Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#61 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Jan 3, 2021 5:48 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:
skones wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:Jedi Fallen Order is excellent so far. Great graphics and environment, good draw distance also. Interesting creatures, obstacles, and intricate world design. At least in the first ~5-6 hours, it is heavy on exploration/adventure/puzzles, which I am 100% okay with given how great the design of it all is.

The combat is indeed difficult, at least for me, but I think I'm learning. Sort of.

I adored this game, was hoping for either an Ezra Bridgers of Cal Kestis cameo in the Mandalorian but we got Luke instead.

I've been very tempted to pick it up on Steam for $24 with the sale still going through tomorrow. Good to see you all like it, just a matter if I can stay strong and not immediately break my own word to not splurge on a bunch of games this year...

It's so good. I think I'm about halfway through at this point and I am digging pretty much everything about it. My one gripe is super small, and it's that the sliding set piece sequences are bull difficult for no (good) reason whatsoever. But that's like maybe 5 minutes of the game so far and I've put in about 10 hours.

I can't believe I hadn't picked this up sooner. But, uh, stay strong! :D
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,019

Post#62 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Jan 3, 2021 6:46 pm

Read on Twitter

One of my favorite games of the last decade.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#63 » by skones » Sun Jan 3, 2021 7:06 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:
skones wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:Jedi Fallen Order is excellent so far. Great graphics and environment, good draw distance also. Interesting creatures, obstacles, and intricate world design. At least in the first ~5-6 hours, it is heavy on exploration/adventure/puzzles, which I am 100% okay with given how great the design of it all is.

The combat is indeed difficult, at least for me, but I think I'm learning. Sort of.

I adored this game, was hoping for either an Ezra Bridgers of Cal Kestis cameo in the Mandalorian but we got Luke instead.

I've been very tempted to pick it up on Steam for $24 with the sale still going through tomorrow. Good to see you all like it, just a matter if I can stay strong and not immediately break my own word to not splurge on a bunch of games this year...

I mean, it's the first game to ever nail lightsaber combat, and you, well, you know how **** sick lightsabers are.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#64 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Jan 3, 2021 7:29 pm

skones wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:
skones wrote:

I mean, it's the first game to ever nail lightsaber combat, and you, well, you know how **** sick lightsabers are.

EXCUSE ME?

skones
RealGM

Post#65 » by skones » Sun Jan 3, 2021 7:51 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
skones wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:I've been very tempted to pick it up on Steam for $24 with the sale still going through tomorrow. Good to see you all like it, just a matter if I can stay strong and not immediately break my own word to not splurge on a bunch of games this year...

EXCUSE ME?

Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#66 » by Sauce Boss » Sun Jan 3, 2021 8:21 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
skones wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:I've been very tempted to pick it up on Steam for $24 with the sale still going through tomorrow. Good to see you all like it, just a matter if I can stay strong and not immediately break my own word to not splurge on a bunch of games this year...

EXCUSE ME?

raises eybrow, clears throat
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
skones
RealGM

Post#67 » by skones » Sun Jan 3, 2021 9:37 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:raises eybrow, clears throat

It's fallen order, it's not close, and you all know it.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#68 » by Sauce Boss » Sun Jan 3, 2021 10:55 pm

skones wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:raises eybrow, clears throat

It's fallen order, it's not close, and you all know it.

I mean, I literally haven't played Fallen Order, but Jedi Knight was the previous bar.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
skones
RealGM

Post#69 » by skones » Sun Jan 3, 2021 11:02 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:I mean, I literally haven't played Fallen Order, but Jedi Knight was the previous bar.

Parrying away attacks and then countering with combos is crucial to overall success in the game. Given the combo options, players have quite a bit of freedom to actually develop their own fighting style with Cal Kestis. (And there are a ton of lightsaber customization options in the game so you can make the weapon your own which is pretty cool too)
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#70 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jan 4, 2021 1:35 am

My god the first four minutes of this video had me gasping.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#71 » by crkone » Mon Jan 4, 2021 2:15 pm

I love when **** like this happens:

Read on Twitter

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#72 » by Sauce Boss » Mon Jan 4, 2021 2:52 pm

All the Fallen Order/Demon's Souls talk has got me determined to get through the Dark Souls games this year. I feel like I've asked this in the past (because I've flirted with the idea of playing them before), but is a walkthrough to reference almost necessary for these games? The thing I recall the most about my first attempt at Dark Souls was it being rather obtuse. I understand it's not trying to hold your hand, but I also want to see credits without endlessly meandering for six months.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#73 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jan 4, 2021 3:00 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:All the Fallen Order/Demon's Souls talk has got me determined to get through the Dark Souls games this year. I feel like I've asked this in the past (because I've flirted with the idea of playing them before), but is a walkthrough to reference almost necessary for these games? The thing I recall the most about my first attempt at Dark Souls was it being rather obtuse. I understand it's not trying to hold your hand, but I also want to see credits without endlessly meandering for six months.

A big part of the fun of the Soulsbourne/Nioh is playing through that first time and not knowing what's around the corner, what shortcuts you open, what cool gear you get, and what interesting and helpful characters you stumble upon. But I don't think there's anything wrong with checking out play throughs on Youtube or looking at guides if you feel a little stuck. I personally like to dick around on my first time through the games until I feel like I have a good handle on things. Then I start over and go with an optimized run, where I know what kind of build I want and what kind of gear to go for.

Hell, I might go back to Demon's Souls for a 3rd run after seeing that video I posted above. There were some areas I didn't explore and gear I never got that would massively change my run.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#74 » by machu46 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 5:07 pm

Finally started playing through Spider-Man now that I have a PS5 and damn it's so much fun just swinging around the city. This is some of the most fun I've ever had with an open-world game; even the side missions and stuff have been fun for me. I can't wait to see how the Miles Morales game is too.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,044

Post#75 » by Siefer » Mon Jan 4, 2021 5:08 pm

Just picked up Sekiro last night. That's next after my P5 Royal playthrough which, at 55 hours, is almost halfway done!
crkone
RealGM

Post#76 » by crkone » Mon Jan 4, 2021 5:17 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:All the Fallen Order/Demon's Souls talk has got me determined to get through the Dark Souls games this year. I feel like I've asked this in the past (because I've flirted with the idea of playing them before), but is a walkthrough to reference almost necessary for these games? The thing I recall the most about my first attempt at Dark Souls was it being rather obtuse. I understand it's not trying to hold your hand, but I also want to see credits without endlessly meandering for six months.

I'd play them blind and go to a walkthrough if you feel the game isn't respecting your time. I'm sure there are breakdowns where it wouldn't ruin the rest of the game you haven't seen yet.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
crkone
RealGM

Post#77 » by crkone » Mon Jan 4, 2021 5:24 pm

85" Hisense 4K LED HDR Android TV is just $1,000 ($700 off) at Best Buy today

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#78 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jan 5, 2021 2:02 am

Didn't like my first five hours of FFVII Remake. I could get into the combat and the switching between characters. Didn't much at all like how often it slowed down, or what I thought was a clumsy quest system.

Switched to Marvel's Avengers and the first couple hours have been more fun. Not perfect or anything, but the gameplay is pretty great. Kamala Khan's mobility/parkour is a lot of fun.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#79 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Jan 5, 2021 2:25 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Switched to Marvel's Avengers and the first couple hours have been more fun. Not perfect or anything, but the gameplay is pretty great. Kamala Khan's mobility/parkour is a lot of fun.

I hope first that you continue to enjoy the game, but I also hope you never plan to play online. The game is apparently 96% abandoned. There were an average of like 700 players online for PC in November. Just an astounding failure for a game they hoped to run as a service.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#80 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jan 5, 2021 2:36 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Switched to Marvel's Avengers and the first couple hours have been more fun. Not perfect or anything, but the gameplay is pretty great. Kamala Khan's mobility/parkour is a lot of fun.

I hope first that you continue to enjoy the game, but I also hope you never plan to play online. The game is apparently 96% abandoned. There were an average of like 700 players online for PC in November. Just an astounding failure for a game they hoped to run as a service.

Oof. I was never impressed with the game once we started seeing gameplay, or what I read about it. Definitely wasn't interested by the time it was released.

But at $25 it's probably fine. If I only get 15 hours or so out of it I'll be happy.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks