Post#1 » by ducler » Sun Jan 3, 2021 8:11 pm

Read on Twitter
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,484

Re: Game 6 : Denver Nuggets (1-4) @ Minnesota Timberwolves (2-3) - 7:00 PM 

Post#2 » by THE J0KER » Sun Jan 3, 2021 10:01 pm

Two back-to-back routine wins vs Wolves coming is exactly what we need now, after a shocking 1-4 start. No offense to Minnesota, but without a temporarily injured franchise player K.A.Towns and before their #1 pick Edwards breakthrough into a notable performer, they just don't have enough weapons to beat Denver, even Nuggets in bad shape and without MPJ. Nuggets in the past know to underperform vs underdogs, but thanks to the awful start of the season I can't see it happens once again because the team is in a state of emergency. Another Jokic (near) triple-double and Murray (near) 25+ game together with the team's decent defense should be enough this time, and even Malone's controversial 4-guards rotation this time is not a danger because without KAT Wolves are forced to play something similar. Also, without KAT Minnesota's offense is focussed on their backcourt line which is the perfect opportunity for Harris to be a very useful member of the team for 30+ minutes.
Tjstangeland
Freshman
And1: 24

Post#3 » by Tjstangeland » Sun Jan 3, 2021 11:15 pm

Timberwolves fan here and we have been embarrassed the last 3 games. I really wish that wasn't our starting lineup as we used the same one the last 3 games and it hasn't worked at all anyways maybe 4th time is a charm.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#4 » by THE J0KER » Mon Jan 4, 2021 1:21 am

Malone should stop treat Jokic like he is still a rookie player. Two fouls in the 1st quarter. So what? The third foul in the late 2nd. So what? How many games in past three years Jokic's playing time was radically reduced after early 2nd in 1st quarter or 3rd foul in 2nd quarter where is he finishing the whole game with 3 or 4 fouls overall playing the whole 2nd half without restriction time? Jokic and Murray should be enough to beat KAT-less Wolves, but because Jokic played only 11 minutes thanks to Malone's unnecessary panic this game is still relatively close at halftime.

Barton and Harris are 2-13 in 1st half, while Beasley was 5-6. We should give him that 40/3 extension when he asked it back in October of 2019 right after the season where he produced at 22y perfect 50-40-90 percentages pattern.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#5 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 1:52 am

Murray looks like he's going for 60+ tonight. Almost looks like we can have TWO players with triple-double, Jokic a given but Barton may too
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
skywalker33

Post#6 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 2:02 am

Facu finally showing some worth, our bench is showing some life.

DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,327

Post#7 » by DaFan334 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 2:15 am

Its nice to have Green back and fitting in well. I'm not sure if he needs to start because his scoring off the bench might be nice, but he needs to get the bulk of the PF minutes.

Facu is an interesting player and I think Malone will have to pick and choose his battles with when to use him. He was great tonight.
TheBonzaiEffect
Starter
And1: 2,445

Post#8 » by TheBonzaiEffect » Mon Jan 4, 2021 2:16 am

WTF, why did Malone keep Jokic in until the end of the game when it was a 20+ point blowout!? That's insane. I might lose my fantasy basketball match this week because Jokic stat padded two extra assists in a 20 point game, inexplicably playing until 55 seconds left. Seriously, what is wrong with Malone? Bush league and reckless coaching.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#9 » by THE J0KER » Mon Jan 4, 2021 2:20 am

skywalker33 wrote:Facu finally showing some worth, our bench is showing some life.

Sorry, but before this 21 minutes game, Campazzo played just 6 minutes per game, so what exactly you expected to see from him?

Campazzo or Green or Bol will not produce without playing time.
skywalker33

Post#10 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 2:27 am

THE J0KER wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Facu finally showing some worth, our bench is showing some life.

Sorry, but before this 21 minutes game, Campazzo played just 6 minutes per game, so what exactly you expected to see from him?

Campazzo or Green or Bol will not produce without playing time.

A point or two, an assist or three, more steals....not like he's a normal rookie !!! :roll:

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#11 » by THE J0KER » Mon Jan 4, 2021 2:28 am

TheBonzaiEffect wrote:WTF, why did Malone keep Jokic in until the end of the game when it was a 20+ point blowout!? That's insane. I might lose my fantasy basketball match this week because Jokic stat padded two extra assists in a 20 point game, inexplicably playing until 55 seconds left. Seriously, what is wrong with Malone? Bush league and reckless coaching.

When Jokic needed just about one or two extra minutes to complete triple-double with a single rebound already twice this season, or when he needs the same short extra time vs HOU to make another 2 assists for a historic 20-assists achievement, he was benched by Malone, but today he played unnecessary last 5 minutes during 20+ lead with 5 fouls and when triple-double is already competed. :lol:

But that is Malone...
skywalker33

Post#12 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 2:31 am

Great performances by our Bubble Berserkers, Murray was very efficient for another 30pt+ game, Joker (hasn't he had a TD in every game so far ?) 19/12/12 . When we get MPJ back, we should be back to Lethal Weapons !!

TheBonzaiEffect
Starter

Post#13 » by TheBonzaiEffect » Mon Jan 4, 2021 2:33 am

THE J0KER wrote:
TheBonzaiEffect wrote:WTF, why did Malone keep Jokic in until the end of the game when it was a 20+ point blowout!? That's insane. I might lose my fantasy basketball match this week because Jokic stat padded two extra assists in a 20 point game, inexplicably playing until 55 seconds left. Seriously, what is wrong with Malone? Bush league and reckless coaching.

When Jokic needed just about one or two extra minutes to complete triple-double with a single rebound already twice this season, or when he needs the same short extra time vs HOU to make another 2 assists for a historic 20-assists achievement, he was benched by Malone, but today he played unnecessary last 5 minutes during 20+ lead with 5 fouls and when triple-double is already competed. :lol:

But that is Malone...

Of course! Just my luck that today he decides to gratuitously play him. As a life long Dirk fan, Nellie infuriated me. In 01-02, and 02-03, Dirk averaged 10 RPG going into the final game of the season (meaningless games both times). What does Nellie do? Instead of resting him, he plays him...but only 15-20 minutes or so. So he ends both seasons averaging 9.9 RPG. Does it ultimately matter? No. But as a fan... (Plus now ignorant people use Dirk never averaging "10 RPG" as a weak crutch for him not being a good rebounder -- which, defensively, he was). :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#14 » by THE J0KER » Mon Jan 4, 2021 2:48 am

TheBonzaiEffect wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:

But that is Malone...

Of course! Just my luck that today he decides to gratuitously play him. As a life long Dirk fan, Nellie infuriated me. In 01-02, and 02-03, Dirk averaged 10 RPG going into the final game of the season (meaningless games both times). What does Nellie do? Instead of resting him, he plays him...but only 15-20 minutes or so. So he ends both seasons averaging 9.9 RPG. Does it ultimately matter? No. But as a fan... (Plus now ignorant people use Dirk never averaging "10 RPG" as a weak crutch for him not being a good rebounder -- which, defensively, he was). :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Well, back in August, before the very last game of the regular season, Jokic averaged 20.2ppg, and guess what... he scored only 2 points in that game and finished the season with 19.95 ppg because Malone benched him and Murray already in 1st quarter to rest them for a playoff. But why he started that game at all (except to ruin a 20+ season in points)?
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#15 » by Richard Miller » Mon Jan 4, 2021 2:49 am

What a difference when they hit their open threes, watching Barton and Gary throw bricks was painful. Few quality minutes in the 4th was enough to go from -1 to +20
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#16 » by THE J0KER » Mon Jan 4, 2021 3:11 am

Richard Miller wrote:What a difference when they hit their open threes, watching Barton and Gary throw bricks was painful. Few quality minutes in the 4th was enough to go from -1 to +20

Despite this is our just 2nd win this season, and a very convincing win, this was actually our worst game of the season before that 20-2 run in the 4th quarter.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#17 » by The Rebel » Mon Jan 4, 2021 3:57 am

After this game I hope Malone cuts Millsap's minutes down to 15-20 mpg at PF with Green getting 25 mpg at PF only, and Hartenstein getting 15 mpg at C. I think we would be considerably better on defense, and with Hartenstein in the PIck and roll our offense will not totally die when Jokic is off the court.

What is up with Barton? he went from a total ball hog to being passive and looking like he has no idea how to play basketball. It has to be mental as he does not look slower or less athletic. The scary thing is it is on both ends, he just seems worthless.

Finally a nice game from Campazzo, he needed it. Plus he makes a great 20 mpg hustle guard and will drive opponents crazy.

Dozier seems like he is figuring out backup SF, gives me hope that we can move on from Barton and be okay.

Looks like Murray is going to take that step during the regular season that we have needed from him for so long. I hope he keeps going.
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,142

Post#18 » by Mickey8 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 4:17 am

Denver is still playing bad basketball , even against the bad team who is missing their best player . Harris and Barton are almost good as useless , I don't think Denver can get bag of peanuts for them in the trade. Denver will have to rely heavily on Jokic and Murray and hope Porter can be constant third option for the rest of the season, both Jokic and Murray have to play 30+ minutes this season if Denver can have a chance to advance to play off's.
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,142

Post#19 » by Mickey8 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 4:25 am

THE J0KER wrote:

But that is Malone...

Jokic should blame himself for his averages dropping down , he was playing poorly in the bubble at the restart , even before the NBA was abruptly stopped, he was playing some of the worst basketball of the season, 5,6 games before the season was shut down.
TheBonzaiEffect
Starter

Post#20 » by TheBonzaiEffect » Mon Jan 4, 2021 4:41 am

I lost my match by ONE assist! Jokic had 2 blowout assists. Damn you, Malone!

Return to Denver Nuggets