ImageImageImageImage

Official 2021 NBA Draft Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,310

Re: Official 2021 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#101 » by Knightro » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:09 pm

Read on Twitter
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#102 » by Knightro » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:16 pm

Suggs' teammate Joel Ayayi is a guy I like as a sleeper too.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,372

Post#103 » by PrimeThyme » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:14 pm

Knightro wrote:He's been outrageously good today. I'm very interested.

Read on Twitter

I’ve been trying to think of an NBA comp for him. Damian Lillard is the first one that comes to mind with his elite mix of athleticism and ability to pull up from anywhere on the court. He seems even more explosive off the dribble then Lillard did to me.

I’m obviously not projecting that he’s the sure fire next Lillard or a better version, but I would be shocked if this kids floor wasn’t atleast a borderline to multiple time all star in this league.

His skill set is just everything a modern NBA team could be looking for in a guard && I think it’s going to translate really well. He has a buttery smooth release too.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#104 » by Knightro » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:41 pm

I don't think it's outrageous to have Suggs ahead of Cunningham at this point.

If the knock on Suggs coming into this year is that his jumper was iffy, he's passing that test with flying colors early on in his freshman season as he's 9-16 from 3PT thus far.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#105 » by zaymon » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:58 pm

Knightro wrote:I don't think it's outrageous to have Suggs ahead of Cunningham at this point.

If the knock on Suggs coming into this year is that his jumper was iffy, he's passing that test with flying colors early on in his freshman season as he's 9-16 from 3PT thus far.

I am still waiting for people cooling off on Cade. I am really stunned about hype he is getting. I am no evaluator but he underwhelms in most crucial aspects. I hear year in year out, that we need to be very careful with players with limited athletecism, who create their looks by sheer size and strength at lower levels. Yes he has more skills than that, but nothing elite.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#106 » by RookieStar » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:37 pm

The thing with Suggs is.. can he do all that if say his athleticism was only at 50-75%? Meaning players like Steve Francis, RW Dwight Howard are who they are because of their insane athleticism. If it's gone or lesser, they fall off. I think the reason why more likes Cade is because he doesn't rely on it too much to be as productive as he is. Therefore the better and safer choice if you plan ahead and think of the injuries player might sustain.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#107 » by Skin » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:40 am

Knightro wrote:
Skin wrote:Lol @ talking about top 5 consensus players.

Not sure why this is such a funny thing.

I think there's only 3 teams in the entire league that are no questions asked worse than the Magic and that's Detroit, New York and Cleveland.

Orlando, at least in my opinion, have a pretty wide variance. They could finish as the 8 seed again and be picking 15th overall, but it feels like they could just as easily slide all the way back to 12th in the East. If they do end up 12th in the East they will almost assuredly end up in the bottom 5.

The non-playoff teams in the West appear to be much stronger than the non-playoff teams of the East.

It's funny because Clifford and the Magic players are gonna try to win every game they can and this is a great draft that smart teams who are not contenders are gonna try hard to tank. It's wishful thinking to talk about top 5 players, but I guess it's not out of the realm of the dreamers on this forum... after all we just had a thread about the idea of landing Giannis. :lol:
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#108 » by jonbob17 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:54 pm

zaymon wrote:
Knightro wrote:I don't think it's outrageous to have Suggs ahead of Cunningham at this point.

I am still waiting for people cooling off on Cade. I am really stunned about hype he is getting. I am no evaluator but he underwhelms in most crucial aspects. I hear year in year out, that we need to be very careful with players with limited athletecism, who create their looks by sheer size and strength at lower levels. Yes he has more skills than that, but nothing elite.

Watching the games Cade's talent is evident.

I would be absolutely shocked if there is even a debate next summer of who the first pick is.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#109 » by RookieStar » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:43 pm

jonbob17 wrote:
zaymon wrote:

Watching the games Cade's talent is evident.

I would be absolutely shocked if there is even a debate next summer of who the first pick is.

Because you me and everyone else haven't seen Green yet? Right now the consensus #1 is easily split between Suggs and Cade. We all are waiting for what Green brings to the table if he can make this into a 3-way fight.
fa2011
Senior
And1: 1,009

Post#110 » by fa2011 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:15 pm

Pat Williams drafted his 1 day old, newborn Lol

https://apple.news/AJmTUBDdVRwqrFc8b59K_Zw
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,906

Post#111 » by drsd » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:13 pm

And with the 30th pick in the NBA draft, the Orlando Magic select .....
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#112 » by Knightro » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:49 pm

;feature=emb_title

Joel Ayayi has been overshadowed by Jalen Suggs, but I really like him as an NBA prospect. He's a guy I would have gladly taken in the 2nd round this year had he declared and I'm probably going to be willing to take him with the Magic's first round pick in 2021.
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#113 » by jonbob17 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:30 pm

Gonzaga is so good. I love that they added UVA like they are willing to take on all comers.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#114 » by MagicFan101 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 4:23 pm

For a while now it’s been talk of the “Big 3” with an asterisk on Green.

I’m reading up and watching some tape on Jonathan Kuminga (what little there is) and I’m ready to add him to this group — also with a G-League asterisk.

I have not yet studied Mobley who is also widely interchanged in the top tier of mocks. However, with Vuc here, I don’t know if he is our target. Those other 4 would be a far greater prize.

This really could be a “Big 5” draft class. Even if Mobley isn’t our top prize, he might be for someone ahead of us. I’m starting to feel landing anywhere in the top 5 would be very exciting.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#115 » by RookieStar » Sun Jan 3, 2021 11:45 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:For a while now it’s been talk of the “Big 3” with an asterisk on Green.

I’m reading up and watching some tape on Jonathan Kuminga (what little there is) and I’m ready to add him to this group — also with a G-League asterisk.

I have not yet studied Mobley who is also widely interchanged in the top tier of mocks. However, with Vuc here, I don’t know if he is our target. Those other 4 would be a far greater prize.

This really could be a “Big 5” draft class. Even if Mobley isn’t our top prize, he might be for someone ahead of us. I’m starting to feel landing anywhere in the top 5 would be very exciting.

If you have to choose between Mobley or Kuminga, I would suggest Mobley. He has already shown everything you could ask for ina modern big. So far Kuminga ( not counting on his G league career ) is like those players who just overpowers competition. Then again we haven't seen the GL teams play. Who knows he could be the consensus #1 pick if he shows out.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#116 » by SD2042 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 12:01 am

drsd wrote:And with the 30th pick in the NBA draft, the Orlando Magic select .....

That is much wishful thinking as winning the NBA Title this year.
Magic#1
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Post#117 » by Magic#1 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 12:03 am

Considering Suggs looks like a true leader and competitor, I don't disagree. His intangibles combined with his ball skills and athleticism remind me of Wade.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#118 » by basketballRob » Mon Jan 4, 2021 12:04 am

RookieStar wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:For a while now it’s been talk of the “Big 3” with an asterisk on Green.

If you have to choose between Mobley or Kuminga, I would suggest Mobley. He has already shown everything you could ask for ina modern big. So far Kuminga ( not counting on his G league career ) is like those players who just overpowers competition. Then again we haven't seen the GL teams play. Who knows he could be the consensus #1 pick if he shows out.
I really like Mobley, he looks like a can't miss. I think he's a close comparison to Bosh.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#119 » by MagicFan101 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 12:26 am

basketballRob wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

I really like Mobley, he looks like a can't miss. I think he's a close comparison to Bosh.

He’s next on my list to study up on. Sounds like I should hurry up and get to it!

Regardless, the larger point here is that I’m not feeling great about this season. I understand how people feel about tanking and that “it doesn’t work anymore” but this draft class is stacked. I really believe there are (at least) 5 true gem prizes in this class. — doesn’t mean I grade them equally.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#120 » by RookieStar » Mon Jan 4, 2021 1:24 am

basketballRob wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Just dont check his stinker stats in his last game lol. Yeah Mobley looks like a twig so in history where we took JI and Bamba.. he surr is a WeHam pick.

Return to Orlando Magic