Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Re: Nets 2021 Trade Speculation/Ideas thread 

Post#21 » by Keith Van Horn » Sun Jan 3, 2021 8:40 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:
no one wrote:

not a single soul wrote:

fox2jk wrote:I think you should stop wasting your time looking at Harden and shift focus to another guy who would be better and cheaper. You just dont have the depth to give up for Harden so shift your focus to Bradley Beal.

Yeha, I do like Beal. Are they still stuck on build around Beal and don't answer the phone for any inquiries on him?
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,247

Post#22 » by Papi_swav » Sun Jan 3, 2021 9:27 pm

Harrison Barnes would be perfect, I also like Rudy Gay. We also need a guy that can defend the smaller guards, george hill would be good too. Guys like Trae Young and Graham had their way with us.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#23 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 2:01 am

How can we be rid of ourselves of Prince? It’s a waste...
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
FlipFlopShot
Pro Prospect
And1: 330

Post#24 » by FlipFlopShot » Mon Jan 4, 2021 3:03 am

We didn't sell high and now we're back to holding the bag, lol.

LeVert, Dinwiddie, Prince, Allen, etc.

Back to the development plan.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,851

Post#25 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 4, 2021 3:15 am

FlipFlopShot wrote:We didn't sell high and now we're back to holding the bag, lol.

What a disaster.

LeVert sucks, Dinwiddie's knee is busted and he's about to opt out, Prince is a moron and Allen can't even be trusted to play in the 4th.

Marks had better turn this situation around quickly.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#26 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 3:32 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
FlipFlopShot wrote:We didn't sell high and now we're back to holding the bag, lol.

What a disaster.

LeVert sucks, Dinwiddie's knee is busted and he's about to opt out, Prince is a moron and Allen can't even be trusted to play in the 4th.

Marks put us in this odd place with Prince. Why sign him to that contract??? He never proved it....

And if he was influenced by KD n KI to do this or that, shame.... so far Jordan and Shamet aren’t good or working out.
The ModFather

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#27 » by Prokorov » Mon Jan 4, 2021 4:35 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

What a disaster.

There is nothing to turn around.... our issues are chemistry which improves with time together and a bit of small sample on great shooters starting the season cold.

if KD hits 2 shots KD usually hits where 5-2 right now. When Kyrie/KD are on the floor, we've been pretty fantastic. bench players are inconsistent. thats why they are on the bench. when they get hot, we'll go on a run. chemistry will clean up the turnovers. when we dont turn it over 20 times, thats more wins.

Defensive issues are mostly chemistry. tons of wide open threes and dunks. communication will improve, familiarity will improve. the zone today didnt work, mostly because no one was comfortable with where anyone else would be.
drchaos
Rookie
And1: 409

Post#28 » by drchaos » Mon Jan 4, 2021 2:24 pm

With a rookie coach and no pre-season it is going to take some of these guys time to gel and figure out rotations.

The good news is that if our biggest problem is at the center position the low relative value of that position should make it easy on us if we decide to upgrade the position through a trade.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#29 » by Prokorov » Mon Jan 4, 2021 2:59 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:
no one wrote:

not a single soul wrote:

fox2jk wrote:I think you should stop wasting your time looking at Harden and shift focus to another guy who would be better and cheaper. You just dont have the depth to give up for Harden so shift your focus to Bradley Beal.

Yeha, I do like Beal. Are they still stuck on build around Beal and don't answer the phone for any inquiries on him?

I dont love beal. particularly his fit here. i think he is the antithesis of dinwiddie. He may be willing to sacrafice offense like spencer was but he doesnt have the skill set to impact the way spencer did in other ways (defensively, size, switching). Beal would be a better replacement for levert, whom i guess would have to be in the deal, but to me id rather a smaller deal where we keep levert and get a 2-way type lesser guy then move Levert for a (big) upgrade. Harden is one thing, Beal isnt really that type of super elite top 5 player.

I also would look into Myles turner. I know he isnt so much a spencer replacment but indy practically was giving him away to boston
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#30 » by Paradise » Mon Jan 4, 2021 8:07 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

What a disaster.

There is nothing to turn around.... our issues are chemistry which improves with time together and a bit of small sample on great shooters starting the season cold.

if KD hits 2 shots KD usually hits where 5-2 right now. When Kyrie/KD are on the floor, we've been pretty fantastic. bench players are inconsistent. thats why they are on the bench. when they get hot, we'll go on a run. chemistry will clean up the turnovers. when we dont turn it over 20 times, thats more wins.

Defensive issues are mostly chemistry. tons of wide open threes and dunks. communication will improve, familiarity will improve. the zone today didnt work, mostly because no one was comfortable with where anyone else would be.

You think so? I see a group that don’t appear to be winning players. I see why ATL traded Prince, I see why LeVert isn’t considered a blue chip prospect, I see why Allen wasn’t extended. I’m not seeing it sorely off of chemistry.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#31 » by DarkXaero » Mon Jan 4, 2021 8:19 pm

Before the season, I had mentioned Larry Nance Jr as a potential trade target. After watching the team play, I think a player like Nance Jr would help us a lot. He's a 4/5 who can rebound at a high level, be a mobile defender, and stretch the floor at a respectable level. He's also a high energy/activity guy and an overall good dude in the locker room as well. Not sure what it would take to get him, but when Cavs are healthy, he's coming off the bench for them (behind Kevin Love & Drummond in rotation).
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#32 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 5, 2021 2:34 am

Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
What a disaster.

You think so? I see a group that don’t appear to be winning players. I see why ATL traded Prince, I see why LeVert isn’t considered a blue chip prospect, I see why Allen wasn’t extended. I’m not seeing it sorely off of chemistry.

Its 99.9999% chemistry. you dont see it because you are too emotionally invested in wins and losses.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#33 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:07 am

^
Get real. Chemistry won't solve DJ's unwillingness to show effort on switches, box-outs and P&R catches. It won't solve Prince's unwillingness to operate efficiently within the framework of his offensive abilities, nor his lack of off-ball defensive awareness. We've seen them play this way for over 16 months now, and if anything, chemistry has entrenched the problem, not solved it.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#34 » by Sharcm1 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 10:18 pm

Taj Gibson is a free agent we could sign. Pf off the bench
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#35 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Jan 6, 2021 1:46 am

DarkXaero wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:Check out my post on the Trades and Transactions board, first published proposal of 2021!

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2035671

I think that this deal could do us a ton of good. We could keep the roster spot open afterward, but I'd really like to see us bring back Rondae. He has blossomed since he left, and although he's still not a shooter, he can be the stopper we need against LBJ, Kawhi, Luka and other superstar wings.
Unfortunately, I think trading DJ is a non-starter.

If he keeps playing like this, his friends will be more than willing to ship him out. They took a pay cut for him, and he's not providing them anything in return. KD wants a championship, and as we get deeper into the season, he'll be more ruthless with teammates.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#36 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Jan 6, 2021 1:51 am

Once the smoke clears from Harden and maybe even Beal, things will heat up on mid-tier guys.

I could see Marks getting creative with something like Jordan or Prince, Shamet, Claxton, Rodi, or the such for a player in a similar disappointing situation, where we save them some tax money, give them a real flyer on a young guy or two and get the better player.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#37 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 6, 2021 5:24 am

If Lavine is available id love to make a move for him. would be a perfect dinwiddie replacment. he has enormous potential and plays with a chip on his shoulder. he could be a difference maker on a good team and is the athlete were misssing

him or nance jr would be huge
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#38 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 6:07 am

Prokorov wrote:If Lavine is available id love to make a move for him. would be a perfect dinwiddie replacment. he has enormous potential and plays with a chip on his shoulder. he could be a difference maker on a good team and is the athlete were misssing

him or nance jr would be huge

Like that description for Lavine... really can’t disagree

Someone or somewhere mentioned Nance Jr, after reading that, I mean it’s very intriguing matchup. Not thinking about contract or what it takes to make a move(not there yet)... but gotta like what he brings.

Had we had the cap, Jerami Grant would’ve been the best PF to pluck!

Nance Jr, I’ve grown to it. Assuming he’s still healthy and at top athletic form.
The ModFather

drchaos
Rookie
And1: 409

Post#39 » by drchaos » Wed Jan 6, 2021 3:14 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:Once the smoke clears from Harden and maybe even Beal, things will heat up on mid-tier guys.

I could see Marks getting creative with something like Jordan or Prince, Shamet, Claxton, Rodi, or the such for a player in a similar disappointing situation, where we save them some tax money, give them a real flyer on a young guy or two and get the better player.

I would like to hang on to Claxton and Rodi as their value could increase over the next year or two.

Jordan, Prince, and Shamet are all guys that could easily be used as trade chips now.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,583

Post#40 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed Jan 6, 2021 3:25 pm

If I may overreact to the win against Utah, it seems like the Nets recipe for success is:

1. Surround KD and Kyrie with impact defenders in the starting lineup (Brown, Allen and TBD).
2. Have a bench that is explosive offensively with Levert, Harris and a second ball handler (Dinwiddie/TJ/Chiozza).

The Nets should be looking to add an elite defender in the starting lineup to play one of the forward positions next to KD.

Who are the best defensive forwards that may become available this year?

Return to Brooklyn Nets