 seed to a team that could win the title? Otherwise, I’m hesitant to give up a first.
PhillyNj
Sixth Man

Post#808 » by PhillyNj » Sun Jan 3, 2021 4:48 pm

sixers hoops wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

Pg. Lowry
Sg. Curry
Sf. Simmons
Pf. Harris
C . Embiidi
Backups:
Pg. Maxi
Sg. Milton
Sf. Thybulle
Pf. Bradley
C Howard

I do think that gets Lowry, if the Raps move toward a rebuild, which is very possible. Do you think Lowry takes us from a likely 3-6 seed to a team that could win the title? Otherwise, I’m hesitant to give up a first.

I do think Lowry would put the Sixers to the top of the east.
With Lowry now 34 don’t believe the Raptors have any future plans for him. I think he’d cost the Raptors more than most teams would pay for a 35 year old next year. The Sixers might get him for the mle next year. But if we get his rights we would not have to usE it on him.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,086

Post#809 » by Kobblehead » Sun Jan 3, 2021 5:00 pm

I don't think it's feasible.

For one, you would get fleeced on the draft capital front in order to get Toronto to strengthen a division rival.

Another thing, we'd have to scrounge together nearly $30m in salary matchers.

Finally, Lowry will be 35 years old, man. Just sign him to the MLE next offseason.
PhillyNj
Sixth Man

Post#810 » by PhillyNj » Sun Jan 3, 2021 5:39 pm

The Sixers have plenty of ending contracts the listed trade works. And others are possible . I’d rather have him this year for several reasons.
1. The Sixers are a title contender with the trade. Their not right now.
2 if you trade for him you have his bird rights. So you can save the mle for another player.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,183

Post#811 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Jan 3, 2021 5:39 pm

Yea I’m not chomping at the bit to give up assets for a soon-to-be 35 yo PG on an expiring contract. Like Kobble said, If he wants to come home, we can offer him the MLE in the off-season.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#812 » by 76ciology » Sun Jan 3, 2021 6:25 pm

Harden Trade 2021

Bulls:
Ben Simmons

Rockets:
Zach Lavine
Fillers
2021 Sixers 1st round pick

Sixers:
Harden
2022 Bulls 1st round pick

Morey got more than Harden for Ben, by means of a pickswap with the Bulls.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#813 » by youngcrev » Sun Jan 3, 2021 6:34 pm

sixers hoops wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

Pg. Lowry
Sg. Curry
Sf. Simmons
Pf. Harris
C . Embiidi
Backups:
Pg. Maxi
Sg. Milton
Sf. Thybulle
Pf. Bradley
C Howard

I definitely think he'd make them contenders if you're basically just flipping Green for him in the rotation. I'm not sure who's a clear cut better team than them in that scenario (at least in a head and shoulders above them type way). I mean, you're talking about guy who'd at least be arguable as the 2nd best player on the team, particularly in a playoff setting, provides halfcourt playmaking, volume 3 point shooting, obnoxious foul drawing - while also not being a crazy high usage guy or having an out of control ego. I think he'd fit like a glove if they want to add on to what they have going.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,183

Post#814 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Jan 3, 2021 8:33 pm

Harris/Bradley/Maxey/2021 FRP for LaVine/Porter

Simmons(14)/Curry(28)/Milton(6)
LaVine(34)/Milton(14)
Green(28)/Thybulle(20)
Porter(28)/Simmons(20)
Embiid(32)/Howard(16)

Simmons/Curry
LaVine/Milton/Korkmaz/Joe
Green/Thybulle/Ferguson
Porter/Scott/FA
Embiid/Howard/Poirer
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#815 » by youngcrev » Sun Jan 3, 2021 9:22 pm

Terry Rozier has been awesome this year. He'd a great addition if he can keep this up. Of course, if he can, the Hornets have no reason to trade him.

Regardless, I recant my previous statements about him.
PhillyNj
Sixth Man

Post#816 » by PhillyNj » Sun Jan 3, 2021 9:42 pm

[quote="youngcrev"]Terry Rozier has been awesome this year. He'd a great addition if he can keep this up. Of course, if he can, the Hornets have no reason to trade him.

Regardless, I recant my previous statements about him.[/quote

Well I’m gonna have to disagree what Rosier gets on offense he more than makes up on defense.
Against the Sixers he scored 35 but gave up 54 for a minus 19 when he was on the floor.
He’s not a starting guard on a winning team. he’s best suited for where he is.
While Lowry has a championship! Big difference.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#817 » by youngcrev » Sun Jan 3, 2021 10:40 pm

PhillyNj wrote:
youngcrev wrote:Terry Rozier has been awesome this year. He'd a great addition if he can keep this up. Of course, if he can, the Hornets have no reason to trade him.

Regardless, I recant my previous statements about him.[/quote

Well I’m gonna have to disagree what Rosier gets on offense he more than makes up on defense.
Against the Sixers he scored 35 but gave up 54 for a minus 19 when he was on the floor.
He’s not a starting guard on a winning team. he’s best suited for where he is.
While Lowry has a championship! Big difference.

I'm not comparing him to Lowry, no argument there.

I get that he was a minus-19, but I'd say his offense was clearly what kept them in the game while we were barraging them with 3 pointers. They played a bunch zone so it's not like we were attacking him directly. They're just a team with one healthy center and a miniature backcourt, of course their gonna get trounced defensively.

The way he's playing right now, he's a guy that can get in the teeth of the defense off the dribble and shoot for volume and efficiency from 3, which is a skill set that would certainly be helpful here (or anywhere). I had him as a negative contract coming into the year because I didn't really believe in the shot,but he's ramped it up even more this year (small sample size alert)
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#818 » by LloydFree » Mon Jan 4, 2021 1:42 pm

One year later:

Terry Rozier is now underpaid.
Kemba Walker is now obscenely overpaid.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
PhillyFan11
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#819 » by PhillyFan11 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 2:27 am

Not really trade offers but just throwing out 2 ideas to hear peoples opinions...

Would DeRozan’s negative shooting be a non-starter on this team? Or would his ability to create his own shot negate that and help us?

Is Otto Porter Jr enough of an upgrade to warrant trading for by himself? More size and 40+% from with at least a little bit of ability to create his own shot. Or not enough impact to warrant looking into a trade?
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,086

Post#820 » by Kobblehead » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:26 am

As we see with Maxey, it doesn't really matter if a guy take threes as long as he's a dynamic shotcreator. DeRozan is about as good as they come at his size. He'd be a godsend to us, especially if we can dump Harris in the process.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers