ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 7 : Los Angeles Clippers (4-2) @ Phoenix Suns (5-1) - 8:00 PM

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Re: Game 7 : Los Angeles Clippers (4-2) @ Phoenix Suns (5-1) - 8:00 PM 

Post#41 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Jan 4, 2021 3:24 am

Off-topic, but Marcus Epps just had one of the most amazing interceptions you'll ever see in the WAS/PHI game just now.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,201

Post#42 » by Max Headrom » Mon Jan 4, 2021 3:25 am

Kawhi was utter trash to tonight and they pulled it out. Good win
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,150

Post#43 » by og15 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 3:27 am

Kawhi not only had a poor game, for some reason he decided to take way too many shots in those closing minutes instead of getting the ball to PG. Glad they got it to PG on that last one where he got the assist to Batum. Kawhi was toying with a loss going 0/4 there, yikes!
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#44 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Jan 4, 2021 3:28 am

og15 wrote:Kawhi not only had a poor game, for some reason he decided to take way too many shots in those closing minutes instead of getting the ball to PG. Glad they got it to PG on that last one where he got the assist to Batum. Kawhi was toying with a loss going 0/4 there, yikes!

I'm assuming the mask is just bothering him. This has to be the worst game he's played as a Clipper.
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,089

Scare Mode 

Post#45 » by Wammy Giveaway » Mon Jan 4, 2021 3:30 am

The Clippers have a unique ability called Scare Mode. Whenever their margin is cut down to just 1 point after building up a huge lead following a made basket by the opposing team, the next Clipper possession is an automatic make. The only way to take the lead when going up against the Clippers is by making a game tying or leading shot when down by 2 PTS. Suns failed to do that.

It is also known that Chris Paul, as much as clutch he can be, tends to play subpar when being facing with a deficit. I've known this from his days as a Clipper.

Good for the Clippers to get by past the Suns, otherwise we would have seen another 2012-13 Warriors scenario where they turn a lottery team into a title contender.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,201

Post#46 » by Max Headrom » Mon Jan 4, 2021 3:31 am

og15 wrote:Kawhi not only had a poor game, for some reason he decided to take way too many shots in those closing minutes instead of getting the ball to PG. Glad they got it to PG on that last one where he got the assist to Batum. Kawhi was toying with a loss going 0/4 there, yikes!

Yeah, I don't know what he was smoking those last possessions he had...lol

Also, glad PG said something to Booker for that super weak attempt at getting a charging call on the pass off
apet8945
Junior
And1: 83

Post#47 » by apet8945 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 4:01 am

Never thought I'd use the words inefficient ball-stopping chucker when talking about Kawhi, but that's exactly what he was tonight. Kawhi better buy PG and Batum dinner.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 917

Post#48 » by NickP » Mon Jan 4, 2021 4:25 am

apet8945 wrote:Never thought I'd use the words inefficient ball-stopping chucker when talking about Kawhi, but that's exactly what he was tonight. Kawhi better buy PG and Batum dinner.

Lol. Exactly! It's like Kawhi decided to get out of his shooting slump with the game on the line.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,221

Post#49 » by Clemenza » Mon Jan 4, 2021 4:29 am

Kawhi was absolutely garbage tonight! That 25+ plus lead shrunk mostly because of him always playing outside of the offensive sets. Dragging the offense down to a halt. Then PG is red hot in the 4th and instead of feeding him he becomes a black hole and starting shooting bricks left and right.. so bad it nearly cost us the game. Ty Lue better get in his ear cause star or no star, I don't want to see **** like that again. That's that bullsh*t. I was shocked he did that sh*t. Monstrous MVP like performance from PG! Kennard, Batum, Ibaka.. hell of a game from these guys.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,955

Post#50 » by ejftw » Mon Jan 4, 2021 8:10 am

I wouldn't have been mad if Lue benched Kawhi in the closing minute, dude was just major donkey dookie.

I'm glad to see Kennard with a good showing, hopefully he got that rust shaken off and VaccineP continues
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,293

Post#51 » by nickhx2 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 8:13 am

paul george just keeps having great game after great game. seems like he's really out to prove something and that is a great thing for this team.
lautreamont
Junior
And1: 248

Post#52 » by lautreamont » Mon Jan 4, 2021 8:32 am

MartinToVaught wrote:

I'm assuming the mask is just bothering him. This has to be the worst game he's played as a Clipper.

Game 7 against Denver was his worst.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#53 » by esqtvd » Mon Jan 4, 2021 9:32 am

og15 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:Iso, iso, iso. Are we sure we fired Doc?

Phoenix has done a good job disrupting the Clippers attempted sets, and forcing some of the isolation. I don't know what their defensive scheme is, but I've seen them utilize a lot of switching to make the Clippers go into iso.

----

Thought Kawhi had that previous fadeaway, and even this one he just took

Thank you again for being here on the game thread, Mr. Moderator.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#54 » by esqtvd » Mon Jan 4, 2021 9:42 am

lautreamont wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:

LOL. I'm not going there. PG was even worse. I did that during our offseason discussions and believe me, I was more pissed off about Game 7 than anything in Clipper history. ANYTHING. Believe me.

My pet theory is that right now Kawhi is laying back and TESTING Paul George--challenging him to step up. Kawhi is not gonna re-sign here next summer unless he knows he has a Sundance Kid to his Butch Cassidy.

PG stepping up so far. He knows it too.
esqtvd
RealGM

Re: Scare Mode 

Post#55 » by esqtvd » Mon Jan 4, 2021 10:02 am

Wammy Giveaway wrote:
It is also known that Chris Paul, as much as clutch he can be, tends to play subpar when being facing with a deficit. I've known this from his days as a Clipper.

Give Chris Paul a Kawhi Leonard or even a Jimmy Butler instead of Blake Griff, and Lob City comes out differently.

CP3 is an automatic playoff berth. That alone is greatness. He broke my heart when he chose to leave, but I couldn't blame him--the org had already signaled it had chosen to keep Blake, and CP and BG as a team were a dead letter. [Just like Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid...]

Now Chris is on his 4th team in 4 years. The one thing they have in common is that they all win.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#56 » by esqtvd » Mon Jan 4, 2021 10:05 am

LATE ADD:

CLIPPERS WIN!

:clap: :clap:
NickP
Bench Warmer

Post#57 » by NickP » Mon Jan 4, 2021 2:15 pm

esqtvd wrote:
lautreamont wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:I'm assuming the mask is just bothering him. This has to be the worst game he's played as a Clipper.

LOL. I'm not going there. PG was even worse. I did that during our offseason discussions and believe me, I was more pissed off about Game 7 than anything in Clipper history. ANYTHING. Believe me.

My pet theory is that right now Kawhi is laying back and TESTING Paul George--challenging him to step up. Kawhi is not gonna re-sign here next summer unless he knows he has a Sundance Kid to his Butch Cassidy.

Yeah. I'm sure he's "testing" PG and in doing so missing shots AND sabotaging games.
In putting forth this GARBAGE theory, you've once again slipped in your Kawhi won't sign here BS.
Give it a rest.
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 533

Post#58 » by Kelphus » Mon Jan 4, 2021 6:26 pm

Phoenix is for real. They didn't pack it in when down by 31. CP3 was not Godlike, I refuse to worship him... Suns were -8 with him on the floor, and he shot 50% for 15 total points. Suns did a great job forcing switches to mismatches. Devin Booker is the man there now.

The same geniuses talking about trading PG13 I am waiting for them to after today begin talking about dumping that loser Leonard...

PatBev was top rebounder with 9.

We need Morris back. The complete radio silence on his condition is worrisome.

I didn't like seeing a 31 point advantage whittle to 1, but I'll take the win, and glad PG13, Batum, Kennard and Ibaka are Clippers... oh yeah and that Leonard guy, who just might play next game better than this one...
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
NickP
Bench Warmer

Post#59 » by NickP » Mon Jan 4, 2021 6:54 pm

Kelphus wrote:Phoenix is for real. They didn't pack it in when down by 31. CP3 was not Godlike, I refuse to worship him... Suns were -8 with him on the floor, and he shot 50% for 15 total points. Suns did a great job forcing switches to mismatches. Devin Booker is the man there now.

The same geniuses talking about trading PG13 I am waiting for them to after today begin talking about dumping that loser Leonard...

PatBev was top rebounder with 9.

We need Morris back. The complete radio silence on his condition is worrisome.

I didn't like seeing a 31 point advantage whittle to 1, but I'll take the win, and glad PG13, Batum, Kennard and Ibaka are Clippers... oh yeah and that Leonard guy, who just might play next game better than this one...

Just as it was too early to jump on PG it is too early to jump on Kawhi. Let's play 25 games and get a good sample size. I feel very comfortable knowing that Kawhi and PG both wear Clippers jerseys along with the rest of the guys you mentioned.
Yes the silence on Morris is worrisome now. Either that or they've decided to give it extra rest since we're actually doing ok so far.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,221

Post#60 » by Clemenza » Mon Jan 4, 2021 7:48 pm

esqtvd wrote:
lautreamont wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:I'm assuming the mask is just bothering him. This has to be the worst game he's played as a Clipper.

Who gives a sh*t! Kawhi damn near choked the game away with those bricks and iso ball he played yesterday. And please tells us 2-3 places Kawhi could end up next season since you can't stop pumping this "theory". And also let us know who's has a max slot open, who's changing their offense for him, making him the face of the franchise, have say in the front office, accept his load management schedule, accept his non leadership, accept his Uncle Dennis' demands, etc. Great win last night, PG busted his ass on both sides of the floor, and here you are wanting to bring up how Kawhi is leaving. So lets hear this theory fully and fleshed out and not on some sound bite troll sh*t. Talk to us

Return to Los Angeles Clippers