ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Wizards @ Nets - 01/03/21, 6pm EST

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

StepBackCrack
Starter
And1: 3,083

Re: GT: Wizards @ Nets - 01/03/21, 6pm EST 

Post#201 » by StepBackCrack » Mon Jan 4, 2021 1:37 am

What a trainwreck my God. This team ain't winning **** at this rate. Major changes needs to be made. Most of us knew the glaring issues with this team yet Nash changed literally nothing so far. Awful defense. Awful rebounding. Awful offensive system. Same crap every night. This is so embarrassing.
StepBackCrack
Starter

Post#202 » by StepBackCrack » Mon Jan 4, 2021 1:41 am

Levert is so bad it's hard to see anything positive in his performance. He is awful all-round. Such a shame man. This man was supposed to be "the 6th man of the year" candidate...
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#203 » by NetsJets » Mon Jan 4, 2021 1:41 am

They need to change some things because this is not acceptable. The rotation needs to change.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#204 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 1:43 am

Rotation needs to change
Including going deeper into the bench, play the cheese, TJ, Perry, Kurocs(he was a starter not long ago),Brown(did we trade a cheerleader for another cheerleader?)
Game plan needs major renovation

I expect a fallout after this.....
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#205 » by therealbig3 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 1:43 am

I don't have problems with our offense tbh, we consistently get clean looks and are putting up a ton of points. Main issue offensively is that we turn the ball over like crazy...and some of them are just really, really dumb TOs that a high school team wouldn't make.
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#206 » by Shark » Mon Jan 4, 2021 1:45 am

Have to wonder how much influence MDA is having on Nash with these rigid rotations.

You've got to try some different things to make up for the loss of a player like Dinwiddie. It's pretty clear to me that LeVert just doesn't seem to understand what's needed of him.

And Shamet is giving us absolutely nothing. I'm not saying Nash should give up on him, but on a night like tonight you need someone that can give you more than 2 assists.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#207 » by DarkXaero » Mon Jan 4, 2021 1:46 am

therealbig3 wrote:I don't have problems with our offense tbh, we consistently get clean looks and are putting up a ton of points. Main issue offensively is that we turn the ball over like crazy...and some of them are just really, really dumb TOs that a high school team wouldn't make.
We have no offense actually, most possessions we barely make any passes, and it's a ton of iso. It can look good when a) our stars are on, and b) we're getting stops and able to push it in transition.
Meliorus
Analyst
And1: 1,185

Post#208 » by Meliorus » Mon Jan 4, 2021 1:46 am

Wanted Wizards to lose and genuinely upset we won. You guys have the worst defense we've played so far since the Timberwolves. Rui is normally not bodying anyone but he and Bryant are doing damage against you guys. We're not a good rebounding team either but did very well today.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#209 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Jan 4, 2021 1:48 am

CalamityX12 wrote:Unbelievable....

We lose to another “record wise lesser” team.....

Durant should’ve kept driving.... oh man, to GW shots missed....

I think he saw that he wasn’t going to get to the basket cleanly, so he took the open jumper instead. Just bricked it...that’s all.

I expect a fallout to come soon...

I’d be surprised if there was a trade before the 20-game mark.

Most teams wait until things clearly cannot be fixed before they consider making changes. I’d assume there would be very few willing trade partners if we wanted to make a move right now.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#210 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 1:50 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Unbelievable....

We lose to another “record wise lesser” team.....

Durant should’ve kept driving.... oh man, to GW shots missed....

I think he saw that he wasn’t going to get to the basket cleanly, so he took the open jumper instead. Just bricked it...that’s all.

I expect a fallout to come soon...

I’d be surprised if there was a trade before the 20-game mark.

Most teams wait until things clearly cannot be fixed before they consider making changes. I’d assume there would be very few willing trade partners if we wanted to make a move right now.

My “fallout” includes it all, player movement, coach movement, rumors coming out, player dissension/disinterest, KD or KI barking back, Marks being pulled in or being questioned etc... i expect a fallout... friends will be lost lol
The ModFather

gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#211 » by gigantes » Mon Jan 4, 2021 1:51 am

Caught the last quarter. Just some quick thoughts:

- Yes, K&K missed those two big shots at the end, but they were also at 38 & 39min respectively. That's just not a formula that's going to work. Even Joe looked drained, and he only played 27min. Probably because he's so relentlessly active with his minutes. He always looks like he's hustling all over the place, whereas K&K can seemingly spend much of the time gliding around. But Joe's probably just not that level of athlete IMO.

- Around the one minute mark left in the fourth, I noticed that Kyrie set a screen for KD, then dived towards the paint. He wound up settling on the weak side, near the basket and the baseline, and it almost looked like the most useless place a PG could possibly be occupying at that juncture. Anyone else notice that Kyrie has sort of an unusual knack for parking himself in big man territory? I've seen it a couple times now, and am sort of bewildered. Sometimes it seems like he considers himself a lot taller and stronger than he really is. *shrug*

- Nice to see Joe getting more threes up, and credit to the team for that. But ideally he should be near the league leaders in attempts, right? At the moment, McCollum in POR is at 11.4 attempts, and Kyrie is nearb y with 9.4. Yet Harris is only at 5.5, still less than last season's mark IIRC. Let's get this figured out, pls.

- As long as the effort's there, I don't mind close losses *too* much in the early season, and it occurs to me that with a raw, rookie HC teamed with top-notch assistants in Vaughn & D'Antoni, you have to think we have at least one more gear to reach in coaching leadership. That gives me some real hope, FWIW.

- Very interesting how Jeff Green finished as the center. Was that related to his recent blowup? Either way, I think now would be a great time for players to unload on each other and not have it cause much lasting damage. K&K in particular. Me, I'd be willing to yank a toenail out to be a fly in the locker room, tonight.
StepBackCrack
Starter

Post#212 » by StepBackCrack » Mon Jan 4, 2021 1:52 am

Nobody would want Levert anyway. He has almost no value currently. He is a huge disappointment.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#213 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 1:52 am

This game had tight subs, bizarre minutes distribution, haven’t seen two players had to pull players aside to instruct this or that in one game, poor flow, pressure to win....

No bueno.....
The ModFather

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#214 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Jan 4, 2021 1:53 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Why was Green in for a defensive possession after a timeout?

Because he doing better than Allen and DJ. Also he provides offense what those two bums can't.

We got killed inside by Bryant. I don't blame Green for that, Allen and Jordan are borderline unplayable.

We don’t have a single athletic, big bodied 5 to matchup with even role players. Guys like Bryant will continue to have a field day down low and get offensive boards and easy baskets, since DJ can’t move laterally to save his life and Jarrett is pretty weak and has butter fingers.

I was calling for this type of big during the offseason, but we decided to go with more guards. Ibaka would’ve been a huge addition. I don’t know who is currently or will become available that can fill that role for us.
OneZilion
Sophomore
And1: 139

Post#215 » by OneZilion » Mon Jan 4, 2021 1:53 am

This is not good... Kd looked frustrated lot tonight but he should have made that shot...

I am not happy at all with anything... we score lot of points cause of out stars that navigate defences and make open looks but beside of that it is not that great since Spencers injury

Defence is very bad, rebounding was awful, I think Allen should have played that last defence instead of Green...

Awful awful game....

Levert is so underwhelming that us crazy... Shamet also nothing, Prince non factor... this team has so much concers...
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#216 » by MGrand15 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 1:54 am

Honestly can't believe how bad we're playing as a team. The rebounding and turnovers at this point are embarrassing.

I dont even know what to say about the 2nd unit at this point. LeVert, Shamet, Prince have just been terrible.

Shame that this was supposed to be a deep team and we need every game to be the Kyrie-KD show to have a chance. Both of them apparently have to carry the offense + lockdown defense + protect the paint + control the boards.

This was an awful game and things need to change quick. Lots of sniping at each other. Lots of miscommunication. Lots of plays where we just get out hustled. The team is gonna be divided between the stars and the roleplayers soon and its not going to be pretty.

One thing is for sure - we need to get Kyrie and KDs minutes DOWN. ASAP. If our backups aren't getting the job done, we need to try Brown and Rodi. Guys are going to get hurt if we keep this up.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#217 » by gigantes » Mon Jan 4, 2021 1:55 am

StepBackCrack wrote:Levert is so bad it's hard to see anything positive in his performance. He is awful all-round. Such a shame man. This man was supposed to be "the 6th man of the year" candidate...

Seems like he's always been like this, though.

Either it's a new season or he's coming back from injury, and he plays like rubbish. Then, a dozen or more games in, lots of the things he does poorly, he starts doing well. Or something like that. Then he's LeVert 2.0, a player brimming with efficacy and potential.

Either way, I think all this is known. If I'm MGMT, most likely I'm being patient for the moment, waiting for LeVert 2.0, but also fearing 3.0, where he gets injured, and has to repeat the whole process. I'm semi-joking, semi-not. :S
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#218 » by DarkXaero » Mon Jan 4, 2021 2:04 am

Paging Hello Brooklyn right now to explain Levert's start to this season so far...I notice the man's been AWOL lately, which might not be a coincidence. :lol:
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#219 » by NetsJets » Mon Jan 4, 2021 2:08 am

LeVert needs shots to get into a rhythm and on this team with KD and Kyrie getting a bulk of the shots it’s going to be difficult. He’ll look fine when we play the Grizzlies on Wednesday because KD and Kyrie will be off.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,246

Post#220 » by Papi_swav » Mon Jan 4, 2021 2:08 am

CalamityX12 wrote:Rotation needs to change
Including going deeper into the bench, play the cheese, TJ, Perry, Kurocs(he was a starter not long ago),Brown(did we trade a cheerleader for another cheerleader?)
Game plan needs major renovation

I expect a fallout after this.....

Thank you, this is exactly what I said last game. But your boy Prok over here saying that is a knee jerk reaction and only a overreacting child would do that . We can't keep expecting heavy minutes to these guys this early in the season. And it seems like every game we have to fight to win and it comes down to the wire, except for our 1st 2 wins. It can be energy draining real quick.

Return to Brooklyn Nets