PC Board OT Thread Take 4 [No Politics]

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 [No Politics] 

Post#861 » by HeartBreakKid » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:45 pm

MyUniBroDavis wrote:Been doing vert training and think i might be getting jumpers knee

Programs been fire though even though im butchering it, granted post injury and leg muscles were basically atrophied because of how lazy ive been during covid

Pjf performance is hella legit tho, completely butchered the program (cuz of time constraints) and kind of cut down on alot of the mobility work/strengthening work

2 weeks in

Max standing vert went from 22 inches to 27 inches
Max running vert, both single leg and doible leg were at around 24 inches and now theyre at 31

More importantly, surgury leg went from 15-18 inches to 27 :D

And skipping the weight training (mostly cuz bodyweight stuff sucks lol) was prolly a bad call, i realized how much my posterior chained weakened when i did light sprints and couldnt walk afterwards for 2 days

Pretty sure i can get 3-4 more inches off my running vert through just form tweaks, because of how long its been since ive jumped, and gettin dat zion butt. My actual strenfth is pathetically low (can barely squat half my bodyweifht) so the gap between my standing vert and running vert should be pretty substantial, but im pretty happy with the results

Prolly gonna rehab this week, some isometrics and low level pylos to help the tendon too

what are some things you're doing to increase your vert?
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,856

Post#862 » by MyUniBroDavis » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:04 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:Been doing vert training and think i might be getting jumpers knee

Programs been fire though even though im butchering it, granted post injury and leg muscles were basically atrophied because of how lazy ive been during covid

Pjf performance is hella legit tho, completely butchered the program (cuz of time constraints) and kind of cut down on alot of the mobility work/strengthening work

2 weeks in

Max standing vert went from 22 inches to 27 inches
Max running vert, both single leg and doible leg were at around 24 inches and now theyre at 31

More importantly, surgury leg went from 15-18 inches to 27 :D

And skipping the weight training (mostly cuz bodyweight stuff sucks lol) was prolly a bad call, i realized how much my posterior chained weakened when i did light sprints and couldnt walk afterwards for 2 days

Pretty sure i can get 3-4 more inches off my running vert through just form tweaks, because of how long its been since ive jumped, and gettin dat zion butt. My actual strenfth is pathetically low (can barely squat half my bodyweifht) so the gap between my standing vert and running vert should be pretty substantial, but im pretty happy with the results

Prolly gonna rehab this week, some isometrics and low level pylos to help the tendon too

what are some things you're doing to increase your vert?

Pylos and RFD stuff

Theres alot of oscillatory work/mobility stuff in the program ive skipped over, and i skipped over strength stuff as well, so im happy with a 7 inch increase in 3 weeks for sure.

The "elite" version has weights and stuff and alot of equipment stuff

Id say because its more intent on producing reXtive athleticism vs pure strength, youd see a bigger increase in ur max vert vs standing, so I feel the gap betweeb my running vert vs standing vert should have increased

Theres alot of injury prevention exercises too that helped with my knee, i got jumpers knee from jumping outside of the program too much

Im gonna test my vert a week from now ish to see where its at. The only thing abt the program is because its not tailor made, and because the bodyweight program is less strength oriented, if you have weakpoints in areas in doesnt hit i feel it wont help those weakpoints, although i skip alot so who knows

If i has to say things, id say just regular pylos like power skips/bounding, some RFD stuff there too, some stiff hops, and that would be fine

For me because i was out of action so long the RFD stuff def helps me more but because my depth jumps gone up a bunch (in the gap between that vs standing) id assume my running double leg and single leg max vert should be in the mid 30s once i get my form right
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#863 » by MyUniBroDavis » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:27 am

An elementary school teacher from my hometown tried to catfish me and get nudes and apparently has done it to hundreds of guys, and i just replied with his full name and mans went silent
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

Jaivl
Head Coach
And1: 6,484

Post#864 » by Jaivl » Fri Jan 1, 2021 1:23 am

Damn, not MF DOOM too! What a year, sigh.
This place is a cesspool of mindless ineptitude, mental decrepitude, and intellectual lassitude. I refuse to be sucked any deeper into this whirlpool of groupthink sewage. My opinions have been expressed. I'm going to go take a shower.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#865 » by HeartBreakKid » Fri Jan 1, 2021 2:32 pm

rip mf doom
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,711

Post#866 » by GSP » Sun Jan 3, 2021 6:15 am

Superbowl predictions?
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#867 » by MyUniBroDavis » Sun Jan 3, 2021 9:30 pm

The fact I might have covid (people in my house do) and my friends in a nightclub in Cabo don’t is kind of funny in a really sad way lol

limbo
Veteran
And1: 2,678

Post#868 » by limbo » Sun Jan 3, 2021 11:38 pm

MyUniBroDavis wrote:The fact I might have covid (people in my house do) and my friends in a nightclub in Cabo don’t is kind of funny in a really sad way lol

I think i had covid like twice in a span of two months. What were your most prominent symptoms?
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#869 » by MyUniBroDavis » Sun Jan 3, 2021 11:40 pm

limbo wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:The fact I might have covid (people in my house do) and my friends in a nightclub in Cabo don’t is kind of funny in a really sad way lol

I think i had covid like twice in a span of two months. What were your most prominent symptoms?

*are

Idk if I have it, my sister and mom have it run and they’re just flu

I doubt I have it tho

limbo
Veteran

Post#870 » by limbo » Mon Jan 4, 2021 12:21 am

MyUniBroDavis wrote:Idk if I have it, my sister and mom have it run and they’re just flu

I doubt I have it tho

Do they experience muscle soreness, particularly on their back? Also feeling like you're running on low energy. Those were the two big ones for me. Although the low energy is probably common for most viruses out there... Not sure about back muscle soreness though.

If you have no visible symptoms you probably don't have it, but i guess it depends on other factors, including probably how healthy/fit you are.

Personally, i workout regularly (go to the gym 2x/3x per week and play basketball in the summer when its nice outside) and i try to eat as healthy as possible and i still got ill for a couple of days. I will admit i could do better in terms of my cardio, but i had no trouble really breathing or anything of that nature.

So yeah, i can't imagine what it takes to be asymptomatic... You probably need to be Donovan Mitchell or something...
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#871 » by MyUniBroDavis » Mon Jan 4, 2021 1:33 am

limbo wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:Idk if I have it, my sister and mom have it run and they’re just flu

I doubt I have it tho

Do they experience muscle soreness, particularly on their back? Also feeling like you're running on low energy. Those were the two big ones for me. Although the low energy is probably common for most viruses out there... Not sure about back muscle soreness though.

If you have no visible symptoms you probably don't have it, but i guess it depends on other factors, including probably how healthy/fit you are.

Personally, i workout regularly (go to the gym 2x/3x per week and play basketball in the summer when its nice outside) and i try to eat as healthy as possible and i still got ill for a couple of days. I will admit i could do better in terms of my cardio, but i had no trouble really breathing or anything of that nature.

So yeah, i can't imagine what it takes to be asymptomatic... You probably need to be Donovan Mitchell or something...

It’s random, I have a few friends that were asymptomatic

Negative antigen gonna pcr test tommorow

70sFan
RealGM
And1: 23,504

Post#872 » by 70sFan » Mon Jan 4, 2021 3:16 pm

My whole familly and my roommate had COVID, I didn't have any symptoms either time.
limbo
Veteran

Post#873 » by limbo » Mon Jan 4, 2021 5:14 pm

70sFan wrote:My whole familly and my roommate had COVID, I didn't have any symptoms either time.

Were you confirmed positive by a test?

It's hard for me to believe whether your symptomatic or not is based on pure random happenstance... There obviously has to be some health factors involved, possibly something more beyond that.
70sFan
RealGM
And1: 23,504

Post#874 » by 70sFan » Mon Jan 4, 2021 6:21 pm

limbo wrote:
70sFan wrote:My whole familly and my roommate had COVID, I didn't have any symptoms either time.

Were you confirmed positive by a test?

It's hard for me to believe whether your symptomatic or not is based on pure random happenstance... There obviously has to be some health factors involved, possibly something more beyond that.

I wasn't tested, but I lived in the same flat with tested people. Maybe I just was lucky, I don't know...
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,088

Post#875 » by The-Power » Mon Jan 4, 2021 6:49 pm

limbo wrote:It's hard for me to believe whether your symptomatic or not is based on pure random happenstance... There obviously has to be some health factors involved, possibly something more beyond that.

Viral load, for one.
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#876 » by MyUniBroDavis » Tue Jan 5, 2021 8:33 am

limbo wrote:

I doubt I have it tho

I’m moderately healthy but I don’t work out or run much

I’m also asymptomatic COVID Positive confirmed lol

Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,458

Post#877 » by Doctor MJ » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:38 pm

limbo wrote:

I doubt I have it tho

Really not sure where you got the impression that was a direct causal relationship between physical fitness and Covid resistance. Things are vastly more complex than this with really any form of disease.

To share and anecdote from my sister who is a nurse at a hospital:

She has a patient right no. 20-something. Seemingly in perfectly good shape - not overweight, no known physical conditions. Female - women are more resilient to Covid than men statistically. This woman has been in the hospital for 2 months with no end in site. She cannot get out of bed to go to the toilet without someone supporting her, and her system is producing so much that needs to be coughed up that she's no longer able to cough and has to rely on a suction device dozens of times per day. If she didn't have access to all this help, she'd be dead already. If she got sick right now, she's probably die because the hospitals are full.

Meanwhile, while in general elderly people with conditions have it worse, it's not all that uncommon to see a 70-year old obese person with diabetes not really having problems with the virus.

There are no guarantees.
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
limbo
Veteran

Post#878 » by limbo » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:46 pm

Because it makes sense to me that someone who is actively taking care of their health, which is primarily done via exercising regularly, eating healthy (which also includes the right amount and variety of vitamins etc.), and avoid numerous poisons such as cigarettes/alcohol, would have a better immune system and better functioning organs to the point their bodies wouldn't need to almost shut down completely to fight a flu-like virus... I don't think that's really a preposterous train of thought on my end?

That said, i'm sure there are exceptions... as in all things in life.
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,458

Post#879 » by Doctor MJ » Wed Jan 6, 2021 11:53 pm

limbo wrote:Because it makes sense to me that someone who is actively taking care of their health, which is primarily done via exercising regularly, eating healthy (which also includes the right amount and variety of vitamins etc.), and avoid numerous poisons such as cigarettes/alcohol, would have a better immune system and better functioning organs to the point their bodies wouldn't need to almost shut down completely to fight a flu-like virus... I don't think that's really a preposterous train of thought on my end?

That said, i'm sure there are exceptions... as in all things in life.

Right but you didn't just talk about a general correlation here, you were speculating about what it would take to achieve no symptoms and imagining it would take someone in better shape than you, when the reality is there are all sorts of people who aren't experiencing symptoms. As in, there was no need for speculation because we already have evidence for this stuff, but you seem to be just going with your gut.

Part of what's scary about Covid is that it's having all sorts of complicated recurring-loop factors in some people's bodies that we haven't yet been able to track back to source. While this isn't the first time modern medicine has encountered issues like this, we haven't seen it in a major infectious disease to this extent. That fact that you could get something like this from something that appears to be so similar other coronaviruses is disturbing AF.

Re: flu-like virus. The virology between the two viruses isn't all that similar though. What you're talking about are the things you see in common with the method of transmission and some of the initial immunological response, but there's no reason to think that you can confidently estimate the limits of what Covid can do to a particular human's body based on your experience with the flu.
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
Peregrine01
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,628

Post#880 » by Peregrine01 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 2:48 pm

Doctor MJ wrote:Part of what's scary about Covid is that it's having all sorts of complicated recurring-loop factors in some people's bodies that we haven't yet been able to track back to source. While this isn't the first time modern medicine has encountered issues like this, we haven't seen it in a major infectious disease to this extent. That fact that you could get something like this from something that appears to be so similar other coronaviruses is disturbing AF.

[/quote]

What do you mean by recurring-loop factors? And has there been any data on how wide spread it is?

Return to Player Comparisons