Image ImageImage Image

Way too early NBA draft thread 2021

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

If we manage to get 3rd pick who do you draft?

Evan Mobley
14%
Jalen Suggs
61%
Terrence Clarke
1%
Jonathan Kuminga
6%
Ziaire Williams
1%
Usman Guruba
1%
Jalen Johnson
1%
Terrence Clarke
No votes
BJ Boston
2%
None of the Above
12%

Total votes: 146

othawhitemeat
Veteran
And1: 757

Re: Way too early NBA draft thread 2021 

Post#141 » by othawhitemeat » Sun Jan 3, 2021 10:08 pm

DuckIII wrote:What do you guys think of Andre Curbelo as a pro prospect? I don’t mean after this season because I doubt he comes out. But perhaps after next season?

The difference he makes when he’s on the floor is outrageous at the college level. I think he’ll make a strong and fun to watch pro.

Amazing change of difference. As an Illini fan hope he sticks around 1 more year. He needs to improve his shooting though and especially due to lack of size. However, despite lack of size if he improves shooting I can see a difference maker at next level. Magician w the ball.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,499

Post#142 » by DuckIII » Sun Jan 3, 2021 10:33 pm

PhilLeotardo wrote:I’d toss good money on this Simonovic dude never even coming over, let alone replacing Wendell Carter hahaha. Id throw my life savings on Simonovic never having a 20/10 game in the NBA, let alone being a starter on an NBA team. WCJ is infinitely more talented than Simonovic & actually has an NBA-ready body, something Simonovic will likely never possess. And it isn’t like WCJ is some 1%er elite big man talent either

Also, if he does in fact come over & prove (against ALL odds) to be some sort of wunderkind sleeper talent, you’d hope that replacing that pillow soft scrub Markkanen would be order #1 on the list

Also, ROFL! at the person above who suggested that WCJ + couple picks tossed in would be enough to net Cade Cunningham!!!!! Whatever y’all are chiefing on, pass it along, mates. This forum, I swear

Dude, can you at least try to write some posts in which you aren’t being a dick? We all have our bad moments and can get heated, but it’s kinda ridiculous at this point. Try to chill out for all our sakes, would ya?
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#143 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Sun Jan 3, 2021 10:46 pm

Simonovic is taller, stronger,leaner than WCJ. Carter is one of the worst bodies in the league. Simonovic athlethicism is on Aron Baynes, Theiss, Hartenstain level. Nothing special but not bad at all. He is way more mobile and with bigger leaping ability than Kornet and Felicio.
PlayerUp
Analyst
And1: 1,847

Post#144 » by PlayerUp » Mon Jan 4, 2021 6:01 am

Kukoc-Lauri wrote:Simonovic is taller, stronger,leaner than WCJ. Carter is one of the worst bodies in the league. Simonovic athlethicism is on Aron Baynes, Theiss, Hartenstain level. Nothing special but not bad at all. He is way more mobile and with bigger leaping ability than Kornet and Felicio.

You'll get very little people on here defending WCJ these days. Factor in that WCJ is always injured as well he can be frustrating to watch. I do think to fix our bigman issue the Bulls should just keep trying to add late 1st or 2nd Rd bigman. There always seems to be at least 1 or more bigman gems in every draft on average you can find later in the draft. Use the lottery picks to continue to try to fix our backcourt problems.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#145 » by MrFortune3 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 6:07 am

TheSuzerain wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:We need to tank hard for a top pick and then trade for a second pick with which to take Keon Johnson.

Definitely need to take any dumb/lazy players off our board. We've seen how tough it is to play with those guys. Jalen Green is kind of a mindless scorer, no? Maybe stay away from that one. Don't touch the Kentucky guys either.

Suggs or Cade are the dream. Both heady players. Mobley the other top prospect right now.

That's not the mindset of AK or Evs. They have no interest in tanking and AK already said he hopes to never pick as high as #4 ever again.

AK's mindset should be to build a top team.

And it doesn't take long to watch our current team and realize we don't have the foundation for one.

Would be a massive mistake to prop up this false core with a decent group of supporting vets (e.g. yesterday's win vs the Wiz).

It's not about "propping" up a false core. He wants to change the culture and get them to develop and win. More tanking isn't going to help that.
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,141

Post#146 » by CjayC » Mon Jan 4, 2021 8:05 am

PlayerUp wrote:
Kukoc-Lauri wrote:Simonovic is taller, stronger,leaner than WCJ. Carter is one of the worst bodies in the league. Simonovic athlethicism is on Aron Baynes, Theiss, Hartenstain level. Nothing special but not bad at all. He is way more mobile and with bigger leaping ability than Kornet and Felicio.

You'll get very little people on here defending WCJ these days. Factor in that WCJ is always injured as well he can be frustrating to watch. I do think to fix our bigman issue the Bulls should just keep trying to add late 1st or 2nd Rd bigman. There always seems to be at least 1 or more bigman gems in every draft on average you can find later in the draft. Use the lottery picks to continue to try to fix our backcourt problems.

Agreed. Unless you're getting a obvious unicorn(Ughhh this word) level big that high up in the draft, give me the Guard, Wing, or Forward. Even if they have some warts to their game, as long as you believe in your player development. I just don't think WCJ was that kind of guy.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,838

Post#147 » by TheSuzerain » Mon Jan 4, 2021 5:55 pm

MrFortune3 wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:
That's not the mindset of AK or Evs. They have no interest in tanking and AK already said he hopes to never pick as high as #4 ever again.

AK's mindset should be to build a top team.

And it doesn't take long to watch our current team and realize we don't have the foundation for one.

Would be a massive mistake to prop up this false core with a decent group of supporting vets (e.g. yesterday's win vs the Wiz).

It's not about "propping" up a false core. He wants to change the culture and get them to develop and win. More tanking isn't going to help that.

We've moved all of our core players into the starting lineup. It's early, but our starting lineup has been getting absolutely drilled by the opposition. That ain't good.

The best 3 players so far in terms of +/-? Garrett Temple, Thad Young, and Daniel Gafford. Our veteran-laden bench has been consistently winning their minutes.

We probably need to wait 15 games or so before taking stock, but so far our core has been garbage together.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#148 » by MrFortune3 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 7:01 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:AK's mindset should be to build a top team.

We've moved all of our core players into the starting lineup. It's early, but our starting lineup has been getting absolutely drilled by the opposition. That ain't good.

The best 3 players so far in terms of +/-? Garrett Temple, Thad Young, and Daniel Gafford. Our veteran-laden bench has been consistently winning their minutes.

We probably need to wait 15 games or so before taking stock, but so far our core has been garbage together.

AK keeps telling fans exactly what he’s going to do. He does it and somehow than fan base is stunned.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#149 » by TheSuzerain » Mon Jan 4, 2021 7:04 pm

MrFortune3 wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:

AK keeps telling fans exactly what he’s going to do. He does it and somehow than fan base is stunned.

Not stunned, just disappointed.

If we don't sell off at the deadline, AK will reveal himself as a poor manager of our assets.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#150 » by TheSuzerain » Mon Jan 4, 2021 7:23 pm

Curbelo is fun to watch. Seems like a 2nd round prospect perhaps? Tough for small guards to rise too high unless they are lights out from 3.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#151 » by TheSuzerain » Mon Jan 4, 2021 7:29 pm

I think Jalen Green is the gag prize at the top if I'm calling my shot.

You listen to some of his interviews, and he talks about his brand and stuff.

Feels like his upside is of the Beal/Lavine variety. Similar to Anthony Edwards, but with a much worse frame.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#152 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Mon Jan 4, 2021 8:39 pm

Green is much better prospect than Edwards,Barett,Ball. He is shooting guard version of Morant. Tbh he remindes me on highschool Kobe. That is high ceeling type. Imo his floor is Lavine. He have more bust potential than Cade or Suggs, but also bigger ceeling. My gut feeling says me we will end up with Suggs, Jalen Johnson or Scottie Barnes.
PlayerUp
Analyst
And1: 1,847

Post#153 » by PlayerUp » Mon Jan 4, 2021 8:51 pm

Kukoc-Lauri wrote:My gut feeling says me we will end up with Suggs, Jalen Johnson or Scottie Barnes.

We don't even know what pick we're getting here and it's way too early to predict this.

Unlike last season, we're expected to have March Madness that typically changes the draft orders a final time. We also need to see what NCAA prospects decline and rise during the season because that's usually an important factor on what prospects can adapt and improve in the NBA level.

As for AK, we know he likes taking higher ceiling prospects as seen with his last picks being Michael Porter, Bol Bol, Patrick Williams, Marko Simonovic which if he continues this approach should rule out a bunch of prospects.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#154 » by TheSuzerain » Tue Jan 5, 2021 2:41 am

Kukoc-Lauri wrote:Green is much better prospect than Edwards,Barett,Ball. He is shooting guard version of Morant. Tbh he remindes me on highschool Kobe. That is high ceeling type. Imo his floor is Lavine. He have more bust potential than Cade or Suggs, but also bigger ceeling. My gut feeling says me we will end up with Suggs, Jalen Johnson or Scottie Barnes.

I don't see it. Morant has excellent vision/passing.

Green seems like scoring and little else.

Barnes and Jalen Johnson would be huge disappointments.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#155 » by Chi town » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:04 am

TheSuzerain wrote:I think Jalen Green is the gag prize at the top if I'm calling my shot.

You listen to some of his interviews, and he talks about his brand and stuff.

Feels like his upside is of the Beal/Lavine variety. Similar to Anthony Edwards, but with a much worse frame.

Green is elite defensively. Edwards Beal and Lavine are not.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#156 » by No-Man » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:30 pm

To me this class top3 tiers are as follows

Cade Cunningham

Jalen Suggs
Evan Mobley

Jalen Green
Keon Johnson
Ziaire Williams
Moses Moody
Jonathan Kuminga
Kai Jones
Usman Garuba

With Bouknight right next and maybe the guy I could put in tier 3 too

I don't love Green but I do think he translates and scorers retain value, you prob can trade him at some point and with such a drop-off after 3rd I'd take him if forced to

the Bulls absolutely need to be in position to draft Cade or Suggs, that's the main take-away basically, either because you end up top2 or because Suggs drops to 4th for whatever reason
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,223

Post#157 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:39 pm

Fischella wrote:To me this class top3 tiers are as follows

Cade Cunningham

Jalen Suggs
Evan Mobley

Jalen Green
Keon Johnson
Ziaire Williams
Moses Moody
Jonathan Kuminga
Kai Jones
Usman Garuba

I don't love Green but I do think he translates and scorers retain value, you prob can trade him at some point and with such a drop-off after 3rd I'd take him if forced to

the Bulls absolutely need to be in position to draft Cade or Suggs, that's the main take-away basically, either because you end up top2 or because Suggs drops to 4th for whatever reason

Doesn't Ziaire's slow start turn you off? I noticed you didn't have other guys who got off to slow starts like BJ Boston and Jalen Johnson, although I suppose maybe you were never high on them?
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#158 » by DroseReturnChi » Tue Jan 5, 2021 6:05 pm

Cade Cunningham

Jalen Suggs
Evan Mobley

Jalen Green
Keon Johnson
Ziaire Williams
Moses Moody
Jonathan Kuminga
Kai Jones
Usman Garuba

well this idiot team refuses to tank. maybe ak truly think theres someone better than those. i was wrong this draft when pw is one of the best player.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#159 » by Southpaw » Tue Jan 5, 2021 6:09 pm

Totally random but Cade Cunningham is such a superstar name. He'll solve all our roster problems if we get to draft him.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#160 » by TheSuzerain » Tue Jan 5, 2021 6:22 pm

Cade Cunningham

Jalen Suggs
Evan Mobley

Jalen Green
Keon Johnson
Ziaire Williams
Moses Moody
Jonathan Kuminga
Kai Jones
Usman Garuba

This seems on the money from the Bulls perspective.

Suggs and Cunningham are the guys. We need a primary playmaker above all else.

Return to Chicago Bulls