ImageImageImageImageImage

"Around the NBA": 2020-21 Season Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

All other games to discuss on Nets board. 

Post#21 » by Paradise » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:15 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Paradise wrote:The Clippers are down 62-18 in the 2nd quarter...

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I had to double check here and GB to see if that was a joke. Wow WTF :lol: I knew Ty Lue was fluke as hell. Having LBJ coaching your team doesn't work with others. They'll be ready to crucify him in a few.

It is an embarrassment that a team full of professionals went down by 50 points at the half. I would be very afraid if I was a Clippers fan, if Leonard opts out they will be **** ed

Lmaoooo at PG blaming the loss on family.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: All other games to discuss on Nets board. 

Post#22 » by GTR11 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:21 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Paradise wrote:The Clippers are down 62-18 in the 2nd quarter...

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I had to double check here and GB to see if that was a joke. Wow WTF :lol: I knew Ty Lue was fluke as hell. Having LBJ coaching your team doesn't work with others. They'll be ready to crucify him in a few.

It is an embarrassment that a team full of professionals went down by 50 points at the half. I would be very afraid if I was a Clippers fan, if Leonard opts out they will be **** ed

I don't think he will for many reasons but it's very concerning how heartless they are. They ran on hype mode all last season up until bubble. Than chaos broke loose. There's some huge disconnect going on, time will tell.
Khashbaatar
Junior
And1: 164

Post#23 » by Khashbaatar » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:27 am

Bulls-Warriors game is thoroughly enjoyable.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,235

Post#24 » by Papi_swav » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:28 am

That's it, Kawhi is coming to the Nets. Sign and trade this offseason ?
GTR11
RealGM

Post#25 » by GTR11 » Fri Jan 1, 2021 4:10 am

Hello to everyone and Happy New Year.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#26 » by GTR11 » Fri Jan 1, 2021 4:11 am

It seems like Raps might not be as good as most thought. If they won't right the ship in a next 10-15 they might just start tanking for their own good. Its ugly right now.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,745

Post#27 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 1, 2021 1:15 pm

The NBA has been terrible thus far as a whole product. Multiple national television blow outs. Unless it isn't the Nets, most of these teams aren't worth watching.

GTR11 wrote:It seems like Raps might not be as good as most thought. If they won't right the ship in a next 10-15 they might just start tanking for their own good. Its ugly right now.

Based on what I've read on the Raptors board, they are hopping off the Siakam train.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
GTR11
RealGM

Post#28 » by GTR11 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:33 am

MrDollarBills wrote:The NBA has been terrible thus far as a whole product. Multiple national television blow outs. Unless it isn't the Nets, most of these teams aren't worth watching.

GTR11 wrote:It seems like Raps might not be as good as most thought. If they won't right the ship in a next 10-15 they might just start tanking for their own good. Its ugly right now.

Based on what I've read on the Raptors board, they are hopping off the Siakam train.

He's only legit player they got. Gasol and Ibaka covered for a lot of things ( didn't think it was that significant ) and now it showing. Nurse is a great coach, its just he don't play the game. That team is trash.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#29 » by GTR11 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:36 am

I expected a lot more from this Blazer team. Its sad to whats going on out there. They need to make a move and get some legit all star for CJ, he just ain't good enough to be #2. Legit third option for sure.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#30 » by GTR11 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:38 am

if I'm GSW, I'm shutting down Steph in few weeks. Its over for this year. That trash around him and Dray not worth those bucks they pay. They got Wiseman, get another lottery pick and go from there.
Khashbaatar
Junior

Post#31 » by Khashbaatar » Sun Jan 3, 2021 5:59 am

Cavs' defensive effort in the second half vs ATL was amazing. Long road trips and tired legs, whatever excuses the ATL may have, the Cavs' long and versatile defenders, lightning quick guards left a bad taste in their mouth.
Dante Exum is a hell of a defender, neutralized Trae all night long.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#32 » by Paradise » Mon Jan 4, 2021 4:05 am

Steph just dropped 62 points on Portland in 33 minutes.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#33 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 4, 2021 12:58 pm

Paradise wrote:Steph just dropped 62 points on Portland in 33 minutes.

Steph was pissed.

Khashbaatar
Junior

Post#34 » by Khashbaatar » Thu Jan 7, 2021 1:57 am

Good to see Nwaba is thriving in Houston
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#35 » by gigantes » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:16 am

Draymond Green... still a good talking head, still a high BBIQ player... still a nasty little bitch.

https://streamable.com/lt1i9j

Not seen here afterwards is when he pops up in a rage, claiming that Kawhi should have let his arm go limp to prevent the crash. Green wound up getting a flagrant-1 I think it was.

Ironically, I'd tuned in because I was interested to see how his recovery was going and hoped to see some his smart play-making and intangibles. Yeah, forget you, Draymond.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,094

Post#36 » by therealbig3 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:46 pm

League is kind of a mess right now with all these players having to sit out. Don’t see a real solution though other than to pause the season for a bit.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#37 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:23 pm

therealbig3 wrote:League is kind of a mess right now with all these players having to sit out. Don’t see a real solution though other than to pause the season for a bit.

League leadership is handling this poorly. Multiple teams are starting to have outbreaks

gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#38 » by gigantes » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:45 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:League is kind of a mess right now with all these players having to sit out. Don’t see a real solution though other than to pause the season for a bit.

League leadership is handling this poorly. Multiple teams are starting to have outbreaks

It would have been a certain hardship for many people, but I can't help thinking that the league should have done a Bubble 2.0 if they really wanted to stay safe. Because not just peoples' lives are at stake, but you can still be subject to permanent or semi-permanent damage if it takes your body too long to fight off a case of CV19. Spencer sounds like he had a pretty bad case for example, and who knows if that didn't make him more vulnerable to injury...?

So I'm thinking maybe they could have done some strategic pauses during the season (maybe two strategic breaks?) in order to let people visit with their families. Some kind of hybrid solution that would be an improvement over the first Bubble, anyway. Because this thing about having 30 teams constantly traveling around the country does seem like a recipe for failure. Especially when you have guys like Harden who just don't care, and likes to attend mask-less indoor parties & events as he pleases.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#39 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:20 pm

gigantes wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

It would have been a certain hardship for many people, but I can't help thinking that the league should have done a Bubble 2.0 if they really wanted to stay safe. Because not just peoples' lives are at stake, but you can still be subject to permanent or semi-permanent damage if it takes your body too long to fight off a case of CV19. Spencer sounds like he had a pretty bad case for example, and who knows if that didn't make him more vulnerable to injury...?

So I'm thinking maybe they could have done some strategic pauses during the season (maybe two strategic breaks?) in order to let people visit with their families. Some kind of hybrid solution that would be an improvement over the first Bubble, anyway. Because this thing about having 30 teams constantly traveling around the country does seem like a recipe for failure. Especially when you have guys like Harden who just don't care, and likes to attend mask-less indoor parties & events as he pleases.

The league may be forced to pause for two weeks at this rate. I think that a season long bubble is asking a lot, but a playoff or 2nd half of the season bubble should definitely be in play.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#40 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:54 pm

Multiple NBA players have tested positive for COVID-19 for a second time.

The CDC defines "reinfection" as a person getting infection, recovering and then later becoming infected again. There are ongoing studies about how long immunity might last, but the CDC says it expects some coronavirus reinfections.

While the NBA has announced more than 100 positive tests since last summer, the actual number is believed to be significantly higher.

Several teams have more than 10 players who have tested positive at some point over the past nine months. There is some uncertainty about the number of actual positive tests there were during the NBA's three-month shutdown.

Well, there goes the idea that you can't get COVID twice right out the window.

A shut down is coming, maybe it will work in the Nets' favor if we take a two week break, with all this nonsense with Kyrie going on this team needs a regrouping.

Return to Brooklyn Nets