Nuggets Trades

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#1281 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 4:43 am

The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:With his struggles since being traded, wonder if we could trade Barton straight up for Covington ? POR could use some bench scoring or push Jones Jr to the bench.

Maybe
POR trades Covington, Little
DEN trades Barton, Cancar

I think Portland is actually a good fit for Barton, and Jones Jr actually considers himself a PF, so he could still start at PF for the Blazers.

I am fine with Covington, although I doubt they would add Little, I think they are still really high on him long term.
I'd be fine w/o Little (although I did think he'd be better than he is, POR doesn't develop well IMO), perhaps replace with a 2nd. If we did this we could help replace the D that left with Grant and Cov wouldn't really have to score, like he isn't doing in POR anyway.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#1282 » by THE J0KER » Mon Jan 4, 2021 5:32 am

Harden added Portland to his list of preferred teams. If Denver wants to participate as 3rd team in the Harden deal that would be a great opportunity.

PORTLAND: Harden, Barton
HOUSTON: Gary Harris, Zach Collins, Trent jr, Nnaji, Hampton, DEN2021, POR2023, DEN2025, POR2025, DEN2027
DENVER: CJ McCollum, Covington

But once MPJ goes to re-sign Kroenke should be ready for the luxury tax to save the Murray-CJM-Covington-Porter-Jokic (super)team.
Manolito
Senior
And1: 391

Post#1283 » by Manolito » Mon Jan 4, 2021 8:29 am

skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:With his struggles since being traded, wonder if we could trade Barton straight up for Covington ? POR could use some bench scoring or push Jones Jr to the bench.

Maybe

I think Portland is actually a good fit for Barton, and Jones Jr actually considers himself a PF, so he could still start at PF for the Blazers.

I am fine with Covington, although I doubt they would add Little, I think they are still really high on him long term.
I'd be fine w/o Little (although I did think he'd be better than he is, POR doesn't develop well IMO), perhaps replace with a 2nd. If we did this we could help replace the D that left with Grant and Cov wouldn't really have to score, like he isn't doing in POR anyway.

I am sorry, but Portland is not going to trade away a player who cost them two first round picks just after 6 games. Furthermore...what has Barton shown?? His trade value is between zero and negative.
skywalker33

Post#1284 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 3:59 pm

THE J0KER wrote:Harden added Portland to his list of preferred teams. If Denver wants to participate as 3rd team in the Harden deal that would be a great opportunity.

PORTLAND: Harden, Barton
HOUSTON: Gary Harris, Zach Collins, Trent jr, Nnaji, Hampton, DEN2021, POR2023, DEN2025, POR2025, DEN2027
DENVER: CJ McCollum, Covington

But once MPJ goes to re-sign Kroenke should be ready for the luxury tax to save the Murray-CJM-Covington-Porter-Jokic (super)team.

First, are you HIGH ?? Denver isn't paying the way to move Harden (especially to a division rival). Second, CJ-No-defense-McCollum is not worth 5 1sts (NNaji, RJ and 3 future picks), especially at his salary. Even adding in Covington I don't see that kinda value here even if you add in Covington. Lastly, that's a huge overpay for Harden IMO

skywalker33

Post#1285 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 4:18 pm

Manolito wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

I am sorry, but Portland is not going to trade away a player who cost them two first round picks just after 6 games. Furthermore...what has Barton shown?? His trade value is between zero and negative.

You're probably right, but POR has always been enamoured with Barton, and they are a more iso team than DEN. But even so, the Blazers 1st is looking like a middle of the pack pick, Covington has yet to live up to expectations (has Barton though ? although I can factor int he's on a new team. Still, if things continue for both players and both teams feel they need a trade, I don't see it out of the realm of possibilities

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#1286 » by The Rebel » Mon Jan 4, 2021 11:12 pm

Manolito wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

While I agree that the Trailblazers are not going to give up on Convington this week, they may in a few weeks if things are still not going great.

As for Barton, last year impact stats had him as a top 70 player in the league, which is an above average starter making 6th man money. His injuries hinder his value a little, but his production gives him real value.

If you look into the numbers Barton was a better player than Covington was last year, and so far there is still not much difference between the 2.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1287 » by The Rebel » Mon Jan 4, 2021 11:56 pm

Boston has a depth problem and need a SG/SF since they lost Hayward they also have the TPE from trading Hayward. I wonder if they would do Barton for Ojeleye and 2 2021 2nd round picks (1 is from OKC)?

While Ojeleye is undersized, he is a good perimeter defender at PF and could be a good end of the rotation guy when needed.
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,603

Post#1288 » by youngthegiant » Tue Jan 5, 2021 4:37 am

Denver needs a 3/4 hybrid to replace Grant. We have to be able to hide MPJ on the worse front-court player and Millsap is far too old to be defending out on the perimeter.
Kyle Anderson (fits into the TPE)
Aaron Gordon
Otto Porter Jr.(would have to trade Harris + Barton, so we need another trade lined up for a defensive SG)
Harrison Barnes
Taurean prince( could be a decent swap option for Barton)
Miles Bridges
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#1289 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:45 am

king1389 wrote:Hello to everyone, Nuggets fan from Serbia here :D

What you guys think about somebody like Terrence Ross? Could he be good back up SF/SG or 6-man guy. And what we need, beside Barton to get him?

Sorry for bad grammar :(

Welcome - we like Serbians. Especially Serbians that can pass the ball like a magical wizard. :lol: There are quite a few RealGM posters who's primary language is not English - it all works out. Sometimes after a rough beginning to a conversation. Just be patient the everyone and hopefully they'll be patient too (well, at least most of them).

I like Ross's game, but he's not our long-term answer. So for the right deal, sure, I'd do it. I really like the Fournier suggestion.

Maybe

Yeah, I doubt they trade Barton for Covington straight across. Not sure Cancar for Little evens things out. As much as I like Covington and believe he's a perfect player to fit in our lineup, I think Portland values him quite bit more than this.
The Rebel wrote:Boston has a depth problem and need a SG/SF since they lost Hayward they also have the TPE from trading Hayward. I wonder if they would do Barton for Ojeleye and 2 2021 2nd round picks (1 is from OKC)?

While Ojeleye is undersized, he is a good perimeter defender at PF and could be a good end of the rotation guy when needed.

I like Ojeleye's game. It hasn't developed as much as I hoped. But he's definitely a team player who gives a decent effort at both ends of the court. I think Barton would help Boston and they just might accept this offer.
youngthegiant wrote:Denver needs a 3/4 hybrid to replace Grant. We have to be able to hide MPJ on the worse front-court player and Millsap is far too old to be defending out on the perimeter.
Aaron Gordon
Otto Porter Jr.(would have to trade Harris + Barton, so we need another trade lined up for a defensive SG)
Harrison Barnes
Miles Bridges

Your list has some players with questionable defense and I'd suggest, that for a 2nd year player - with not very minutes at all, Porter's defense is on an equal with a few of those players.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1290 » by The Rebel » Tue Jan 5, 2021 2:57 pm

youngthegiant wrote:Denver needs a 3/4 hybrid to replace Grant. We have to be able to hide MPJ on the worse front-court player and Millsap is far too old to be defending out on the perimeter.
Aaron Gordon
Harrison Barnes
Miles Bridges

I like the idea of Anderson and posted about him a few days ago, I think he is the guy we should be looking at especially with their injury issues.

I would take Prince or Bridges if they are cheap enough, both have potential to be what we need but neither is there yet.

If the Magic were not asking so much for Gordon I would be interested, but I don't think he is worth 2 1st round picks and expiring deals.

Barnes is not worth the cost it would be just to match contracts.

Otto Porter JR is someone that I have no interest in any more, I think he has regressed and is not even close to worth his deal.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1291 » by The Rebel » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:05 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:Boston has a depth problem and need a SG/SF since they lost Hayward they also have the TPE from trading Hayward. I wonder if they would do Barton for Ojeleye and 2 2021 2nd round picks (1 is from OKC)?

I like Ojeleye's game. It hasn't developed as much as I hoped. But he's definitely a team player who gives a decent effort at both ends of the court. I think Barton would help Boston and they just might accept this offer.

I don't know what is going on in Boston, they have done great developing Tatum and Brown, even Smart, but the rest of their young guys never seem to develop there. I think Ojeleye is a solid prospect that could turn into a long term bench swing defender that is okay on offense.

Looking at our roster I am sure that Malone will start and play Millsap 15-20mpg no matter what, with Green getting the majority of the rest of the minutes at PF, MPJ getting most of the minutes at SF, and Dozier capable of playing at Sf for 15 mpg I think it makes sense to look for a 9th or 10th man type that can develop into a solid rotation player and picks for Barton.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1292 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:11 pm

With all of that Sacramento noise about trading Bagley, would we be interested? His biggest problem has been injuries and gambling on injuries has worked somewhat well for us (Porter especially, but Beasley fell in the draft due to injury and worked out fairly well, and now we have Bol working on it).

Barton for Bagley?
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1293 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:19 pm

Harden, Harden, Harden - has anyone noticed that Denver has no trouble scoring? None whatsoever.

Defense, defense, defense - has anyone noticed that Denver has a hard time stopping other teams from scoring?

Boards, boards, boards - has anyone noticed that Denver has a hard time getting rebounds? Especially defensive rebounding?

Can someone please explain to me how Harden helps Denver's defense or rebounding?
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1294 » by The Rebel » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:34 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:With all of that Sacramento noise about trading Bagley, would we be interested? His biggest problem has been injuries and gambling on injuries has worked somewhat well for us (Porter especially, but Beasley fell in the draft due to injury and worked out fairly well, and now we have Bol working on it).

Barton for Bagley?

I would probably do it, but Bagley is bad on defense and bring a father that likes to interfere neither are great options.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1295 » by The Rebel » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:35 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:Harden, Harden, Harden - has anyone noticed that Denver has no trouble scoring? None whatsoever.

Defense, defense, defense - has anyone noticed that Denver has a hard time stopping other teams from scoring?

Boards, boards, boards - has anyone noticed that Denver has a hard time getting rebounds? Especially defensive rebounding?

Can someone please explain to me how Harden helps Denver's defense or rebounding?

report in the post a couple of days ago that it was Houston that reached out to Denver and asked about MPJ for Harden, and were told the Nuggets were not interested.
skywalker33

Post#1296 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 4:30 pm

I certainly wouldn't mind Siakam here, especially with his trade value dropping.

Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,884

Post#1297 » by Richard Miller » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:10 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:Harden, Harden, Harden - has anyone noticed that Denver has no trouble scoring? None whatsoever.

Eh, depends. Gary is a shooting guard and he can't shoot to save his life. I really want to see him succeed, but maybe that's not going to happen. Also Barton is very shaky, dunno is he going to be better with more games or this is also who he is now.
KKP
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#1298 » by KKP » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:21 pm

Romeo Langford would replace Craig ..
skywalker33

Post#1299 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:50 pm

KKP wrote:Romeo Langford would replace Craig ..

Knowing Celtic fans they'd probably value him at MPJ + 2 1st's :lol:

KKP
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#1300 » by KKP » Tue Jan 5, 2021 8:13 pm

Harris and Bol for Langford and Smart a bitch for Muray..

Return to Denver Nuggets